• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:10
CEST 12:10
KST 19:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12095 users

VPGamers Sign 2 Korean GMs - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-14 01:32:20
December 14 2011 01:26 GMT
#21
I am proud to announce that VPGamers have added Seohyeon Park and Young Hun Jang to our roster. Below is a small interview that we held with them.

Interview with Seophyeon (username: cZaseohyeon)

1) Hi Seophyeon, can you tell us a bit about yourself?
Hello my full name is seohyeon park. I was born in 1987.My major in school is public administration and i already went to military. Wish me luck for tournaments later on.

2) What got you in starcraft?
In elementary school, my friends recommended me playing starcraft In sc1, I was a master of well known clan "dreamteam" in which Dream.t)Jangbi was a member When sc2 came out, I started naturally

3) how did you pick your race

In sc1, there were not many terran players. So, i chose to play as terran Since I was terran player in sc1, i chose terran as well in sc2

4) how do you deal with high stress pressures of streaming
I never played streaming games but when i think i'm better than the opponent player, I don't get any kind of pressure

5) Why did you choose VPGamers?
I chose VPgamers since they were eager to invite me to the team

6) how is life in Korea
I'm a college student and playing sc2 for fun

7) What's your strongest part of your game?
My strength is to find the opponent's weakness and directly attack that part

8) What do you want to work on?
I want to be rank 1st in NA server and learn different styles

9) Who's your idol and why?
jihoon seo(XellOs) , because of his perfect play in his prime time

10) Any shoutcast/live events you would want to do?
I want to participate mainly in online tournaments. If the conditions for tournaments such as MLG are satisfying, I’m thrilled to join.

11) What are your previous names on battlenet?
In kr 렉스서현 . NA lastseason cZaCbass

12) What is your current league on each server?
Sea GM 2th(Lofseohyeon) KR Master 1000+ points(last season GM) (렉스서현) NA GM top 16(cZaseohyeon)


Interview with Young Hun Jang (username: VPSnorlax)

1) Hi Snorlax, can you tell us a bit about yourself?
I'm Young Hun Jang and 23 years old. Zerg player.

2) What got you in starcraft?
I was interested in StarCraft 2 before Beta Opening. I thought StarCraft 2 will give me great pleasure.

3) how did you pick your race
I had palyed as a Zerg player in StarCraft 1, so I automatically chose Zerg.

4) how do you deal with high stress pressures of streaming?
I used to watch animations or play other games and I try to come down when I get stressed.

5) Why did you choose VPGamers?
Seo Hyeon recommended me!

6) how is life in Korea?
So so. HaHa

7) What's your strongest part of your game?
I think I don't have any strongest part of my game so I would like to have it. I'll try to have to it!

8) What do you want to work on?
I'll do my best always!

9) Who's your idol and why?
ZenexLine! Whenever I watch his game I think his play is very good. That's the reason why I like him.

10) Any shoutcast/live events you would want to do?
I want to play in Team Tournament. If I can play in there I'll do my best. And especially I hope to play in MLG.

11) What are your previous names on battlenet?
In Korea sever : nexsikari
In North America : zenexmunchla

12) What is your current league on each server?
I'm a master player with 1000 point in Korea sever and GM top 10 player in NA sever now.


Visit us at VPGamers
Join the community!

VPShenanigans
Starcraft 2 Community Manager
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
December 14 2011 01:26 GMT
#22
I'll fix it up some more after this phonecall and I'll p.m you it.
This is so much more bearable to read.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Draekan
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada220 Posts
December 14 2011 01:29 GMT
#23
I was actually working on that right now lol, but thank you, i will add the header and get shenanigans to edit it.
Malpractice.248
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States734 Posts
December 14 2011 01:34 GMT
#24
gogo VP
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-14 01:38:52
December 14 2011 01:35 GMT
#25
To be honest, the whole interview is very lacking and a bit short. Minus the fact that there are no capital letters or question marks (hardly the issue), you're missing both the manager's viewpoint/excitement (something bullshit professional/valid like "We're very excited about them") or even a reason why you picked these guys up or what makes them stand apart from everyone else.

and then you see their answers on why they chose VP over anyone else and they say something along the lines of "because they wanted us". Just feels a bit... dull.

You should consider changing the title. If you put "VPGamers picked up 2 Korean GMs!" It sounds shallow or more of the idea that you're proud of picking up any GM Koreans rather than these specific players. We should wonder why you picked these two players when reading the title, not wonder which GM Korean you picked up.

Maybe I'm expecting too much. Good pick-ups nonetheless!
(clean-up the text, you're presenting two new potentially good players but you don't capitalize or properly format it to be presentable ): )

https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Andreas
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Norway214 Posts
December 14 2011 01:35 GMT
#26
So... What are their nicknames?
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-14 01:36:58
December 14 2011 01:36 GMT
#27
On December 14 2011 10:35 Andreas wrote:
So... What are their nicknames?


Read further down of the interview, they say it.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-14 01:44:40
December 14 2011 01:44 GMT
#28
Ha that's so random to pick up the dream.t) leader. Hyun the zerg that just switched over from brood war was dream.t
Andreas
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Norway214 Posts
December 14 2011 01:53 GMT
#29
On December 14 2011 10:36 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2011 10:35 Andreas wrote:
So... What are their nicknames?


Read further down of the interview, they say it.

Doesn't really answer my question. Are their nicks going to be VPcZaCbass and VPnexsikari or VPzenexmunchla? or VPcbass and VPsikari or VPmunchala?
Draekan
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada220 Posts
December 14 2011 01:54 GMT
#30
They are currently deciding which nick they want to go under.
Brotatolol
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1742 Posts
December 14 2011 01:56 GMT
#31
Congrats to team VP, hoping to hear more about these guys in the future.
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
December 14 2011 01:58 GMT
#32
super poor formatting and... maybe they should have picked their ids before you guys announced this..

Regardless, nice by VP ~~; I've played seohyeon several times in ladder and he's fun.
@KawaiiRiceLighT
ReaperX
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Hong Kong1758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-14 02:04:25
December 14 2011 02:03 GMT
#33
Ooh, I've heard of Seohyeon before. He's in Lof KR Clan and also top of SEA ladder now. Awesome stuff.

It's a bit weird that they promote them as two KR Gms, made me think they were both GM on KR ladder. TT
Artosis : Clide. idrA : Shut up.
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
December 14 2011 02:15 GMT
#34
"Why did you join VP" - "cuz they asked me"

That doesn't really present your team well... they didn't even make up something like "I really wanted to be a part of this awesome organization,"


Seems very strange
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
RuMCaKe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States559 Posts
December 14 2011 02:16 GMT
#35
GL VP.
twitter.com/RuMCaKeS
SirRobin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States269 Posts
December 14 2011 02:26 GMT
#36
congrats on the awesome pick ups! I wish VP the best of luck!
https://twitter.com/SirRobinSC2
Draekan
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada220 Posts
December 14 2011 16:12 GMT
#37
Thanks alot for the kind words and wishes everyone! Keep an eye out for us, as our players will be in a lot of tournaments. Thanks for the support.
Vul
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States685 Posts
December 14 2011 16:28 GMT
#38
Glad to see your team grow and to see Korean Zergs on foreign teams
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings9
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech41
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1158
Bisu 802
Horang2 698
Hyuk 638
Larva 610
Leta 188
Zeus 117
Sexy 112
EffOrt 103
Soma 83
[ Show more ]
PianO 81
Mini 80
Pusan 54
Killer 37
ZerO 37
Bale 30
ToSsGirL 29
Hm[arnc] 28
sorry 22
yabsab 20
JulyZerg 10
Trap 10
Noble 7
Last 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe405
XaKoH 283
League of Legends
JimRising 337
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1412
Other Games
gofns30957
singsing1499
crisheroes241
OGKoka 195
Mew2King111
ArmadaUGS49
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick544
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• LUISG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6945
• lizZardDota2326
League of Legends
• Jankos1259
• Stunt939
Upcoming Events
Online Event
51m
FEL
5h 51m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 51m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 51m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 51m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.