• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:03
CEST 21:03
KST 04:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War315.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8300 users

The Adopt A Noob Program and Zergman's Stream - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
Comma20
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia138 Posts
December 20 2010 09:36 GMT
#61
Signed up as a Terran Mentor on SEA (2350 atm)

I off race as both Protoss and Zerg in Team Games though, so if you'd like some sort of help on general game-play/macro/decision making, I'm willing to help!
Fist
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands235 Posts
December 20 2010 10:02 GMT
#62
Signed in as a Silver European noob=)
Have you ever realized just how insignificant your existence on this planet really is?
TibblesEvilCat
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom766 Posts
December 20 2010 10:18 GMT
#63
ditto
Live Fast Die Young :D
morimacil
Profile Joined March 2010
France921 Posts
December 20 2010 11:11 GMT
#64
european mentor for platinum and below now available - morimacil 822
make sure you have vent, cose I cba to type!
Asx32
Profile Joined May 2010
Poland24 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-20 18:35:25
December 20 2010 17:04 GMT
#65
Anybody wants to adopt me?
Asx.832
Anomalist0032
Profile Joined October 2010
United States47 Posts
December 21 2010 10:50 GMT
#66
Im a platinum protoss ( i feel like im on the verge of promotion. Mostly playing diamonds now and still winning about 60% currently) I signed up as a noob and mentor.

Anyone below plat looking for a lil advice Id be willing to help out just msg me on bnet.

Love this idea.

Id: Anomalist
CC: 514
SV: Na
"Hope is the denial of reality, the carrot dangled in front of the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it."
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
December 21 2010 10:55 GMT
#67
Anybody that wants me to try to help them you can PM me.
I'm already helping someone else by looking at their replays and just giving general advice.
I don't mind helping beginners as we all have been beginners at some point eh
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
Mr.Brightside
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia317 Posts
December 21 2010 11:49 GMT
#68
This is such an awesome idea, I wish I could participate but I don't have a PC that can run SC2 atm.
"Makin' Pylons, Makin' Probes, Fightin' Round The World" - Russell Crowe
Sadistx
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Zimbabwe5568 Posts
December 21 2010 12:01 GMT
#69
I've had i think 4 students from this, all in different leagues, bronze, silver, plat and diamond.

The main problem is that none of them were willing to actually spend any time to become better and went back to playing 2v2s and UMS as soon as i've shown them a few good build orders and had them obs games between high diamond players demonstrating the build orders.

Many noobs probably thought that having a mentor is going to be some magic pill to let them jump 2 leagues ahead, and were disappointed when they found out it actually took effort on their part.
kidd
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States2848 Posts
December 21 2010 12:10 GMT
#70
I signed up on the spread sheet as mentor/practice partner, but figure i'll put my stuff here as well. I don't ladder due to time, but I regularly beat 1800-2000 diamonds I run into in customs so I'd say I'm somewhere around there. I have time for the next two weeks so I figure why not help people out. I think I'm better at teaching than I actually am at the game.

ID: Autumn
Character code: 448
Race: Zerg main, laddered as random all through beta though
Server: NA

Feel free to pm me here or on bnet anytime.
Hi
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-21 12:14:50
December 21 2010 12:13 GMT
#71
Signed up as a mentor (2000 diamond), hopefully I can find a dedicated bronze/silver player to help improve

ID: Hivemind
Character code: 952
Race: Protoss main, laddered as random from bronze to diamond though
Server: EU

Feel free to pm me here or on bnet anytime :D
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
freestalker
Profile Joined March 2010
469 Posts
December 21 2010 12:22 GMT
#72
this thing is great. I think when they implement chat channels, such activity would eventually evolve on its own. In my short time of noobish iccup playing I got a mentor in like 2 weeks was fun. all you needed were chat channels and I didn't even really push it.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
December 21 2010 12:28 GMT
#73
On December 21 2010 21:01 Sadistx wrote:
I've had i think 4 students from this, all in different leagues, bronze, silver, plat and diamond.

The main problem is that none of them were willing to actually spend any time to become better and went back to playing 2v2s and UMS as soon as i've shown them a few good build orders and had them obs games between high diamond players demonstrating the build orders.

Many noobs probably thought that having a mentor is going to be some magic pill to let them jump 2 leagues ahead, and were disappointed when they found out it actually took effort on their part.

common problem from people new to RTS. if I knew I had a couple people who were dedicated I would like to do it, but everyone drops out or loses interest eventually.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
kidd
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States2848 Posts
December 21 2010 14:45 GMT
#74
On December 21 2010 21:01 Sadistx wrote:
I've had i think 4 students from this, all in different leagues, bronze, silver, plat and diamond.

The main problem is that none of them were willing to actually spend any time to become better and went back to playing 2v2s and UMS as soon as i've shown them a few good build orders and had them obs games between high diamond players demonstrating the build orders.

Many noobs probably thought that having a mentor is going to be some magic pill to let them jump 2 leagues ahead, and were disappointed when they found out it actually took effort on their part.


I find this a little hard to believe and odd, but understandable. I have a lot of friends who want to get better and can't because they won't put the effort in, but they never go out of their way like reading through teamliquid and signing up for things like this so I just think that's odd that someone would do all this then not put the time/effort in.
Hi
Cowgod2007
Profile Joined September 2010
United States9 Posts
December 22 2010 01:45 GMT
#75
signed up as a noob (im plat). willing to mentor silver and bronze players. i need help with my tvt
youtube.com/multicheesenips
jamesmax
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada72 Posts
December 22 2010 01:52 GMT
#76
2300 Diamond zerg willing to help out lower players. my good matchups are probably zvz and zvp at the current level i'm at i have trouble with zvt so if your looking for advice on higher level zvt im probably not for you haha. NA american server IUx.746
I am a constructor, what is army?
OsC
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada542 Posts
December 22 2010 01:54 GMT
#77
Looking for someone to help me take my game to next level. Im not a noob but I still feel like I can get better.

im currently 2850 diamond
Kelsin
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States253 Posts
December 22 2010 02:05 GMT
#78
Where is the choice for both?

I'm a low diamond and would want to sign up as both. I wouldn't mind helping "noobs" with things I had trouble with, while at the same time I would love to get help from those way above me etc.
Zergmans.Den
Profile Joined November 2010
United States31 Posts
December 22 2010 20:28 GMT
#79
On December 22 2010 11:05 Kelsin wrote:
Where is the choice for both?

I'm a low diamond and would want to sign up as both. I wouldn't mind helping "noobs" with things I had trouble with, while at the same time I would love to get help from those way above me etc.

You just submit two seperate entries..do one for noob and then submit a 2nd for mentor.

Also for those that are interested once we get chat channels I'm going to try to set one up where everyone in the program can meet. For now people have been meeting in my stream ustream.tv/channel/zegman then either watching or finding a mentor/noob and leaving from there to go practice.
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-22 20:49:57
December 22 2010 20:49 GMT
#80
signed up as a protoss mentor , happy holidays everyone
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 556
ProTech144
UpATreeSC 79
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19316
Calm 3562
Mini 437
Mind 80
910 67
Free 62
soO 35
Trap 32
Aegong 20
Dota 2
Gorgc5746
canceldota54
Counter-Strike
fl0m6220
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3601
Other Games
FrodaN904
Beastyqt564
Liquid`Hasu278
Khaldor211
Livibee193
C9.Mang0153
Trikslyr112
RotterdaM111
IndyStarCraft 104
QueenE65
ZombieGrub35
BRAT_OK 25
MindelVK12
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 21
• FirePhoenix13
• Michael_bg 1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2441
• WagamamaTV252
League of Legends
• Nemesis1868
Other Games
• imaqtpie804
• Shiphtur711
• Scarra240
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 57m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 57m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 57m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.