• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:48
CEST 21:48
KST 04:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8213 users

The Adopt A Noob Program and Zergman's Stream - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next All
coolent
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands23 Posts
January 12 2011 21:10 GMT
#121
awsome project
signed up myself 2.5k toss mentor.
Maedi
Profile Joined August 2009
United States477 Posts
January 13 2011 23:11 GMT
#122
Some gentleman named Sturm just asked me for help, and I agreed.
When we both had time we played a practice game to start off. After I get a lead, he just says "wow", leaves the game and ignores me. I wouldn't recommend helping this guy if this is the kind of attitude he has. I was nothing but civil to him.
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
January 15 2011 00:22 GMT
#123
As of right now I am training 3 guys. One had a huuuge and fast progress and insta jumped from bronze to gold after only a few sessions.

This is quite fun actually. I have my students play each other and after we discuss the game and I hand out some advice etc=)
Chasedown
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States87 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 05:08:51
January 20 2011 04:18 GMT
#124
I'm a silver lvl player looking to improve my gameplay. I need help with basic build orders and such. My 4gate for PVP is about 45seconds late. (7stalkers at 6:30) Saw that 5zealot+7/8stalckers is possible at 6:30. I'd like to learn a nice PvZ build with phoenix harassment. PvT I do a 4gate and it always works. I also have been experiementing with a 2gate robo expand. And a pretty fail 1gate FE. (These are both against either P or Z.) Well that's about it.


My Name/Code - Chasedown - 738
Email - Chas3down@hotmail.com - email me or add me on msn, that's my skype as well. I am on skype everyday if you would like to contact me on there.

I can play mostly weekends, this weekend only nights 8pm to w/e because I have finals coming up. I'd like to use skype and we could just do some 1v1's with replay or against AI with spectating, what ever you think would be best. Feel free to PM if you are interested. I'd like to get mentored for a while, on a weekly basis or something, and we can work on different things and improve in different parts of my game play.

I am looking for a mentor who is willing to be with me for a while, looking to enter some low-level tourny's online, move through leagues, and kind of be there for awhile. Or i'm fine with someone who just wants to spend one session together, i'm open to either.
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
January 20 2011 04:52 GMT
#125
Not a noob per se: 1k diamond Zerg with 1300 bonus points left. MMR seems to be ~2k diamond, although have lost to plat players and beat a masters 2k yesterday. I'm back after several months of no 1v1 and doing about 10 games a day and while I can tell I've improved nearly every time I sit down to play there are still huge holes in my game, mainly against protoss. I've seen enough IdrA to have a handle on a few decent ways to handle Terrans, but I really hit a wall in mid-game against Toss. I tend to get a macro lead, win the first couple of clashes and think that I'm doing pretty well. After that, I get stuck on roach/hydra with corruptor with nowhere to go. The jump to ultras/broods from there is pretty big in tech, and its also that point where the strength of the toss ball starts to catch up to my macro and stomps me; I can usually hold on until HT come out but its basically over after that. Anyway, if there are any wise zergs or toss out there who want to help me own more, I'm game!

glassmind.282
TheAngelofDeath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2033 Posts
January 20 2011 05:00 GMT
#126
Filled out a mentor sheet. I'd be willing to help any low level players out, as long as they're willing to listen, so why not.
"Infestors are the suck" - LzGamer
FunkySqueegee
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada18 Posts
January 20 2011 07:41 GMT
#127
Great idea for a program, but not enough people are ever on the chat....
"Why can't nexus lift off?! Protoss are more advanced." - some nob
dejavue
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany47 Posts
January 20 2011 19:43 GMT
#128
Filled out the noob sheet.

Mid-Gold Zerg (recently reclassified from low Platinum).
EU Server
dejavue.145

However, only really have a lot of time on the weekends...still would love some input..
Maybe it's tech issues, maybe he's just exhausted, MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, he wanted to dress as spiderman and web the shit out of his girlfriend / boyfriend / donkeyfriend without having people watch. - wormintrude
Soulish
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1403 Posts
January 21 2011 21:16 GMT
#129
can diamonds sign up as noob?
me all in, he drone drone drone, me win
parn
Profile Joined December 2010
France296 Posts
January 22 2011 04:26 GMT
#130
Signed as mentor.

~2500 diamond
EU server
DexterWard.730
Zerg / Terran

Feel free to add me and ask for help.


See you soon
DW
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
WillowTree
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8 Posts
January 22 2011 07:12 GMT
#131
First post :D if your a low level platinum
WillowTree
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8 Posts
January 22 2011 07:19 GMT
#132
...fail. um yeah if your a low level platinum player can you still get into the newbie list? Have 178 1v1 played but I still could use some help with macro and strategies. I think I hit a wall by myself and outside input would be insanely helpful.
Orome
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland11984 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-22 07:34:22
January 22 2011 07:32 GMT
#133
You can definitely sign up as a newbie if you're platinum.

Nice initiative, I wanted to fill out the form, but there's no option for master league yet.

edit: so for the time being, if you'd like help from a 2.6k master Zerg, feel free to message troete.630. europe obviously.
On a purely personal note, I'd like to show Yellow the beauty of infinitely repeating Starcraft 2 bunkers. -Boxer
Vuridian
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada30 Posts
January 22 2011 11:06 GMT
#134
500+ Platinum player working my way to Diamond quick signed up as a mentor. Looking to train Bronze-Gold level players with general strategy/improvements.

Zerg
Vuridian.901

Looking to train anyone! I also have skype as well if it's easier!
"Come on down into my temple for the earth Sit in silence, and you will hear the words And if you stay, you'll never leave, you'll never walk alone The saviour of the universe is home"
Mahavishnu
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada396 Posts
January 22 2011 11:28 GMT
#135
I've signed up, I can play every day if needed, if someone can help me become better please do!
everything is gravity
Rabbitmaster
Profile Joined August 2010
1357 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-22 13:01:00
January 22 2011 12:57 GMT
#136
Signed up as EU mentor, 2.7k diamond protoss.

Feel free to message me any time you like if you need any help/quick tips. Im decent with both Z and T so if you're like Bronze-gold i can probably help you with whichever race you want.
God is dead.
NabeShogun
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada18 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-22 22:38:52
January 22 2011 22:38 GMT
#137
Sign up for mentor, ~1.5k diamond zerg.

I don't ladder much but feel free to message me for help.
413X
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden203 Posts
January 22 2011 22:56 GMT
#138
the list doesn't have master in it's division
The pro noob
Goobus
Profile Joined May 2010
Hong Kong587 Posts
January 22 2011 23:05 GMT
#139
just signed up to be mentor, but i put diamond when its supposed to be master
Apoth
Profile Joined May 2010
England194 Posts
January 23 2011 00:07 GMT
#140
I'm a high gold zerg on the EU server (Apoth.483), happy to mentor to Zergs in Silver and any race in bronze. Also looking for a mentor in Diamond+

glhf all
trombonomophonononononononone
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 601
ProTech175
UpATreeSC 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16491
Calm 3228
Mini 374
Mind 83
910 58
soO 42
Dota 2
Gorgc5534
canceldota65
monkeys_forever20
Counter-Strike
fl0m2303
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4055
Other Games
FrodaN789
Beastyqt548
olofmeister414
Liquid`Hasu306
Khaldor267
Livibee188
C9.Mang0164
IndyStarCraft 124
QueenE57
ZombieGrub53
BRAT_OK 39
MindelVK6
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• 80smullet 17
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2800
• WagamamaTV381
League of Legends
• Nemesis1692
Other Games
• imaqtpie941
• Shiphtur700
• Scarra536
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 13m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 13m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.