• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:58
CEST 05:58
KST 12:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9485 users

Heart Of The Swarm: The Pro's Opinions - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 32 33 34 Next All
aviator116
Profile Joined November 2011
United States820 Posts
December 03 2011 00:37 GMT
#61
On December 03 2011 07:29 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2011 07:12 VanGarde wrote:
No offense to Cloud but it is getting silly how all of the mid tier foreign players are the ones who whine that the game is too random and the skill cap is too low so there is no point in competing. Unless you are beating mvp or nestea in gsl finals arguments like that are completely irrelevant when it comes to actually competing in the game. Seriously stop using how "flawed the game is" to explain away a lack of results. These kinds of comments always only come from the players who play seriously but who are never seen in the top of tournaments.


To be fair, I've heard similar comments from multiple tourny winners.

and it is not only terran players that whine. contrary to what most people think.
Bogus ST_Life IMMVP
H0i
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands484 Posts
December 03 2011 00:43 GMT
#62
White-Ra: 'I'm waiting for it because I can make more special tactics here But at the same time too many spell units and Protoss needs too much gas!! We need some cheaper units for Protoss too.'


This is an excellent observation, many people forget about this.
MadJack
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Peru357 Posts
December 03 2011 01:10 GMT
#63
tbh cloud is right, blizzard has released so many patch for this game already, youve got to realise how badly design the game is. It feel like this is not a blizzard game, but just a pure dustin browder one. I still remember him going "Well if SC2 has some problems BW doesnt have, dont play SC2 and go play BW". As cloud said, I dont think they will be able to stabilize the game even just to what it is now. Sad but true.
이제동 화이팅! / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26jjD3ro-Xk /
Jedclark
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom903 Posts
December 03 2011 01:17 GMT
#64
Cloud... I hope he doesn't quit, since I really enjoy watching his play.
"They make it so scrubnubs can PM me. They make it so I can't ignore scrubnubs!" - "I'm gonna show you how great I am." MKP fan since GSL Open Season 2 #hipsternerd
awu25
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2003 Posts
December 03 2011 01:18 GMT
#65
Cloud: 'I think the expansion will be a mess and blizzard won't be able to balance and control what they are about to do. I have very little expectations and I gave up on sc2 since it seems so many bad players can have decent results by just abusing the gamble aspect of this game.'

Says this, yet doesn't win any tournaments
aTnClouD
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Italy2428 Posts
December 03 2011 01:22 GMT
#66
On December 03 2011 10:17 Jedclark wrote:
Cloud... I hope he doesn't quit, since I really enjoy watching his play.

I am playing a lot and I won't quit. I think even more people will play with the expansion, no matter how good or bad blizzard makes it. There's way too much money in the scene and I believe many more people will become full time progamers with hots.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/hunter692007/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
December 03 2011 01:26 GMT
#67
On December 03 2011 09:43 H0i wrote:
Show nested quote +
White-Ra: 'I'm waiting for it because I can make more special tactics here But at the same time too many spell units and Protoss needs too much gas!! We need some cheaper units for Protoss too.'


This is an excellent observation, many people forget about this.


Yep. I wish Blizzard realised that instead of adding more expensive units. :/
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
December 03 2011 01:26 GMT
#68
On December 03 2011 10:18 awu25 wrote:
Cloud: 'I think the expansion will be a mess and blizzard won't be able to balance and control what they are about to do. I have very little expectations and I gave up on sc2 since it seems so many bad players can have decent results by just abusing the gamble aspect of this game.'

Says this, yet doesn't win any tournaments


I wasn't aware that was a requirement to have an opinion
starleague forever
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-03 01:34:15
December 03 2011 01:34 GMT
#69
double post, sorry.
happyness
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2400 Posts
December 03 2011 01:35 GMT
#70
On December 03 2011 06:57 Purind wrote:
Show nested quote +

Whether that is good for the game or bad makes me nervous as a guy who plays this game every day all day and on the biggest stages. I hope the transition is as smooth as possible but like I said, it just makes me nervous. The stuff proposed however seems pretty cool.. especially if you are a Protoss player. But we will see!'


Interesting that he likes the protoss units. With T and Z units, I'm thinking "If they tweak things, it could be neat" but there's absolutely nothing about Protoss I'm looking forward to


Well he said protoss changes. The most exciting thing for protoss imo are the new Nexus abilities. Plus the oracle is pretty awesome.

I'm with orly in being a little unsure about the terran changes. They definitely have the most boring additions.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
December 03 2011 01:43 GMT
#71
Blizzard seems to not want to change any of the fundamentals of the game which I think is bad. Just adding gimmicky units won't magically fix things . Hopefully they get a bit more bold in their changes
Elefanto
Profile Joined May 2010
Switzerland3584 Posts
December 03 2011 01:45 GMT
#72
On December 03 2011 10:35 happyness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2011 06:57 Purind wrote:

Whether that is good for the game or bad makes me nervous as a guy who plays this game every day all day and on the biggest stages. I hope the transition is as smooth as possible but like I said, it just makes me nervous. The stuff proposed however seems pretty cool.. especially if you are a Protoss player. But we will see!'


Interesting that he likes the protoss units. With T and Z units, I'm thinking "If they tweak things, it could be neat" but there's absolutely nothing about Protoss I'm looking forward to


Well he said protoss changes. The most exciting thing for protoss imo are the new Nexus abilities. Plus the oracle is pretty awesome.

I'm with orly in being a little unsure about the terran changes. They definitely have the most boring additions.


No, Terran actually has the best.
They are solid, non gimmicky, reliable unit designs apart from the shredder thingy. You can balance them easy,
they have a set role what to do, when to build, and against what.

Protoss and Zerg have way over the top, "cool looking" (DB design philosophy) gimmicky shit.
How do you want to balance the replicator? Nexus recall in conjunction with Warpgate?
The Viper with its hook and d-web, burrow moving banelings and charging ultralisks?
wat
hasuterrans
Profile Joined April 2009
United States614 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-03 02:00:34
December 03 2011 01:53 GMT
#73
On December 03 2011 10:22 aTnClouD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2011 10:17 Jedclark wrote:
Cloud... I hope he doesn't quit, since I really enjoy watching his play.

I am playing a lot and I won't quit. I think even more people will play with the expansion, no matter how good or bad blizzard makes it. There's way too much money in the scene and I believe many more people will become full time progamers with hots.


Cloud many people agree with you but this thread will bring mostly haters. I'm sure a lot of sc2 players who didn't play bw will probably get defensive and just shit on you to defend their game. This is kind of sad but it's the #1 reason whenever bw is mentioned in balance/game design/strategy threads it turns into a flame festival and you get called a "bw elitist."

Ignoring all of that you're completely right about the power of AoE abilities in sc2. Blizzard could mitigate this by making these units require more micro but they seem intent on doing exactly the opposite. "Oh, infestors running ahead of zerg armies and getting killed by the zerg player has poor control? We'll just reduce their speed." Recall that one of the main reasons zergs had so much trouble in the first place before the massive fungal change (to primarily an AoE attack) was that protoss armies were just out-dpsing zerg armies in the mid-game and there wasn't shit a zerg player could do. If a protoss just camped all game on 3 bases they would crush a zerg regardless of how ahead the zerg player was economically.

Really what we're seeing is Blizzard play whack-a-mole with fundamental issues in the game design.
UndoneJin
Profile Joined February 2011
United States438 Posts
December 03 2011 01:53 GMT
#74
Man how can you be so down on something that isn't even out yet...I think it will be challenging to balance HotS, but that said Blizzard won't release it if it's terrible. It's ridiculous to go on what was at Blizzcon because you know the final product is going to have a LOT of changes.
I've been lost since the day I was born ----- You're gonna carry that weight
Sergio1992
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Italy522 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-03 02:07:51
December 03 2011 01:57 GMT
#75
all these people criticizing cloud make me smile, not because they just probably suck at this game, but because they got no respect for others opinions, and keep blaming the bad results of that player.
Sorta like when LiquidJinro said that protoss are stronger than terran in early and late game, and people were saying him to play better, and that if he didn't have a positive mind, that state of mind would have fucked him up. Cool that there are people who criticize how liquidjinro play. If I was him I would have said them "oh, if you can do better come to mlg"..
I think that if you wish to criticize someone personally, like most of you did, you should be better than him, unless you are a fool, and a lot of people seems to be fools.

Anyway, I'm looking forward for hots. I don't have a opinion right now. This game is a beta, how could have I one?
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
December 03 2011 02:06 GMT
#76
I really agree with Bischus take on it, especially the oracle
"you wanna harass? build oracle, its built only for that"
fucking stupid, hope they remove units like that.
beep boop
happyness
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2400 Posts
December 03 2011 02:08 GMT
#77
On December 03 2011 10:45 Elefanto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2011 10:35 happyness wrote:
On December 03 2011 06:57 Purind wrote:

Whether that is good for the game or bad makes me nervous as a guy who plays this game every day all day and on the biggest stages. I hope the transition is as smooth as possible but like I said, it just makes me nervous. The stuff proposed however seems pretty cool.. especially if you are a Protoss player. But we will see!'


Interesting that he likes the protoss units. With T and Z units, I'm thinking "If they tweak things, it could be neat" but there's absolutely nothing about Protoss I'm looking forward to


Well he said protoss changes. The most exciting thing for protoss imo are the new Nexus abilities. Plus the oracle is pretty awesome.

I'm with orly in being a little unsure about the terran changes. They definitely have the most boring additions.


No, Terran actually has the best.
They are solid, non gimmicky, reliable unit designs apart from the shredder thingy. You can balance them easy,
they have a set role what to do, when to build, and against what.

Protoss and Zerg have way over the top, "cool looking" (DB design philosophy) gimmicky shit.
How do you want to balance the replicator? Nexus recall in conjunction with Warpgate?
The Viper with its hook and d-web, burrow moving banelings and charging ultralisks?


I agree that the replicator is really dumb. And I am doubtful about the burrow movement for banes and charging ultralisks. Recall might be broken, but I still really like the idea.

Was the defiler gimmicky? Or the lurker? The viper and swarmhost are no more gimmicky than those two units, and I think they add roles and diversity that zerg needs badly (and I think that they are both by far the best additions in HotS). The hook for the Viper looks ridiculous, but I think it might be good for picking apart the deathball we see too often.
decemberscalm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1353 Posts
December 03 2011 02:24 GMT
#78
Face it. BW style is dead. They will not change the fundamental game play. BW style unit movement and army positioning is gone. Highly doubt they'll fix the instant army melt-age either. I stopped watch SC2 games after they lost their fresh appeal. SC2 for me will just be another fun game to play.
renaissanceMAN
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1840 Posts
December 03 2011 02:25 GMT
#79
On December 03 2011 07:24 Genie1 wrote:
Hmm a divide in the community could happen if the game isn't balanced enough and I would have to agree with some of the pros about there concerns as it will change the metagame entirely and will have to learn new strategies that work since the old ones won't always work.


I'm worried about this

coming from the call of duty community, that's exactly what happened to the COD series

now I'm not comparing blizzard to activision/infinity ward/treyarch but blizzard really needs to careful about how they go about HoTS, I think it might have been a mistake for them to preview all these new units without really knowing how they will affect the game yet, obviously they wanted to show us something, but it's produced a ton of doubt in the community

hopefully they're at least trying to make it as balanced and non-gimmicky as possible
On August 15 2013 03:43 Waxangel wrote: no amount of money can replace the enjoyment of being mean to people on the internet
Elefanto
Profile Joined May 2010
Switzerland3584 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-03 02:27:15
December 03 2011 02:25 GMT
#80
On December 03 2011 11:08 happyness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2011 10:45 Elefanto wrote:
On December 03 2011 10:35 happyness wrote:
On December 03 2011 06:57 Purind wrote:

Whether that is good for the game or bad makes me nervous as a guy who plays this game every day all day and on the biggest stages. I hope the transition is as smooth as possible but like I said, it just makes me nervous. The stuff proposed however seems pretty cool.. especially if you are a Protoss player. But we will see!'


Interesting that he likes the protoss units. With T and Z units, I'm thinking "If they tweak things, it could be neat" but there's absolutely nothing about Protoss I'm looking forward to


Well he said protoss changes. The most exciting thing for protoss imo are the new Nexus abilities. Plus the oracle is pretty awesome.

I'm with orly in being a little unsure about the terran changes. They definitely have the most boring additions.


No, Terran actually has the best.
They are solid, non gimmicky, reliable unit designs apart from the shredder thingy. You can balance them easy,
they have a set role what to do, when to build, and against what.

Protoss and Zerg have way over the top, "cool looking" (DB design philosophy) gimmicky shit.
How do you want to balance the replicator? Nexus recall in conjunction with Warpgate?
The Viper with its hook and d-web, burrow moving banelings and charging ultralisks?


Was the defiler gimmicky? Or the lurker? The viper and swarmhost are no more gimmicky than those two units, and I think they add roles and diversity that zerg needs badly (and I think that they are both by far the best additions in HotS). The hook for the Viper looks ridiculous, but I think it might be good for picking apart the deathball we see too often.


I said nothing about the Swarmhost.
The Viper is bad because of the synergies with the other units. The hook is completely retarded to say the least.
AOE currently in the game is easy to use and extremely strong. The Viper flies, and it adds so much power and combinations that can't be balanced (infestor+viper+broodlord/ultraling) for instance. BL / Infestor is already by far the most cost efficient composition there is, because of the chemistry of their abilities.

Zerg was originally designed to be ineffective and "swarm" their enemies with sheer unit masses, that's the only way to balance Zerg around injects. Now they are going to make Zerg really really cost efficient with their casters, in addition to their unrivaled macro mechanics.
How on earth do you want to balance that? It will add the same fucking dilemma Protoss has currently. Protoss has to be balanced around Warpgate, so their units suck, and their units have to be weak early, and aoe / casters have to make up for it in the later game by being extremely efficient. Zerg units suck because of Injects, so their economy has to make up for it. It can't work without breaking the game. You would have to make Zerg basic units completely worthless so they won't get to strong with those abilities, but that would make them even more fragile early on. I can't see it working.
wat
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 32 33 34 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King110
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo797
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 2m
INu's Battles
8h 2m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 2m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
Replay Cast
19h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.