• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:13
CEST 10:13
KST 17:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7559 users

More MLG 2012, Dates & Details Announced! - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
321 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 17 Next All
MLG_Adam
Profile Joined July 2010
United States994 Posts
January 26 2012 18:22 GMT
#121
On January 27 2012 03:20 Xivsa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 01:36 MLG_Lee wrote:
StarCraft 2 Winter Championship Prize Money
$76,000 in total
1st Place: $25,000
2nd Place: $15,000
3rd Place: $9,000
4th Place: $5,500
5th/6th Place: $3,500 each
7th/8th Place: $2,250 each
9th- 12th Place: $1,500 each
13th-16th Place: $1,000 each



Maybe I'm horrible at maths, but $62750 does not equal $76k in prize money. Add up the amounts yourself. Even if places 17-24 get $1k each, that still totals less than $72k. Does your total include prize money for other games? If not, where's the rest of the money?



5/6th is $3,500 EACH
7/8 is $2250 EACH

9-12 IS $1500 each

13-16 is $1000 EACH
Twitter: MrAdamAp
holy_war
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States3590 Posts
January 26 2012 18:22 GMT
#122
Excited about the MLG season! When do you think the other 3 locations will be announced?
AimlessAmoeba
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada704 Posts
January 26 2012 18:23 GMT
#123
C'monnn just announce Toronto already...!
Xivsa
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1009 Posts
January 26 2012 18:23 GMT
#124
On January 27 2012 03:22 MLG_Adam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 03:20 Xivsa wrote:
On January 27 2012 01:36 MLG_Lee wrote:
StarCraft 2 Winter Championship Prize Money
$76,000 in total
1st Place: $25,000
2nd Place: $15,000
3rd Place: $9,000
4th Place: $5,500
5th/6th Place: $3,500 each
7th/8th Place: $2,250 each
9th- 12th Place: $1,500 each
13th-16th Place: $1,000 each



Maybe I'm horrible at maths, but $62750 does not equal $76k in prize money. Add up the amounts yourself. Even if places 17-24 get $1k each, that still totals less than $72k. Does your total include prize money for other games? If not, where's the rest of the money?



5/6th is $3,500 EACH
7/8 is $2250 EACH

9-12 IS $1500 each

13-16 is $1000 EACH


Yep, I'm just horrible at maths. Sorry about that.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. - Bilbo
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
January 26 2012 18:23 GMT
#125
On January 27 2012 03:20 Xivsa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 01:36 MLG_Lee wrote:
StarCraft 2 Winter Championship Prize Money
$76,000 in total
1st Place: $25,000
2nd Place: $15,000
3rd Place: $9,000
4th Place: $5,500
5th/6th Place: $3,500 each
7th/8th Place: $2,250 each
9th- 12th Place: $1,500 each
13th-16th Place: $1,000 each



Maybe I'm horrible at maths, but $62750 does not equal $76k in prize money. Add up the amounts yourself. Even if places 17-24 get $1k each, that still totals less than $72k. Does your total include prize money for other games? If not, where's the rest of the money?


The Math checks out fine.
Louis8k8
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada285 Posts
January 26 2012 18:23 GMT
#126
Go MLG! I love the prize pool (especially the balance). I like it more even. The boast should be mostly the 'I'm the champion' rather than 'I won 75% of the prize pool'.

And oye that is a LOT of expenses x__X.
Balgrog
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1221 Posts
January 26 2012 18:24 GMT
#127
This is going to be such an epic season! I can almost, ALMOST, over look the extended series continuation because of how awesome the rest of this is.
The only way to attack structure is with chaos.
Welmu
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Finland3295 Posts
January 26 2012 18:24 GMT
#128
Any info about qualifiers out?
Progamertwitter.com/welmu1 | twitch.com/Welmu1
Tortious_Tortoise
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States944 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 18:45:11
January 26 2012 18:25 GMT
#129
On January 27 2012 03:14 vardsun wrote:
so much money though for you guys. you'll still be making profit after all the hotel rooms, travel and food + prize money?

even so, must be a huge investment so thank you


MLG has reserved Hall D, which, according to this, looks to be the biggest. And, according to this, each hall seats a maximum of 120,000. With all the gear MLG is bringing, though, they can probably only use about 1/6th* of the space for seating, so about 20,000. 20,000*25 (assuming price is constant from last year) is $500,000 which will cover almost the whole year's prize pool :D -- dat eSports economics

I'm sorry if I'm misrepresenting data, a lot of it is pretty fuzzy, and I'm, by no means, an expert on this sort of thing.

*totally made up-- no foundation for this claim

EDIT: clarified that by "whole year" I meant "whole year's prize pool"
Treating eSports as a social science since 2011; Credo: "The system is never wrong"-- Day9 Daily #400 Part 3
Luxilon
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2 Posts
January 26 2012 18:27 GMT
#130
On January 27 2012 03:08 MLG_Adam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 03:06 mdvoltage.rosko wrote:
On January 27 2012 03:02 MLG_Adam wrote:
On January 27 2012 02:59 chasmofcrisis wrote:
I'm still holding out hope for an MLG in Philly, but it might make too much sense. Amazing, central convention center with oodles of restaurants in the surrounding area, within a reasonably short drive of every major Northeastern city, incredibly cheap compared to NYC and Boston (and probably DC but I haven't been there in ages) and highly populated with young people.

On a related note, I really hope we get the other cities announced in a timely manner so those of us with travel restrictions can make plans with our jobs, school, etc.


In your list of items that make a ton of sense, you forgot to mention that PA (and more specifically Philly) is the poster child of Union labor rates for shows like ours.

Getting shadowed by union workers to run your show drives up cost exponentially.

I love Philly too


I wish Chicago fixed their shit with their unions too and bring an event to Chicago! Unions are pretty expensive here too. I've got a feeling MLG has wanted to come here for a while.



Chicago, the general North East, Pennsylvania, and the big houses in LA are all bad.


How about the Twin cities then?
ImmortalRan
Profile Joined November 2011
United States2 Posts
January 26 2012 18:28 GMT
#131
I really like the new format. Seems much better than last years.

It will be even better when the Areas get spectors though. Having just the casters and players there kind of makes it less exciting. As much as I love the charsima and excitement that casters like Day 9 and Husky bring, it's even better when a live audience is into the game and cheering and what not.

Makes things even more intense.
Seriox
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany373 Posts
January 26 2012 18:31 GMT
#132
I just want to mention that it sounds awesome. Thank you!
BamBam
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
745 Posts
January 26 2012 18:33 GMT
#133
When will the other cities that MLG will be going to get announced?
"two is way better than twice as one" - artosis
wunsun
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada622 Posts
January 26 2012 18:33 GMT
#134
I just want to say.... MLG Toronto PLEASE ^^

Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
January 26 2012 18:35 GMT
#135
Awesome stuff from MLG. 2012 is looking to be a great year.
WigglingSquid
Profile Joined August 2011
5194 Posts
January 26 2012 18:37 GMT
#136
Dat fully-refunded expenses.
Really nice to see, keep it up and thanks for the awesome work.
DiLiGu
Profile Joined December 2011
United States185 Posts
January 26 2012 18:37 GMT
#137
On January 27 2012 03:19 starslayer wrote:
MLG needs to come to DC PLEASE



THIS.

I'll probably still make it out with my buddies to Columbus tho, since it's right on my birthday.

However I must have missed where they announced the venue. Nice hotels in walking distance? I wanna party it up. Maybe bring strippers... not sure MLG's policy on strippers. I'll share with the sc2 finalists and casters tho ^_^


Speaking of casters, have we any idea? I haven't seen Day[9] in a while, I'd love to see Day[J]Wheat and Tastosis again, but some of the traditionally tier 2 casters have made huge improvements in the last couple months.

For example, I'd really love to see CatsPajamas and Husky (probably the two most underrated casters) together - tho I suspect CatsPJs probably can't do MLG if he's employed by IGN. Or Apollo and Mr.Bitter would be sweet.



Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
January 26 2012 18:38 GMT
#138
On January 27 2012 03:25 mbr2321 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 03:14 vardsun wrote:
so much money though for you guys. you'll still be making profit after all the hotel rooms, travel and food + prize money?

even so, must be a huge investment so thank you


MLG has reserved Hall D, which, according to this, looks to be the biggest. And, according to this, each hall seats a maximum of 120,000. With all the gear MLG is bringing, though, they can probably only use about 1/6th* of the space for seating, so about 20,000. 20,000*25 (assuming price is constant from last year) is $500,000 which will cover almost the whole year :D -- dat eSports economics

I'm sorry if I'm misrepresenting data, a lot of it is pretty fuzzy, and I'm, by no means, an expert on this sort of thing.

*totally made up-- no foundation for this claim



$500,000 definitely would not cover the whole year lol. I'm pretty sure the cost of a satellite truck for just one event is around that amount. Not that $500,000 is a meaningful number since you made it up...
mahi29
Profile Joined May 2011
United States235 Posts
January 26 2012 18:38 GMT
#139
I'm praying for MLG to come to Northern California. That would be amazing.
The mind is its own place, and in it self Can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.
Saig0n
Profile Joined May 2010
United States100 Posts
January 26 2012 18:39 GMT
#140
On January 27 2012 03:25 mbr2321 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 03:14 vardsun wrote:
so much money though for you guys. you'll still be making profit after all the hotel rooms, travel and food + prize money?

even so, must be a huge investment so thank you


MLG has reserved Hall D, which, according to this, looks to be the biggest. And, according to this, each hall seats a maximum of 120,000. With all the gear MLG is bringing, though, they can probably only use about 1/6th* of the space for seating, so about 20,000. 20,000*25 (assuming price is constant from last year) is $500,000 which will cover almost the whole year :D -- dat eSports economics

I'm sorry if I'm misrepresenting data, a lot of it is pretty fuzzy, and I'm, by no means, an expert on this sort of thing.

*totally made up-- no foundation for this claim


Yea, but this does not take into consideration cost of casters, streaming equipment and a slew of other factors. But your right I hope they make a profit, so that events like this can new sustainable.

I trust they have extremely smart people working at mlg and have run the numbers. This setup is amazing and will only become better when arenas are spectstor and qualifiers are open. Go mlg!
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 75
EnDerr 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2468
Rain 1576
FanTaSy 432
Soma 84
Mong 76
Killer 56
NotJumperer 44
Bale 36
Hm[arnc] 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
[ Show more ]
Sharp 15
Shinee 14
yabsab 14
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
Fuzer 70
League of Legends
JimRising 510
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss392
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King130
Other Games
summit1g8128
olofmeister1046
ceh9404
Happy265
KnowMe135
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick688
BasetradeTV171
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 12
• killerbeecast3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2217
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Lourlo1054
• Stunt505
Other Games
• Shiphtur861
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 47m
INu's Battles
2h 47m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
4h 47m
OSC
14h 2m
Replay Cast
14h 47m
OSC
1d 14h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.