• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:10
CEST 02:10
KST 09:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)63Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10000 users

[D] Noobiest thing teammate has done

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 30 31 32 Next All
Mofisto
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom585 Posts
October 20 2010 15:42 GMT
#1
As the title suggests, whats the noobiest thing you've ever witnessed a teammate do?

Ill start it off. Was playing a 2v2 last night. My teammate does nothing for the first 30 seconds (no mining nothing). He then lifts his cc and starts to move it towards my base.

Me: what you doing mate
him: they know my position. i must change position. (bare in mind that this is 1 min in the game)
me: Thats fairly pointless atm
him: no easier to defend, they will never know where i am

1 minute later he proceeds to land his cc next to mine and starts mining from my patch

Me: wtf? (i then ping all the patches close by)
Me: get your own mins lol

he lifts off again then lands next to my ramp, nowhere near any resources, then starts to long distance mine.

me: land here for gods sake (ping map)
him: but its to hard to defend from there, i stay here, much easier
me: is it easier because youve still not built any buildings or units (9 mins in)

he then goes afk. brilliant. Still won though which is all that matters. checked his profile after and hes got almost 300 games but only 20 wins. if he does that every game i can see why.

ill post a replay when i get home

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
MangoTango
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States3670 Posts
October 20 2010 15:46 GMT
#2
One time, I moved my CC to my teammate's base because they knew where my base was. I started mining from his minerals but he made me move. So I tried to move to a easily defendable position, but he kept insulting my strategy so I went afk.
"One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE TANK!" - Artosis
Mofisto
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom585 Posts
October 20 2010 16:32 GMT
#3
On October 21 2010 00:46 MangoTango wrote:
One time, I moved my CC to my teammate's base because they knew where my base was. I started mining from his minerals but he made me move. So I tried to move to a easily defendable position, but he kept insulting my strategy so I went afk.


lol, very good
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
Condor Hero
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2931 Posts
October 20 2010 16:37 GMT
#4
one time my teammate playing Zerg got attacked by 2 void rays. He proceeded to build 10 spores then massed up corrupters. The protoss was only harassing and built a ground army after the attack. Needless to say we got dominated when the attack came. I watched the replay and saw the protoss built 2 void rays the whole game and left his 2 in the corner of the map and forgot about them the rest of the game.

My noob teammate never found the 2 void rays in the corner with his 20 corrupters.
sol.invictus
Profile Joined September 2010
Trinidad/Tobago5 Posts
October 20 2010 16:41 GMT
#5
In a 2v2 I had a terran teammate attempt a monumental wall with supply depots, he had like 8 or 9 up and then they came in and killed him and then me a few minutes later.
Mjolnir
Profile Joined January 2009
912 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-20 16:47:34
October 20 2010 16:45 GMT
#6

I had a teammate build 27 cannons off 1 gateway.

Twenty-seven.

I said "Dude, what the hell are you doing with all those cannons?" to which he replied "In case they rush. I don't want to be caught off guard."

What ended up happening is one of the opponents countered my attack on his partner and annihilated my teammates Nexus because he didn't build a single one of those 27 cannons near his workers. They were all at the front and along the sides of the front half of his base.

I'm top 10 Diamond 2v2. He was Bronze. Not sure how that match-up happens.

FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
October 20 2010 16:46 GMT
#7
don't remember one in particular bu tI always found funny when an ally start with 2 pylon before gate or 2 spupply before barrack
n_n
Borked
Profile Joined October 2010
221 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-20 16:54:04
October 20 2010 16:53 GMT
#8
he killed my hidden expansion thinking it was enemy's, he told me tthat he couldn't attack move so attack command to hatchery
Thou shall not crave thy neighbor.
speedphlux
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria962 Posts
October 20 2010 16:57 GMT
#9
PZ vs PT @ LT.
Me P, mate Z.
He goes 6 pool and I start to think "OK, he knows what he's doing", but after the pool finished, he didn't made any lings. I focused my attention back on my own stuff and 2 minutes later he says to me "can you send me 150 minerals, so that I can make drones?". I look at his base and there are 6 Spine Crawlers, his initial Overlord and ZERO Drones ...
... Humanity Is Not What I Suffer From ...
Toads
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1795 Posts
October 20 2010 16:57 GMT
#10
On October 21 2010 00:46 MangoTango wrote:
One time, I moved my CC to my teammate's base because they knew where my base was. I started mining from his minerals but he made me move. So I tried to move to a easily defendable position, but he kept insulting my strategy so I went afk.


Haha, you won the post
(。◕ ω ◕。) Beer Time !!!! (。◕ ω ◕。)
striphe
Profile Joined April 2010
United States15 Posts
October 20 2010 17:05 GMT
#11
One of my 3v3 random partners opened Gas, Gas, Ebay, Ebay, Depot wall. Good times ensued.
mkfk1
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom153 Posts
October 20 2010 17:06 GMT
#12
4v4, one noobie terran lifts off to island and said "I am going to rush BC".

dogabutila
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1438 Posts
October 20 2010 17:08 GMT
#13
A teammate killed my pylons that were powering my gateways. I asked him what he was doing and he said "attacking'

I was like, wtf those are mine.


He replied with LOL I FORGOT YOU WERE ON MY TEAM I GOT MIXED UP.
While he was typing that, he killed the other pylon that was powering my gateways.
Baller Fanclub || CheAse Fanclub || Scarlett Fanclub || LJD FIGHTING!
Mire
Profile Joined July 2010
10 Posts
October 20 2010 17:08 GMT
#14
The worst thing that I've had happen me was a protoss ally storming all of my zerglings ... after their push was crushed.. so much for a counter-attack. It wasn't so bad though, considering we still won. I would elaborate, but it was so long ago that I barely remember it.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
October 20 2010 17:10 GMT
#15
On October 21 2010 02:06 mkfk1 wrote:
4v4, one noobie terran lifts off to island and said "I am going to rush BC".


What that's not a valid strat? :o
Moderator
us.insurgency
Profile Joined March 2010
United States330 Posts
October 20 2010 17:11 GMT
#16
Wouldn`t let me pause the game because i wanted to fix my lag. It was my own teammate the other team was fine with it
Krigwin
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1130 Posts
October 20 2010 17:12 GMT
#17
On October 21 2010 00:46 MangoTango wrote:
One time, I moved my CC to my teammate's base because they knew where my base was. I started mining from his minerals but he made me move. So I tried to move to a easily defendable position, but he kept insulting my strategy so I went afk.


I think I've seen this somewhere before, it seems strangely familiar...

Also, I always laugh whenever someone gets 6pooled and they immediately panic and start moving their 10+ workers around pointlessly instead of attacking with them.
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
October 20 2010 17:13 GMT
#18
I hate it when my teammates ridicule my terrible 14 pool 15 hatch or my 15 hatch 14 pool builds and then proceed to teach me how Zerg is meant to be played with very intricate 6pool 8pool and 10pool builds. I must say, those lessons have enlightened me.

=_=
Pvvned
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States409 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-20 17:14:41
October 20 2010 17:13 GMT
#19
I once had a zerg teammate that opened 2 Extractor -> Hatchery

Needless to say, we got steamrolled.

But he did seem to have a good handle on base saturation, if only he made attacking units as well, and spawning pool, etc.
http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/R1CH/Happy2.gif
chakk
Profile Joined August 2010
England43 Posts
October 20 2010 17:16 GMT
#20
i was attacking my opponents base and he sent mutas into my mineral line...

so i said to my teammate Help kill those muta since his army was closer, so he marched in with his army and drops 4 Psi-storms on my workers...... and the mutas flew away unharmed
1 2 3 4 5 30 31 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft428
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft428
Nina 86
ViBE84
SpeCial 80
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 155
Noble 77
Hyuk 62
NaDa 51
Bale 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
League of Legends
Doublelift3742
Counter-Strike
minikerr20
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox480
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4542
Khaldor601
Other Games
summit1g7987
FrodaN1731
Coldzera 808
shahzam535
JimRising 451
C9.Mang0310
KnowMe181
ArmadaUGS72
Mew2King50
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick790
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH331
• Hupsaiya 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21570
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
9h 50m
Online Event
10h 50m
FEL
15h 50m
AI Arena Tournament
16h 50m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.