• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:15
CEST 10:15
KST 17:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6635 users

The Adopt A Noob Program and Zergman's Stream - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Focuzed
Profile Joined September 2010
United States22 Posts
November 19 2010 08:36 GMT
#21
I just signed up as a noob. I have 1200 games played and still am only top 3 bronze. It sucks. I had another name that was middle silver but I got reclassified into the bronze. I watch Sean every night and even have some of his protoss saved on my phone to watch at work while Im working and I still can't get out of bronze. I would love to evolve my game and get it where it needs to be. I have the skills just for some reason can't seem to put them to use.
"Fear is an illusion" - Dark Templar
storm44
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
1293 Posts
November 19 2010 08:43 GMT
#22
I signed up, very cool what ur doing
Zergmans.Den
Profile Joined November 2010
United States31 Posts
November 19 2010 20:36 GMT
#23
On November 19 2010 16:59 masterbreti wrote:
signed up as a noob, hopefully i will get matche dup shortly, can't wait


If you read through the program I currently don't do the matching. I plan to have that feature implemented once the website is up, but for the meantime the best way is to message a bunch of people from the spreadsheet and find times they can get with you to practice.


On November 19 2010 17:22 Zerksys wrote:
I see a distinct lack of diamond players who signed up as a noob. Am I not allowed to sign up for noob if I'm diamond


Anyone can sign up for anything. I've noticed a lot of diamond players don't think they need help or don't think anyone will sign up that is capable of helping aka a higher level diamond player.
silencesc
Profile Joined July 2010
United States464 Posts
November 19 2010 20:44 GMT
#24
Im Platinum...does that make me ineligible for noobdom? I haven't seem much but gold and silver on the noob list...but I know I'm bad xD
Real Men Proxy Gate | TEAM LIQUID HWITINGGGG!! PROUD MEMBER OF UC DAVIS CSL TEAM | "If you don't give a shit about what gum you eat, buy Stride" - Liquid`Tyler on SotG 4/19/2011
Zergmans.Den
Profile Joined November 2010
United States31 Posts
November 19 2010 21:09 GMT
#25
On November 20 2010 05:44 silencesc wrote:
Im Platinum...does that make me ineligible for noobdom? I haven't seem much but gold and silver on the noob list...but I know I'm bad xD


Read the post above yours
uSnAmplified
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1029 Posts
November 19 2010 21:16 GMT
#26
Been wanting to learn T so i signed up as noob for that race, hopefully this works out and helps me learn a new race
~
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
November 19 2010 21:28 GMT
#27
how are you defining "noob"? I scanned the list and i see gold and plat players wanting to be a mentor. that's just not right...
Gemini_19
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1262 Posts
November 19 2010 21:30 GMT
#28
Lol...the name alone makes this organization win.

I signed up as a mentor.
@GGemini19 GM Protoss | http://www.twitch.tv/geminisc2 | I <333 HerO & Trap | Check out my Build of the Week series on /r/allthingsprotoss, TL, or Spawning Tool
thesideshow
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
930 Posts
November 19 2010 22:40 GMT
#29
im diamond... signed up as a noob... there's still so much to learn!
OGS:levelchange
Moosey
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States186 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 22:56:52
November 19 2010 22:52 GMT
#30
Signed up as a Protoss mentor. I did something very similar to this for L4D, created a group called "Community 4 Fame" which grew to some success. OP, if you're looking for any help; I'm sure I could be of some assistance.
Nevaros
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada3 Posts
November 19 2010 22:54 GMT
#31
I just signed up as a noob. Plat Zerg :D Sounds like a cool project.
Zergmans.Den
Profile Joined November 2010
United States31 Posts
November 19 2010 23:00 GMT
#32
On November 20 2010 06:28 caelym wrote:
how are you defining "noob"? I scanned the list and i see gold and plat players wanting to be a mentor. that's just not right...


Noob is anyone that wants to get better at their game, mentor is anyone that thinks they have something valuable to offer someone wanting to get better. There are Diamond Noobs, aka I would be a Noob when compared to a high level Diamond or Pro.

I don't see why a Gold or Platinum can't help a Bronze player improve. Usually the Bronze players I've been with just need help with basic play like scouting, mineral saturation, basic micro, macro etc. and Gold/Platinum players can help them learn some of those things.

Just because your skill level isn't Diamond doesn't mean your don't have that level of knowledge. I can watch Pros play and point out mistakes they made in their play and I don't have to be a Pro to notice it.
StateSC2
Profile Joined September 2010
Korea (South)621 Posts
November 22 2010 06:13 GMT
#33
Great program. Be sure to sign up and check the stream! It's fun, informative, and well worth the time.
Fireblast!: "This guy is pointless and wonderful"
Reborn58
Profile Joined August 2010
United States238 Posts
November 22 2010 07:07 GMT
#34
Can I sign up as a noob and a mentor?
That's what she said
flowandebb
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada158 Posts
November 22 2010 07:20 GMT
#35
Signed up as a noob.
MuffinFTW
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States235 Posts
November 22 2010 08:05 GMT
#36
This is awesome, I signed up as a noob.
zPret
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark1 Post
November 22 2010 16:54 GMT
#37
Cool project, going to sign up as noob
If you need help with the website or anything, let me know
Zergmans.Den
Profile Joined November 2010
United States31 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-22 17:03:03
November 22 2010 17:02 GMT
#38
On November 22 2010 16:07 Reborn58 wrote:
Can I sign up as a noob and a mentor?


Yes the spreadsheet allows for multiple entries so simply enter your info as a noob for the races you want then enter as a mentor for the races you want the 2nd time.
hyunGGe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States108 Posts
November 23 2010 03:31 GMT
#39
im platinum so i guess i can kinda b both a mentor and a noob, but the thing said for options: mentor, noob, or neither.

im kinda confused...shouldnt neither b both?
Jugem-Jugem Shit-Tossing The Life Of Shin-chan's Two-Day-Old Underwear Balmung Fezalion Isaac Schneider 1/3True Love 2/3 Hangnail Anxiety Betrayal Knows My Name Or Does It Really Ignore Calls Squid Dogfish Halibut Trout-Cod Dogfish This Is a Different Dog
fcman
Profile Joined October 2010
United States35 Posts
November 23 2010 04:07 GMT
#40
I signed up as a noob
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3403
Rush 265
Soma 259
Killer 115
ToSsGirL 96
Mong 80
Shinee 29
Counter-Strike
ceh9564
byalli457
shoxiejesuss414
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King126
Other Games
summit1g7659
olofmeister653
WinterStarcraft562
Happy289
dupreeh238
Sick187
crisheroes121
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 47
• killerbeecast3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2287
League of Legends
• Jankos708
• Stunt442
Upcoming Events
OSC
14h 45m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 1h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.