• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:48
CEST 21:48
KST 04:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8213 users

The Adopt A Noob Program and Zergman's Stream - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Equious
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada1 Post
January 31 2011 14:18 GMT
#161
Silver
NA Server
Equious (ID: 370)
Zerg

I'm just a noob looking for a guiding light. I have a bonus pool in 1v1 around the 2000 range, so it's clear that a lot of my issues lie simply in not playing as many games as I should. Truth be told I'm a little intimidated by 1v1s and spend most of my time in team games. I've got, what I think to be, a pretty comprehensive idea of game mechanics, I'm just one of those people who spends more time talking about and watching SC2 than playing it I guess. If a mentor is available to push my skill level to the next plateau mechanically I would be endlessly grateful :D

Thanks!

Eq
Trust in the Forms and one's eyes will be open to truth, death is not but the cure to the ills of life.
kilokilo2
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1 Post
January 31 2011 22:36 GMT
#162
bronze
NA Server
kilokilo id 638
terran

hey ive been playing for a couple of weeks now and ive been improving but still need help i have skype if you want to talk and my time is free most of the time except for Fridays i will work hard if u want to help me out
dont leave me hagging
Corpro
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden5 Posts
February 03 2011 10:34 GMT
#163
Platinum
EU Server
Slemfitta: 191
Zerg

hey, im a recently promoted zerg player who would like some help with...well. pretty much everything, macro,interpreting scouting intel,how to analyze my replays, when to attack, when not to attack...stuff like that. should also be said that i am in a similar position like Equious. find 1v1s a bit scary hence havnt played that many games. but views a lot of streams and pro games. my personal goal is to eventually make it into masters, but havnt set up a time-table for it yet. ive got a lot of time on my hands so if your interested in helping me out just pm me it would be greatly appreciated!

and also, is there a "adopt a noob program" chat channel on the Eu server aswell? because i cant seem to find it

Cheers!

Money cannot buy happiness...it is happiness
teh_longinator
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada725 Posts
February 03 2011 10:40 GMT
#164
Gold
NA Server
TurkeyKnight . 718
Zerg

I am a zerg player who has been hovering around rank 1 gold for 3 months now. I want to get better, and have a giant list of everything I need to improve on and work on... which is pretty much everything micro AND macro. I want to learn, but if asked, have no issue teaching what little information I know about Zergs... I'm garb, but I'm still helpful

I've signed up with the "Adopt A Noob" program hoping that I can learn some, and hopefully get into Diamond one day
TheBigCheese-FR
Profile Joined January 2011
France2 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-04 03:45:30
February 04 2011 03:43 GMT
#165
Bronze
EU Server
TheBigCheese 155
Race: Terran

Hi, just signed up as a noob. I mostly play terran but some Zerg and Protoss too that I handle ok in 4v4. In 1v1 I stay with terran and have 21W/23L far and although I autoimproved some, I feel weak when playing low silver or high bronze. My economy is ok but I don't spend enough sometimes, micro needs big improvement, strategy and scouting are weakpoints too, and I'm sure a lot more is wrong

I speak English/French/German ...mentor, where are you? ^^
laegoose
Profile Joined June 2010
Russian Federation325 Posts
February 05 2011 03:53 GMT
#166
Masters 2950 terran
Skype laegoose
I'd like to train a native english speaker so I can improve my english a little bit.

Gold-platinum-low diamond terrans and gold-platinum zerg/toss are welcome.
I have only EU account, but if you are from NA it is still fine since we can talk and discuss your replays.
Kuror
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States399 Posts
February 05 2011 06:42 GMT
#167
Can I just go into the chatroom and find a mentor/practice partner, or do I have to sign up?
Rec73
Profile Joined October 2010
7 Posts
February 07 2011 07:37 GMT
#168
Masters 1800 Zerg
Grackasaurus.775 NA

Willing to help all leagues for Zerg and sub diamond leagues for Terran and Protoss. Just message me on SC2 or PM me here if you are interested.
Zoia
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States419 Posts
February 07 2011 11:22 GMT
#169
I'm not a noob but could I get someone like Jinro or Drewbie to adopt me so I can get rank one in my masters league Lol jk but this is actually a pretty cool idea sounds like it could be a lot of fun.
www.twitch.tv/starcraftsquad - Caster for Playhem.tv
Sid(TB)
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States314 Posts
February 07 2011 11:34 GMT
#170
FaYDe.787 3275+ (top 200) protoss, 3100 (T/Z) on smurf, i can train all races and would love to adopt a dedicated player, plz dont contact me if you arn't active with pretty low bonus pool, i dont care if ur bronze, but dont have 2k bonus pool lol. Ive already trained many friends from silver to masters with great success, i love helping out for 1-2 hours a day if i have the time, and i'd love to bring others to success and have fun xD

pm me here preferably and talk about a time to get together or just msg me online if u see me, ill try to start hanging out in the channel while im on.
rEAdY tO bE iNfEcTeD?
Broodie
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada832 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-07 11:53:19
February 07 2011 11:51 GMT
#171
Ill join the channel but remain a rogue ninja Mentor.

I've still got a lot to learn but I would love to help people that have a lot more to learn kudos^

damnit I forgot to mention my 400th post WHERE IS IT?!

BTW GSTL team is being streamed atm and its pretty damn sick
SilentLiquid.Broodie - Author of Tango Terminal, Ophilia RE, Cajun Quandary, & The Beneath
Zergmans.Den
Profile Joined November 2010
United States31 Posts
February 09 2011 04:43 GMT
#172
On February 05 2011 15:42 Kuror wrote:
Can I just go into the chatroom and find a mentor/practice partner, or do I have to sign up?

Sure feel free to try and find people any way possible. This is mostly just a way for people to meet up with similar interests
Straits
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom12 Posts
February 10 2011 00:06 GMT
#173
Gold
EU Server
Straits #905
Protoss

Hey, I picked up starcraft 2 at launch and I've been playing it casually since then but I would like to really put some effort in to getting better. I reached the gold league back in october/november but then had a break over christmas and havent managed to progress any higher since returning. I currently seem to really struggle with PvT and PvP and would love for anyone to give me some help. I signed up on your form and tried the channel but there is no one in there on the EU servers
"I like turtles!" - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/straits
theoneilfactor
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3 Posts
February 10 2011 03:26 GMT
#174
Bronze
NA server
Terran

Just signed up as a noob if any one has any interest in taking me under their wing PM me.
Get money fuck bitches
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 10 2011 04:11 GMT
#175
awesome idea just signed up
Comprissent
Profile Joined September 2010
United States314 Posts
February 10 2011 04:57 GMT
#176
No option to select "Master" in the sign up thread -_-

I do intend to mentor if possible, will just put diamond for now
He's French-Canadian, so he's gonna do fast expand into stupid zealot timing into something else gay
Alexhandr
Profile Joined October 2010
United States218 Posts
February 10 2011 05:01 GMT
#177
I r noob. Love me. <3
neokrana
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3 Posts
February 10 2011 09:35 GMT
#178
Neokrana.674
Gold
European Server
Protoss
Noob

I know the basics (i think), but i need someone to teach me what i can do better :-)
expertio
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11 Posts
February 11 2011 13:07 GMT
#179
Actually, we have a online system could be used to set up to do that efficiently.
It is not designed to do free coaching, but i guess it will work.

Basically the idea is to have an expert offer lessons, once the expert sign up, he or she will have a very short link which could be used to all the clients to book sessions. (e.g: http://ex.gs/4mVG5B) Anyone could book a session and the expert need to approve it. After that they could exchange information about the service. In our case, it will be the id in SC2.

The service is not necessarily free, you could set price for your service, but I suppose many of the players here would be happy to offer free service. If you would like to try, just go to http://expert.io

Hopefully, this would make the free coaching easier.

:-)
Expert.io - Marketplace for your expertise!
socommaster123
Profile Joined May 2010
United States578 Posts
February 25 2011 05:19 GMT
#180
Just signed up my name is sheppdog and Zergman said he would take me under his wing!
Idra White Ra Sheth DRG SaSe Thorzain GOGO!
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 601
ProTech175
UpATreeSC 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16491
Calm 3228
Mini 374
Mind 83
910 58
soO 42
Dota 2
Gorgc5534
canceldota65
monkeys_forever20
Counter-Strike
fl0m2303
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4055
Other Games
FrodaN789
Beastyqt548
olofmeister414
Liquid`Hasu306
Khaldor267
Livibee188
C9.Mang0164
IndyStarCraft 124
QueenE57
ZombieGrub53
BRAT_OK 39
MindelVK6
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• 80smullet 17
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2800
• WagamamaTV381
League of Legends
• Nemesis1692
Other Games
• imaqtpie941
• Shiphtur700
• Scarra536
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 13m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 13m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.