• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:56
CEST 16:56
KST 23:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War175.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11157 users

Starcraft Patriotism! - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
June 16 2011 07:16 GMT
#61
gogogo austrian progamers... hm wait... there are no
FreedonNadd
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria573 Posts
June 16 2011 07:22 GMT
#62
I've got a ton of Ikea furniture at home. My home is somehow my country too. So I root for Sweden.

But I root more for brilliant players like MKP and KiWi.
Some people wear Superman pajamas, but Superman has Day[9] pajamas.
Aikin
Profile Joined April 2010
Austria532 Posts
June 16 2011 07:23 GMT
#63
On June 16 2011 16:16 Big J wrote:
gogogo austrian progamers... hm wait... there are no


yeah... sadly
[A]dmiral Bulldog | Naniwa | [A]lliance
FreedonNadd
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria573 Posts
June 16 2011 07:23 GMT
#64
On June 16 2011 16:16 Big J wrote:
gogogo austrian progamers... hm wait... there are no

We have some, but they are not that successful in the scene.
Some people wear Superman pajamas, but Superman has Day[9] pajamas.
Ocedic
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1808 Posts
June 16 2011 07:27 GMT
#65
On June 16 2011 14:18 dpL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2011 14:10 Ocedic wrote:
On June 16 2011 13:28 wongisgreat wrote:
No one chooses where they're born so it's foolish to be proud of it.


Basically this. Also, people don't seem to understand the accomplishments of others has little to do with your own skill.

Elaborate on this. Do you think people cheer for countrymen in order to boost their own ego? If so, what do you base it on?


I've seen countless x country/region vs y country/region arguments in a huge number of SC2 threads, whether LR or otherwise. Usually occurs when talking about EU vs NA, with average joe EU player talking down on NA players because the top foreign players happen to be from Sweden.

I said in my post that cheering for your countrymen is perfectly legit. But to talk down on an entire region because Thorzain is really, really good and you happened to be born a few miles from him is nothing short of stupid.
edc
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States666 Posts
June 16 2011 07:29 GMT
#66
I am half-Korean and live in the US, and am very patriotic towards my country (and foreigners in general).
“There are two kinds of people in this world, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.” - Clint Eastwood
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 07:33:21
June 16 2011 07:29 GMT
#67
On June 16 2011 13:23 MechKing wrote:
I support Terrans regardless of nationality.

^ same here!

Can't say I'm a big mOOnGLaDe fan, Although I'd be happy if he did well in any tournament!

I do have a bias towards "foreigners" in the Korean vs Foreigner clashes. Not because I'm racist, just I consider the foreign players underdogs, and I naturally tend to go for the underdog in any sport. Although if IMMvp was playing...might be different :D

Tofugrinder
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria899 Posts
June 16 2011 07:32 GMT
#68
On June 16 2011 16:16 Big J wrote:
gogogo austrian progamers... hm wait... there are no

so what? fuck it

what's important is the skill and/or the personality of a progamer not the fuckin country
ShiShKeBab
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden43 Posts
June 16 2011 07:32 GMT
#69
I always feel in me the desire that the Swedish players that i like win more strongly than i feel it for other players i like. When i examine it objectively i have to admit it's because of a false sense that this somehow reflects on me and makes ME special, when in fact that is completely false. This is how nationalism works and its insidious because i don't want it, looking at older people though it seems to go away as one gets older and sees more people and define one's own person more. I would never however display this nationalism and it annoys me when other swedes shove it in other peoples faces.
asdasd
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
June 16 2011 07:41 GMT
#70
I root for Korea in the MLG

I root for World in the GSL


I)etox
Profile Joined April 2011
1240 Posts
June 16 2011 07:44 GMT
#71
On June 16 2011 16:41 Golgotha wrote:
I root for Korea in the MLG

I root for World in the GSL




what kind of monster are you /s
guluru
Profile Joined August 2010
United States83 Posts
June 16 2011 07:52 GMT
#72
I support the Americans no matter how much hate I get for it.

I've never been big on the Koreans... I have the ones I will root for in the GSL, but I almost never root for a Korean against a foreigner
chosenkerrigan
Profile Joined May 2011
858 Posts
June 16 2011 07:53 GMT
#73
I root for Korean players and Chinese players...Asians fighting!!! But I do respect Thorzain and naniwa a lot...
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
June 16 2011 07:53 GMT
#74
I'm American and my old waterpipe KimBongILL is Korean so we have a lively rivalry.
Support your esport!
Entropic
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2837 Posts
June 16 2011 07:57 GMT
#75
On June 16 2011 16:53 Alabasern wrote:
I'm American and my old waterpipe KimBongILL is Korean so we have a lively rivalry.


I salute you sir
Nerdslayer
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark1130 Posts
June 16 2011 08:00 GMT
#76
Im from Denmark we really dont got any international players.

So I root for Sweden, Ukraine and if i have to Germany
FreedonNadd
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria573 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 08:03:41
June 16 2011 08:03 GMT
#77
On June 16 2011 17:00 Nerdslayer wrote:
Im from Denmark we really dont got any international players.

So I root for Sweden, Ukraine and if i have to Germany

What about ActionJesuz ?

Edit:miss spelled.
Some people wear Superman pajamas, but Superman has Day[9] pajamas.
bwally
Profile Joined December 2010
United States670 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 08:07:34
June 16 2011 08:06 GMT
#78
Non-Korean > Korean any day.
busbarn
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden984 Posts
June 16 2011 08:06 GMT
#79
Rivalry adds a shit ton to competition and I would say without a doubt that I wouldn't follow sc2 at all if all players were korean like with BW. Sure, shame on me I'm not that hardcore like all the BW fans here, but I love the excitement before big games and I don't think the excitement would've been that big if it weren't for rivalries between countries and their fans.

It's also super good for esport in the west if we really get the country vs. country going. Say if Peter, 40 years old browsing the internet, stumbles upon this stream were Swedes are fighting Danes. He would get involved because he fucking hate Danes in sport :D he would cheer for the swedish players and maybe tune in next time. Thats how you grow a sport. You can't get someone fresh and expect him to get how you play a video game, you can however, get him to understand it's pride on the line.

Btw I hate excessive patiotism on forums, makes me sick.
FreedonNadd
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria573 Posts
June 16 2011 08:07 GMT
#80
The side effects of a competition: ^^

Some people wear Superman pajamas, but Superman has Day[9] pajamas.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 402
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38139
Calm 7285
Bisu 2487
Rain 1431
Jaedong 1036
Horang2 605
BeSt 572
Rush 412
Soma 385
Larva 335
[ Show more ]
Stork 323
Light 281
Zeus 193
ZerO 190
Snow 172
Mind 137
Free 107
910 103
Barracks 82
Killer 60
Sea.KH 50
Mong 48
Hyun 45
Shinee 35
Trap 32
ToSsGirL 31
Terrorterran 28
Pusan 23
Hm[arnc] 21
Bale 21
Rock 20
Aegong 20
sorry 20
Sexy 13
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8580
XaKoH 435
Counter-Strike
fl0m4108
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes488
Other Games
gofns34418
singsing2313
B2W.Neo774
hiko482
Lowko355
Mlord333
Hui .184
Livibee170
DeMusliM158
mouzStarbuck135
djWHEAT112
RotterdaM91
QueenE66
Trikslyr66
Mew2King65
ToD58
KnowMe40
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4221
• Jankos2392
• TFBlade669
Other Games
• Shiphtur283
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 4m
Big Brain Bouts
19h 4m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.