• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:30
CEST 18:30
KST 01:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9497 users

Overlay for streamers - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
November 29 2010 16:02 GMT
#121
saw craton using this today during the skt vs wmf match, it was very nice - definitely better looking than notepad haha
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
haegN
Profile Joined July 2009
Norway547 Posts
November 29 2010 16:18 GMT
#122
Thanks thanks thanks!!
None can give you skills, ubermicro, wins or anything. If you are man - you take it!
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
November 29 2010 16:57 GMT
#123
On November 30 2010 01:02 Antoine wrote:
saw craton using this today during the skt vs wmf match, it was very nice - definitely better looking than notepad haha

Hey now, don't hate on the gosupad.

I, too, would like to figure out a way to get it to show up without having to captured layered windows, though.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Noam
Profile Joined September 2010
Israel2209 Posts
November 29 2010 20:32 GMT
#124
Hi, great features in the new update! Thanks for listening to the suggestions
I've encountered a tiny problem. You allow for up-to 9 characters in the name field (truncating the rest) for each player when battlenet allows more (12? 14? not sure).
IMO a good way to fix this would be to allow resizing the window. It would also fix this "bug" and add the feature which I'm sure some are looking forward to.
Liquipedia
nodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark43 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-30 15:45:32
November 30 2010 15:28 GMT
#125
On November 28 2010 05:21 Xeris wrote:
I can't find the notrans thing you're talking about, do you have a direct link?

This is for everyone having trouble finding the so called "notrans" version.

Its on the download page, theres two downloads right next to (above/below) each other, look here:
[image loading]
1) The recommended download (this one has transparency, and autoupdates).

2) The "no transparency version" - for the people that cant capture layered / transparent windows - Please note that this version does not auto update.

Normal download link (for the above screenshot):
http://streamermatch.codeplex.com/releases/view/56270

Direct link for the "notrans" version (v0.2.0):
http://streamermatch.codeplex.com/releases/56270/download/171375

Edit:
Added the urls
Knowing is half the game.
nodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark43 Posts
November 30 2010 15:40 GMT
#126
On November 29 2010 11:07 Benjilol wrote:
Love the overlay, using the notrans version so it works with livestream procaster, and have started uploading vods using it (youtube.com/benjisc2).

One request I have is to remove the windows beep sound when entering score (Might also happen with player names but not 100% sure), its only a small thing but is slightly annoying I don't code at all, so if i can do this on my end I would be grateful if you quickly told me how!

Great work otherwise, thanks for providing it as a free service!

On November 28 2010 22:54 Absentis wrote:
Dear Nodash,

We love your overlay and are using it for our scReddit Open tournament VODs, some of which are already uploaded to the scReddit blip channel.

Thank you,
scReddit


Thank you guys so much for letting me know, its always nice to see it in action! I will look at the vods as soon as im done replying to people


On November 29 2010 11:07 Benjilol wrote:
Love the overlay, using the notrans version so it works with livestream procaster, and have started uploading vods using it (youtube.com/benjisc2).

One request I have is to remove the windows beep sound when entering score (Might also happen with player names but not 100% sure), its only a small thing but is slightly annoying I don't code at all, so if i can do this on my end I would be grateful if you quickly told me how!

Great work otherwise, thanks for providing it as a free service!

Thanks for the kind words
I haven't put any sound into the application, so what you might hear is the windows standard sounds (which most people have probably disabled). You can disable those here (for windows 7):
control panel->sounds->sound tab->choose "no sounds" in the drop-down menu - this will remove all windows sounds (ie. startup and shutdown sounds etc. as well). I dont have a XP / Vista machine available, but its somewhere around the same place (you can definately google "disable windows sounds for xp/vista").

On November 29 2010 23:42 Craton wrote:
Ah, I should really check if I'm the last post in the thread before making additional replies...

Show nested quote +
On November 26 2010 07:56 djWHEAT wrote:
Maybe I'm crazy, but is anyone else having problems moving it with the new version? I've gone to options and verified that the box "Movable" is checked. Am I missing something silly?

It's movable, but apparently only when you click on certain spots.

Ctrl+M doesn't work for me, at all.

In any event, I'm pretty solid with .NET and I finish exams in little under two weeks, so if you'd like some help send a PM my way.


Ah yes, I've seen the issues with moving it now, and I'll have it fixed in the next version (it doesnt handle the drag on some of the new/changed controls - ie. the new score thingy).

Craton, you're most welcome to help, I'd love that - I'll PM you

On November 30 2010 05:32 Noam wrote:
Hi, great features in the new update! Thanks for listening to the suggestions
I've encountered a tiny problem. You allow for up-to 9 characters in the name field (truncating the rest) for each player when battlenet allows more (12? 14? not sure).
IMO a good way to fix this would be to allow resizing the window. It would also fix this "bug" and add the feature which I'm sure some are looking forward to.

As a quick fix, I have implemented a feature where you can resize the text of the players, which should work for now. Making it resize is a bit more tricky due to the way the user interface is set up, but it will definately come eventually
The text resizing will come in the next hotfix.
Knowing is half the game.
FrodaN
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
754 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 05:46:53
December 01 2010 23:34 GMT
#127
Hey I noticed that if you try to add a score through hotkey (Ctrl + f5 for example), it crashes the program. Maybe its just for me, but I thought I would give you a heads up.
nodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark43 Posts
December 02 2010 13:45 GMT
#128
On December 02 2010 08:34 FrodaN wrote:
Hey I noticed that if you try to add a score through hotkey (Ctrl + f5 for example), it crashes the program. Maybe its just for me, but I thought I would give you a heads up.

Yep, i know, sadly I didnt catch that before release, but I found the error and fixed it.

It will arrive in the v0.3.0 version (the next release).
Knowing is half the game.
nodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark43 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 17:49:00
December 02 2010 17:48 GMT
#129
I'm happy to announce the release of the v0.3.0 version!

This includes all fixes to issues mentioned in this thread, as well as a lot of the features requested. If you guys need to contact me fast, I'm almost always available on skype, and my skype id is nodashdk (can be found in the about box of the app as well).

Link is in the top section of the first post.

/nodash
Knowing is half the game.
Moderas
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States78 Posts
December 05 2010 05:50 GMT
#130
Even with the no trans version livestream procaster did not capture the overlay, in either windowed or full screen mode, which I find odd... I actually havnt gotten the overlay to work yet with Livestream, has anyone else?
rezyn8
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia216 Posts
December 07 2010 07:37 GMT
#131
nodash - well done on a fantastic app! Keep up the great work!

I had the same problem with LiveStream when testing this app (notrans version) last night. I can't see any settings within procaster to show the overlay.

A couple of other items I would like to see in the app is the ability to add a logo and also a section to display the map name.

Also, as a general question to everyone out there, I would like to use this in replay commentary and HD recording in tools like FRAPS. Does anyone know if it is possible to capture overlays in FRAPS or is there another recording tool I should use to do this?
Silicon Sports Founder :: siliconsports.net :: @rezyn8
nodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark43 Posts
December 08 2010 01:14 GMT
#132
On December 07 2010 16:37 rezyn8 wrote:
nodash - well done on a fantastic app! Keep up the great work!

I had the same problem with LiveStream when testing this app (notrans version) last night. I can't see any settings within procaster to show the overlay.

A couple of other items I would like to see in the app is the ability to add a logo and also a section to display the map name.

Also, as a general question to everyone out there, I would like to use this in replay commentary and HD recording in tools like FRAPS. Does anyone know if it is possible to capture overlays in FRAPS or is there another recording tool I should use to do this?

Hmm, I gotta look in to the notrans thing again, im pretty sure it worked in earlier versions (can someone please confirm?).

The map name section is a good idea, but the logo I was thinking of putting into the StreamerOverlay which will hit soon(ish) - that should be used to make overlays on ie. replay bar (not that needed anymore), command button bar, portrait, and every other place you might like it (you can move around, resize etc, but it will have some default placements for your convenience).

I have some guys using this with fraps, but as far as I know theres no streaming app out there that can do it, so I added the next best thing in mine - you can use the screenshot feature to save a screenshot of the app as it looks now, and then put that over your video in a video edit application - You can take a screenshot with F11 (if im not mistaking, I dont have it near me on this computer (its in the right click menu as well, in tools as far as i remember).

Cheers!
Knowing is half the game.
Basic
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada288 Posts
December 08 2010 02:08 GMT
#133
This super awesome, well made guys!
SageFantasma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States383 Posts
December 08 2010 02:21 GMT
#134
I look forward to using this in my next cast! Awesome idea, huge thanks for this, definitely an awesome idea. +1 internets for you!
rezyn8
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia216 Posts
December 08 2010 03:36 GMT
#135
Thanks nodash - looking forward to the StreamerOverlay release. Will play around with FRAPS and vDub.
Silicon Sports Founder :: siliconsports.net :: @rezyn8
PaPoolee
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands660 Posts
December 08 2010 04:07 GMT
#136
I'm sorry about i just don't get this, is it for streamers or for casters? i mean can i stream my 1v1 ladder games while this is on? :O.
rezyn8
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia216 Posts
December 08 2010 09:16 GMT
#137
Yes you can stream your game with this but I don't really see the point as the overlay shows what the status is of the match - ie Best of 3 match and the players are tied 1-1 and are now playing ithe decider.

It applcation is mostly for tournaments and analysing replays while casting/streaming them. Similar to the GSL overlay in their matches.
Silicon Sports Founder :: siliconsports.net :: @rezyn8
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
December 10 2010 06:30 GMT
#138
Is there any way to make this so that I can change the display without having StreamerMatch as the active window ? I always have to tab to it, which is okay, but it'd be so nice if I could just press F1, change the name, etcetera.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
nodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark43 Posts
December 10 2010 10:25 GMT
#139
On December 10 2010 15:30 Wolf wrote:
Is there any way to make this so that I can change the display without having StreamerMatch as the active window ? I always have to tab to it, which is okay, but it'd be so nice if I could just press F1, change the name, etcetera.

Not really - that would mean you couldnt use those hotkeys in _any_ applications - however, theres a global hotkey to give the app focus (I think its ctrl+alt+F10) (that way you dont have to alt-tab to it or click it with the mouse).

Regards,
Nodash
Knowing is half the game.
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
December 10 2010 10:32 GMT
#140
On December 10 2010 19:25 nodash wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2010 15:30 Wolf wrote:
Is there any way to make this so that I can change the display without having StreamerMatch as the active window ? I always have to tab to it, which is okay, but it'd be so nice if I could just press F1, change the name, etcetera.

Not really - that would mean you couldnt use those hotkeys in _any_ applications - however, theres a global hotkey to give the app focus (I think its ctrl+alt+F10) (that way you dont have to alt-tab to it or click it with the mouse).

Regards,
Nodash


Works perfectly. Thanks!
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
UpATreeSC 105
BRAT_OK 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4265
Bisu 1848
Soulkey 1459
EffOrt 924
Mini 671
Larva 401
Horang2 375
ZerO 350
actioN 204
ggaemo 175
[ Show more ]
Yoon 115
Shinee 101
Mind 94
hero 76
Sharp 70
Sea.KH 64
sorry 61
Snow 51
Barracks 45
Hyun 39
Bale 29
Trap 27
Terrorterran 25
ToSsGirL 22
NaDa 17
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5926
Dendi1172
420jenkins296
XaKoH 227
League of Legends
Reynor81
Counter-Strike
fl0m3642
x6flipin754
Fnx 673
pashabiceps203
edward27
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes400
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1388
hiko950
FrodaN446
B2W.Neo395
XBOCT200
Livibee168
QueenE108
TKL 100
Mew2King51
C9.Mang022
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV180
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV678
League of Legends
• Nemesis3877
• TFBlade649
Other Games
• Shiphtur488
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 30m
Patches Events
23h 30m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.