• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:48
CEST 21:48
KST 04:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8213 users

The Adopt A Noob Program and Zergman's Stream - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
baeracaed
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States604 Posts
January 07 2011 21:12 GMT
#101
Good idea man.
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ Cookies! ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
fabioisonfire
Profile Joined August 2010
United States81 Posts
January 07 2011 21:36 GMT
#102
I signed up as a mentor, I'm a 2.4K Diamond Zerg, can't wait to help out some noobs in need! Sounds like a great idea.
The things you own, end up owning you.
Wipples
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada269 Posts
January 07 2011 22:14 GMT
#103
I signed up as a noob zerg, still in my placements
growl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States203 Posts
January 07 2011 22:15 GMT
#104
growl.286 - US server - 2.3/2.4k zerg and around 2k toss. Signed up as noob and mentor, feel free to add me and msg me anytime.
inac
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10 Posts
January 07 2011 22:28 GMT
#105
2.8 k protoss here, signed up as mentor. this seems cool
HenryGale
Profile Joined January 2011
United States23 Posts
January 07 2011 23:06 GMT
#106
Signed up as a noob, bronze level Terran looking to improve. How does it work from here? How/when will I hear when I've been placed with a mentor?
Liquid`EliGE
Profile Joined October 2010
United States527 Posts
January 07 2011 23:15 GMT
#107
On January 08 2011 08:06 HenryGale wrote:
Signed up as a noob, bronze level Terran looking to improve. How does it work from here? How/when will I hear when I've been placed with a mentor?


You go to the list and you look for Terrans that have mentor as their status. You then message them with their character code listed
Team Liquid"I was wondering why people who that would never dream of laughing at a blind or a crippled man would laugh at a moron."
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-07 23:16:56
January 07 2011 23:15 GMT
#108
Signed up for the Europe server as mentor. Would love to pick up a random player as well.
QuackWare
Profile Joined December 2010
18 Posts
January 08 2011 00:47 GMT
#109
Interesting stuff, signed up as a Zerg mentor. Hopefully this will motivate me to ladder more to get my points up.
Te4R_HyP3
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada15 Posts
January 08 2011 01:09 GMT
#110
I signed up and was able to start playing with a mentor in less than 15 minutes

Absolutely brilliant idea.

also this is my first time gathering the balls to actually post something.

TL.net rocks
xTraphik
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2 Posts
January 08 2011 08:19 GMT
#111
OK so I have had the game for about a week and still haven't found anyone to really help me in-game. I was wondering if you could take the time to see how I play, one match is practice league and the other is a Co-op I have only been playing as Terran but have not selected a specific race. Still looking for people to play with in game that can help me improve =/. Please.

[Practice League] 2v2
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/125401-2v2-terran-zerg-novice-twilight-fortress
[Co-op]
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/125402-2v2-terran-protoss-scorched-haven

Traphik 876
If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect, Why practice?
xTraphik
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2 Posts
January 08 2011 21:25 GMT
#112
Anyone =/ xD
If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect, Why practice?
Ertai
Profile Joined June 2010
Poland22 Posts
January 08 2011 22:38 GMT
#113
Mkey

I don't want to be on those random spreedsheat thing... so if anybody need help till diamond level I will try to do my best to help any toss player.

I'm currently 2,4k diamond Toss player (but this could vary even in 200 points +/- as I'm testing more stuff).

Just PM me in game: Nanika.527 Europe server
射殺せ, 神鎗. 神殺鎗.
paedogeddon
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom5 Posts
January 09 2011 03:41 GMT
#114
yay ! I hope someone adopts me ^_^
Haters gonna hate.
renchak
Profile Joined April 2009
209 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-09 03:51:56
January 09 2011 03:50 GMT
#115
Signed up as a mentor. I play all three races, so if you are in a league lower than diamond just give me a message, or you can send me a PM here on teamliquid! I would prefer if we used some kind of voice communication program, that way it gets more fun!

Renchak.284 on Europe!
flyingcows
Profile Joined September 2010
United States31 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-09 08:37:13
January 09 2011 07:59 GMT
#116
registered myself as a noob.
Currently 1K diamond protoss. working on protoss and zerg. maybe a goldish zerg. don't know for sure since i havent laddered as zerg at all.

Basil
255

also going to register my friend as a mentor, hes rly good a teaching noobs. Hes a plat protoss. and protoss only

Drchurch
612

both of us are NA, and feel free to add drchurch, but pls dont add me as a mentor, im not good at teaching. I can give tips, and thats about it.

Thank you!

Great program OP!
화이팅!

EDIT: a question to the OP, would it be possible to implement the score points of the player or their profile URL? I dont want to add a diamond lower than me... Id rather work with 2k or 3k dias...

Thank you

2nd EDIT:

Adding a noob

SylvrXecutnr
939
Bronze Zerg
NA
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=216682&currentpage=All
Alakabon
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada111 Posts
January 09 2011 08:47 GMT
#117
This is a great idea thanks a lot !
Call Me LARITTY
Profile Joined November 2010
United States14 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-09 19:17:29
January 09 2011 19:16 GMT
#118
high level bronze (if that matters.lol.) zerg player looking to be adopted. i Really want to move up in leagues but a full time student with a job so i play alot of night games i live in and play on the US server after watching games on the stream and youtube i want to be an aggressive player! love Korean zerg play.lol. well hopes i get a papa(or mama) soon.
“That is a gosh darn outrage! They told me twenty million! It's a sneak attack. It worked at Pearl Harbor, but it ain't gonna work at Larrity Harbor. You feel me?”
Solomoth
Profile Joined February 2010
United States55 Posts
January 09 2011 22:54 GMT
#119
This is fun. helped out 2 noobs today although 1 was platinum and he wasn't that bad, just needs some work on build orders and he'll be fine. the other guy... well I think he might be the worst player I've ever seen, but I think he got a lot of information... I hope anyway...
Friend, "Do it for the Zorg!" Me, "It's Zerg not Zorg!" My friend trying to psyche me out in a game of beer pong.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 10 2011 00:00 GMT
#120
On November 20 2010 05:36 Zergmans.Den wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2010 16:59 masterbreti wrote:
signed up as a noob, hopefully i will get matche dup shortly, can't wait


If you read through the program I currently don't do the matching. I plan to have that feature implemented once the website is up, but for the meantime the best way is to message a bunch of people from the spreadsheet and find times they can get with you to practice.


Show nested quote +
On November 19 2010 17:22 Zerksys wrote:
I see a distinct lack of diamond players who signed up as a noob. Am I not allowed to sign up for noob if I'm diamond


Anyone can sign up for anything. I've noticed a lot of diamond players don't think they need help or don't think anyone will sign up that is capable of helping aka a higher level diamond player.


Thanks for this response. I'm 2k Diamond player but just figured out how to properly macro for Zerg [Don't ask...].

I'll probably sign up as well!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 601
ProTech175
UpATreeSC 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16491
Calm 3228
Mini 374
Mind 83
910 58
soO 42
Dota 2
Gorgc5534
canceldota65
monkeys_forever20
Counter-Strike
fl0m2303
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4055
Other Games
FrodaN789
Beastyqt548
olofmeister414
Liquid`Hasu306
Khaldor267
Livibee188
C9.Mang0164
IndyStarCraft 124
QueenE57
ZombieGrub53
BRAT_OK 39
MindelVK6
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• 80smullet 17
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2800
• WagamamaTV381
League of Legends
• Nemesis1692
Other Games
• imaqtpie941
• Shiphtur700
• Scarra536
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 13m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 13m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.