• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:17
CEST 04:17
KST 11:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8810 users

[Show] Inside The Game - Official Thread - Page 202

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 200 201 202 203 204 496 Next
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
March 28 2012 00:33 GMT
#4021
On March 28 2012 09:27 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 09:25 Bagi wrote:
So the MLG worship has spread from SOTG to ITG too.

I personally doubt MLG success = E-sports success.

So...you have a problem with players praising one of the few organizations to have their act together?

I just don't like it when they make it seem like the future of e-sports depends on their product.

But if it worked and they managed to guilt enough people to watch the Winter arena, why not keep milking it?
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
March 28 2012 00:34 GMT
#4022
On March 28 2012 09:32 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 09:30 skeldark wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:28 IdrA wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:26 skeldark wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:25 JJH777 wrote:
I want to know what's going on with Anaheim so bad. A lot of people are hyping it.

They hyping it because they get paid for it. hyping != advertise.

none of us has any affiliation with mlg, we dont get paid. we hype it cuz its an awesome event. we hyped ipl3 just as hard cuz it was also really good. i dont hype european events because i dont enjoy them and dont think theyre as good in a lot of important ways.


They pay djwheat for casting and pay idra and incontrol with pricemoney.
ALso they give you a platform to advertise your team sponsors.
So all people in the show have the financial interest that mlg anaheim is a good event.
So no wonder that you say this. I dont blame you for it. Just wanted to tell the other guy that he should not think that is a unbiased community opinion.

...
...
...
...
Are you serious?

Did you not just hear them all shitting on WCG?


to be fair, i thought they were too nice to wcg ;p
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
March 28 2012 00:34 GMT
#4023
Yata is a great protoss player and song!

+ Show Spoiler +
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
March 28 2012 00:35 GMT
#4024
On March 28 2012 09:33 Bagi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 09:27 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:25 Bagi wrote:
So the MLG worship has spread from SOTG to ITG too.

I personally doubt MLG success = E-sports success.

So...you have a problem with players praising one of the few organizations to have their act together?

I just don't like it when they make it seem like the future of e-sports depends on their product.

But if it worked and they managed to guilt enough people to watch the Winter arena, why not keep milking it?

So, basically you have some beef with MLG, and you want to insert your own propaganda in between the lines?
Average means I'm better than half of you.
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
March 28 2012 00:43 GMT
#4025
On March 28 2012 09:35 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 09:33 Bagi wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:27 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:25 Bagi wrote:
So the MLG worship has spread from SOTG to ITG too.

I personally doubt MLG success = E-sports success.

So...you have a problem with players praising one of the few organizations to have their act together?

I just don't like it when they make it seem like the future of e-sports depends on their product.

But if it worked and they managed to guilt enough people to watch the Winter arena, why not keep milking it?

So, basically you have some beef with MLG, and you want to insert your own propaganda in between the lines?

No u!

I'm not the only person who thought MLG used questionable tactics when they basically told people to buy Winter Arena for e-sports sake. There was a lot of criticism around the whole thing, I think the Rakaka article explained it the best. Now they are making some super-event and once again its rumored to be the most important thing for the e-sports scene. Now if you can explain to me how these things are in no way related I am more than willing to change my opinion, but personally I am starting to see a pattern.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
March 28 2012 00:46 GMT
#4026
On March 28 2012 09:43 Bagi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 09:35 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:33 Bagi wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:27 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:25 Bagi wrote:
So the MLG worship has spread from SOTG to ITG too.

I personally doubt MLG success = E-sports success.

So...you have a problem with players praising one of the few organizations to have their act together?

I just don't like it when they make it seem like the future of e-sports depends on their product.

But if it worked and they managed to guilt enough people to watch the Winter arena, why not keep milking it?

So, basically you have some beef with MLG, and you want to insert your own propaganda in between the lines?

No u!

I'm not the only person who thought MLG used questionable tactics when they basically told people to buy Winter Arena for e-sports sake. There was a lot of criticism around the whole thing, I think the Rakaka article explained it the best. Now they are making some super-event and once again its rumored to be the most important thing for the e-sports scene. Now if you can explain to me how these things are in no way related I am more than willing to change my opinion, but personally I am starting to see a pattern.

if you dont like MLG, dont watch it. if you dont like their PPV, dont pay for it. protest with your wallet.
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
March 28 2012 00:47 GMT
#4027
On March 28 2012 09:43 Bagi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 09:35 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:33 Bagi wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:27 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:25 Bagi wrote:
So the MLG worship has spread from SOTG to ITG too.

I personally doubt MLG success = E-sports success.

So...you have a problem with players praising one of the few organizations to have their act together?

I just don't like it when they make it seem like the future of e-sports depends on their product.

But if it worked and they managed to guilt enough people to watch the Winter arena, why not keep milking it?

So, basically you have some beef with MLG, and you want to insert your own propaganda in between the lines?

No u!

I'm not the only person who thought MLG used questionable tactics when they basically told people to buy Winter Arena for e-sports sake. There was a lot of criticism around the whole thing, I think the Rakaka article explained it the best. Now they are making some super-event and once again its rumored to be the most important thing for the e-sports scene. Now if you can explain to me how these things are in no way related I am more than willing to change my opinion, but personally I am starting to see a pattern.

So yeah...you have an ongoing beef with MLG, so you make a shit ton of assumptions about Anaheim so you can bitch about them.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
March 28 2012 00:47 GMT
#4028
someone needs to put this show on the sidebar I always forget it until the last 10 minutes
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
March 28 2012 00:48 GMT
#4029
On March 28 2012 09:47 IMoperator wrote:
someone needs to put this show on the sidebar I always forget it until the last 10 minutes

it has been on the sidebar since it started.
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
March 28 2012 00:53 GMT
#4030
On March 28 2012 09:47 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 09:43 Bagi wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:35 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:33 Bagi wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:27 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:25 Bagi wrote:
So the MLG worship has spread from SOTG to ITG too.

I personally doubt MLG success = E-sports success.

So...you have a problem with players praising one of the few organizations to have their act together?

I just don't like it when they make it seem like the future of e-sports depends on their product.

But if it worked and they managed to guilt enough people to watch the Winter arena, why not keep milking it?

So, basically you have some beef with MLG, and you want to insert your own propaganda in between the lines?

No u!

I'm not the only person who thought MLG used questionable tactics when they basically told people to buy Winter Arena for e-sports sake. There was a lot of criticism around the whole thing, I think the Rakaka article explained it the best. Now they are making some super-event and once again its rumored to be the most important thing for the e-sports scene. Now if you can explain to me how these things are in no way related I am more than willing to change my opinion, but personally I am starting to see a pattern.

So yeah...you have an ongoing beef with MLG, so you make a shit ton of assumptions about Anaheim so you can bitch about them.

I guess my attempt at getting you to argue your point of view instead of resorting to more ad hominems was doomed from the start.
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
March 28 2012 00:57 GMT
#4031
On March 28 2012 09:30 skeldark wrote:
They pay djwheat for casting and pay idra and incontrol with pricemoney.
ALso they give you a platform to advertise your team sponsors.
So all people in the show have the financial interest that mlg anaheim is a good event.
So no wonder that you say this. I dont blame you for it. Just wanted to tell the other guy that he should not think that is a unbiased community opinion.


Fucking lol. This is not how the industry works.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
March 28 2012 00:58 GMT
#4032
On March 28 2012 09:53 Bagi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 09:47 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:43 Bagi wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:35 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:33 Bagi wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:27 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:25 Bagi wrote:
So the MLG worship has spread from SOTG to ITG too.

I personally doubt MLG success = E-sports success.

So...you have a problem with players praising one of the few organizations to have their act together?

I just don't like it when they make it seem like the future of e-sports depends on their product.

But if it worked and they managed to guilt enough people to watch the Winter arena, why not keep milking it?

So, basically you have some beef with MLG, and you want to insert your own propaganda in between the lines?

No u!

I'm not the only person who thought MLG used questionable tactics when they basically told people to buy Winter Arena for e-sports sake. There was a lot of criticism around the whole thing, I think the Rakaka article explained it the best. Now they are making some super-event and once again its rumored to be the most important thing for the e-sports scene. Now if you can explain to me how these things are in no way related I am more than willing to change my opinion, but personally I am starting to see a pattern.

So yeah...you have an ongoing beef with MLG, so you make a shit ton of assumptions about Anaheim so you can bitch about them.

I guess my attempt at getting you to argue your point of view instead of resorting to more ad hominems was doomed from the start.

But you don't have a point. You're assuming Anaheim is a PPV and then bitching about it. You're also assuming players are hyping it only because it's PPV and then bitching about it.

You're making a shit ton of assumptions about MLG Anaheim and bitching about them, but nothing you're whining about actually has a standing in reality.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
Bayyne
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1967 Posts
March 28 2012 00:59 GMT
#4033
Goatlust hunting in the jungle in the rain, trying to come up with an epic question for the next ITG. He is our Rambo.
Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
March 28 2012 01:02 GMT
#4034
On March 28 2012 09:59 Bayyne wrote:
Goatlust hunting in the jungle in the rain, trying to come up with an epic question for the next ITG. He is our Steve Irwin.

there we go.
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
March 28 2012 01:20 GMT
#4035
On March 28 2012 09:58 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 09:53 Bagi wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:47 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:43 Bagi wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:35 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:33 Bagi wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:27 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:25 Bagi wrote:
So the MLG worship has spread from SOTG to ITG too.

I personally doubt MLG success = E-sports success.

So...you have a problem with players praising one of the few organizations to have their act together?

I just don't like it when they make it seem like the future of e-sports depends on their product.

But if it worked and they managed to guilt enough people to watch the Winter arena, why not keep milking it?

So, basically you have some beef with MLG, and you want to insert your own propaganda in between the lines?

No u!

I'm not the only person who thought MLG used questionable tactics when they basically told people to buy Winter Arena for e-sports sake. There was a lot of criticism around the whole thing, I think the Rakaka article explained it the best. Now they are making some super-event and once again its rumored to be the most important thing for the e-sports scene. Now if you can explain to me how these things are in no way related I am more than willing to change my opinion, but personally I am starting to see a pattern.

So yeah...you have an ongoing beef with MLG, so you make a shit ton of assumptions about Anaheim so you can bitch about them.

I guess my attempt at getting you to argue your point of view instead of resorting to more ad hominems was doomed from the start.

But you don't have a point. You're assuming Anaheim is a PPV and then bitching about it. You're also assuming players are hyping it only because it's PPV and then bitching about it.

You're making a shit ton of assumptions about MLG Anaheim and bitching about them, but nothing you're whining about actually has a standing in reality.

I'm not assuming Anaheim is a PPV, where did you get this idea?

What I'm saying is that they made Anaheim seem like the most important event of the year, like the whole e-sports world depends on it. They told people that if they were to go to one event, that would be the one. MLG gets revenue from people attending their events and watching their streams, a PPV model doesn't have to play a role in it at all and I never implied it did.

What I did imply is that MLG is again making it seem like they play the most important role in the SC2 scene and by supporting them you do a great deal to support e-sports, when in reality they are also trying to make money and sell you a product. E-sports existed before MLG and will continue to exist once MLG dies.
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
March 28 2012 01:22 GMT
#4036
On March 28 2012 09:26 skeldark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 09:25 JJH777 wrote:
I want to know what's going on with Anaheim so bad. A lot of people are hyping it.

They hyping it because they get paid for it.
They pay djwheat for casting and pay idra and incontrol with pricemoney ( a little bit ^^ ) and give there team a platform to advertise there sponsors.
So the people in the show have the financial interest that mlg anaheim is a good event. So thats what they say.
hyping != advertise.

how is this different from any other tournament that Wheat casts or the EG guys play in?
www.superbeerbrothers.com
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
March 28 2012 01:27 GMT
#4037
On March 28 2012 10:20 Bagi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 09:58 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:53 Bagi wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:47 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:43 Bagi wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:35 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:33 Bagi wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:27 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:25 Bagi wrote:
So the MLG worship has spread from SOTG to ITG too.

I personally doubt MLG success = E-sports success.

So...you have a problem with players praising one of the few organizations to have their act together?

I just don't like it when they make it seem like the future of e-sports depends on their product.

But if it worked and they managed to guilt enough people to watch the Winter arena, why not keep milking it?

So, basically you have some beef with MLG, and you want to insert your own propaganda in between the lines?

No u!

I'm not the only person who thought MLG used questionable tactics when they basically told people to buy Winter Arena for e-sports sake. There was a lot of criticism around the whole thing, I think the Rakaka article explained it the best. Now they are making some super-event and once again its rumored to be the most important thing for the e-sports scene. Now if you can explain to me how these things are in no way related I am more than willing to change my opinion, but personally I am starting to see a pattern.

So yeah...you have an ongoing beef with MLG, so you make a shit ton of assumptions about Anaheim so you can bitch about them.

I guess my attempt at getting you to argue your point of view instead of resorting to more ad hominems was doomed from the start.

But you don't have a point. You're assuming Anaheim is a PPV and then bitching about it. You're also assuming players are hyping it only because it's PPV and then bitching about it.

You're making a shit ton of assumptions about MLG Anaheim and bitching about them, but nothing you're whining about actually has a standing in reality.

I'm not assuming Anaheim is a PPV, where did you get this idea?

What I'm saying is that they made Anaheim seem like the most important event of the year, like the whole e-sports world depends on it. They told people that if they were to go to one event, that would be the one. MLG gets revenue from people attending their events and watching their streams, a PPV model doesn't have to play a role in it at all and I never implied it did.

What I did imply is that MLG is again making it seem like they play the most important role in the SC2 scene and by supporting them you do a great deal to support e-sports, when in reality they are also trying to make money and sell you a product. E-sports existed before MLG and will continue to exist once MLG dies.

Well duh MLG is trying to make it all about themselves. They want to be the best and think of themselves as the best. As a business you should. Every major tournament is trying to make money and sell you a product. MLG isn't alone in that.

MLG Anaheim is being hyped because something big is happening there. Obviously incontrol knows something about it as he was hinting at it. Sundance has been hinting about it for a couple weeks now. MLG and Blizzard have something up their sleeve for Anaheim, something that requires them to have 40,000 sqaure feet more than what MLG had at Columbus (via gamespot interview with Sundance).
www.superbeerbrothers.com
MONXY FIST
Profile Joined November 2009
United States142 Posts
March 28 2012 01:28 GMT
#4038
On March 28 2012 10:20 Bagi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 09:58 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:53 Bagi wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:47 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:43 Bagi wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:35 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:33 Bagi wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:27 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:25 Bagi wrote:
So the MLG worship has spread from SOTG to ITG too.

I personally doubt MLG success = E-sports success.

So...you have a problem with players praising one of the few organizations to have their act together?

I just don't like it when they make it seem like the future of e-sports depends on their product.

But if it worked and they managed to guilt enough people to watch the Winter arena, why not keep milking it?

So, basically you have some beef with MLG, and you want to insert your own propaganda in between the lines?

No u!

I'm not the only person who thought MLG used questionable tactics when they basically told people to buy Winter Arena for e-sports sake. There was a lot of criticism around the whole thing, I think the Rakaka article explained it the best. Now they are making some super-event and once again its rumored to be the most important thing for the e-sports scene. Now if you can explain to me how these things are in no way related I am more than willing to change my opinion, but personally I am starting to see a pattern.

So yeah...you have an ongoing beef with MLG, so you make a shit ton of assumptions about Anaheim so you can bitch about them.

I guess my attempt at getting you to argue your point of view instead of resorting to more ad hominems was doomed from the start.

But you don't have a point. You're assuming Anaheim is a PPV and then bitching about it. You're also assuming players are hyping it only because it's PPV and then bitching about it.

You're making a shit ton of assumptions about MLG Anaheim and bitching about them, but nothing you're whining about actually has a standing in reality.

I'm not assuming Anaheim is a PPV, where did you get this idea?

What I'm saying is that they made Anaheim seem like the most important event of the year, like the whole e-sports world depends on it. They told people that if they were to go to one event, that would be the one. MLG gets revenue from people attending their events and watching their streams, a PPV model doesn't have to play a role in it at all and I never implied it did.

What I did imply is that MLG is again making it seem like they play the most important role in the SC2 scene and by supporting them you do a great deal to support e-sports, when in reality they are also trying to make money and sell you a product. E-sports existed before MLG and will continue to exist once MLG dies.


MLG has said nothing in regards to Anaheim at all. We have two players independent from MLG talking about how awesome a future MLG event will be and you interpret it as MLG saying that by watching them you are saving esports? How the hell do you reach that conclusion?
None but a coward dares to boast that he has never known fear.
skeldark
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2223 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 02:29:17
March 28 2012 02:15 GMT
#4039
On March 28 2012 09:57 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 09:30 skeldark wrote:
They pay djwheat for casting and pay idra and incontrol with pricemoney.
ALso they give you a platform to advertise your team sponsors.
So all people in the show have the financial interest that mlg anaheim is a good event.
So no wonder that you say this. I dont blame you for it. Just wanted to tell the other guy that he should not think that is a unbiased community opinion.


Fucking lol. This is not how the industry works.

So you or wheat talk bad about a tournament that you cast for?
I understand that you dont do it. I dont have a problem with it. I have a problem with act like you would...


On March 28 2012 10:22 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 09:26 skeldark wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:25 JJH777 wrote:
I want to know what's going on with Anaheim so bad. A lot of people are hyping it.

They hyping it because they get paid for it.
They pay djwheat for casting and pay idra and incontrol with pricemoney ( a little bit ^^ ) and give there team a platform to advertise there sponsors.
So the people in the show have the financial interest that mlg anaheim is a good event. So thats what they say.
hyping != advertise.

How is this different from any other tournament that Wheat casts or the EG guys play in?

EG told that mlg is the most importand one for their sponsons but generell there is no.

I dont get you problem guys. I dont want to blame anyone. I total understand why they do what they do.
I just said that they have so much financial interest about the stuff, they talk about, that no one can expect a unbiased fair opinion. (besides that they are personal friends with the team / tournament managers)

Why is djwheat hype mlg? Because they pay him for it!
thats just a fact!

I dont know if he would do it if he would not cast for them.
No one not even him self can know that.
Save gaming: kill esport
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
March 28 2012 02:33 GMT
#4040
On March 28 2012 11:15 skeldark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 09:57 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:30 skeldark wrote:
They pay djwheat for casting and pay idra and incontrol with pricemoney.
ALso they give you a platform to advertise your team sponsors.
So all people in the show have the financial interest that mlg anaheim is a good event.
So no wonder that you say this. I dont blame you for it. Just wanted to tell the other guy that he should not think that is a unbiased community opinion.


Fucking lol. This is not how the industry works.

So you or wheat talk bad about a tournament that you cast for?
I understand that you dont do it. I dont have a problem with it. I have a problem with act like you would...


Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 10:22 jmbthirteen wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:26 skeldark wrote:
On March 28 2012 09:25 JJH777 wrote:
I want to know what's going on with Anaheim so bad. A lot of people are hyping it.

They hyping it because they get paid for it.
They pay djwheat for casting and pay idra and incontrol with pricemoney ( a little bit ^^ ) and give there team a platform to advertise there sponsors.
So the people in the show have the financial interest that mlg anaheim is a good event. So thats what they say.
hyping != advertise.

How is this different from any other tournament that Wheat casts or the EG guys play in?

EG told that mlg is the most importand one for their sponsons but generell there is no.

I dont get you problem guys. I dont want to blame anyone. I total understand why they do what they do.
I just said that they have so much financial interest about the stuff, they talk about, that no one can expect a unbiased fair opinion. (besides that they are personal friends with the team / tournament managers)

Why is djwheat hype mlg? Because they pay him for it!
thats just a fact!

I dont know if he would do it if he would not cast for them.
No one not even him self can know that.

i received both prize money and payment for casting from IEM grand finals a few weeks ago, i said both during and after that it was a bad tournament that treated players poorly and that i do not expect to attend again next year.
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
Prev 1 200 201 202 203 204 496 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 130
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 412
NaDa 40
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm235
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9653
JimRising 695
WinterStarcraft194
ViBE142
Mew2King89
ArmadaUGS52
Trikslyr46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1439
BasetradeTV234
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream116
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• davetesta49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush242
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 44m
INu's Battles
9h 44m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 44m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 44m
Replay Cast
20h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.