• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:16
CEST 23:16
KST 06:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)50Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8102 users

Blizzard and the All-In - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All
ShyRamen
Profile Joined July 2010
United States322 Posts
December 11 2010 23:56 GMT
#241
- A developers role is to make the game and only fix absolutely urgent things. The metagame changes frequently and if blizzard responds each time they upset the natural flow of learning that players went through with sc1. <<<< this

plus... i think it's more a matter of maps...
Cephei
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom79 Posts
December 12 2010 00:03 GMT
#242
On December 12 2010 08:35 my0s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 08:27 Cephei wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:22 ThePieRate wrote:
I have to say that the 2 rax all in is a bit over powered. The rank 1 guy in my daimond league told me that he was silver and has terrible macro and micro. He then started only doing 2 rax and now he is a 2300 daimond. I looked at his match history recently and he probably has a 90% win ratio (for recent games). That rush is fucking absurd.


It's powerful until it's figured out how to stop, just like anything else, it's still a relatively new strat, it's no reason to rebalance the game.


I'm sorry but I'm kinda tired of this response/excuse. It's been out for quite awhile now and never has such a low skilled strat dominated this level of high level touraments.

IdrA and ret spent over a week on this one thing and thier answer is a gamble at best, and a flat out accepted loss on some maps.


I'm tired of this BS whining zergs like you do all the time every time Terran gets a good strategy it's whine whine whine until we get nerfed. Reapers whine whine whine....nerfed, Tanks whine whine whine... nerfed, early rax whine whine whine... nerfed. You whine about banshees, you whine about marines, you whine about marauders, you whine about vikings, you whine about PF's, you whine about turrets, you whine about mules, you whine about repair, all of these things I see zergs whining about regularly and i bet I've missed a few aswell, you zergs whine about nearly everything the terran has, you are all the same.
'There is no life', only AFK - Some guy
NightHawk929
Profile Joined December 2010
79 Posts
December 12 2010 00:10 GMT
#243
On December 12 2010 09:03 Cephei wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 08:35 my0s wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:27 Cephei wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:22 ThePieRate wrote:
I have to say that the 2 rax all in is a bit over powered. The rank 1 guy in my daimond league told me that he was silver and has terrible macro and micro. He then started only doing 2 rax and now he is a 2300 daimond. I looked at his match history recently and he probably has a 90% win ratio (for recent games). That rush is fucking absurd.


It's powerful until it's figured out how to stop, just like anything else, it's still a relatively new strat, it's no reason to rebalance the game.


I'm sorry but I'm kinda tired of this response/excuse. It's been out for quite awhile now and never has such a low skilled strat dominated this level of high level touraments.

IdrA and ret spent over a week on this one thing and thier answer is a gamble at best, and a flat out accepted loss on some maps.


I'm tired of this BS whining zergs like you do all the time every time Terran gets a good strategy it's whine whine whine until we get nerfed. Reapers whine whine whine....nerfed, Tanks whine whine whine... nerfed, early rax whine whine whine... nerfed. You whine about banshees, you whine about marines, you whine about marauders, you whine about vikings, you whine about PF's, you whine about turrets, you whine about mules, you whine about repair, all of these things I see zergs whining about regularly and i bet I've missed a few aswell, you zergs whine about nearly everything the terran has, you are all the same.

You are forgetting stim packs are OP because it makes the DPS too high and medivacs are OP because they heal too quickly and they can transport.
SovSov
Profile Joined September 2010
United States755 Posts
December 12 2010 00:11 GMT
#244
On December 12 2010 09:03 Cephei wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 08:35 my0s wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:27 Cephei wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:22 ThePieRate wrote:
I have to say that the 2 rax all in is a bit over powered. The rank 1 guy in my daimond league told me that he was silver and has terrible macro and micro. He then started only doing 2 rax and now he is a 2300 daimond. I looked at his match history recently and he probably has a 90% win ratio (for recent games). That rush is fucking absurd.


It's powerful until it's figured out how to stop, just like anything else, it's still a relatively new strat, it's no reason to rebalance the game.


I'm sorry but I'm kinda tired of this response/excuse. It's been out for quite awhile now and never has such a low skilled strat dominated this level of high level touraments.

IdrA and ret spent over a week on this one thing and thier answer is a gamble at best, and a flat out accepted loss on some maps.


I'm tired of this BS whining zergs like you do all the time every time Terran gets a good strategy it's whine whine whine until we get nerfed. Reapers whine whine whine....nerfed, Tanks whine whine whine... nerfed, early rax whine whine whine... nerfed. You whine about banshees, you whine about marines, you whine about marauders, you whine about vikings, you whine about PF's, you whine about turrets, you whine about mules, you whine about repair, all of these things I see zergs whining about regularly and i bet I've missed a few aswell, you zergs whine about nearly everything the terran has, you are all the same.

And now you're whining too.
Bowdy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States232 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-12 00:14:21
December 12 2010 00:13 GMT
#245
On December 12 2010 09:03 Cephei wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 08:35 my0s wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:27 Cephei wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:22 ThePieRate wrote:
I have to say that the 2 rax all in is a bit over powered. The rank 1 guy in my daimond league told me that he was silver and has terrible macro and micro. He then started only doing 2 rax and now he is a 2300 daimond. I looked at his match history recently and he probably has a 90% win ratio (for recent games). That rush is fucking absurd.


It's powerful until it's figured out how to stop, just like anything else, it's still a relatively new strat, it's no reason to rebalance the game.


I'm sorry but I'm kinda tired of this response/excuse. It's been out for quite awhile now and never has such a low skilled strat dominated this level of high level touraments.

IdrA and ret spent over a week on this one thing and thier answer is a gamble at best, and a flat out accepted loss on some maps.


I'm tired of this BS whining zergs like you do all the time every time Terran gets a good strategy it's whine whine whine until we get nerfed. Reapers whine whine whine....nerfed, Tanks whine whine whine... nerfed, early rax whine whine whine... nerfed. You whine about banshees, you whine about marines, you whine about marauders, you whine about vikings, you whine about PF's, you whine about turrets, you whine about mules, you whine about repair, all of these things I see zergs whining about regularly and i bet I've missed a few aswell, you zergs whine about nearly everything the terran has, you are all the same.


maybe if reapers werent faster than everything zerg had, tanks didnt one shot everything zerg had, marines werent the highest dps per surface area unit and cost effective unit in the game, stim marauders didnt drop spawning pools in 3 seconds, vikings werent the longest ranged air unit in the game (not to mention they can just land if need be), planetary fortresses didnt nullify the need to ever defend an expo, and, well, i dont mind turrets or mules or repair.

I kid I kid btw. I personally don't feel like marines are "imba", I just feel like I wasted 20$ on GSL to watch 2 rax scv all-ins every damn game.
bowdy.smiteam.net
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
December 12 2010 00:18 GMT
#246
On December 12 2010 09:03 Cephei wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 08:35 my0s wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:27 Cephei wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:22 ThePieRate wrote:
I have to say that the 2 rax all in is a bit over powered. The rank 1 guy in my daimond league told me that he was silver and has terrible macro and micro. He then started only doing 2 rax and now he is a 2300 daimond. I looked at his match history recently and he probably has a 90% win ratio (for recent games). That rush is fucking absurd.


It's powerful until it's figured out how to stop, just like anything else, it's still a relatively new strat, it's no reason to rebalance the game.


I'm sorry but I'm kinda tired of this response/excuse. It's been out for quite awhile now and never has such a low skilled strat dominated this level of high level touraments.

IdrA and ret spent over a week on this one thing and thier answer is a gamble at best, and a flat out accepted loss on some maps.

you are all the same.


I'm a Zerg and I don't whine at that. You LIE!
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
Cephei
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom79 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-12 00:30:49
December 12 2010 00:29 GMT
#247
On December 12 2010 09:13 Bowdy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 09:03 Cephei wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:35 my0s wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:27 Cephei wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:22 ThePieRate wrote:
I have to say that the 2 rax all in is a bit over powered. The rank 1 guy in my daimond league told me that he was silver and has terrible macro and micro. He then started only doing 2 rax and now he is a 2300 daimond. I looked at his match history recently and he probably has a 90% win ratio (for recent games). That rush is fucking absurd.


It's powerful until it's figured out how to stop, just like anything else, it's still a relatively new strat, it's no reason to rebalance the game.


I'm sorry but I'm kinda tired of this response/excuse. It's been out for quite awhile now and never has such a low skilled strat dominated this level of high level touraments.

IdrA and ret spent over a week on this one thing and thier answer is a gamble at best, and a flat out accepted loss on some maps.


I'm tired of this BS whining zergs like you do all the time every time Terran gets a good strategy it's whine whine whine until we get nerfed. Reapers whine whine whine....nerfed, Tanks whine whine whine... nerfed, early rax whine whine whine... nerfed. You whine about banshees, you whine about marines, you whine about marauders, you whine about vikings, you whine about PF's, you whine about turrets, you whine about mules, you whine about repair, all of these things I see zergs whining about regularly and i bet I've missed a few aswell, you zergs whine about nearly everything the terran has, you are all the same.


maybe if reapers werent faster than everything zerg had, tanks didnt one shot everything zerg had, marines werent the highest dps per surface area unit and cost effective unit in the game, stim marauders didnt drop spawning pools in 3 seconds, vikings werent the longest ranged air unit in the game (not to mention they can just land if need be), planetary fortresses didnt nullify the need to ever defend an expo, and, well, i dont mind turrets or mules or repair.

I kid I kid btw. I personally don't feel like marines are "imba", I just feel like I wasted 20$ on GSL to watch 2 rax scv all-ins every damn game.


Speedlings were faster than speed reapers, a group of tanks 1 shot ground units anyway, creep to react to harassment like marauders dropping in, mutas kill drop play anyway, mutas > vikings, phoenix' > vikings. PF=Warp in=Creep etcetc.

@Vodtoast, ok maybe there are exceptions to the rules but most are definitely whiners.
'There is no life', only AFK - Some guy
HiHiByeBye
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada365 Posts
December 12 2010 00:31 GMT
#248
On December 12 2010 00:23 Bowdy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 00:17 HiHiByeBye wrote:
On December 12 2010 00:13 SovSov wrote:
On December 12 2010 00:10 Baarn wrote:
Terran wouldn't all in if there was effective harassment tools to slow the zerg but those got nerfed. So it's rine+scv rush now until that changes.

You think buffing Terran's harassment options later in the game will solve this problem? lol...

wat do you mean later in the game?

you think by making maps where terrans cant rush and zerg can get a macro lead every game is the solution?


we're supposed to have a macro lead, our units are significantly less cost-effective, and are designed that way, so we need more of them than you. If we don't get a macro lead very very early, once your orbital command finishes you're way ahead with mules alone. I'm not saying blizzard didn't go a bit overboard on nerfing the harass options, but you're being ridiculous.


This must be a joke... Yes zerg units are less cost effective in a head to head battle. but you can constantly harrass and backstab to keep the terran at a further disadvantage. And zerg T3 are definatly more cost effective than terran T3... have you seen how shit BCs are?

Also zerg players does whine a lot. Everytime they lose they find reason for balance.

Honestly all ins arent that hard to stop. After you expand just stop pumping drones none stop. Get a lot of sling and drop down a baneling nest whine also making drones. You wont get behind. Just not ahead like most zergs are used too. So greedy
Bowdy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States232 Posts
December 12 2010 01:37 GMT
#249
On December 12 2010 09:29 Cephei wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 09:13 Bowdy wrote:
On December 12 2010 09:03 Cephei wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:35 my0s wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:27 Cephei wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:22 ThePieRate wrote:
I have to say that the 2 rax all in is a bit over powered. The rank 1 guy in my daimond league told me that he was silver and has terrible macro and micro. He then started only doing 2 rax and now he is a 2300 daimond. I looked at his match history recently and he probably has a 90% win ratio (for recent games). That rush is fucking absurd.


It's powerful until it's figured out how to stop, just like anything else, it's still a relatively new strat, it's no reason to rebalance the game.


I'm sorry but I'm kinda tired of this response/excuse. It's been out for quite awhile now and never has such a low skilled strat dominated this level of high level touraments.

IdrA and ret spent over a week on this one thing and thier answer is a gamble at best, and a flat out accepted loss on some maps.


I'm tired of this BS whining zergs like you do all the time every time Terran gets a good strategy it's whine whine whine until we get nerfed. Reapers whine whine whine....nerfed, Tanks whine whine whine... nerfed, early rax whine whine whine... nerfed. You whine about banshees, you whine about marines, you whine about marauders, you whine about vikings, you whine about PF's, you whine about turrets, you whine about mules, you whine about repair, all of these things I see zergs whining about regularly and i bet I've missed a few aswell, you zergs whine about nearly everything the terran has, you are all the same.


maybe if reapers werent faster than everything zerg had, tanks didnt one shot everything zerg had, marines werent the highest dps per surface area unit and cost effective unit in the game, stim marauders didnt drop spawning pools in 3 seconds, vikings werent the longest ranged air unit in the game (not to mention they can just land if need be), planetary fortresses didnt nullify the need to ever defend an expo, and, well, i dont mind turrets or mules or repair.

I kid I kid btw. I personally don't feel like marines are "imba", I just feel like I wasted 20$ on GSL to watch 2 rax scv all-ins every damn game.


Speedlings were faster than speed reapers, a group of tanks 1 shot ground units anyway, creep to react to harassment like marauders dropping in, mutas kill drop play anyway, mutas > vikings, phoenix' > vikings. PF=Warp in=Creep etcetc.

@Vodtoast, ok maybe there are exceptions to the rules but most are definitely whiners.



Did you miss the part where I said I was joking? And btw, last time I checked mutas and pheonixes have far less range than vikings :p
bowdy.smiteam.net
my0s
Profile Joined March 2010
United States193 Posts
December 12 2010 01:47 GMT
#250
On December 12 2010 09:03 Cephei wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 08:35 my0s wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:27 Cephei wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:22 ThePieRate wrote:
I have to say that the 2 rax all in is a bit over powered. The rank 1 guy in my daimond league told me that he was silver and has terrible macro and micro. He then started only doing 2 rax and now he is a 2300 daimond. I looked at his match history recently and he probably has a 90% win ratio (for recent games). That rush is fucking absurd.


It's powerful until it's figured out how to stop, just like anything else, it's still a relatively new strat, it's no reason to rebalance the game.


I'm sorry but I'm kinda tired of this response/excuse. It's been out for quite awhile now and never has such a low skilled strat dominated this level of high level touraments.

IdrA and ret spent over a week on this one thing and thier answer is a gamble at best, and a flat out accepted loss on some maps.


I'm tired of this BS whining zergs like you do all the time every time Terran gets a good strategy it's whine whine whine until we get nerfed. Reapers whine whine whine....nerfed, Tanks whine whine whine... nerfed, early rax whine whine whine... nerfed. You whine about banshees, you whine about marines, you whine about marauders, you whine about vikings, you whine about PF's, you whine about turrets, you whine about mules, you whine about repair, all of these things I see zergs whining about regularly and i bet I've missed a few aswell, you zergs whine about nearly everything the terran has, you are all the same.


God I hope this is some kind of troll. Your lack of game knowlege can only be rivaled by the uselessnes of your post.

Everything you have mentioned has been agreed by blizzard to be imbalanced and patched accordingly, save for this example of Terran all in. Which I have a feeling may very well be nerfed in some regard soon.

Not only that, this issue has nothing to do with "good strategy". Getting to the ro16 in GSL with the same strat, despite everyone knowing it was coming is laughable. Perhaps you should educate yourself on the difference between strategy and imbalance before you continue to post. In fact I more or less summarized that exact theory a page or two back.

If you feel the power of the Terran all in is balanced, then by all means defend it with logic and reasoning. Not ramble and drool as quoted above.
SuperBigFoot
Profile Joined July 2010
United States63 Posts
December 12 2010 02:06 GMT
#251
On December 12 2010 09:31 HiHiByeBye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 00:23 Bowdy wrote:
On December 12 2010 00:17 HiHiByeBye wrote:
On December 12 2010 00:13 SovSov wrote:
On December 12 2010 00:10 Baarn wrote:
Terran wouldn't all in if there was effective harassment tools to slow the zerg but those got nerfed. So it's rine+scv rush now until that changes.

You think buffing Terran's harassment options later in the game will solve this problem? lol...

wat do you mean later in the game?

you think by making maps where terrans cant rush and zerg can get a macro lead every game is the solution?


we're supposed to have a macro lead, our units are significantly less cost-effective, and are designed that way, so we need more of them than you. If we don't get a macro lead very very early, once your orbital command finishes you're way ahead with mules alone. I'm not saying blizzard didn't go a bit overboard on nerfing the harass options, but you're being ridiculous.


This must be a joke... Yes zerg units are less cost effective in a head to head battle. but you can constantly harrass and backstab to keep the terran at a further disadvantage. And zerg T3 are definatly more cost effective than terran T3... have you seen how shit BCs are?

Also zerg players does whine a lot. Everytime they lose they find reason for balance.

Honestly all ins arent that hard to stop. After you expand just stop pumping drones none stop. Get a lot of sling and drop down a baneling nest whine also making drones. You wont get behind. Just not ahead like most zergs are used too. So greedy



I completely agree with you. For some reason the Zerg players feel like they should have an easy ticket to win the game. It's as if they can't think for themselves and would rather Blizzard fix the game for them to A-move to victory, actually, this is literally the case. The problem with the TvZ matchup is with the player base. A majority of the Zerg players feel some type of entitlement to winning the game by crying to Blizzard every single time they can't beat a strategy. Zerg cried so much that Terran players were nerfed so far to extinction that they actually had to adapt to the 14 hatch by doing 2 rax SCV all in rush. The game is now literally broken for Terran players who want to compete with both Toss and Zerg players during the late game.


Two rax SCV rush is not impossible to stop. The problem is Zerg players not willing to use any other strategy then going 14 hatch.
Bowdy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States232 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-12 02:35:31
December 12 2010 02:31 GMT
#252
edit: nevermind I didn't come here for an argument lol. I stand by my belief that while not necessarily "imba", if this continues to be the standard tvz opener it should be patched on account of games being retarded and boring and not worth paying GSL to see over and over again.
bowdy.smiteam.net
Vandal_heart
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom88 Posts
December 12 2010 03:03 GMT
#253
On December 12 2010 11:06 SuperBigFoot wrote:
...
A majority of the Zerg players feel some type of entitlement to winning the game by crying to Blizzard every single time they can't beat a strategy.
...


And if there was a strategy that Terran could not beat, they would just be fine with it? I'm not talking late game unit compostions that terran have trouble with, but a single attack in the first, what, 6-7 minutes of the game that required far greater skill and not a small amount of luck to fend off, they'd be ok with that?
AJMcSpiffy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1154 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-12 03:16:39
December 12 2010 03:14 GMT
#254
On December 12 2010 11:06 SuperBigFoot wrote:
Two rax SCV rush is not impossible to stop. The problem is Zerg players not willing to use any other strategy then going 14 hatch.

I am getting sick of hearing that. Ret and IdrA have worked a lot harder with in-game practice, not just theorycrafting, and they have come to the conclusion that hatch first is a near necessity:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=174898

Quoted from Ret (from that thread in case you don't want to click it)
people who keep talking about 'hatch first' really don't have a clue.. 2 rax constant marines dominates pool first so bad because there's only so few larve off 1 hatch untill after the first queen inject...the marines can just push you back non stop till that first inject finishes and you are in danger of being bunker blocked

I'm not trying to insult you, but I take the word of two of the best Zerg foreigners over that of someone who I suspect does not play Zerg.

Also regarding the GSL, I agree that it was very frustrating to see so many all-ins. I understand that the players are trying to win, and I don't blame them for using a style that wins. But this surge of all ins has left a rather bad taste in my mouth whenever I watch a TvZ from the GSL (aside for Jinro's play).
If the quarter was in your right hand, that would've been micro
PaPoolee
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands660 Posts
December 12 2010 03:24 GMT
#255
I personally think timing pushes off one base (most of the time all-ins) are quite harder to do than just turtling up and building 2-4 bases and then having one giant battle... besides all-ins have to have really good execution. And all-ins are a part of every strategy and will continue to be! .
ShyRamen
Profile Joined July 2010
United States322 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-12 03:42:27
December 12 2010 03:40 GMT
#256
i don't mean to start any argument here...
all i want to express is my opinion. i am an average diamond player, terran, 2k and i have to agree with people that complained about the QQing zergs

against zerg i have an incredible hard time during the late game due to the constant tech switch they are able to make, basically once the zergs hit tier3 and get up 3+ bases it becomes extremely hard to deal with them...
my highest win ratio is actually against zerg rather than T or P, and i don't "all-in" bringing my SCVs but i tend to set a plan that ends the game within the 15/20 mins mark. i always open 2 rax, force em into lings, possibly get his hatch deleted/destroyed or make him open roach. at that point i expand and then hit with a strong timing push off 2 bases while the zerg has been re-droning. i feel doing this is the only "safe" way i have to win against zerg because LOTS of time when i went into macro mode, their constant tech switch, crazy mobility (nydus, creep, mutas, etc.) made it too hard to deal with and an heavy mech army is just too expensive and risky to have... if you loose it, you are fucked.
all i am saying is that i can macro game against T and P but against Z is just too insane... and that is why maybe you see so many all ins and sick timing pushes against zerg.... because lots of T players feel the same.
my 2 cents
Mr_Kzimir
Profile Joined August 2010
France268 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-12 03:54:29
December 12 2010 03:53 GMT
#257
Once the terran mech backbone is destroyed you are pretty much dead.
"Infantry , it's all about it"
Bowdy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States232 Posts
December 12 2010 04:00 GMT
#258
On December 12 2010 12:40 ShyRamen wrote:
i don't mean to start any argument here...
all i want to express is my opinion. i am an average diamond player, terran, 2k and i have to agree with people that complained about the QQing zergs

against zerg i have an incredible hard time during the late game due to the constant tech switch they are able to make, basically once the zergs hit tier3 and get up 3+ bases it becomes extremely hard to deal with them...
my highest win ratio is actually against zerg rather than T or P, and i don't "all-in" bringing my SCVs but i tend to set a plan that ends the game within the 15/20 mins mark. i always open 2 rax, force em into lings, possibly get his hatch deleted/destroyed or make him open roach. at that point i expand and then hit with a strong timing push off 2 bases while the zerg has been re-droning. i feel doing this is the only "safe" way i have to win against zerg because LOTS of time when i went into macro mode, their constant tech switch, crazy mobility (nydus, creep, mutas, etc.) made it too hard to deal with and an heavy mech army is just too expensive and risky to have... if you loose it, you are fucked.
all i am saying is that i can macro game against T and P but against Z is just too insane... and that is why maybe you see so many all ins and sick timing pushes against zerg.... because lots of T players feel the same.
my 2 cents


I don't disagree with you. I'll be the first to admit that once I'm on 4 bases with map control and on my way to hive, I'm pretty confident that I'm going to win, but those games are at least fun to play and more importantly fun to watch no matter what the outcome. If blizzard wants to nerf zerg lategame thats fine. I don't blame T's for all-inning every game, I blame blizzard for making that the most viable way to play tvz. It's plain shitty to pay money to watch.
bowdy.smiteam.net
Cephei
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom79 Posts
December 12 2010 04:11 GMT
#259
On December 12 2010 10:47 my0s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 09:03 Cephei wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:35 my0s wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:27 Cephei wrote:
On December 12 2010 08:22 ThePieRate wrote:
I have to say that the 2 rax all in is a bit over powered. The rank 1 guy in my daimond league told me that he was silver and has terrible macro and micro. He then started only doing 2 rax and now he is a 2300 daimond. I looked at his match history recently and he probably has a 90% win ratio (for recent games). That rush is fucking absurd.


It's powerful until it's figured out how to stop, just like anything else, it's still a relatively new strat, it's no reason to rebalance the game.


I'm sorry but I'm kinda tired of this response/excuse. It's been out for quite awhile now and never has such a low skilled strat dominated this level of high level touraments.

IdrA and ret spent over a week on this one thing and thier answer is a gamble at best, and a flat out accepted loss on some maps.


I'm tired of this BS whining zergs like you do all the time every time Terran gets a good strategy it's whine whine whine until we get nerfed. Reapers whine whine whine....nerfed, Tanks whine whine whine... nerfed, early rax whine whine whine... nerfed. You whine about banshees, you whine about marines, you whine about marauders, you whine about vikings, you whine about PF's, you whine about turrets, you whine about mules, you whine about repair, all of these things I see zergs whining about regularly and i bet I've missed a few aswell, you zergs whine about nearly everything the terran has, you are all the same.


God I hope this is some kind of troll. Your lack of game knowlege can only be rivaled by the uselessnes of your post.

Everything you have mentioned has been agreed by blizzard to be imbalanced and patched accordingly, save for this example of Terran all in. Which I have a feeling may very well be nerfed in some regard soon.

Not only that, this issue has nothing to do with "good strategy". Getting to the ro16 in GSL with the same strat, despite everyone knowing it was coming is laughable. Perhaps you should educate yourself on the difference between strategy and imbalance before you continue to post. In fact I more or less summarized that exact theory a page or two back.

If you feel the power of the Terran all in is balanced, then by all means defend it with logic and reasoning. Not ramble and drool as quoted above.


I was making a point on what most zerg's sound like EVERY time I read these forums, everything I mentioned gets whined about on a regular basis and if you notice it's probably 3/4 or terran units and structures, which basically means zerg players just like to whine about terran in general so why should anyone listen.
I'm not talking about balance at all there you idiot so don't accuse me of knowing nothing when you don't even understand what my post is for.

Before you accuse me of talking garbage, you should look at what you posted. 2 rax is a good strategy because it's strong, so it has everything to do with a good strategy, and it IS a strategy, the only reason you think it's imbalanced is because you suck and can't deal with it.

The strategy can be stopped and did many times in the GSL, so don't talk crap about it being unstoppable which is what your getting at.

Oh yes btw, did you see the guy who 6 pooled his way into GSL? is 6 pool imba as well? LOL.
'There is no life', only AFK - Some guy
Cephei
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom79 Posts
December 12 2010 04:13 GMT
#260
On December 12 2010 13:00 Bowdy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 12:40 ShyRamen wrote:
i don't mean to start any argument here...
all i want to express is my opinion. i am an average diamond player, terran, 2k and i have to agree with people that complained about the QQing zergs

against zerg i have an incredible hard time during the late game due to the constant tech switch they are able to make, basically once the zergs hit tier3 and get up 3+ bases it becomes extremely hard to deal with them...
my highest win ratio is actually against zerg rather than T or P, and i don't "all-in" bringing my SCVs but i tend to set a plan that ends the game within the 15/20 mins mark. i always open 2 rax, force em into lings, possibly get his hatch deleted/destroyed or make him open roach. at that point i expand and then hit with a strong timing push off 2 bases while the zerg has been re-droning. i feel doing this is the only "safe" way i have to win against zerg because LOTS of time when i went into macro mode, their constant tech switch, crazy mobility (nydus, creep, mutas, etc.) made it too hard to deal with and an heavy mech army is just too expensive and risky to have... if you loose it, you are fucked.
all i am saying is that i can macro game against T and P but against Z is just too insane... and that is why maybe you see so many all ins and sick timing pushes against zerg.... because lots of T players feel the same.
my 2 cents


I don't disagree with you. I'll be the first to admit that once I'm on 4 bases with map control and on my way to hive, I'm pretty confident that I'm going to win, but those games are at least fun to play and more importantly fun to watch no matter what the outcome. If blizzard wants to nerf zerg lategame thats fine. I don't blame T's for all-inning every game, I blame blizzard for making that the most viable way to play tvz. It's plain shitty to pay money to watch.


SC2 wasn't made for spectators, or because it's fun to watch, you have to remember that.
'There is no life', only AFK - Some guy
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 130
Nina 109
ProTech100
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13595
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift2457
JimRising 201
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4883
Khaldor1549
Liquid`Hasu729
Other Games
summit1g7129
fl0m848
shahzam447
C9.Mang0199
FrodaN192
KnowMe141
ArmadaUGS91
ToD81
JuggernautJason71
Mew2King69
ViBE21
PPMD17
NeuroSwarm14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV194
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
Other Games
angryscii11
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen132
Other Games
• imaqtpie876
• Shiphtur210
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 44m
Stellar Fest
15h 44m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.