• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:51
CEST 11:51
KST 18:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7810 users

Starcraft Patriotism! - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
June 16 2011 04:26 GMT
#21
If anything - and if that were true - it proves that Starcraft is more of a science than sport. In science people are more interested in new things that work, than whose country made it. Cheers!
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
Diks
Profile Joined January 2010
Belgium1880 Posts
June 16 2011 04:27 GMT
#22
When you're belgian you have no other choice than rooting for other countries for the moment.
xOtit
Profile Joined April 2011
United States253 Posts
June 16 2011 04:28 GMT
#23
No one chooses where they're born so it's foolish to be proud of it.
"If I play zerg I'm like Nestea" - Deezer
lithium3n
Profile Joined May 2011
United States74 Posts
June 16 2011 04:29 GMT
#24
I support the player who deserve it, people that train hard and show respect for the game. Even though I'm American, I can't support the likes of Idra until he actually trains harder and has a better attitude.

Korean players just train harder and are likeable in general because they're so humble. There are American players on my list too such as Sheth, Kiwikaki, and team FXO!
Coutcha
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada519 Posts
June 16 2011 04:30 GMT
#25
I root for Zerg too haha like mostly Idra and NesTea or any Z player also Canadian if there is no Z
This is what the world is for Making ELECTRICITY :D
jonathan1
Profile Joined October 2010
United States395 Posts
June 16 2011 04:30 GMT
#26
i can't really get behind NA players because there are only a couple that actually impress me from a skill standpoint.
Sayer
Profile Joined August 2009
United States403 Posts
June 16 2011 04:31 GMT
#27
On June 16 2011 13:23 MechKing wrote:
I support Terrans regardless of nationality.


This.. but I support Zerg hehe
kron0s
Profile Joined March 2010
Philippines57 Posts
June 16 2011 04:37 GMT
#28
I'd love to be patriotic, but seeing as there's not there's no one in my country who plays in the tourneys I watch, I'm sticking with rooting for my protoss brethren.
it wasnt me...
Kezzer
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1268 Posts
June 16 2011 04:39 GMT
#29
I pretty much just root for "foreigners", i.e. non asian
dpL
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden571 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 05:08:35
June 16 2011 04:40 GMT
#30
I cheer for Swedish players a lot, partially because of the completely arbitrary fact that we share the same lump of land located in the northern hemisphere. But mainly because the better they are, the more exposure they get and the sheer quantity of Swedish top players directly affects the SC2 scene where I live. I mean, that's how I would rationalize it if I had to. Also worth noting that Sweden is the least patriotic country on earth when it comes to everything except sports.

Personality and skill are both bigger factors than nationality though.
chenchen
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1136 Posts
June 16 2011 04:45 GMT
#31
As far as this forum is concerned, Swedish posters are obnoxiously patriotic (EU > KR, Sweden number one, etc)

Besides that, it's not hard to spot the occasional stereotypically patriotic American.
powerade = dragoon blood
Stanlot
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5742 Posts
June 16 2011 04:47 GMT
#32
I tend to support specific players and teams over nationality.
MC: "Sentry Forcefield Forcefield Marauder... cage Marauder die die"
bahl sofs tiil
Profile Joined December 2010
United States233 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 04:49:09
June 16 2011 04:48 GMT
#33
On June 16 2011 13:25 caelym wrote:
I used to be very patriotic towards the American scene, but I've been let down too many times
Now I wish I was Swedish.


Funny, the rest of us wish you were Swedish, too.
And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick: rational thinking; but, when you're good and crazy, ooohoohoohoohoooo, the sky is the limit!
sickle
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
New Zealand656 Posts
June 16 2011 04:51 GMT
#34
I'm Russian so i always root for BratOK/Happy and WhiteRa/Dimaga as well. I dont understand why on the tl forum patriotism is looked down upon...
dpL
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden571 Posts
June 16 2011 04:52 GMT
#35
On June 16 2011 13:45 chenchen wrote:
As far as this forum is concerned, Swedish posters are obnoxiously patriotic (EU > KR, Sweden number one, etc)

A lot of that is tongue in cheek.
Fir3fly
Profile Joined May 2009
Australia251 Posts
June 16 2011 04:52 GMT
#36
I'm an australian Zerg and i root for mOOnGLaDe all the time :D :D :D :D :D
After that i have Losira / Idra / July and Nestea.
tomatriedes
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
New Zealand5356 Posts
June 16 2011 04:53 GMT
#37
I'm from NZ so we don't really have anyone good enough to root for. I'm more patriotic about the races. Anyone but Terran!
SgtCoDFish
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1520 Posts
June 16 2011 04:56 GMT
#38
I'm not patriotic at all, but I support the British player (note the singular, Demuslim's the only one of note, really) mainly because he's from a city not too far from where I was born and grew up, and I just think that's kinda cool. Also his stream with Rotterdam is hilarious.

Other than that I support Liquid; especially Jinro and Haypro, and I'd probably tend to support European players over other regions. But really I just want ggs.
imPERSONater
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1324 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 04:59:17
June 16 2011 04:56 GMT
#39
On June 16 2011 13:25 stormtemplar wrote:
For me it really varies. Generally Race>Country>Koreans of same race


Yup, this. Favorite zergs, then US players, then foreigners, then koreans. I have settled into a Korea vs the world mindset so I'm pretty much happy when any non-korean rocks the boat a little. If I do root for Koreans, it is only zergs (other than MC who is a baller and I love the cocky attitude.)
Fan of: IdrA, Sen, Stephano, Snute, Axlav, Hero
Arterial
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1039 Posts
June 16 2011 04:58 GMT
#40
australia....has.....
savior & jaedong
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3972
Hyuk 857
Bisu 708
Soma 355
Rush 277
BeSt 231
Mong 117
Stork 112
Sexy 111
Horang2 87
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 84
Killer 62
Mind 54
ZerO 47
Shinee 36
sorry 19
Hm[arnc] 16
Yoon 16
NaDa 15
yabsab 11
Noble 7
Terrorterran 3
Barracks 1
Dota 2
Gorgc3998
Counter-Strike
olofmeister797
byalli564
shoxiejesuss541
edward73
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Other Games
gofns43843
singsing1105
ceh9688
dupreeh273
crisheroes234
ZerO(Twitch)4
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 18
• killerbeecast9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• iopq 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1736
• Stunt379
Upcoming Events
OSC
13h 10m
Big Brain Bouts
1d
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-07
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.