• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:16
CEST 14:16
KST 21:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8449 users

Lets get iNcontroL a casting gig ! - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
wacksteven
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States139 Posts
January 09 2011 01:09 GMT
#121
I can tell you I did the same thing, and DJWheat gave this convoluted description of his setup. I didn't get anything from it. So I bought a Blue Yeti. I think it's easy to use and sounds pretty good. It was $100 even. http://www.bluemic.com/yeti/ I told DJWheat about it and he said he used to use that and liked it. I think for casting and streaming, you're not going to get much value going >$100.


hahahaha! It's totally an ego thing. ;D Getting a really nice headset and good computer is the easiest way to deal with everything, Geoff. He has a really complicated setup with an excellent final result, but he has been doing this for a long time and does a lot of research on everything. If you're looking to do it long term, definitely seek his help on the matter. I baffled everyone in TSN back in the days, especially Marcus when I used a 15 dollar compaq stick mic with a paper towel on it that sounded fantastic. >_<
Former War3/BW/ET/UT2k4 Shoutcaster and now: an all-around, super-huggable old guy. Co-King of Tin with @djWHEAT, available on twitter @wacksteven @KingsOfTin
Suspense
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States500 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-09 01:48:00
January 09 2011 01:37 GMT
#122
On January 09 2011 10:09 wacksteven wrote:
Show nested quote +
I can tell you I did the same thing, and DJWheat gave this convoluted description of his setup. I didn't get anything from it. So I bought a Blue Yeti. I think it's easy to use and sounds pretty good. It was $100 even. http://www.bluemic.com/yeti/ I told DJWheat about it and he said he used to use that and liked it. I think for casting and streaming, you're not going to get much value going >$100.


hahahaha! It's totally an ego thing. ;D Getting a really nice headset and good computer is the easiest way to deal with everything, Geoff. He has a really complicated setup with an excellent final result, but he has been doing this for a long time and does a lot of research on everything. If you're looking to do it long term, definitely seek his help on the matter. I baffled everyone in TSN back in the days, especially Marcus when I used a 15 dollar compaq stick mic with a paper towel on it that sounded fantastic. >_<


If I may add to this... Basically any condenser microphone will provide a fairly high quality input. the only thing is you will have to deal with ambient noise when you upgrade to a professional quality microphone.. A pop--filter is always a good investment especially if you plan on being energetic because it will take care of a lot of the clips and pops that can occur when your voice clips. Using basic audio editing software like Audacity even can help you clean the vocal quality and keep it at a constant level to make things sound more professional as well...

Editing in a little more.. I'm at work so I'm bored...

There is also the choice of omni-directional and directional type. I personally prefer omni-directional because of the noise in my room (being without a proper sound room) and it seems to have slightly less feedback while in open spaces.

Just some things to throw out there.. I can link what I actually use if you are curious.

Call me Mr. Tripped-Fell-Landed-On-1-A
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 826
RotterdaM378
SteadfastSC180
TKL 166
Rex99
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 378
ByuN 255
SteadfastSC 180
TKL 166
Rex 99
Codebar 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32913
Shuttle 1707
Bisu 723
Jaedong 670
Horang2 527
Mong 366
Soulkey 307
actioN 272
Stork 264
Mini 251
[ Show more ]
firebathero 231
BeSt 202
Larva 201
Soma 189
EffOrt 139
Last 132
Rush 118
Zeus 115
Snow 105
ZerO 98
Free 77
Pusan 74
910 74
Hyun 70
Sexy 68
Mind 67
PianO 61
Yoon 50
Shine 49
Sharp 45
hero 41
Shinee 33
Bale 23
JYJ 22
HiyA 22
sorry 22
Aegong 19
ToSsGirL 17
Sacsri 15
Hm[arnc] 15
ZergMaN 15
scan(afreeca) 15
yabsab 15
Noble 8
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc1470
Dendi773
canceldota75
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1236
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King217
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes388
Other Games
gofns63569
singsing2217
Lowko286
B2W.Neo258
DeMusliM208
Pyrionflax168
Livibee149
hiko47
QueenE47
Trikslyr32
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 503
Other Games
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV516
League of Legends
• Jankos1342
Other Games
• Shiphtur620
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 45m
The PondCast
21h 45m
INu's Battles
22h 45m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.