• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:07
CEST 17:07
KST 00:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon104
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7926 users

Who 'invented' APM - Page 15

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next All
BROotogy
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Eritrea149 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-26 11:31:21
December 26 2010 11:23 GMT
#281
On December 02 2010 18:30 Acritter wrote:
Congrats for inventing perhaps the most pervasively misguiding element of skill in Starcraft bar cutesy strategies, I guess... I just wish there was some way to measure USEFUL APM, so mid-level players would stop spamming and learn to play.

It is cool to see how important TL.net is, though. Whatever starts here ends up in the entire American Starcraft community at the very least, the most recent example being the 7 Roach Rush (posted on TL.net, created by a program posted on TL.net, if my sources are correct) which has been a little FotM rush for a while now.
+ Show Spoiler +
You could say we're the /b/ of Starcraft.
+ Show Spoiler +
Only good, of course.


Lol. You ever heard of EAPM? Well, after looking at your join date... probably not.
I wasn't on TL at the time bwchart was made but I remember jca for sometime, and it was for something big, and now I know what it was :D. Good job jca, you shaped the whole community, and you really should have put a copyright on APM lol!


On December 02 2010 19:06 Shikyo wrote:
Aah, my posting has been so bad lately but the first few pages of this thread make me feel slightly better. =P

I absolutely loved BWChart, I remember when I first had only 40 apm and then checked my APM after every game until I finally hit my record of about 250 apm. I wasn't around back then, but I'm sure that the realization of APM had an effect on quite a few people. I really appreciate what you've done for the community, BWChart was something I used daily back when I played SCBW. I guess it must feel great to have Blizzard include an APM feature in their replays(despite it being wrong) since you've pretty much developed them.

I really wish I could find out my EAPM in SC2 as well, though... I don't think there's a reliable way yet. By the way, I believe that the original concept of EAPM was developed by some russian program called Repinfo, but I really am not sure and apologize if I'm incorrect.


bwrepinfo
GravityThree
Profile Joined September 2010
5 Posts
December 26 2010 11:39 GMT
#282
Day 9

User was warned for this post
shucklesors
Profile Joined May 2010
Singapore1176 Posts
December 26 2010 17:52 GMT
#283
wow, serious props to you man, always kinda knew apm was a spawn of TL but didnt know that we had its creator right here
btw, ive always wondered, does the OSL or MSL use your program as well?
Landok
Profile Joined November 2010
11 Posts
December 26 2010 17:54 GMT
#284
Wow. I am really glad the acronym changed to apm instead of act/min. lol
kerpal
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom2695 Posts
December 26 2010 17:59 GMT
#285
Does this keep getting bumped cause everyone loves the red print on the front page?
MrShank
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada144 Posts
December 30 2010 22:04 GMT
#286
Can people please just read the thread properly, no one cares about your opinion on the keyboard.
I want to kno, where did it come from??? OP please update with valuable posts!


User was temp banned for this post.
Relax - its just a game
ch33psh33p
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
7650 Posts
December 30 2010 22:08 GMT
#287
On December 31 2010 07:04 MrShank wrote:
Can people please just read the thread properly, no one cares about your opinion on the keyboard.
I want to kno, where did it come from??? OP please update with valuable posts!


Wow, learn to read the first post yourself please.
secret - never again
decaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria1797 Posts
December 30 2010 22:17 GMT
#288
Wow, this guy "invented" apm?
Must have been a lot of work to write a program measuring the apm back in bw. Kudos.
CptCutter
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom370 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-30 22:23:51
December 30 2010 22:23 GMT
#289
i wouldnt say anybody invented apm. especially SC:BW. its like saying, who invented walking? its something that the earliest man did, but was only given a name when it was thought about. same with strategy games and APM.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
December 30 2010 22:25 GMT
#290
I actually ended up reading the threads linked in the OP and had a fun APM history lesson. Boxer replays being analyzed for the first time with 131 APM must have been awesome at the time. It's funny how far players have come. Also funny how a quick warning from an Admin can lead to such sweet reads.


Haha so many warnings, c'mon people read the post properly

I did not know that the term APM originated here, thanks. Also thanks, did not realize the OP had links xD

But wow, Boxer had only 131 APM? I've only played BW competitively for like 50 hours max, including observing... and I have 180 APM as Zerg. (May be that's why, since he's Terran).

Well anyways the level he played at with 131 APM, that's pretty amazing

@OP
Agreed, cheers for TL community! =D
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
December 30 2010 22:47 GMT
#291
I don't understand why people can't discuss the Razer thingy here, its part of the op, you guys are too uptight imo

And Yeah Yoshi you wouldn't believe it but BW was about strategy much more than mechanics before 1.08 when replay function was implemented, strategies got standardized and mechanics became equally or even more important Grrrr, or Garimto were notorious 120-160 apm guys that owned hard without clicking like madmen
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
Herculix
Profile Joined May 2010
United States946 Posts
December 30 2010 22:57 GMT
#292
that's actually pretty awesome i'd say. since i only came in from SC2, and my experience with BW is pretty much 99% games that were played in the last 3 years at proleague and such, i had no idea that APM was not actually always a part of starcraft.

i had assumed all of this time, with how much of a fuss people make over it, that it was always something important to some extent within the game. would've never learned about your contribution without this thread. awesome <3

and even more awesome is how much of an amazing ban trap this thread has become. this thead has improved TL in so many ways, hahaha
infinity2k9
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom2397 Posts
December 31 2010 00:08 GMT
#293
On December 31 2010 07:25 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
Show nested quote +
I actually ended up reading the threads linked in the OP and had a fun APM history lesson. Boxer replays being analyzed for the first time with 131 APM must have been awesome at the time. It's funny how far players have come. Also funny how a quick warning from an Admin can lead to such sweet reads.


Haha so many warnings, c'mon people read the post properly

I did not know that the term APM originated here, thanks. Also thanks, did not realize the OP had links xD

But wow, Boxer had only 131 APM? I've only played BW competitively for like 50 hours max, including observing... and I have 180 APM as Zerg. (May be that's why, since he's Terran).

Well anyways the level he played at with 131 APM, that's pretty amazing

@OP
Agreed, cheers for TL community! =D


Actually that's really surprisingly cause Terran bio really should be as high as Z especially at lower level, can't believe it.
charlie420247
Profile Joined November 2009
United States692 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-31 01:22:52
December 31 2010 01:12 GMT
#294
ya know back when i played brood war, bw charts really made things much easier for me and helped me alot. also loved the anti hack feature that helped open my eyes to how many hackers were on b net and ultimately got me to start playing iccup. and its only then on the iccup ladder that i started getting REALLY interested in bw and also only then did i start actually getting good.

cheers to JCA and to TL and its mods!!!!! thank you for all the hard work and dedication.

ps what happend to your old account jc did you forget the nick and pass???

On December 02 2010 18:34 integral wrote:
Amazing thread so far. I <3 bwchart and still use it every time I play broodwar. Amongst TL members we manage to have a pretty awesome group here -- all the streamers, quality posters, translators, moderators, the players, the fans, and even the noobs who don't have any idea how to read a thread, you guys make this a place worth returning to day in and day out.

Cheers TL!


this post made me laugh =D.
there are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont.
charlie420247
Profile Joined November 2009
United States692 Posts
December 31 2010 01:24 GMT
#295
On December 02 2010 22:16 Laforge wrote:
I dont understand all the warnings.

Normally TL warnings makes perfect sense but can the staff please explain why there are this many warnings???




because people are just blabbin there ass hat off and not reading the OP. you obviously didnt read it either or even the subsuqent pages or else the red text would prolly make sense. perfect sense actually.
there are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont.
XsebT
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Denmark2980 Posts
December 31 2010 04:37 GMT
#296
About boxer's apm (mentioned in some posts earlier)...
[image loading]
...Stop calling out bullshit.

131 my ass.

I can't speak for when replays and the term "apm" didn't excist, but I think it's reasonable to imagine it's higher than 131.
화이팅
mnck
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark1518 Posts
December 31 2010 06:07 GMT
#297
It's because of threads like these TL.net is awesome, haha.

Well done
@Munck
slmw
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Finland233 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-31 06:27:15
December 31 2010 06:22 GMT
#298
On December 31 2010 13:37 XsebT wrote:
About boxer's apm (mentioned in some posts earlier)...
...Stop calling out bullshit.

131 my ass.

I can't speak for when replays and the term "apm" didn't excist, but I think it's reasonable to imagine it's higher than 131.


In the original APM thread, there were people posting different APMs, and they said top players had below 200.

Edit: The 131 APM is mentioned here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=62746
Forester
Profile Joined September 2010
United States116 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-31 06:34:36
December 31 2010 06:32 GMT
#299
On December 31 2010 13:37 XsebT wrote:
About boxer's apm (mentioned in some posts earlier)...
[image loading]
...Stop calling out bullshit.

131 my ass.

I can't speak for when replays and the term "apm" didn't excist, but I think it's reasonable to imagine it's higher than 131.



And here I was all proud with my 99 APM's What I would give to be able to click like that...

Great thread OP, that's some cool stuff

Off-topic: is that Liquid-Nazgul? O.o
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
Ichabod
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1659 Posts
December 31 2010 06:37 GMT
#300
On December 31 2010 15:32 Forester wrote:
Off-topic: is that Liquid-Nazgul? O.o


Yes Nazgul played in korea in the early years.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Nazgul
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
Rex 125
Codebar 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2754
Shuttle 1437
EffOrt 926
BeSt 705
Light 426
Mini 403
ggaemo 341
Stork 276
ZerO 253
firebathero 242
[ Show more ]
Rush 167
Barracks 135
Sea.KH 82
Zeus 65
Killer 63
Shine 55
Dewaltoss 55
Hyun 39
Mong 33
Shinee 31
Yoon 31
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 28
Sexy 27
sorry 22
Bale 22
soO 21
Terrorterran 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 11
yabsab 9
zelot 6
Dota 2
qojqva3834
Dendi1786
BananaSlamJamma392
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes589
Other Games
singsing2229
hiko1208
Liquid`RaSZi1151
B2W.Neo870
Lowko357
Liquid`VortiX224
Sick167
ArmadaUGS124
Trikslyr23
ZerO(Twitch)12
Mew2King10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream558
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile116
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2202
• Nemesis1911
• TFBlade657
Other Games
• WagamamaTV288
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
53m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 53m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.