• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:38
CEST 20:38
KST 03:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8438 users

LG Chinese SC2 Tour on OGN - Page 25

Forum Index > SC2 General
492 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 All
Valikyr
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 15:40:26
September 05 2011 15:38 GMT
#481
On September 05 2011 21:30 Azarkon wrote:
The surprise in this tournament isn't Loner winning Moon on close positions (seems to have been pre-determined based on those maps and positions), but Moon winning MC and Nada. How does Moon perform so well in international events?

Because MooN is one of the very best RTS players of all time. As the poster above said; if this guy just devoted all his time to SC2. Basically the only title MooN did not win in WC3 was WCG so I understand that he still wants to compete for that when he still has the chance to.
Squeegy
Profile Joined October 2009
Finland1166 Posts
September 06 2011 07:00 GMT
#482
On September 06 2011 00:38 Valikyr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 21:30 Azarkon wrote:
The surprise in this tournament isn't Loner winning Moon on close positions (seems to have been pre-determined based on those maps and positions), but Moon winning MC and Nada. How does Moon perform so well in international events?

Because MooN is one of the very best RTS players of all time. As the poster above said; if this guy just devoted all his time to SC2. Basically the only title MooN did not win in WC3 was WCG so I understand that he still wants to compete for that when he still has the chance to.


Well, actually, he already did, and he wasn't very impressive. He is good but he will never destroy the scene.
Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly. Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
September 06 2011 07:03 GMT
#483
On September 06 2011 16:00 Squeegy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2011 00:38 Valikyr wrote:
On September 05 2011 21:30 Azarkon wrote:
The surprise in this tournament isn't Loner winning Moon on close positions (seems to have been pre-determined based on those maps and positions), but Moon winning MC and Nada. How does Moon perform so well in international events?

Because MooN is one of the very best RTS players of all time. As the poster above said; if this guy just devoted all his time to SC2. Basically the only title MooN did not win in WC3 was WCG so I understand that he still wants to compete for that when he still has the chance to.


Well, actually, he already did, and he wasn't very impressive. He is good but he will never destroy the scene.

It's somewhat hilarious that when I see your name in threads such as these, I can immediately predict the content of your comments.
Squeegy
Profile Joined October 2009
Finland1166 Posts
September 06 2011 07:06 GMT
#484
On September 06 2011 16:03 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2011 16:00 Squeegy wrote:
On September 06 2011 00:38 Valikyr wrote:
On September 05 2011 21:30 Azarkon wrote:
The surprise in this tournament isn't Loner winning Moon on close positions (seems to have been pre-determined based on those maps and positions), but Moon winning MC and Nada. How does Moon perform so well in international events?

Because MooN is one of the very best RTS players of all time. As the poster above said; if this guy just devoted all his time to SC2. Basically the only title MooN did not win in WC3 was WCG so I understand that he still wants to compete for that when he still has the chance to.


Well, actually, he already did, and he wasn't very impressive. He is good but he will never destroy the scene.

It's somewhat hilarious that when I see your name in threads such as these, I can immediately predict the content of your comments.


I just don't like the fact that people keep repeating the same falsehoods all the time.
Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly. Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-06 07:41:08
September 06 2011 07:38 GMT
#485
On September 06 2011 16:06 Squeegy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2011 16:03 babylon wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:00 Squeegy wrote:
On September 06 2011 00:38 Valikyr wrote:
On September 05 2011 21:30 Azarkon wrote:
The surprise in this tournament isn't Loner winning Moon on close positions (seems to have been pre-determined based on those maps and positions), but Moon winning MC and Nada. How does Moon perform so well in international events?

Because MooN is one of the very best RTS players of all time. As the poster above said; if this guy just devoted all his time to SC2. Basically the only title MooN did not win in WC3 was WCG so I understand that he still wants to compete for that when he still has the chance to.


Well, actually, he already did, and he wasn't very impressive. He is good but he will never destroy the scene.

It's somewhat hilarious that when I see your name in threads such as these, I can immediately predict the content of your comments.


I just don't like the fact that people keep repeating the same falsehoods all the time.

Moon was contracted specifically to play WC3 for WMF, not SC2, which he basically played in his free-time. If you want to claim that he ever played SC2 full-time based on one interview during which he said that he would play the game with more tournaments, be my guest, but until you have more hard evidence as to what his practice schedule actually was, then I don't think you can claim definitively that he ever practiced SC2 full-time, especially when WMF has stated that if they wanted to contract him as a SC2 player, they would do so instead of contracting him as a WC3 player. (The same holds true for Lyn. One interview done on the fly does not evidence make. I can, for instance, point to an interview in which Lyn said that he would not play SC2 professionally because he wanted to stick to WC3 until the bitter end, but we all know where he is now.)

Now, I understand that this is a forum in which you can share your opinion at will, but since several of your most recent posts have basically contained little more than thinly-veiled derision aimed towards WC3 progamers and implications that they're "average" RTS players at best, might I point out that it might possibly be more conducive for you to redirect your energy in a more positive direction? I believe it would be better, for instance, to cheer for your favorite players instead of shitting on WC3 progamers. It would certainly make everyone happier.

And really, you can't deny that destroying MC 2-0 in two one-sided games and defeating NaDa 2-1 at a LAN is pretty impressive for a Moon that most definitely has WCG to practice for, right? But again, maybe you see things differently. Go ahead and continue to think of him as average at best, since I can't control your opinion, but I would like to ask you to stop spreading disinformation, at least until you can obtain Moon's exact practice schedule for the last several months, okay?
Squeegy
Profile Joined October 2009
Finland1166 Posts
September 06 2011 07:56 GMT
#486
On September 06 2011 16:38 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2011 16:06 Squeegy wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:03 babylon wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:00 Squeegy wrote:
On September 06 2011 00:38 Valikyr wrote:
On September 05 2011 21:30 Azarkon wrote:
The surprise in this tournament isn't Loner winning Moon on close positions (seems to have been pre-determined based on those maps and positions), but Moon winning MC and Nada. How does Moon perform so well in international events?

Because MooN is one of the very best RTS players of all time. As the poster above said; if this guy just devoted all his time to SC2. Basically the only title MooN did not win in WC3 was WCG so I understand that he still wants to compete for that when he still has the chance to.


Well, actually, he already did, and he wasn't very impressive. He is good but he will never destroy the scene.

It's somewhat hilarious that when I see your name in threads such as these, I can immediately predict the content of your comments.


I just don't like the fact that people keep repeating the same falsehoods all the time.

Moon was contracted specifically to play WC3 for WMF, not SC2, which he basically played in his free-time. If you want to claim that he ever played SC2 full-time based on one interview during which he said that he would play the game with more tournaments, be my guest, but until you have more hard evidence as to what his practice schedule actually was, then I don't think you can claim definitively that he ever practiced SC2 full-time, especially when WMF has stated that if they wanted to contract him as a SC2 player, they would do so instead of contracting him as a WC3 player. (The same holds true for Lyn. One interview done on the fly does not evidence make. I can, for instance, point to an interview in which Lyn said that he would not play SC2 professionally because he wanted to stick to WC3 until the bitter end, but we all know where he is now.)

Now, I understand that this is a forum in which you can share your opinion at will, but since several of your most recent posts have basically contained little more than thinly-veiled derision aimed towards WC3 progamers and implications that they're "average" RTS players at best, might I point out that it might possibly be more conducive for you to redirect your energy in a more positive direction? I believe it would be better, for instance, to cheer for your favorite players instead of shitting on WC3 progamers. It would certainly make everyone happier.

And really, you can't deny that destroying MC 2-0 in two one-sided games and defeating NaDa 2-1 at a LAN is pretty impressive for a Moon that most definitely has WCG to practice for, right? But again, maybe you see things differently. Go ahead and continue to think of him as average at best, since I can't control your opinion, but I would like to ask you to stop spreading disinformation, at least until you can obtain Moon's exact practice schedule for the last several months, okay?


What evidence do you have that he played WC3 during his freetime? And of course he was recruited as a WC3 player. That's where his market value is at. That is why he is so popular in China. However, it just happens that at the time there were no WC3 tournaments he played in and he himself stated that he'd play the game that had tournaments. Well, we both know that he was in GSL. If you don't think it's evidence that he himself tells what he plays, then I don't know what to tell you.

No thanks, I prefer being negative.

Sure, it's impressive. But I wouldn't read too much into it. I've seen players lose to much worse players before in SC2 and this is no exception. When he actually starts delivering proper results I'll take it back. But I don't think he'll ever become big enough to win a GSL for example.
Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly. Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
September 06 2011 08:40 GMT
#487
On September 06 2011 16:56 Squeegy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2011 16:38 babylon wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:06 Squeegy wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:03 babylon wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:00 Squeegy wrote:
On September 06 2011 00:38 Valikyr wrote:
On September 05 2011 21:30 Azarkon wrote:
The surprise in this tournament isn't Loner winning Moon on close positions (seems to have been pre-determined based on those maps and positions), but Moon winning MC and Nada. How does Moon perform so well in international events?

Because MooN is one of the very best RTS players of all time. As the poster above said; if this guy just devoted all his time to SC2. Basically the only title MooN did not win in WC3 was WCG so I understand that he still wants to compete for that when he still has the chance to.


Well, actually, he already did, and he wasn't very impressive. He is good but he will never destroy the scene.

It's somewhat hilarious that when I see your name in threads such as these, I can immediately predict the content of your comments.


I just don't like the fact that people keep repeating the same falsehoods all the time.

Moon was contracted specifically to play WC3 for WMF, not SC2, which he basically played in his free-time. If you want to claim that he ever played SC2 full-time based on one interview during which he said that he would play the game with more tournaments, be my guest, but until you have more hard evidence as to what his practice schedule actually was, then I don't think you can claim definitively that he ever practiced SC2 full-time, especially when WMF has stated that if they wanted to contract him as a SC2 player, they would do so instead of contracting him as a WC3 player. (The same holds true for Lyn. One interview done on the fly does not evidence make. I can, for instance, point to an interview in which Lyn said that he would not play SC2 professionally because he wanted to stick to WC3 until the bitter end, but we all know where he is now.)

Now, I understand that this is a forum in which you can share your opinion at will, but since several of your most recent posts have basically contained little more than thinly-veiled derision aimed towards WC3 progamers and implications that they're "average" RTS players at best, might I point out that it might possibly be more conducive for you to redirect your energy in a more positive direction? I believe it would be better, for instance, to cheer for your favorite players instead of shitting on WC3 progamers. It would certainly make everyone happier.

And really, you can't deny that destroying MC 2-0 in two one-sided games and defeating NaDa 2-1 at a LAN is pretty impressive for a Moon that most definitely has WCG to practice for, right? But again, maybe you see things differently. Go ahead and continue to think of him as average at best, since I can't control your opinion, but I would like to ask you to stop spreading disinformation, at least until you can obtain Moon's exact practice schedule for the last several months, okay?


What evidence do you have that he played WC3 during his freetime? And of course he was recruited as a WC3 player. That's where his market value is at. That is why he is so popular in China. However, it just happens that at the time there were no WC3 tournaments he played in and he himself stated that he'd play the game that had tournaments. Well, we both know that he was in GSL. If you don't think it's evidence that he himself tells what he plays, then I don't know what to tell you.

No thanks, I prefer being negative.

Sure, it's impressive. But I wouldn't read too much into it. I've seen players lose to much worse players before in SC2 and this is no exception. When he actually starts delivering proper results I'll take it back. But I don't think he'll ever become big enough to win a GSL for example.

Hey, at least I asked politely. Skepticism is healthy, and I can admire you for that, but can I at least ask you to stop being such a downer? Party crashing never struck me as fun. What you're doing is akin to me jumping into a thread where people are celebrating NaDa's victory over Puma at MLG and saying that NaDa's victory was a complete fluke and that he's a far inferior player to Puma because his only decent match-up is TvT whereas Puma's good all-around. Do you see why this might be a little upsetting?

The manager of WMF has stated before that he was recruited specifically as a WC3 gamer. He is contracted as a WC3 gamer. If he is contracted as a WC3 gamer, then it is highly doubtful he would be allowed to play SC2 full-time. You say that he said he would play the game with more tournaments in one interview. And yet, in another interview, he's said that he mostly practices WC3 because there are things he still wants to achieve in that game and that he practices SC2 when there are tournaments. If you've followed Moon during his WC3 career, you would know that he's always been remarkably cryptic and noncommittal with his interviews. That's how he's been for years and years and years, and that's how he is now.

Nobody is saying he will win a GSL. Nobody is saying he will dominate as much as he did in WC3, especially given the state of the scene so far and the fact that he's both older and married now. Nobody is saying he's as good as MC or NaDa, and anyone who does believe that is delusional. His mechanics aren't solid enough, and his overall game sense isn't what it could be. However, these results do suggest that he has not hit the limit of his skill in SC2. Basically, it's a sign of things to come, and people simply think that things are looking pretty up for him, given that he's a hybrid progamer whose gotten decent results even with his attention divided between two games. The assumption is that when he actually focuses completely on SC2 (as in, when he's still not hungering over that WCG title) and devotes more time to it, he'll become even better than he is now. This is not an unreasonable assumption, as far as I can tell, but feel free to correct me if wrong.
tyCe
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2542 Posts
September 06 2011 08:55 GMT
#488
On September 06 2011 17:40 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2011 16:56 Squeegy wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:38 babylon wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:06 Squeegy wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:03 babylon wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:00 Squeegy wrote:
On September 06 2011 00:38 Valikyr wrote:
On September 05 2011 21:30 Azarkon wrote:
The surprise in this tournament isn't Loner winning Moon on close positions (seems to have been pre-determined based on those maps and positions), but Moon winning MC and Nada. How does Moon perform so well in international events?

Because MooN is one of the very best RTS players of all time. As the poster above said; if this guy just devoted all his time to SC2. Basically the only title MooN did not win in WC3 was WCG so I understand that he still wants to compete for that when he still has the chance to.


Well, actually, he already did, and he wasn't very impressive. He is good but he will never destroy the scene.

It's somewhat hilarious that when I see your name in threads such as these, I can immediately predict the content of your comments.


I just don't like the fact that people keep repeating the same falsehoods all the time.

Moon was contracted specifically to play WC3 for WMF, not SC2, which he basically played in his free-time. If you want to claim that he ever played SC2 full-time based on one interview during which he said that he would play the game with more tournaments, be my guest, but until you have more hard evidence as to what his practice schedule actually was, then I don't think you can claim definitively that he ever practiced SC2 full-time, especially when WMF has stated that if they wanted to contract him as a SC2 player, they would do so instead of contracting him as a WC3 player. (The same holds true for Lyn. One interview done on the fly does not evidence make. I can, for instance, point to an interview in which Lyn said that he would not play SC2 professionally because he wanted to stick to WC3 until the bitter end, but we all know where he is now.)

Now, I understand that this is a forum in which you can share your opinion at will, but since several of your most recent posts have basically contained little more than thinly-veiled derision aimed towards WC3 progamers and implications that they're "average" RTS players at best, might I point out that it might possibly be more conducive for you to redirect your energy in a more positive direction? I believe it would be better, for instance, to cheer for your favorite players instead of shitting on WC3 progamers. It would certainly make everyone happier.

And really, you can't deny that destroying MC 2-0 in two one-sided games and defeating NaDa 2-1 at a LAN is pretty impressive for a Moon that most definitely has WCG to practice for, right? But again, maybe you see things differently. Go ahead and continue to think of him as average at best, since I can't control your opinion, but I would like to ask you to stop spreading disinformation, at least until you can obtain Moon's exact practice schedule for the last several months, okay?


What evidence do you have that he played WC3 during his freetime? And of course he was recruited as a WC3 player. That's where his market value is at. That is why he is so popular in China. However, it just happens that at the time there were no WC3 tournaments he played in and he himself stated that he'd play the game that had tournaments. Well, we both know that he was in GSL. If you don't think it's evidence that he himself tells what he plays, then I don't know what to tell you.

No thanks, I prefer being negative.

Sure, it's impressive. But I wouldn't read too much into it. I've seen players lose to much worse players before in SC2 and this is no exception. When he actually starts delivering proper results I'll take it back. But I don't think he'll ever become big enough to win a GSL for example.

Hey, at least I asked politely. Skepticism is healthy, and I can admire you for that, but can I at least ask you to stop being such a downer? Party crashing never struck me as fun. What you're doing is akin to me jumping into a thread where people are celebrating NaDa's victory over Puma at MLG and saying that NaDa's victory was a complete fluke and that he's a far inferior player to Puma because his only decent match-up is TvT whereas Puma's good all-around. Do you see why this might be a little upsetting?

The manager of WMF has stated before that he was recruited specifically as a WC3 gamer. He is contracted as a WC3 gamer. If he is contracted as a WC3 gamer, then it is highly doubtful he would be allowed to play SC2 full-time. You say that he said he would play the game with more tournaments in one interview. And yet, in another interview, he's said that he mostly practices WC3 because there are things he still wants to achieve in that game and that he practices SC2 when there are tournaments. If you've followed Moon during his WC3 career, you would know that he's always been remarkably cryptic and noncommittal with his interviews. That's how he's been for years and years and years, and that's how he is now.

Nobody is saying he will win a GSL. Nobody is saying he will dominate as much as he did in WC3, especially given the state of the scene so far and the fact that he's both older and married now. Nobody is saying he's as good as MC or NaDa, and anyone who does believe that is delusional. His mechanics aren't solid enough, and his overall game sense isn't what it could be. However, these results do suggest that he has not hit the limit of his skill in SC2. Basically, it's a sign of things to come, and people simply think that things are looking pretty up for him, given that he's a hybrid progamer whose gotten decent results even with his attention divided between two games. The assumption is that when he actually focuses completely on SC2 (as in, when he's still not hungering over that WCG title) and devotes more time to it, he'll become even better than he is now. This is not an unreasonable assumption, as far as I can tell, but feel free to correct me if wrong.

I agree with what you've said but in that case, people shouldn't blame Moon's loss to Loner as due to the maps. Just following the same logic here.
Betrayed by EG.BuK
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
September 06 2011 09:13 GMT
#489
On September 06 2011 17:55 tyCe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2011 17:40 babylon wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:56 Squeegy wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:38 babylon wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:06 Squeegy wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:03 babylon wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:00 Squeegy wrote:
On September 06 2011 00:38 Valikyr wrote:
On September 05 2011 21:30 Azarkon wrote:
The surprise in this tournament isn't Loner winning Moon on close positions (seems to have been pre-determined based on those maps and positions), but Moon winning MC and Nada. How does Moon perform so well in international events?

Because MooN is one of the very best RTS players of all time. As the poster above said; if this guy just devoted all his time to SC2. Basically the only title MooN did not win in WC3 was WCG so I understand that he still wants to compete for that when he still has the chance to.


Well, actually, he already did, and he wasn't very impressive. He is good but he will never destroy the scene.

It's somewhat hilarious that when I see your name in threads such as these, I can immediately predict the content of your comments.


I just don't like the fact that people keep repeating the same falsehoods all the time.

Moon was contracted specifically to play WC3 for WMF, not SC2, which he basically played in his free-time. If you want to claim that he ever played SC2 full-time based on one interview during which he said that he would play the game with more tournaments, be my guest, but until you have more hard evidence as to what his practice schedule actually was, then I don't think you can claim definitively that he ever practiced SC2 full-time, especially when WMF has stated that if they wanted to contract him as a SC2 player, they would do so instead of contracting him as a WC3 player. (The same holds true for Lyn. One interview done on the fly does not evidence make. I can, for instance, point to an interview in which Lyn said that he would not play SC2 professionally because he wanted to stick to WC3 until the bitter end, but we all know where he is now.)

Now, I understand that this is a forum in which you can share your opinion at will, but since several of your most recent posts have basically contained little more than thinly-veiled derision aimed towards WC3 progamers and implications that they're "average" RTS players at best, might I point out that it might possibly be more conducive for you to redirect your energy in a more positive direction? I believe it would be better, for instance, to cheer for your favorite players instead of shitting on WC3 progamers. It would certainly make everyone happier.

And really, you can't deny that destroying MC 2-0 in two one-sided games and defeating NaDa 2-1 at a LAN is pretty impressive for a Moon that most definitely has WCG to practice for, right? But again, maybe you see things differently. Go ahead and continue to think of him as average at best, since I can't control your opinion, but I would like to ask you to stop spreading disinformation, at least until you can obtain Moon's exact practice schedule for the last several months, okay?


What evidence do you have that he played WC3 during his freetime? And of course he was recruited as a WC3 player. That's where his market value is at. That is why he is so popular in China. However, it just happens that at the time there were no WC3 tournaments he played in and he himself stated that he'd play the game that had tournaments. Well, we both know that he was in GSL. If you don't think it's evidence that he himself tells what he plays, then I don't know what to tell you.

No thanks, I prefer being negative.

Sure, it's impressive. But I wouldn't read too much into it. I've seen players lose to much worse players before in SC2 and this is no exception. When he actually starts delivering proper results I'll take it back. But I don't think he'll ever become big enough to win a GSL for example.

Hey, at least I asked politely. Skepticism is healthy, and I can admire you for that, but can I at least ask you to stop being such a downer? Party crashing never struck me as fun. What you're doing is akin to me jumping into a thread where people are celebrating NaDa's victory over Puma at MLG and saying that NaDa's victory was a complete fluke and that he's a far inferior player to Puma because his only decent match-up is TvT whereas Puma's good all-around. Do you see why this might be a little upsetting?

The manager of WMF has stated before that he was recruited specifically as a WC3 gamer. He is contracted as a WC3 gamer. If he is contracted as a WC3 gamer, then it is highly doubtful he would be allowed to play SC2 full-time. You say that he said he would play the game with more tournaments in one interview. And yet, in another interview, he's said that he mostly practices WC3 because there are things he still wants to achieve in that game and that he practices SC2 when there are tournaments. If you've followed Moon during his WC3 career, you would know that he's always been remarkably cryptic and noncommittal with his interviews. That's how he's been for years and years and years, and that's how he is now.

Nobody is saying he will win a GSL. Nobody is saying he will dominate as much as he did in WC3, especially given the state of the scene so far and the fact that he's both older and married now. Nobody is saying he's as good as MC or NaDa, and anyone who does believe that is delusional. His mechanics aren't solid enough, and his overall game sense isn't what it could be. However, these results do suggest that he has not hit the limit of his skill in SC2. Basically, it's a sign of things to come, and people simply think that things are looking pretty up for him, given that he's a hybrid progamer whose gotten decent results even with his attention divided between two games. The assumption is that when he actually focuses completely on SC2 (as in, when he's still not hungering over that WCG title) and devotes more time to it, he'll become even better than he is now. This is not an unreasonable assumption, as far as I can tell, but feel free to correct me if wrong.

I agree with what you've said but in that case, people shouldn't blame Moon's loss to Loner as due to the maps. Just following the same logic here.

You make a good point, but I guess the difference between party-crashing Moon and party-crashing Loner is that nobody in this thread seems to have been celebrating Loner's victory so there's not really a party to crash ...

And to be fair, I did congratulate Loner on coming out ~$9k USD richer. I won't speak to what happened against Loner in Game 1 -- all I know is that it took place on Shattered Temple -- but Game 2 was pretty much an auto-loss for Moon. I don't feel bitter towards Loner for it -- he did what he had to do to grab a win -- and he shouldn't be blamed for the maps. It's a shame that his victory really is "tarnished" by the fact that the second map's spawn locations weren't any good, though. I'll joke about it with my friends and all, but Loner deserves the win for having actually won, and that's that.
Squeegy
Profile Joined October 2009
Finland1166 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-07 08:49:07
September 07 2011 08:48 GMT
#490
On September 06 2011 17:40 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2011 16:56 Squeegy wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:38 babylon wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:06 Squeegy wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:03 babylon wrote:
On September 06 2011 16:00 Squeegy wrote:
On September 06 2011 00:38 Valikyr wrote:
On September 05 2011 21:30 Azarkon wrote:
The surprise in this tournament isn't Loner winning Moon on close positions (seems to have been pre-determined based on those maps and positions), but Moon winning MC and Nada. How does Moon perform so well in international events?

Because MooN is one of the very best RTS players of all time. As the poster above said; if this guy just devoted all his time to SC2. Basically the only title MooN did not win in WC3 was WCG so I understand that he still wants to compete for that when he still has the chance to.


Well, actually, he already did, and he wasn't very impressive. He is good but he will never destroy the scene.

It's somewhat hilarious that when I see your name in threads such as these, I can immediately predict the content of your comments.


I just don't like the fact that people keep repeating the same falsehoods all the time.

Moon was contracted specifically to play WC3 for WMF, not SC2, which he basically played in his free-time. If you want to claim that he ever played SC2 full-time based on one interview during which he said that he would play the game with more tournaments, be my guest, but until you have more hard evidence as to what his practice schedule actually was, then I don't think you can claim definitively that he ever practiced SC2 full-time, especially when WMF has stated that if they wanted to contract him as a SC2 player, they would do so instead of contracting him as a WC3 player. (The same holds true for Lyn. One interview done on the fly does not evidence make. I can, for instance, point to an interview in which Lyn said that he would not play SC2 professionally because he wanted to stick to WC3 until the bitter end, but we all know where he is now.)

Now, I understand that this is a forum in which you can share your opinion at will, but since several of your most recent posts have basically contained little more than thinly-veiled derision aimed towards WC3 progamers and implications that they're "average" RTS players at best, might I point out that it might possibly be more conducive for you to redirect your energy in a more positive direction? I believe it would be better, for instance, to cheer for your favorite players instead of shitting on WC3 progamers. It would certainly make everyone happier.

And really, you can't deny that destroying MC 2-0 in two one-sided games and defeating NaDa 2-1 at a LAN is pretty impressive for a Moon that most definitely has WCG to practice for, right? But again, maybe you see things differently. Go ahead and continue to think of him as average at best, since I can't control your opinion, but I would like to ask you to stop spreading disinformation, at least until you can obtain Moon's exact practice schedule for the last several months, okay?


What evidence do you have that he played WC3 during his freetime? And of course he was recruited as a WC3 player. That's where his market value is at. That is why he is so popular in China. However, it just happens that at the time there were no WC3 tournaments he played in and he himself stated that he'd play the game that had tournaments. Well, we both know that he was in GSL. If you don't think it's evidence that he himself tells what he plays, then I don't know what to tell you.

No thanks, I prefer being negative.

Sure, it's impressive. But I wouldn't read too much into it. I've seen players lose to much worse players before in SC2 and this is no exception. When he actually starts delivering proper results I'll take it back. But I don't think he'll ever become big enough to win a GSL for example.

Hey, at least I asked politely. Skepticism is healthy, and I can admire you for that, but can I at least ask you to stop being such a downer? Party crashing never struck me as fun. What you're doing is akin to me jumping into a thread where people are celebrating NaDa's victory over Puma at MLG and saying that NaDa's victory was a complete fluke and that he's a far inferior player to Puma because his only decent match-up is TvT whereas Puma's good all-around. Do you see why this might be a little upsetting?

The manager of WMF has stated before that he was recruited specifically as a WC3 gamer. He is contracted as a WC3 gamer. If he is contracted as a WC3 gamer, then it is highly doubtful he would be allowed to play SC2 full-time. You say that he said he would play the game with more tournaments in one interview. And yet, in another interview, he's said that he mostly practices WC3 because there are things he still wants to achieve in that game and that he practices SC2 when there are tournaments. If you've followed Moon during his WC3 career, you would know that he's always been remarkably cryptic and noncommittal with his interviews. That's how he's been for years and years and years, and that's how he is now.

Nobody is saying he will win a GSL. Nobody is saying he will dominate as much as he did in WC3, especially given the state of the scene so far and the fact that he's both older and married now. Nobody is saying he's as good as MC or NaDa, and anyone who does believe that is delusional. His mechanics aren't solid enough, and his overall game sense isn't what it could be. However, these results do suggest that he has not hit the limit of his skill in SC2. Basically, it's a sign of things to come, and people simply think that things are looking pretty up for him, given that he's a hybrid progamer whose gotten decent results even with his attention divided between two games. The assumption is that when he actually focuses completely on SC2 (as in, when he's still not hungering over that WCG title) and devotes more time to it, he'll become even better than he is now. This is not an unreasonable assumption, as far as I can tell, but feel free to correct me if wrong.


Yes, you can ask me for that. But the answer is no. I'm sorry.

Moon was recruited because of his popularity. As there was no WC3 tournaments going on at the time, it seems to me quite logical to allow him to try his chances at SC2. There wasn't much to lose (as we can see) but quite a bit to gain. And I still don't see any evidence. Now if you could point any out to me, I'll consider backing down.

Actually, I get the vibe that quite a lot of people think he would actually dominate. As in win a GSL, as in being better than Nada or MC even now. I mean people actually compare him to Flash and Jaedong sometimes! That is why a voice of reason, such as myself, is needed to calm the crowd down. Of course I have never denied that he can't get better than he is.
Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly. Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.
yoonsun
Profile Joined September 2011
29 Posts
September 09 2011 02:05 GMT
#491
is it possible to find vods of these games somewhere?
yooneunhye/iu/suzy/hyomin
EscapingJail
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States212 Posts
September 11 2011 11:42 GMT
#492
On September 09 2011 11:05 yoonsun wrote:
is it possible to find vods of these games somewhere?



Yeah this would be great.
Memento Mori
S4KuR4
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
France52 Posts
September 12 2011 00:04 GMT
#493
Still looking for them :/ I want to see tossgirl playing !
♥ Bomber|Mvp|MKP|MMA|Avilo|ForGG ♥ :D Sup sons! Terran power!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥
Prev 1 23 24 25 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM819
TKL 298
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 819
ByuN 378
mouzHeroMarine 306
TKL 298
IndyStarCraft 186
BRAT_OK 50
MindelVK 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16571
Calm 2633
Shuttle 865
Horang2 405
Dewaltoss 156
Mini 143
Rush 88
Zeus 52
Free 27
Trap 23
[ Show more ]
Bale 20
scan(afreeca) 19
ToSsGirL 18
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Dendi1421
febbydoto6
LuMiX0
League of Legends
KnowMe50
Counter-Strike
fl0m5160
pashabiceps1433
Fnx 618
edward25
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu483
Other Games
Grubby2640
singsing1632
Liquid`RaSZi1619
Beastyqt749
B2W.Neo357
C9.Mang0306
crisheroes235
dupreeh180
Trikslyr93
QueenE90
UpATreeSC65
JuggernautJason22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH304
• EnkiAlexander 37
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 20
• Michael_bg 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV596
• masondota2524
League of Legends
• Nemesis3281
• TFBlade631
Other Games
• imaqtpie775
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 23m
INu's Battles
16h 23m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
18h 23m
OSC
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 4h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.