• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:58
CEST 05:58
KST 12:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202611Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8145 users

Quantic / NaNiwa Apologize to GOMTV / SC2Community - Page 45

Forum Index > SC2 General
969 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 49 Next All
(Albert)
Profile Joined October 2009
France6 Posts
December 16 2011 01:00 GMT
#881
lol ! This is so pathetic... I don't think it's possible to be more politically correct and hypocritical. I'm not a great fan of Naniwa but he definitely earned my respect by being so childish and unprofessional in this occasion and doing just what he wanted. Guess what: this is just a game ! People are getting too serious about e-sports without noticing that all this is just about big money (have a look at the thread on betting advices).
an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Xxavi
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1248 Posts
December 16 2011 02:38 GMT
#882
On December 16 2011 10:00 (Albert) wrote:
lol ! This is so pathetic... I don't think it's possible to be more politically correct and hypocritical. I'm not a great fan of Naniwa but he definitely earned my respect by being so childish and unprofessional in this occasion and doing just what he wanted. Guess what: this is just a game ! People are getting too serious about e-sports without noticing that all this is just about big money (have a look at the thread on betting advices).

QFT. GOMTV trying to be politically correct when their basic message is "This is Korea broh, respect Koreans" etc. What a load of bullshit. I mean, I can understand some Korean fans having such reaction but come on.

What would happen if for some ridiculous reason like this Park (the ManU footballer) was banned?! I don't know just how popular football is there, but I guess they'd look into possible racism/nationalism issues. Well GOM are clearly trying to demonstrate a Korean/Non-Korean divide for their competitions. Hypocritical. Stop inviting all those "BM-ing" foreigners then, instead of fucking about.

Back when Zenio BM-ed Idra on stage for Idra's alleged BM on ladder (the two are ridiculously incomparable!), they had zilch to say. When almost all Korean-pros put their skirts on and cornered little Gracken, GOM had no issues with it (and this is right, it's not within their rules to interfere). Yet, apparently, when Naniwa BMs NesTea, it is not within (unwritten!) rules!

I have no love lost for either Idra or Naniwa, I am root for their opponents, but this is truly garbage stuff.
kickinhead
Profile Joined December 2008
Switzerland2069 Posts
December 16 2011 02:43 GMT
#883
so, Nani apologized, what about an apology from GomTV?
https://soundcloud.com/thesamplethief
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
December 16 2011 03:33 GMT
#884
On December 16 2011 11:43 kickinhead wrote:
so, Nani apologized, what about an apology from GomTV?


what apology? they don't need to apologize.
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
December 16 2011 03:34 GMT
#885
On December 16 2011 11:38 Xxavi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2011 10:00 (Albert) wrote:
lol ! This is so pathetic... I don't think it's possible to be more politically correct and hypocritical. I'm not a great fan of Naniwa but he definitely earned my respect by being so childish and unprofessional in this occasion and doing just what he wanted. Guess what: this is just a game ! People are getting too serious about e-sports without noticing that all this is just about big money (have a look at the thread on betting advices).

QFT. GOMTV trying to be politically correct when their basic message is "This is Korea broh, respect Koreans" etc. What a load of bullshit. I mean, I can understand some Korean fans having such reaction but come on.

What would happen if for some ridiculous reason like this Park (the ManU footballer) was banned?! I don't know just how popular football is there, but I guess they'd look into possible racism/nationalism issues. Well GOM are clearly trying to demonstrate a Korean/Non-Korean divide for their competitions. Hypocritical. Stop inviting all those "BM-ing" foreigners then, instead of fucking about.

Back when Zenio BM-ed Idra on stage for Idra's alleged BM on ladder (the two are ridiculously incomparable!), they had zilch to say. When almost all Korean-pros put their skirts on and cornered little Gracken, GOM had no issues with it (and this is right, it's not within their rules to interfere). Yet, apparently, when Naniwa BMs NesTea, it is not within (unwritten!) rules!

I have no love lost for either Idra or Naniwa, I am root for their opponents, but this is truly garbage stuff.


I have no idea what you're trying to say but there's a difference between BMing, a ceremony at the end of the game, and just plain giving up. If you try and lump them all in the same group, that's where you're wrong.
iky43210
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2099 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-16 03:38:38
December 16 2011 03:38 GMT
#886
On December 16 2011 11:38 Xxavi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2011 10:00 (Albert) wrote:
lol ! This is so pathetic... I don't think it's possible to be more politically correct and hypocritical. I'm not a great fan of Naniwa but he definitely earned my respect by being so childish and unprofessional in this occasion and doing just what he wanted. Guess what: this is just a game ! People are getting too serious about e-sports without noticing that all this is just about big money (have a look at the thread on betting advices).

QFT. GOMTV trying to be politically correct when their basic message is "This is Korea broh, respect Koreans" etc. What a load of bullshit. I mean, I can understand some Korean fans having such reaction but come on.

What would happen if for some ridiculous reason like this Park (the ManU footballer) was banned?! I don't know just how popular football is there, but I guess they'd look into possible racism/nationalism issues. Well GOM are clearly trying to demonstrate a Korean/Non-Korean divide for their competitions. Hypocritical. Stop inviting all those "BM-ing" foreigners then, instead of fucking about.

Back when Zenio BM-ed Idra on stage for Idra's alleged BM on ladder (the two are ridiculously incomparable!), they had zilch to say. When almost all Korean-pros put their skirts on and cornered little Gracken, GOM had no issues with it (and this is right, it's not within their rules to interfere). Yet, apparently, when Naniwa BMs NesTea, it is not within (unwritten!) rules!

I have no love lost for either Idra or Naniwa, I am root for their opponents, but this is truly garbage stuff.


I don't know who Park is, but not everything around the world revolves around the US. In most sports in most country, bad sportsmanship and unprofessional conducts can and will get you penalized/banned.

Look up Jon Daly for most recent example

this is ridiculous. This isn't about Korean vs West, Naniwa has also been banned from 3 tourneys in the EU.
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
December 16 2011 03:58 GMT
#887
On December 16 2011 12:38 iky43210 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2011 11:38 Xxavi wrote:
On December 16 2011 10:00 (Albert) wrote:
lol ! This is so pathetic... I don't think it's possible to be more politically correct and hypocritical. I'm not a great fan of Naniwa but he definitely earned my respect by being so childish and unprofessional in this occasion and doing just what he wanted. Guess what: this is just a game ! People are getting too serious about e-sports without noticing that all this is just about big money (have a look at the thread on betting advices).

QFT. GOMTV trying to be politically correct when their basic message is "This is Korea broh, respect Koreans" etc. What a load of bullshit. I mean, I can understand some Korean fans having such reaction but come on.

What would happen if for some ridiculous reason like this Park (the ManU footballer) was banned?! I don't know just how popular football is there, but I guess they'd look into possible racism/nationalism issues. Well GOM are clearly trying to demonstrate a Korean/Non-Korean divide for their competitions. Hypocritical. Stop inviting all those "BM-ing" foreigners then, instead of fucking about.

Back when Zenio BM-ed Idra on stage for Idra's alleged BM on ladder (the two are ridiculously incomparable!), they had zilch to say. When almost all Korean-pros put their skirts on and cornered little Gracken, GOM had no issues with it (and this is right, it's not within their rules to interfere). Yet, apparently, when Naniwa BMs NesTea, it is not within (unwritten!) rules!

I have no love lost for either Idra or Naniwa, I am root for their opponents, but this is truly garbage stuff.


I don't know who Park is, but not everything around the world revolves around the US. In most sports in most country, bad sportsmanship and unprofessional conducts can and will get you penalized/banned.

Look up Jon Daly for most recent example

this is ridiculous. This isn't about Korean vs West, Naniwa has also been banned from 3 tourneys in the EU.


honestly this. The most popular sport in the states that's also broadcasted internationally is basketball, and that's like nothing compared to the amount of people who watch/care about soccer.
kittensrcute
Profile Joined August 2010
United States617 Posts
December 16 2011 04:06 GMT
#888
Good statement. I don't think GOM will go back on their decision but I think it would be nice to see Naniwa added to one of the 5 person groups in the Up and Downs.
foxmulder_ms
Profile Joined February 2011
United States140 Posts
December 16 2011 04:42 GMT
#889
1st note is a lie. Ego of any progamer does not let him apologize. As most of the extreme competitors in any field. I am 100% sure that Nani didnt want to say this just had to...
kickinhead
Profile Joined December 2008
Switzerland2069 Posts
December 16 2011 04:47 GMT
#890
On December 16 2011 12:33 Chaggi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2011 11:43 kickinhead wrote:
so, Nani apologized, what about an apology from GomTV?


what apology? they don't need to apologize.


There are ppl that have a different opinion... I didn't think Naniwa had to apologize, but I think it's smart and fair that he did. The way GomTV reacted was very harsh, publicly discrediting Naniwa, totally calling him out, posting humiliating statements from coaches about him and lying about the whole Code-S spot from MLG.
https://soundcloud.com/thesamplethief
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
December 16 2011 06:12 GMT
#891
On December 16 2011 13:47 kickinhead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2011 12:33 Chaggi wrote:
On December 16 2011 11:43 kickinhead wrote:
so, Nani apologized, what about an apology from GomTV?


what apology? they don't need to apologize.


There are ppl that have a different opinion... I didn't think Naniwa had to apologize, but I think it's smart and fair that he did. The way GomTV reacted was very harsh, publicly discrediting Naniwa, totally calling him out, posting humiliating statements from coaches about him and lying about the whole Code-S spot from MLG.


I think he should have apologized. But I think GOM's initial reaction (along with the Korean's) were too much. If you dont' have something good to say, just don't say it. I'm sure Naniwa isn't a bad person, and of course didn't mean for any of this to happen, but I agree with the decision from GOM that he should be punished. To discredit him and be like he's this and this and this, is just too much though
Dapper_Cad
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom964 Posts
December 17 2011 16:40 GMT
#892
Interesting.

Really liked the detail in the first edit. Hope that Nani is genuinely happy with the text.

But he is never making short-term prediction, everyone of his prediction are based on fundenmentals, but he doesn't exactly know when it will happen... So using these kind of narrowed "who-is-right" empirical analysis makes little sense.
Keone
Profile Joined April 2011
United States812 Posts
December 17 2011 16:44 GMT
#893
On December 16 2011 10:00 (Albert) wrote:
lol ! This is so pathetic... I don't think it's possible to be more politically correct and hypocritical. I'm not a great fan of Naniwa but he definitely earned my respect by being so childish and unprofessional in this occasion and doing just what he wanted. Guess what: this is just a game ! People are getting too serious about e-sports without noticing that all this is just about big money (have a look at the thread on betting advices).

The difference between your view and Quantic/EG/GOMTV's view:

You think SC2 is a game.
They dream to make ESPORTS into a legitimate sport alongside football, basketball, etc.

That's pretty much the entire difference.
BW Forever. Flash is the Ultimate Bonjwa.
Raithed
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
China7078 Posts
December 17 2011 16:48 GMT
#894
Eh, I don't know how I feel about this, it feels like Q just made Naniwa make the apology, I don't really buy it. Well, hopefully he's learned from his mistake.
NietzscheanKant
Profile Joined April 2011
Finland92 Posts
December 17 2011 17:03 GMT
#895
On December 18 2011 01:48 Raithed wrote:
Eh, I don't know how I feel about this, it feels like Q just made Naniwa make the apology, I don't really buy it. Well, hopefully he's learned from his mistake.

You should watch his interview on LO3 then.
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." - Socrates
Bogeyman
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden307 Posts
December 17 2011 23:36 GMT
#896
On December 16 2011 12:33 Chaggi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2011 11:43 kickinhead wrote:
so, Nani apologized, what about an apology from GomTV?


what apology? they don't need to apologize.

They don't have to apologize for not giving Naniwa a Code S seed after what he did, it would however be reasonable of them to apologize for the harsh words, and to some of us not only reasonable but essential for their relations with the foreign community (though obviously we don't all feel the same, but my guess is a lot of people are very upset with how they've acted) that they apologize for not being clear from the start with how they changed the LXP deal (or come clean that they were lying if that's the case, but there's no way they'd admit that).
Also if there's some way for them to back up their words with some sort of evidence that they changed the LXP before providence (or before the event with Naniwa vs Nestea) then they would greatly profit from that. If they do that then they don't have to deal with people believing that they're lying bastards (regardless of whether they are or not), and for those who are aware of that it seems even more evident that they would be lying bastards if GOM doesn't show some evidence (even if they're staying silent for some other reason).

They could make this whole situation a whole lot easier for themselves, unless of course they've actually lied. Then there's only so much they can do...
darkscream
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada2310 Posts
December 17 2011 23:40 GMT
#897
On December 18 2011 02:03 NietzscheanKant wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 01:48 Raithed wrote:
Eh, I don't know how I feel about this, it feels like Q just made Naniwa make the apology, I don't really buy it. Well, hopefully he's learned from his mistake.

You should watch his interview on LO3 then.


this

i figured naniwa's apology was full of shit but his lo3 interview made me think otherwise, he seems to legitimately understand now that his starcraft 2 games aren't just for him, they are for his fans and Nestea's fans as well
FeUerFlieGe
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1193 Posts
December 17 2011 23:45 GMT
#898
On December 16 2011 10:00 (Albert) wrote:
lol ! This is so pathetic... I don't think it's possible to be more politically correct and hypocritical. I'm not a great fan of Naniwa but he definitely earned my respect by being so childish and unprofessional in this occasion and doing just what he wanted. Guess what: this is just a game ! People are getting too serious about e-sports without noticing that all this is just about big money (have a look at the thread on betting advices).


It's not a just game when people put money, time, and effort into this. The action was disrespectful to everybody. I guess other sports are about big money too... and in some cases they are, but thats just the way it is. If nobody took it seriously like you suggest then there wouldn't be any eSports for nerds to enjoy, and I guess no body would make any big money either. Sounds like a lose/lose situation.
To unpathed waters, undreamed shores. - Shakespeare
ReiKo
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Croatia1023 Posts
December 18 2011 11:00 GMT
#899
Can't see it - I need premium and pay to see failed probe rush. That is what it's all about - GOM doesn't want sucky games on purpose because PEOPLE PAY FOR THIS
Msr
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)495 Posts
December 18 2011 11:16 GMT
#900
Knowing nani for years, I would say he did not mean his apology at all.
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 49 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 190
ProTech150
FoxeR 48
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2733
Shuttle 1201
Dewaltoss 80
Noble 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm203
Counter-Strike
taco 386
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox657
Other Games
summit1g7903
WinterStarcraft511
C9.Mang0307
ViBE133
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 22
• StrangeGG 20
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo755
• Stunt267
Other Games
• Shiphtur433
Upcoming Events
OSC
19h 2m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 6h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.