• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:04
CEST 21:04
KST 04:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12033 users

Good Manner on Ladder - Page 27

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 36 Next All
stevensonmat2
Profile Joined September 2011
United States17 Posts
October 20 2011 16:34 GMT
#521
It is always nice when someone one all-ins you, loses, and then compliments you for holding it off. Good manners def make the game more enjoyable; I always start a game with a "glhf" and "how are you?" Most people respond kindly, some tell me to DIAF.
perestain
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany308 Posts
October 20 2011 16:42 GMT
#522
On October 21 2011 01:23 clownfish wrote:
i always try to get as big of a mental edge possible on my opponent so my practice is: Opponent gl hf -> i say f*ck you, opponent ggs i pm them after game and say not really lol, I am about to win the game -> offensive gg. This has been my practice since beta and has netted me great succes.


Nice "success" trying to ridicule players you will most likely never play again. Or do you mean success as in helping you in maintaining your delusion?

No matter how hot it gets, sooner or later there's a cool breeze coming in.
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
October 20 2011 16:50 GMT
#523
I honestly can't believe this is a discussion. GLHF/GGGL or the likes at the start, GG at the end. This isn't Xbox Live.
Wat
nekuodah
Profile Joined August 2010
England2409 Posts
October 20 2011 16:50 GMT
#524
I can appreciate what your trying but alot of what you say just comes across as sarcasm via the internet, personally i find it best to just force myself to type gg, helps me stay calm and focus for next game.
CaptainCrush
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States785 Posts
October 20 2011 16:59 GMT
#525
I borderline despise the "manner" aspect of this game. I'm not saying that we should all rage at each other but I see absolutely no reason to ever say anything to your opponent at the start or end of a game. This is a competition for me, I dont want you to have any luck and your happiness with the match matters little to me as well.

Furthermore, I can't believe that the terms have caught on like they have. You can't be "bad manner" or "good manner"...... You can be poorly mannered or well mannered if you wish, but not the former.... Ugh, end rant :/
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
October 21 2011 17:47 GMT
#526
i dont say glhf, but gghf. i dont want him to be lucky^^

and i gg in 99% of my games. the last 1% is the games where i am really really upset of myself not being able to stop a cheese from my opponent^^
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
Leargle
Profile Joined October 2010
United States173 Posts
October 21 2011 18:57 GMT
#527
It seems like being "neutral" bad manner is much easier now, what with the "block messages from non-friends" option. Some people dont say a word, and you can't even gg after the game
Maphack supply depot overlord
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 19:55:38
April 03 2012 19:54 GMT
#528
Copy pasting the conversation instead of taking a screenshot, because it´s easier.

Erewien: this is zerg.
Erewien: you have no macro, just a move blings.
Erewien: i hope your mother dies
Erewien has reconnected.
You: Look at the replay, you had it won
Erewien: ye sure
Erewien: muta play shouldnt be allowed to win from there
You: Well, you messed up and lost lots of scvs to a counter
get sensor towers
――――――――――――――――
Erewien: cant leave there whole army to defend third..
You: Also, you had scattered supply depots instead of a full wall
And no of course you cant leave your whole army, but with a sensor tower you know how much I have there
And you can move units from your rally point
Erewien: how u mean that with that wall
You: just wall of the entire path to the bottom right expo
with depots
and a bunker or two behind
so my banelings have to hit the wall and cant reach the bunker / scvs
Erewien: hm
You: And get a sensor tower, there is no reason not to
Also
since you push to the north
your rally point might as well be to where you are vulnerable to counter attacks
which is your third. Your natural has a full wall you can raise at any time,
Erewien: k thanks for info
You: and youre pushing to the north
so counter attacks are less dangerous from there
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
nukkuj
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Finland403 Posts
April 03 2012 20:16 GMT
#529
[image loading]

After I gg'd, we chat few lines. His compliment on my good macro (4base vs. 4base before his last push) made me smile. I've always struggled TvZ and felt that I needed to rely on 2base semiallins. This time I had picked up a build from MKP which felt really fluent and I could keep up with zerg in macrogame.
DYEAlabaster
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada1009 Posts
April 03 2012 20:21 GMT
#530
I always try to gg after a game, and the more infuriated I am with a loss, the more that I force myself to say wp. Why? Because my anger is just telling me that I felt hopeless in a situation, that I couldn't do anything in order to stop what he was doing. Whether It's a strat that I think is particularily irritating (spinewall/muta--->BL/infestor), or an all in I couldn't stop, the more rage that fills me towards the end of a game, the more I try to be kind.

Why?

For two reasons. First, it diffuses some anger, and secondly, theyre doing something right to get me angry like that (obvs if theyre not actually bming me or anything)
willverrecken
Profile Joined March 2012
80 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 20:46:36
April 03 2012 20:37 GMT
#531
waht the fuck is wrong with just saying 'gg' and leaving the game?

On April 04 2012 04:54 vOdToasT wrote:
Copy pasting the conversation instead of taking a screenshot, because it´s easier.

Erewien: this is zerg.
Erewien: you have no macro, just a move blings.
Erewien: i hope your mother dies
Erewien has reconnected.
You: Look at the replay, you had it won
Erewien: ye sure
Erewien: muta play shouldnt be allowed to win from there
You: Well, you messed up and lost lots of scvs to a counter
get sensor towers
――――――――――――――――
Erewien: cant leave there whole army to defend third..
You: Also, you had scattered supply depots instead of a full wall
And no of course you cant leave your whole army, but with a sensor tower you know how much I have there
And you can move units from your rally point
Erewien: how u mean that with that wall
You: just wall of the entire path to the bottom right expo
with depots
and a bunker or two behind
so my banelings have to hit the wall and cant reach the bunker / scvs
Erewien: hm
You: And get a sensor tower, there is no reason not to
Also
since you push to the north
your rally point might as well be to where you are vulnerable to counter attacks
which is your third. Your natural has a full wall you can raise at any time,
Erewien: k thanks for info
You: and youre pushing to the north
so counter attacks are less dangerous from there



HAHAHA he tells you he hopes your mother dies and you help him? oh wow..
guess what he learned from that: "damn, better tell some other people that i hope their mother dies so they help me : )"

what you should do if someone is being an asshole is to tell them to go fuck themselves. acting like that -> negative reaction. don't fucking try to be their friend. thats not 'good manner' thats just laughable.




Reval
Profile Joined January 2012
United States297 Posts
April 03 2012 20:40 GMT
#532
I'd love to be mannered like that but everytime I lose to thor/banshee all-in I wanna punch somebody
Avril_Lavigne
Profile Joined April 2010
United States446 Posts
April 03 2012 20:42 GMT
#533
"gg wp you deserve this win"

My friends and I have gone through this soooo many times. We made it the 100 games good manner challenge back when there were threads like 100 game 4 gate where you do nothing but 4 gates for 100 games (includes six pools, 2 rax all in etc).

For 100 games, my friends and I had to accept our defeat and surrender by saying "gg well played you deserve this win" NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO. It can be a macro game, a cheese, a rush, an all in, from canon rushes to six pools to proxies whatever it is, we must surrender by doing the saying. it was actually very funny. Some people responded with a "thank you"

ROFL
Berailfor
Profile Joined January 2012
441 Posts
April 03 2012 20:45 GMT
#534
On April 04 2012 05:37 willverrecken wrote:
waht the fuck is wrong with just saying 'gg' and leaving the game?


Nothing is wrong with it. That is a very acceptable way to post. I think your missing the point of the OP. He is saying that because he has seen such a vast amount of BM. He thinks it is a nice chance to GM the opponent. Of course it isn't needed. Its just something different it you are like some of the people who take joy in making other people happy. For instance if I read this and got six-pooled instead of getting upset. I could tell him, "Caught me off guard! Nice one!" then afterwards even if the opponent thinks your sarcastic you still are happier and feel good about yourself. And I dunno what the unnecessary vulgarity in your post is about. Saying "what's wrong with saying gg and leaving?" would have gotten your point across without giving a negative image to everyone who reads your post. Unless I suppose that's the image your trying to give off to people.
Nizzy
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States839 Posts
April 03 2012 20:47 GMT
#535
How can you have any manner good or bad

WHEN THE FUCKING SERVER IS DOWN ALL FUCKING DAY ON YOUR DAY OFF SON OF A FUCKING BITHC WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT

WC3 WENT DOWN WE WENT TO US.WEST I FUCKING HATE GAMES TODAY


User was warned for this post
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
April 03 2012 20:49 GMT
#536
I always gg every game regardless of how I lost.

If they did something I have never seen before, I let them know it's good.
skatbone
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1005 Posts
April 03 2012 20:52 GMT
#537
On April 04 2012 05:47 Nizzy wrote:
How can you have any manner good or bad

WHEN THE FUCKING SERVER IS DOWN ALL FUCKING DAY ON YOUR DAY OFF SON OF A FUCKING BITHC WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT

WC3 WENT DOWN WE WENT TO US.WEST I FUCKING HATE GAMES TODAY


BM in the GM thread? We knew B.net would be down today for the ladder lock.
Mercurial#1193
Berailfor
Profile Joined January 2012
441 Posts
April 03 2012 20:55 GMT
#538
On April 04 2012 05:47 Nizzy wrote:
How can you have any manner good or bad

WHEN THE FUCKING SERVER IS DOWN ALL FUCKING DAY ON YOUR DAY OFF SON OF A FUCKING BITHC WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT

WC3 WENT DOWN WE WENT TO US.WEST I FUCKING HATE GAMES TODAY


Dude you should seriously erase this post before you get a temp ban. I dunno how you could have so many posts on TL and still deem this as an acceptable post.
NinjaMagic
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden83 Posts
April 03 2012 20:57 GMT
#539
I only GG when it was a legit good game.. real good battles, close game.. I dont consider 20 min sitting in your base then moving out to get roflstomped to be a good game, neither do i think cheeses are. in short when i find my play failing to match my opponent it wasnt really a game, it was a massacre.

I do always say Gl / glhf tho
Nizzy
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States839 Posts
April 03 2012 21:01 GMT
#540
On April 04 2012 05:52 skatbone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 05:47 Nizzy wrote:
How can you have any manner good or bad

WHEN THE FUCKING SERVER IS DOWN ALL FUCKING DAY ON YOUR DAY OFF SON OF A FUCKING BITHC WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT

WC3 WENT DOWN WE WENT TO US.WEST I FUCKING HATE GAMES TODAY


BM in the GM thread? We knew B.net would be down today for the ladder lock.


Really? Since when do they shut it down for the entire day?

o.o very frustrated, I don't get to play anymore working 60+ hours a week since I grad in Dec. Finally a day off and ITS DOWN THE WHOLE DAY? Just disappoint. Don't know why I try playing this game anymore.

As far as the BM/GM I rarely even type anymore. Just say GG at the end no biggie. I'm over it
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1299
TKL 455
IndyStarCraft 285
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1299
ByuN 514
TKL 455
IndyStarCraft 285
Reynor 280
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25279
Calm 2505
Shuttle 358
Mini 175
White-Ra 144
firebathero 88
Mong 52
ZZZero.O 40
scan(afreeca) 25
soO 14
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10639
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps807
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3961
Liquid`Hasu537
MindelVK7
Other Games
summit1g2589
Liquid`RaSZi2291
fl0m1903
FrodaN1391
B2W.Neo823
olofmeister755
Khaldor478
Beastyqt304
Livibee187
crisheroes177
Mew2King71
ToD52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick551
BasetradeTV195
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
angryscii 11
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 28
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach53
• blackmanpl 30
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• 80smullet 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV567
Other Games
• imaqtpie1157
• Shiphtur668
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 56m
Replay Cast
3h 56m
OSC
16h 56m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.