• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:48
CEST 04:48
KST 11:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7867 users

MLG Broadcast Feedback - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 30 31 32 Next All
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
February 09 2012 22:02 GMT
#21
Tumba and JP need a bit of time to get more chemistry together, but Tumba's excitment and NFL voice is honestly a refreshing contrast to JP's monotone. I also agree with turdburgler (+ Show Spoiler +
On February 10 2012 06:54 turdburgler wrote:
if you could take some notes during the day before broadcast, maybe prepare an interesting fact or 2 and have it written down and/or memorised. i think it would make the talk and the chat between you feel more smooth. maybe you do this already, well then id just suggest a bit more rehersal time, if you have the time to spare that is.
), I know y'all have the facts beforehand, just work on delivery. That will probably come as chemistry improves though.

All in all, things are looking pretty good!
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
bmml
Profile Joined December 2009
United Kingdom962 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 22:25:43
February 09 2012 22:09 GMT
#22
Europeans don't just want the EU qualifer's times to be better, we want all the shows times to be more europe friendly .

Another quick thing, I'm no production expert but the lighting you have in the studio is too relaxing for me, red and dimmed kinda dulled the excitement also at least during the finals your blue shirt clashes pretty horribly with the ambient red glow.
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
February 09 2012 22:24 GMT
#23
I thought the production and stream quality were excellent, no complaints there.

However, I think you should put more thought in the caster selection. JP + Apollo was excellent, but JP + Tumba was kinda just 2 play-by-play casters doing their thing and the dynamic just didnt work. I can understand that getting Day9 to cast in the middle of the week is easier said than done, but still that's the one complaint I have about the EU invitationals, the casting could have been better.
Daq
Profile Joined April 2011
14 Posts
February 09 2012 22:24 GMT
#24
I thought the entire thing was amazing. I can't wait to see more and more content from MLG--2012 is the year of MLG!

I'm so glad to see Tumba getting more and more exposure on the internets! I don't know if it was just the relocation blues (due to moving to NYC) but it seemed like something was eating at JP and he didn't have the energy that Tumba did. I was having to work most of the time that it was on so I was keeping the stream in the background but I never felt like I didn't know what was going on because of the experienced and energetic casting... even if it was a little bit one sided.

Don't mean to say anything bad about JP--I can't wait to see more content and I am sure he is going to be amazing in the next thing he casts but I think that Tumba clearly did a better job this weekend.

Don't have anything to say about the visuals because, as I said, I mostly just listened.

--Daq
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
February 09 2012 22:28 GMT
#25
On February 10 2012 07:24 Bagi wrote:
I thought the production and stream quality were excellent, no complaints there.

However, I think you should put more thought in the caster selection. JP + Apollo was excellent, but JP + Tumba was kinda just 2 play-by-play casters doing their thing and the dynamic just didnt work. I can understand that getting Day9 to cast in the middle of the week is easier said than done, but still that's the one complaint I have about the EU invitationals, the casting could have been better.


I actually found I couldn't stand Apollo and JP together. They are pretty good casters by themselves (JP is better though ) but as a casting team I feel like they really lack the energy that is provided by someone like Day9, Husky, or Tasteless.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
February 09 2012 22:29 GMT
#26
really good overall.

but since i'm european, i only watch the VODs and the MLG video player has always been terrible for me. i appreciate the nice quality for free, but i have to refresh every video ~10 times and hit HD each time until it actually plays in HD rather than medium, or sometimes even randomly low. not sure if others have this problem.
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
SACtheXchng
Profile Joined January 2011
168 Posts
February 09 2012 23:01 GMT
#27
On February 10 2012 06:20 itmeJP wrote:
It is incredibly awesome if you guys are able to communicate to us that you like what you're seeing / you hate what you're seeing and what you want to see in addition to.

Also, feel free to shoot any (constructive) casting feedback my way to via this post!

Thanks so much guys and see you guys on-air

Edit: We're aware of the European qualifier time slot and plan to make a change for future EU qualifiers. Sorry about that.


Production seemed solid the few times I could watch so late at night. That huge MLG overlay in the top center sometimes blocks the production tab when a lot of stuff is produced. That's a minor issue, but on the other hand, that thing really doesn't need to be THAT huge.

As for casting feedback/criticism, the usual. Way too many "Uhs" and overuse of words, plus "going to be" and "will" for stuff that's just happened or is happening right now. I dont think, the player in the upper right is "going to be" MouzThorzain, I believe he already is. Same for "...will clean that attack up." just when the attacker has just lost his last unit.

That's not to you specifically, JP. 95% of casters do that, that's why I said, the usual. Wanna be the first one to eliminate these no-nos from your vocabulary?
tiaz
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden231 Posts
February 09 2012 23:08 GMT
#28
I love every bit of it, including the broadcast time ^_~
Keep up the good work!
"When you play, you have to start off with a mind to turn the game into a rape." - Iloveoov
CarlosOmse
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany507 Posts
February 09 2012 23:15 GMT
#29
Why was violet invited for eurpean qualifier?
and why werent the brackets fully invited to max ?
a book is like a mirror if a monkey looks into it no philosopher will look back
Keytar
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada156 Posts
February 09 2012 23:33 GMT
#30
The biggest problem I had was the colors and top score bar the first night. They didn't line up and you showed mirror match-ups (a light blue zerg shown as blue, and a blue zerg shown as red, is terrible) and it was incredibly confusing. It was fixed the next day, and has been since. Any urgent feedback has already been given and solved, which is why MLG is so great.

The best thing you've done is pick a european caster (Apollo) to team up with for the casts. He's far more familiar with the players and what they've been up to locally than any traditional, american MLG caster would be. I assume you're picking one of the english casters in Korea for the matches this week, and then falling back to well, anyone, for the north american games. If so -- well done.
I try to be rage-free as I game. As you can imagine, this is difficult.
Noobymcnoob
Profile Joined June 2011
United States11 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 23:35:48
February 09 2012 23:35 GMT
#31
Was a good show, not counting any stream or skype issues

Both JP and Tumba did a great job, but I honestly think Tumba killed it! Keep up the good work!
"Low Expectations ; Pleasantly surprised"
chuky500
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
France473 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-10 00:01:43
February 09 2012 23:48 GMT
#32
- The broadcast was too many days after the games were played. I already knew the results of the Millenium team which were the ones I wanted to watch.

- I wanted to watch more games from the losers' bracket. That's the interresting part about double elimination is that you can follow players that lost early. But here you only showed the final games of the losers' bracket so it lost its charm.

- You should have cast alternatively losers brackets games and winners bracket games in my opinion, because in a real tournament that's the chronology. It increases the feeling that games happened a long time ago.

- I don't really like when each caster says he root for a player because that sounds fake. If one caster says he roots for a player that's cool but I don't like when the 2nd one says "ok if you pick this player I'll pick the other player". Especially since you probably know the results or at least if it was a 2-1 or 2-0 series.

- The most important part : make your overlay in the same way Starcraft 2 shows players. If in starcraft 2 the scoreboard shows this player on the left don't put him on the right in your overlay !!! Because our brain is very confused if the player on the left of the screen isn't who your overlay says he is. Also don't forget players' colors but you fixed it on day 2.

I made a picture that explains how your overlays should be and it is also how Starcraft 2 displays the score. Check the demos if you have time and you'll see sc2 shows the score in a better way than the mlg stream.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Ps : I don't like when casters start talking by saying "I mean" but I know that's not on purpose :/
DarkenedLite
Profile Joined April 2011
United States188 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-10 00:12:04
February 10 2012 00:06 GMT
#33
I don't have any major qualms on the production side of things, the games were clean and easy to watch for the most part and the transitions were good. I agree with the idea above of making sure that the overlays match up with the side that the player spawns on and their color. Small things like that go a long way. I realize it can be frustrating when the players spawn on different sides or use different colors throughout a match, but going that extra mile will make the production appear much cleaner overall.

I'd also prefer avoiding the full screening of the caster currently talking between games because while that is effective in a podcast environment, I don't feel like it's suitable with the back and forth that should be going on between the casters during the lull before the next game. Keep the casters on the same screen and keep a dialogue going as opposed to question then answer.

That psuedo-complaint also applies to the casting. It felt a lot like JP was just asking questions and making comments of his own without any real dialogue or discussion happening consistently. This was applicable for when he was paired up with dApollo and Tumba. It seemed like the two latter mentioned casters were trying hard to keep dialogue going, but were having a rough time of it. That's something that I think should be promoted and I commend dApollo and Tumba for that and I hope the casting moves more into that direction in the future. Excitement too. Excitement and interest. dApollo and Tumba in particular seemed to really be into the matches and I wasn't seeing that echoed.

Other than that, I thought that the qualifier overall was excellent. Great games all around and I look forward to seeing how the event progresses. Despite not being an EU resident, I'll just echo the sentiment that it would be best to cater to the EU folks first and the rest of us second for their qualifier. At the very least they should be accommodated in some fashion may it be rebroadcast or better times overall.
You can only win the game when you understand that it is a game.
SCDKiLLaZ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States42 Posts
February 10 2012 00:23 GMT
#34
I wouldnt mind if the audio was slightly louder. I rather need to lower volume if its too loud than have it maxed and be just not loud enough.
ellirc
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3286 Posts
February 10 2012 00:46 GMT
#35
I would like to share my thoughts I posted in this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=310416#17

Not a VERY big deal, but it's something to be careful about to maintain the high quality MLG has been producing since Columbus
IFgogogosu
Profile Joined February 2012
15 Posts
February 10 2012 00:58 GMT
#36
All I know is the cast tonight is pretty bad. It's the Korean qualifier and they have a kid that appears to be 12 and in his bedroom that said he didn't know the Korean scene during a game. IEM has Bitter, Rotterdam, Rob Simpson MLG has a little kid that obviously doesn't know the match ups or players. He speaks waay to fast also. Here is a fact, He never said code S or code A once during the cast. MLG you really need to step it up.

I may sound critical, but being nice cause you are MLG won't help you improve. I would love to meet the genius that said, yeah lets put this guy on.

The studio looks very good, and the over all production is great. But do these matches justice its Korea man! JP has to be frustrated.
cyclone25
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Romania3344 Posts
February 10 2012 01:05 GMT
#37
I have a small suggestion for your brackets: please don't add 0-2 scores for players that actually didn't played their matches.
Just post it as 1-0 or w/o.
For example in the EU qualifier, XlorD and Bigs gave walkovers, but on the MLG bracket there's no mention of that.

If MarineKing goes 0-2 early in the winner bracket and 0-2 in the loser bracket, there's no way for us to know if he actually played in those matches.
;,;
Profile Joined February 2012
6 Posts
February 10 2012 01:09 GMT
#38
This lisp is driving me crazy.
WiljushkA
Profile Joined March 2006
Serbia1416 Posts
February 10 2012 01:12 GMT
#39
On February 10 2012 06:22 Ingebrigtsen wrote:
I really liked the part were the broadcast was on when all the europeans were sleeping


highlight of the tournament for me aswell.
"As much as I love the image of me F5-ing paypal every 15 minutes while fist pumping and screaming "SHIP THE MONEY BITCHES"" - Day9
phathom321
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1730 Posts
February 10 2012 01:43 GMT
#40
It would be nice if you guys made the top bar displaying the player names had a little cutoff at the bottom so you could show the supply from each player from the blizzard name plates thing. It's a little hard to see the supplies in the top corner unless you're full screen ;_;
"Dying in the line of duty is heroic, but dying while unemployed is just stupid." -L
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 30 31 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 245
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 195
Terrorterran 20
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm211
League of Legends
Doublelift5964
JimRising 769
Counter-Strike
taco 293
minikerr44
Other Games
summit1g13581
C9.Mang0392
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1219
BasetradeTV189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP173
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 12m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 12m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 12m
Replay Cast
20h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.