• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:57
CEST 04:57
KST 11:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8419 users

Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM - Page 58

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 405 Next
Dusty
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3359 Posts
July 10 2011 13:21 GMT
#1141
I hate masters league because most players dont give BM like they do in lower leagues
Servius_Fulvius
Profile Joined August 2009
United States947 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 04:39:42
July 11 2011 04:39 GMT
#1142
On July 10 2011 22:21 Dusty wrote:
I hate masters league because most players dont give BM like they do in lower leagues


3v3 and 4v4 is the place for you!
Servius_Fulvius
Profile Joined August 2009
United States947 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 05:02:27
July 11 2011 04:41 GMT
#1143
I got this confusing little BM earlier:

[image loading]

And honestly, I'm confused. No scouting?

Well, what about scouting your early pool?

[image loading]

Or setting up three overlords to cover the attack path? Thanks for the free overlord, though!

[image loading]

I mean, your 10pool had about a 30 second window where I was defenseless, but...

[image loading]

Evidently it's more important to kill the drone in my natural (his drone was posturing for an offensive spine, so I kept it busy).

He never actually killed my drone, wasted 30 more seconds, and attacked when I had lings and a queen. The drone, on the other hand, got one kill!

Nevertheless, this is still my favorite BM to date:

[image loading]
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 11 2011 04:47 GMT
#1144
On July 10 2011 22:21 Dusty wrote:
I hate masters league because most players dont give BM like they do in lower leagues


It's because you're playing too fairly. Gotta use tactics that the opponent generally dislikes or can't overcome :3
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Zode
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada297 Posts
July 11 2011 17:36 GMT
#1145
ZvZ on cross positions Tal darim, I open 13 gas 14pool into banes with 21 expo. He goes 14pool with 16 gas 16 expo? We trade banes back and forth no dmg to either of us really. I have lings just run around the map all game for no reason to which he says "Wtf r u doing?" I get ahead 35-24 workers and he attacks in to my equal count of roaches and 4 spines at my base, but I have +1 he doesn't, then this:

[image loading]


I snuck those speedlings running round the map into his base while he attacked, they killed most of his drones and his queen.
Silfurstar
Profile Joined November 2010
Switzerland263 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-13 01:00:29
July 13 2011 00:59 GMT
#1146
So, I'm facing a Protoss on Typhon, and I keep on seing only a gate and 3 zealots on his wall. So naturally, I'm suspicious... I throw down an evo and a few spores at my 3 bases because my macro was so bad (i'm plat) that i had extra minerals and didn't want to lose to either stargate or DT's.
Void rays and phoenix come in (two stargates), destroy my nat, but he's losing some units to my spores. I throw my hydraden, mass up a few of those, and kill the rest of his air army. Then I just send the roach/hydra i have while fixing my bases and macro, which was enough to break his front and get to his main.
Then this happens (at first I sincerely thought it was meant as humor, hence the lol) :

[image loading]

I'm confused... Hydras are OP and noobish now ?

And all this was while I was on stream... but I had like 2 viewers and none on chat, I'm sad.
grindC
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany274 Posts
July 14 2011 15:55 GMT
#1147
got my share of BM today after playing a bit of footmen. I have to admit I kind of suck at this mod, but I haven't gotten the hang of it yet. So this guy was on my team and thought I wasn't allowed to play SC2 anymore.

DooMon: pls dont play starcraft u idiot
DooMon has reconnected.
You: did you really message me to say that? dude I just try to learn to play this mod and you give me all sorts of !@#$
tons of fun
DooMon: u r shi t at all maps
pls dont play this game, its not for idiot kids
You: yeah I know I suck, but flaming me will surely help me improve
DooMon: u will suck all time... pls dont play sc2
bye


Kind of mean to post this on TL, but admittedly, BM makes me kind of angry, so meh
Mongoapan
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden2 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-15 14:53:34
July 15 2011 14:49 GMT
#1148
This is not really a fun one but i wanted to share this becuse i just dont seems to understand all this manner law. I just lost a game as zerg to a silly a bunker rushes and i couldnt helped myself to cry a little since i was very frustrated that i lost to it, i type in "this matchup is such a joke", and i left. There was no glhf or anything this was the only thing that was said during the match. He PM later and this is what follewed ...

Hades: gg
Hades has reconnected.
You: gg ?
Hades: mean Good Game
You: i know what it means
Hades: well
You: u run after me and open a chat to say gg
Hades: yeah
You: u saw the rage comment right
Hades: u have bad manners, yeah
You: i cant stand people like u...
Hades: and i cant stand noobs like u
i have trained VERY hard in this match up
You: i was frusteded but i didnt say anything out of line
Hades: its still bm
You: i would think that if u WIN game u could give a guy a break
still your manner is much worse then my little ragequit
Hades: lol no its not
You: u trained very hard ?
Hades: on this match up yeah
You: for bunkers rushes
Hades: many zergs now how to deal with a simple bunker rush
its a standard opening
11/12 rax into CC without cutting workers
You: yeah i should have dealt with it but i was not focus thats why i got so frustrated
Hades: aight
You: My comment still hade nothing to do with your training, i dont get u at all
Hades: your blaming your loss on balance
You: no
i dont
when did i ever talk about balance ?
Hades: "this match up is such a joke"
whatever dont have time
You: lol i dont think its unbalance its just a anoying how easy zerg can lose.
You: ... u are so freaking arrogant
The player is ignoring you.

marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 15 2011 15:19 GMT
#1149
On July 05 2011 05:08 eu.exodus wrote:
[image loading]

made me lol


This is amazing
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Silfurstar
Profile Joined November 2010
Switzerland263 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 03:35:51
July 16 2011 03:34 GMT
#1150
Here's the "gg" of a Protoss at the end of a long ZvP which ended 5 bases vs 5 bases (yeah I know...)

Problem is : he had only 7 gates... (I sniped his two robos with roach drops in the middle of the game, which he didn't remake apparently, even though he had 5k/5k most of the end game)

But I can understand that he was mad, because a Zerg letting a toss take 5 bases is just... bad.

[image loading]

The game is available in VOD (I was streaming it), for those who'd like to have the full context.
Sajaki
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada1135 Posts
July 16 2011 05:54 GMT
#1151
On July 16 2011 12:34 Silfurstar wrote:

[image loading]


That's a lot of gas that could have been turned into a LOT of archons lol!
Inno pls...
Silfurstar
Profile Joined November 2010
Switzerland263 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 06:12:06
July 16 2011 06:10 GMT
#1152
On July 16 2011 14:54 Sajaki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 12:34 Silfurstar wrote:

[image loading]


That's a lot of gas that could have been turned into a LOT of archons lol!


Yeah... Basically I won because he didn't create any production buildings (besides 7 gates and 2 robo that I sniped), and didn't tech further than twilight council. He had no way to spend all that...
breadman
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1 Post
July 16 2011 18:31 GMT
#1153
All of these came in one session of 4v4 games.

[image loading]
I regulate funkiness
Sooooil
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany497 Posts
July 16 2011 20:33 GMT
#1154
So basically, my mates and I are at a LAN party and wanted to have fun. That's why we decided to do a 6 pool with 2 of us leaving, so the 3rd one gets the minerals. The first lings were built at ~1:30 and the one of us remaining pwned them but we got a lot of good bm before and after they left.
Pls ignore the BM we sent, but it was just too funny to not wrote something back.

PS: lots of screenshots (only the ones in game as I was not the one playing and getting bm'ed afterwards) so spoiler

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading][image loading]
Regan123
Profile Joined June 2011
20 Posts
July 16 2011 22:58 GMT
#1155
Yeah it's BS that the system puts you against arranged teams as a random.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
July 17 2011 00:04 GMT
#1156
On July 12 2011 02:36 Zode wrote:
ZvZ on cross positions Tal darim, I open 13 gas 14pool into banes with 21 expo. He goes 14pool with 16 gas 16 expo? We trade banes back and forth no dmg to either of us really. I have lings just run around the map all game for no reason to which he says "Wtf r u doing?" I get ahead 35-24 workers and he attacks in to my equal count of roaches and 4 spines at my base, but I have +1 he doesn't, then this:

[image loading]


I snuck those speedlings running round the map into his base while he attacked, they killed most of his drones and his queen.

sry baddie

You are just as bad
nemo14
Profile Joined January 2011
United States425 Posts
July 17 2011 06:19 GMT
#1157
On June 12 2011 10:57 Mellon wrote:
Why is every third log the people posting being bm first? It's really fun to see genuine bm, but when it's getting forced by subtle bullying it's no fun at all.. Just sad to try and push people's buttons.

People are desperate to seem cool and funny by posting some fool BMing them, but BM that goes beyond "fuck <race>" or "l2p fucking rush noob" is actually quite difficult to come by. The wannabe interesting BM victims therefore resort to provoking random dudes into sustained tirades so that they can spray their screenies all over this terrible thread and choke down a couple more e-Viagra.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
July 17 2011 16:42 GMT
#1158
I was playing a 2v2. I cannon rushed and my partner proxy gated. I ran around the terran's base seeing the following build order:
Depot
Depot
Refinery
Refinery
I started lol'ing irl, and set up my in-your-face cannon rush. It pretty much killed him. I said "Well, depot depot refinery refinery may not be the best idea" as a joke, but he apparently got stung by it. After he ragequit and his partner gg'd, he messaged me.

PolerBear: do not do what i say not to because it makes me feel good to impart !@#$ty strat on newbs
PolerBear has reconnected.
You: What?
I'm just saying double depot double ref is weak
PolerBear: oh i forgot youre an english major so you wont understand the 'common' tongue
You: to rush
The player is ignoring you.

I did not say anything about being an english major. In fact, I'm not. What does "do not do what i say not to" mean???
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-17 17:18:58
July 17 2011 17:18 GMT
#1159
Also, some older rage (in the last month )
In a 3v3, my partner cannon rushed, my other partner went proxy rax, I did proxy tanks.
Start:
+ Show Spoiler +
Me: GL HF
Me: This map is so small
Protoss ally: gl hf
Me: I'm proxying you by building IN MAH BASE


Let the cheese.. begin!
+ Show Spoiler +
Protoss ally: lolololol
Me: Resistance is FUTILE.
Me: You will be assimilated.
Red terran (opponent): your dad is aslo gay
Protoss ally: rofl
Me: *sings song*
Protoss ally: aslo isnt a word
Red: also
Me: Also what?


They get REALLY MAD!
+ Show Spoiler +
Teal Terran: Nice work- you guys rocked
Teal Terran: dude -you suck- you are awful at this game and you got owned.
Terran Ally: HAHAHAHA
Protoss Ally: you lost bro
Terran Ally: you lost


The two terran opponents left. Even though the other guy had clearly lost, he proceeded to turtle for ten minutes in his main.
Then he just left the game.
I suppose my allies were BMing more, and my opponents were raging.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
giuocob
Profile Joined July 2010
United States149 Posts
July 17 2011 17:29 GMT
#1160
On July 10 2011 22:21 Dusty wrote:
I hate masters league because most players dont give BM like they do in lower leagues

PvP: Cannon rush
PvT: DT Rush
PvZ: Blink rush
TvP: Raven all-in
TvT: 1base 2rax into BFH into cloaked banshee into battlecruisers etc
TvZ: Marine/SCV allin
ZvP: Roach/ling allin, your favorite timing
ZvT: Baneling bust
ZvZ: 6 pool

Do not fear, follow these simple steps and you will receive more BM then you know how to deal with.
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 405 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 200
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 564
NaDa 50
TT1 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g10181
JimRising 738
WinterStarcraft325
Mew2King93
ViBE93
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1354
BasetradeTV255
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream151
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 91
• davetesta42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush613
• Lourlo425
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 3m
INu's Battles
9h 3m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 3m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 3m
Replay Cast
20h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.