• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:50
CEST 00:50
KST 07:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6595 users

Interview with ST_Aphrodite (translated)

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
dearyuna
Profile Joined December 2011
United States322 Posts
January 10 2012 16:34 GMT
#1
+ Show Spoiler +

Kim Ga Young, Failed First Attempt at Code A… Will Continue to Attempt!
“Nervousness caused me to blank out, I didn’t know what I did”
Originally by Castor
Translated by dearyuna / @dearyuna
Original Link

[image loading]


Kim Ga Young’s (Aphrodite of StarTale) first attempt at Code A placements has resulted in failure.
Kim Ga Young competed in the second day of the GSL Season 1 Code A preliminaries at the Intel eStadium at Techno.Mart
Kim Ga Young won the round of 16 by default within her group, and faced FXOSiriuS in the round of 8. FXOSiriuS advanced in the Starcraft 2 Open Season 2 preliminaries, and is an experienced zerg player who also has experience with GSTL.
In the first set, ST_Aphrodite produced Thors to combat FXOSirius’ Mutalisks, but fell short in terms of firepower. In the following match, ST_Aphrodite used a mechanic involving the production of Hellions, but was ineffective against the Zerg, resulting in a GG.

StarTale’s Manager Won Jong Wook, who had watched the preliminary matches, stated “She was unable to demonstrate her skills due to nervousness. However, her opponent FXOSiriuS is very talented, and this has been a good experience for ST_Aphrodite.”

After the match, we met with ST_Aphrodite to discuss her views on her first Code A Preliminaries and future plans.

Your first preliminary competition has just ended. How do you feel?

My mind still feels blank because I was so nervous. I’m the type to get anxious very easily, but I was so nervous that I’m not sure what I just did. I can’t seem to keep my head on straight.

We watched your match. You went on with your style of play, but seemed to have fallen short on keeping a check on your opponent.

It was because I was nervous. I didn’t know what to do, and nothing came to mind.

How do you stand in terms of ladder ranking and points?

I am currently in Masters League with 500 points.

What race do you feel most and least confident with?

Although I lost today, I play best against Zerg players. [Laughs]. I used to play best against Protoss but after the 1.4.2 patch, it became harder to play against them. Now I’m the worst against Protoss players.

Will you compete in the following preliminaries?

Of course I will. Even in the competition in China I was unable to do anything during the first day because I was so nervous. However, the next day, I was able to nab a win because I decided to play comfortably. I think I’ll be able to compete more comfortably in the following preliminaries.

When do you predict you’ll advance to Code A?

There’s still a long way to go. Earliest will be in June, don’t you think I’ll have to advance at least three times in the preliminaries to stand a chance?

Any last thoughts?

Although I haven’t succeeded, I hope my boyfriend advances to qualifiers. Fighting!



+ Show Spoiler +

김가영, 첫 코드A 도전 실패...하지만 계속 도전!
“너무 떨려서 머리가 멍하고, 뭘 했는지 모르겠다”
카스토르 (심현 기자)


‘아프로디테’ 김가영(스타테일)의 첫 코드A 본선 진출 도전은 실패로 끝났다.

김가영은 6일 오전 신도림 테크노마트에 위치한 인텔 e스타디움에서 열리고 있는 2012 GSL 시즌1 코드A 예선 이틀째 경기에 출전했다.

오전조 4번째 조에 속한 김가영은 16강을 부전승으로 통과한 뒤 8강에서 최진솔(FXO)과 격돌했다. 최진솔은 스타크래프트2 오픈 시즌2 본선에 진출했고, GSTL에도 출전한 경험이 있는 저그 플레이어.

김가영은 첫 세트에서 상대의 뮤탈리스크에 맞서 토르를 생산했지만 화력에서 밀렸고, 이어진 경기에서는 다수 화염차를 생산하며 메카닉을 준비했지만 저그에게 피해를 주지 못한 채 GG를 선언했다.

예선전 경기를 모두 지켜본 원종욱 감독은 “긴장한 탓인지 제 기량을 발휘하지 못했다. 하지만 상대인 최진솔 선수가 잘하는 선수고, (김)가영이에게 좋은 경험이 됐다고 생각한다”고 총평했다.

경기를 마친 김가영을 만나 첫 코드A 예선전 출전 소감과 앞으로의 계획에 대해 들어봤다.

첫 출전한 예선전이 방금 끝났다. 기분이 어떤가?

떨려서 지금도 머리가 멍하다. 내가 긴장을 많이 하는 편인데 너무 떨리니까 뭘 했는지도 모르겠다. 정신이 하나도 없다.

경기를 지켜봤다. 본인의 플레이는 하지만 견제를 전혀 하지 못하던데.

긴장돼서 그랬다. 무엇을 어떻게 해야 할지 생각도 나지 않더라.

래더 랭킹과 점수는 어느 정도인가?

현재 마스터리그 500점 정도이다.

가장 자신 있는 종족전과 자신 없는 종족전을 꼽는다면?

오늘은 졌지만 원래는 저그전을 가장 잘한다(웃음). 프로토스전을 가장 잘했는데 1.4.2 패치 이후에 프로토스전이 힘들어졌다. 지금은 프로토스전을 가장 못한다.

다음 예선에도 출전하나?

물론 출전한다. 중국 대회에 출전했을 때도 첫날은 긴장해서 아무것도 하지 못했다. 그런데 다음날에는 편하게 경기한 덕분에 우승도 차지했다. 다음 예선은 오늘보다 훨씬 편하게 경기할 수 있을 것 같다.

언제쯤 코드A 본선에 출전할 수 있을 것으로 예상하나?

아직은 멀었다. 최소 6개월, 예선전에 3번 이상은 출전해야 조금 가능성이 보이지 않을까?

마지막으로 하고 싶은 말이 있다면?

나는 떨어졌지만 남자친구는 꼭 본선에 올라갔으면 좋겠다. 파이팅!
@dearyuna Team SCV Life <3
Linwelin
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland7554 Posts
January 10 2012 16:39 GMT
#2
Thanks for the translation!
Fuck Razor and Death Prophet
omgimonfire15
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States233 Posts
January 10 2012 16:41 GMT
#3
Maybe next time. But I can't find her name anywhere on the brackets. Maybe I'm just blind but I think the brackets are largely incomplete save for the winners and some random players.
RainSunShowers
Profile Joined August 2011
Norway152 Posts
January 10 2012 16:43 GMT
#4
Its good to see that she atleast will continue to try qualify for GSL. Also sad that Rainbow didn't make it to code A
Founder of CTL http://choboteamleague.enjin.com/home
KingPaddy
Profile Joined November 2010
1053 Posts
January 10 2012 16:45 GMT
#5
Thanks for your translation!
Hope she will succeed next time
RexCogitans
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway37 Posts
January 10 2012 16:58 GMT
#6
No shame in not making code A qualifiers on your first attempt. Keep practicing, keep trying, I'd love to see a woman compete in the GSL (with an earned spot).
No!
dearyuna
Profile Joined December 2011
United States322 Posts
January 10 2012 17:13 GMT
#7
and she's so pretttyyyyyy she seems quite humble too.
@dearyuna Team SCV Life <3
dacimvrl
Profile Joined December 2011
Vatican City State582 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-10 17:42:14
January 10 2012 17:23 GMT
#8
We need more female pro gamers that actually play XD
hooktits
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States972 Posts
January 10 2012 17:39 GMT
#9
I would love to cradle her in my arms like a baby she is soo cute ^_^. You can do it aphrodite! i would love to see a girl gamer breach the ranks and be able to throw down with the guys!
Hooktits of Tits gaming @hooktits twit
Yaki
Profile Joined April 2011
France4234 Posts
January 10 2012 17:40 GMT
#10
Hope she makes it into Code A eventually, same for Rainbow before he goes to military t.t
MC ■ MarineKing ■ LosirA ■ To someone who has lost after trying his best, no words from the winner can console him.
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
January 10 2012 17:43 GMT
#11
Better luck next time!
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
January 10 2012 17:46 GMT
#12
i would feel like such a dickhole for beating her
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
January 10 2012 17:59 GMT
#13
Aww, I hoped she would advance. The Tastosis commentary alone would probably be worth it, but she's genuinely likable and someone I'll cheer.
Harrad
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
1003 Posts
January 10 2012 18:24 GMT
#14
she's good at sc2 AND she looks like an idol, woah.
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
January 10 2012 18:26 GMT
#15
Rainbow is one lucky guy.
Sajaki
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada1135 Posts
January 10 2012 18:28 GMT
#16
On January 11 2012 03:26 zoLo wrote:
Rainbow is one lucky guy.


I agree completely

Nice interview
Inno pls...
leveller
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1840 Posts
January 10 2012 19:04 GMT
#17
On January 11 2012 02:46 B.I.G. wrote:
i would feel like such a dickhole for beating her


Lol why?

Better luck next time.

Thanks for the translation!!! Much love!
K3Nyy
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1961 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-10 19:06:13
January 10 2012 19:05 GMT
#18
She looks like a goddess in that picture. ^-^;;

I hope she does qualify next time, I wanna see a girl in Code A.
illsick
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1770 Posts
January 10 2012 19:08 GMT
#19
she's trying atleast

I don't even think Eve tries....
you live and you learn
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
January 10 2012 19:11 GMT
#20
On January 11 2012 04:04 leveller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2012 02:46 B.I.G. wrote:
i would feel like such a dickhole for beating her


Lol why?

sad girls make me sad
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 135
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 420
White-Ra 143
910 45
NaDa 39
Dota 2
monkeys_forever279
NeuroSwarm141
Super Smash Bros
PPMD85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8857
Liquid`Hasu1735
Trikslyr85
Other Games
summit1g8474
Liquid`RaSZi3176
shahzam551
JimRising 322
B2W.Neo175
C9.Mang0157
ArmadaUGS93
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream313
Other Games
BasetradeTV244
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1088
Other Games
• imaqtpie1129
• Shiphtur185
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 10m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.