• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:35
CEST 22:35
KST 05:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8202 users

The Adopt A Noob Program and Zergman's Stream - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
CarachAngren
Profile Joined January 2011
United States84 Posts
January 23 2011 00:56 GMT
#141
Diamond zerg here (CarachAngren.973). I needed help when I was in gold and I can help other low level zergs get to diamond.

durza
Profile Joined August 2009
United States667 Posts
January 23 2011 03:15 GMT
#142
Low level silver player, I don't play a lot, but I'm hoping that with some people to practice with and learn from I will gain some motivation to start really getting in to the game.

Hit me up, my id is durza
AWakefield
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada420 Posts
January 23 2011 04:02 GMT
#143
I just signed up as a noob. I'm only gold, and I can't seem to get any better. Could use someone to help me out and break out of this funk.
Zergmans.Den
Profile Joined November 2010
United States31 Posts
January 23 2011 08:32 GMT
#144
On January 08 2011 17:19 xTraphik wrote:
OK so I have had the game for about a week and still haven't found anyone to really help me in-game. I was wondering if you could take the time to see how I play, one match is practice league and the other is a Co-op I have only been playing as Terran but have not selected a specific race. Still looking for people to play with in game that can help me improve =/. Please.

[Practice League] 2v2
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/125401-2v2-terran-zerg-novice-twilight-fortress
[Co-op]
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/125402-2v2-terran-protoss-scorched-haven

Traphik 876



I would love to help you just message me when youre on. For those of you that are wondering about masters league I forgot to add this so I'll try to contact the guy that made the spreadsheet for me and have it added. Also everyone feel free to meet channel "the adopt a noob program" in game. We have been getting more people in the channel and I'd like this to be a place everyone in the program logs on to and meets up with each other to practices, mentor, etc...
CASLsoju
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada253 Posts
January 23 2011 10:07 GMT
#145
On January 23 2011 13:02 AWakefield wrote:
I just signed up as a noob. I'm only gold, and I can't seem to get any better. Could use someone to help me out and break out of this funk.


1. Build orders
2. Reactionary play
3. Macro (minerals = 0)
4. Scouting
5. Adaptation

Enjoy masters league.
FYRE
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
New Zealand314 Posts
January 23 2011 10:11 GMT
#146
im a bronze zerg playing on the SEA server, and theres no one in the chat channel. If anyone on here plays on the SEA and would be willing to help me out it would be much appreciated.
413X
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden203 Posts
January 23 2011 15:27 GMT
#147
type to me KeX.538 if u want to be coached, europe. I'm protoss, so only protoss players.
The pro noob
Sourman
Profile Joined January 2011
Portugal9 Posts
January 23 2011 15:48 GMT
#148
Just added myself as a noob. Sourman 986 on the Europe server, playing Terran. Willing to learn anything you are willing to teach
snazbaz
Profile Joined October 2010
40 Posts
January 23 2011 16:10 GMT
#149
On January 23 2011 19:07 eveo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2011 13:02 AWakefield wrote:
I just signed up as a noob. I'm only gold, and I can't seem to get any better. Could use someone to help me out and break out of this funk.


1. Build orders
2. Reactionary play
3. Macro (minerals = 0)
4. Scouting
5. Adaptation

Enjoy masters league.


How is a list of basic skill categories useful to a newbie who doesn't know what is required to be good in these individual areas?

You might know that regularly missing workers for more than 1-2 seconds is bad, but a newbie might think that if he is always 1-3 seconds late it's okay and only 5-10 seconds is bad. Same applies to every aspect of play unless you quantify everything.

Fleish
Profile Joined January 2011
United States10 Posts
January 23 2011 16:29 GMT
#150
stupid question, but from the way this seems to be laid out, isn't this adopt a mentor?
i need a quote
parn
Profile Joined December 2010
France296 Posts
January 23 2011 17:27 GMT
#151
On January 24 2011 01:29 Fleish wrote:
stupid question, but from the way this seems to be laid out, isn't this adopt a mentor?


Hahaha nice one, i've noticed that too.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Innervision
Profile Joined January 2011
Belgium8 Posts
January 23 2011 18:17 GMT
#152
Just signed myself up as a noob
I always play protoss, know my basic tactics like 4 gate, 2 gate to robo...
I have trouble with some stuff... like terran wall in. I panic quickly, that's one major issue.
Signed myself under Converge - 474
Live.Love.Learn.
.pDub
Profile Joined January 2011
United States10 Posts
January 23 2011 20:10 GMT
#153
Signed up as a noob a while back. How long does it take to get a reply from someone?

Anyway im pretty new looking to get back into competitive gaming. Played previous mlg games on a pro level and would like to work twords that with sc2.

Anyone that would be willing to help me that would be great. Have the time/drive and i know what it takes to get to the top.

Ingame name is Oergg 745

Been trying out terran.
TORTOISE
Profile Joined December 2010
United States515 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-23 21:56:22
January 23 2011 21:55 GMT
#154
Signed up. I visited the chat channel and found some helpful people there as well! ^_^

Im TORTOISE 543 in game btw
◕ ‿‿ ◕ ๑•́ ₃ •̀๑ ( ͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡°)
METACYN
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1 Post
January 24 2011 07:57 GMT
#155
Signed myself up as a noob, literally only been playing a weak, low Bronze, looking to learn basics and then some, VERY competitive player =) Will prove ot be very useful.
"It Ends..."
woozie
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden53 Posts
January 24 2011 19:08 GMT
#156
Been into the chat channel on EU a few times. Usually not more than a few people online though ...

This seems cool though. I would be interested in both helping people and perhaps helping improving a bit myself
giranimo
Profile Joined January 2011
1 Post
January 24 2011 21:25 GMT
#157
Hey

I'm a noob, I play in silver, my main is protos second terran.
Charname: iSishunter
Seeking somebody who can get me much higher^^
Thx in advance.
Greatz
G
faust_ix
Profile Joined January 2011
Singapore15 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-25 01:51:40
January 25 2011 01:43 GMT
#158
Signed up as a noob, mid bronze. Zerg main potential Protoss second-
Little competitive RTS experience.

Server: SEA
Char/code: Faust 851

This is a great idea but I don't think there is much of a SEA community on TL =/
Zidane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1692 Posts
January 30 2011 20:47 GMT
#159
Protoss NA mentor here, but I can help bronze to gold terran and zerg players as well.
PM me on TL and I'll get back to the first couple people that do.
Draceus
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden2 Posts
January 30 2011 21:31 GMT
#160
1300 platinum
EU server
Draceus (id : 579)
Terran

I am a noob looking for a mentor to help me reach my personal goal of master league.
I got plenty of time on my hands to practice, but only around 160 games played so i got allot to learn and I feel its easier to learn with someone teaching me.

As this is my goal I prefer a mentor from the master league or high diamond.

-Regards
Draceus
Why be good when you can be the best?
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 549
ProTech147
UpATreeSC 91
ZombieGrub76
Nina 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15916
910 67
soO 38
Dota 2
Gorgc6846
monkeys_forever104
canceldota63
League of Legends
Doublelift223
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4290
Other Games
summit1g2764
fl0m1580
olofmeister1076
FrodaN805
Liquid`Hasu329
C9.Mang0196
Livibee193
IndyStarCraft 152
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 13
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 41
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 9
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2882
• WagamamaTV381
Other Games
• imaqtpie1013
• Shiphtur712
• Scarra645
• tFFMrPink 15
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 25m
Big Brain Bouts
13h 25m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
20h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
Patches Events
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.