• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:07
CEST 17:07
KST 00:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon104
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7959 users

Who 'invented' APM - Page 14

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 Next All
TymerA
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands759 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-05 21:51:59
December 05 2010 21:51 GMT
#261
Jca, how does it feel to know you invented a very important ''aspect'' of gaming? =)

Really awesome, i am honoured to be in the same thread ^.^
nice.
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-05 22:20:48
December 05 2010 22:19 GMT
#262
I think we take for granted just how malleable the eSport scene is to this day, how much influence we still are able to exert over it, and how much of that is thanks to Blizzard's and the Korean pro-scene's openness and willingness to accept good things no matter where they came from, be they from a paid Blizzard developer or some guy in some basement. (not pointing any fingers at JCA specifically here. )

I know I do. It's a very unique relationship between spectators and sport, and it's a great, great thing that things like this can come from it. And as much as I might disagree with Blizzard's desire to have the pro tournaments come up with their own map pool, the fact that they're still putting so much faith in the hands of others is almost unbelievable.

This victory does not belong to one fan, but to all. Let us together build this industry that we may enjoy in times of boredom.

On December 02 2010 11:38 Slow Motion wrote:
It's like a reading comprehension question.

The OP's description on the Razer mouse is:

A) The main topic of the thread.
B) A humorous anecdote.
C) An allusion to T.S. Elliot's The Waste Land.
D) An introduction to his main point.


Hahaha, I nominate this for Most Valuable Post of an already epic thread.
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
December 05 2010 22:32 GMT
#263
Someone still got banned on page THIRTEEN of this thread? - that is hilarious.

Well up TL for being a beacon of light for esports - i didn't know APM was invented here; that's pretty cool.

Any other kickass contributions that i don't know about?
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
Moody
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States750 Posts
December 06 2010 20:58 GMT
#264
I wasn't a TLer at the time, but I remember hearing about APM when I was like... 13? 14? I didn't really understand the game then, so I just thought it was those elitist jerks in Clan x17 making up some gibberish.

Good job to TL for their contribution to E-sports.

Also... I just read that old school BW APM's were around 200-220? I'm guessing that once people found out that there was a way to measure APM is when it became popular to spam your APM up.

+ Show Spoiler +
IT'S A TARP!!!
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Where's the counter?"
Moonling
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States987 Posts
December 07 2010 07:38 GMT
#265
Cheers to TL I feel like i missed out missing a lot of great people, all you BW veterans making great contributions to e-sports!
1% of koreans control 99% of starcraft winnings. #occupykorea.
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
December 07 2010 07:47 GMT
#266
LOL the first set of posts trashing on the razer stuff is fucking hilarious!

But man, I remember when I was first getting back into BW a few years ago, I had NO idea what APM was at all. It just confused the hell out of me. Then I remember assuming mine was close to 200 before I started analyzing my reps with BW-Chart, only to later find out I was playing at barely 100 max. At my peak, I was pulling around 200, though :o

I have no idea what my APM is in SC2, though. Is there a way to check your overall APM in a rep without actually playing it?
Hello
Avril_Lavigne
Profile Joined April 2010
United States446 Posts
December 07 2010 08:03 GMT
#267
I think the keyword that many readers missed in the thread was "nostalgie". But yes! I remember years ago during my broodwar days that a lot of handy add ons were provided by Teamliquid! Such as advloader, bwchart, and a bunch of other stuff (can't quite remember specifically) but all those add ons were quite useful in their own way TL community has really worked hard to make gaming better and Blizzard is finally putting in their own two cents as well.
Igaryu85
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany195 Posts
December 07 2010 08:25 GMT
#268
Mmh I have to say I am not really a fan of APM and the whole concept behind it. But I nonetheless like that one can actually see it in replays now. I used BW:Chart back in the days but it didnt improve my play much as I think just alot of practice can help;).
mardi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1164 Posts
December 07 2010 08:37 GMT
#269
Dam. i still remember when my friends started saying APM and how they all kept trying to hit 300 APM. That was like 6-7 years ago and i was still in middle school. that was when i first touched sc1 and heard of boxer and yellow and boxer's famous scv rush. if theres ever a timeline of SC events and history, you should be on their as the man who discovered APM. who knew that it would be one of the things that people look at when they compare their favorite players.
BG1
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Canada1550 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-07 08:42:11
December 07 2010 08:41 GMT
#270
Props Jca! Still got BWCHART on my comp!


On December 03 2010 09:26 jamesr12 wrote:

jca2 lowest post count account with a star? (well deserved of course)



I believe Day9s/Tasteless' mom has less posts.
There was once a dream that was Esports. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... Now is the time to make that dream a reality!
BG1
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Canada1550 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-07 08:41:57
December 07 2010 08:41 GMT
#271
meh hit quote instead of edit heh, delete plz.
There was once a dream that was Esports. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... Now is the time to make that dream a reality!
Deleted User 101379
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
4849 Posts
December 07 2010 08:43 GMT
#272
On December 07 2010 16:47 PH wrote:
LOL the first set of posts trashing on the razer stuff is fucking hilarious!

But man, I remember when I was first getting back into BW a few years ago, I had NO idea what APM was at all. It just confused the hell out of me. Then I remember assuming mine was close to 200 before I started analyzing my reps with BW-Chart, only to later find out I was playing at barely 100 max. At my peak, I was pulling around 200, though :o

I have no idea what my APM is in SC2, though. Is there a way to check your overall APM in a rep without actually playing it?


Yes, there is: search the forum for sc2gears. Really nice tool, you can even see how your APM improves over time. I was around 40 when sc2 got released (didn't play beta nor did i play SC:BW the last 8-9 years) and sc2gears shows that my APM increased gradually to 90. It's really good to see if you are improving or not.
craz3d
Profile Joined August 2005
Bulgaria856 Posts
December 07 2010 08:53 GMT
#273
Heh, I remember the first time I checked my apm, it was like 60. Last time I played BW it was about 150-160. Cheers to JCA and also to many other programmers who made other useful tools like PP and of course Iccup launcher:D
Hello World!
EquilasH
Profile Joined April 2009
Denmark2142 Posts
December 07 2010 08:58 GMT
#274
Lol at people not reading further than the first link!..
Cheers JCA for your awesome program that is BWChart.
wat
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
December 07 2010 09:17 GMT
#275
Finally it is here. Its the PURGE!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

On all seriousness, I didn't know APM was from foreign community and is amazed. I guess thanks is in order for JCA and rest of BWChart creators since he has coined an valuable term that contributed to the e-sports.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
yowza
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland210 Posts
December 07 2010 09:41 GMT
#276
Bahaha at all the people bashing on razer products in this thread, shows the level of reading comprehension on these forums. Yet they try to have serious discussions regarding balance :D
derp
Moxi
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
708 Posts
December 07 2010 09:47 GMT
#277
This is awesome, we all love to see our APM on the keyboard :D
Jakalo
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Latvia2350 Posts
December 26 2010 10:18 GMT
#278
On December 07 2010 18:41 yowza wrote:
Bahaha at all the people bashing on razer products in this thread, shows the level of reading comprehension on these forums. Yet they try to have serious discussions regarding balance :D



On December 07 2010 18:47 Moxi wrote:
This is awesome, we all love to see our APM on the keyboard :D


I`m not even sure you guys are sarcastic or not, but as the red madness has already gone to page 13...

But cheers JCA BWchart is awesome, all the fun to check replays in lan to rub it in who has it bigger =] all thanks to you
Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be.
NoxMortus
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia23 Posts
December 26 2010 10:41 GMT
#279
Empire Earth released in 2001 had the 'clicks per minute' feature inbuilt in the game. APM i would invisage is an evolution of thise ingame feature.
BnK
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States538 Posts
December 26 2010 11:04 GMT
#280
On December 07 2010 18:47 Moxi wrote:
This is awesome, we all love to see our APM on the keyboard :D


plz take that back real quick...

anyways I'm really surprised by jca here. I always thought APM was born since the beginning of RTS.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
Rex 125
Codebar 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2754
Shuttle 1437
EffOrt 926
BeSt 705
Light 426
Mini 403
ggaemo 341
Stork 276
ZerO 253
firebathero 242
[ Show more ]
Rush 167
Barracks 135
Sea.KH 82
Zeus 65
Killer 63
Shine 55
Dewaltoss 55
Hyun 39
Mong 33
Shinee 31
Yoon 31
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 28
Sexy 27
sorry 22
Bale 22
soO 21
Terrorterran 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 11
yabsab 9
zelot 6
Dota 2
qojqva3834
Dendi1786
BananaSlamJamma392
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes589
Other Games
singsing2229
hiko1208
Liquid`RaSZi1151
B2W.Neo870
Lowko357
Liquid`VortiX224
Sick167
ArmadaUGS124
Trikslyr23
ZerO(Twitch)12
Mew2King10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream558
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile116
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2202
• Nemesis1911
• TFBlade657
Other Games
• WagamamaTV288
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
53m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 53m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.