• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:07
CEST 02:07
KST 09:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7961 users

Official State of the Game Podcast Thread - Page 97

Forum Index > SC2 General
54608 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 95 96 97 98 99 2731 Next
Squirrel
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1102 Posts
October 18 2010 02:24 GMT
#1921
On October 18 2010 11:20 javy925 wrote:
Yeah, doing those hellion drops twice in a row was dumb but it's even dumber to criticize his TvZ play based on two games. But w/e, we'll see how he does at MLG Dallas and GSL3.


I hear what you are saying, but you really can judge someone by 2 games, assuming they are the only 2 games you see.

If he plays badly vs Zerg in a series, then so far in lans ZvT is his weakest matchup, regardless of if it's only one game or not.

Again, I hear what you say, but that's not how things work =\
fush
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada563 Posts
October 18 2010 02:26 GMT
#1922
On October 18 2010 11:08 ironside wrote:
At the end of the day it is obvious if you read between the lines that incontrol and some of the others sotg ppls have a problem with select.
Jealous cos they will never have his sick micro/macro skills? Sourgrapes than he raped them all one after the other without a break for 10 hrs straight? Maybe cos he is Korean and the good old american xenophobia is more than just banter?
Who knows


Wasn't obvious to me at all really... Think select is as hurt as you? Somehow I doubt it.

Maybe you're just an idiot, who knows..?
Thurokiir
Profile Joined June 2010
United States779 Posts
October 18 2010 02:31 GMT
#1923
On October 18 2010 10:35 bapplebo wrote:
I thought Artosis told everyone to remove the stick from their ass last podcast.

Tahts halo dont worry
javy_
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1677 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 02:43:44
October 18 2010 02:35 GMT
#1924
On October 18 2010 11:24 Seam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 11:20 javy925 wrote:
Yeah, doing those hellion drops twice in a row was dumb but it's even dumber to criticize his TvZ play based on two games. But w/e, we'll see how he does at MLG Dallas and GSL3.


I hear what you are saying, but you really can judge someone by 2 games, assuming they are the only 2 games you see.

If he plays badly vs Zerg in a series, then so far in lans ZvT is his weakest matchup, regardless of if it's only one game or not.

Again, I hear what you say, but that's not how things work =\


He clearly was not playing at his best. I don't even need to list the number of games he played that day, the players he played against, and the length of all those games to show he was thoroughly exhausted. No one who can knock out so many top players from a tourney goes into the final thinking yeah, I'll just do the same hellion drop twice and expect it to work. No one that tired can be expected to give the best foreign zerg player even a run for his money, let alone beat him. So, if he wasn't playing at his best (regardless of what that may be or looks like), you can't judge his OVERALL play based on such a small sample size of two games. You can't simply jump to the conclusion his TvZ is bad because of the result of these specific two games when you put them in some context.
♪~( ̄。 ̄)
leve15
Profile Joined August 2010
United States301 Posts
October 18 2010 02:39 GMT
#1925
wow what a bitch fest.

These same guys would complain about select cheesing every game if that's how he won 10 hours of matches. but he didn't.

He played standard every game, and they're condescending him like he's some noob. wow


fush
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada563 Posts
October 18 2010 02:43 GMT
#1926
Funny because they never said select "cheesed" or called him a "noob". What were you listening to?
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
October 18 2010 02:45 GMT
#1927
I didn't hear any bad remarks regarding SeleCT in the latest podcast either... They gave high remarks towards him and I guess the only bad remark was when Machine got rejected by SeleCT to practice together.
mav451
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1596 Posts
October 18 2010 02:48 GMT
#1928
On October 18 2010 11:45 zoLo wrote:
I didn't hear any bad remarks regarding SeleCT in the latest podcast either... They gave high remarks towards him and I guess the only bad remark was when Machine got rejected by SeleCT to practice together.


Slasher had to call Geoff out on his previous comments from both the 10-14 and 10-16 podcasts before he finally started backpedalling. I mean, if all you heard was the backpedalling, then sure it sounds far more rosy.

With no power comes no responsibility?
leve15
Profile Joined August 2010
United States301 Posts
October 18 2010 02:51 GMT
#1929
all I'm saying is I hope Select owns all of them (particularly incontrol) with the exact same build in a Bo7 one day.

which I'm sure he could, because he's a damn fine player.

Why wasn't Select invited to the podcast?
Kazang
Profile Joined August 2010
578 Posts
October 18 2010 02:56 GMT
#1930
On October 18 2010 10:13 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
It's almost unimaginable how I can rant at slasher for taking things I didn't say too seriously and running with them then I read this thread and hear complaints that I said select won't adapt or something is garb. I'd explain but I did that like 4x on the podcast seems like a lost cause.


I think people kind of expected you to be the bigger man (hurr hurr) and say "Shit I was wrong about SeleCT he kicked our fucking asses, until he got crushed by Idra" after your "gimmicky player" and only wins "when it clicks" comments pre tournament.
Which you didn't really do. You pretty much stuck to your guns which is what has people panties in a twist.

I got no feelings either way as I knew SeleCT would do well regardless of your opinion of him, as your opinion isn't really relevant past the podcast banter and amusement value, you're playing the pundit and doing it well. Opinions are always going to be different from person to person.

To quote myself:
On October 16 2010 02:17 Kazang wrote:
You know iNcontrol, now you said that about SeleCT he will probably end up knocking you out, murphy's law style.



But really you can't be amazed when people jump on things you said when you are putting it out there. When you give pure opinions on players you have to expect reactions. Imagine if SeleCT had something like Idra being a "one build" player or something pre tourney then went on to get rolled. You can bet people would be jumping on that like a trampoline.

Really you find it so unimaginable that people jump on your comments? When you say controversial shit, serious, banter, joke or otherwise it's still going to be controversial.
Besides Slasher is a drama whore and you walked right into his drama trolling. Seriously what did you expect to happen?
formthehead
Profile Joined June 2010
United States81 Posts
October 18 2010 02:57 GMT
#1931
"incontrol trolls the forums" should be a weekly recap segment, and I think it's way more important than who blizzard thinks is the top 200 for each server
RogerChillingworth
Profile Joined March 2010
Chad3132 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 02:58:03
October 18 2010 02:57 GMT
#1932
On October 18 2010 11:51 leve15 wrote:
all I'm saying is I hope Select owns all of them (particularly incontrol) with the exact same build in a Bo7 one day.

which I'm sure he could, because he's a damn fine player.

Why wasn't Select invited to the podcast?


Nice.

'I hope Select wins because his 4rax marine/maruader/stim is really really awesome.'
leve15
Profile Joined August 2010
United States301 Posts
October 18 2010 03:00 GMT
#1933
On October 18 2010 11:57 RogerChillingworth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 11:51 leve15 wrote:
all I'm saying is I hope Select owns all of them (particularly incontrol) with the exact same build in a Bo7 one day.

which I'm sure he could, because he's a damn fine player.

Why wasn't Select invited to the podcast?


Nice.

'I hope Select wins because his 4rax marine/maruader/stim is really really awesome.'

don't hate the player, hate the game
Mortecian
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada87 Posts
October 18 2010 03:13 GMT
#1934
InControl, you got personality and it's awesome.

Pretty sure that most of the forum flak comes from the younger generation. It's very easy to misinterpret stuff and be offended by people with an opinion when you are younger. Not saying that to discriminate, but with age comes experience, and with experience comes distancing yourself from situations and not taking stuff said on 'air' so personal. The only person who should be offended by this is Select and he probably doesnt even care and just moving forward, focusing on his training.

So, dont sweat it, you dont need to defend yourself. Love listening to the podcasts. You all seem like great guys.

Select is just the new kid on the block and he's doing good, but hasn't earn the respect yet of the older programers who saw plenty of rising stars come and go during their time. There is nothing bad to this, it's like that in every community where you are new... HuK received the same flak and look now, he is receiving some still but more accepted. SeleCt gave us an IntoTheRainbow style final where he just crumbled even faster... Huk gave us a weird semi-final with the mothership. I respect ITR, HuK and SeleCt, but it was dissapointing to see the end of both these events be botched like that. Dont want to see excuses. Dont want to see thrown games. We want to see games where you are never sure who will win with plenty of turn-abouts and intense moments (and where you are SURE that players give their 100% to win).

The moment you saw them start to chat it up In-game, you could see they were off their game and you knew the outcome and all the excitement was gone. You can see wonderful play/showmanship of skills at any game, but you'll never have that adrenaline / emotion in you unless you spectate live, unsure of the outcome and with LOTS of stuff at stake. And those important games are rare... We had so far ... MLG Raleigh, MLG DC, IEM USA, IEM Cologne, GSL... 5 finals...

It would sort-of suck if your home-team in whatever sport you were following did a "Boy, I sure wish I had practice more ..." DURING an important match. You can say that after you lose >_>;; but no respectable professional would say it during a match. Imagine the super bowl final and the quarterback from team X says they have 0 chance of winning during the half-time. It would be heart-breaking for the fans and would also take away from the victory by giving excuses. Same goes if the star quarterback did a throw blindfolded for the fans, *cough* looking at you, Huk *cough* and that throw cost him the game.

On criticism for MLG, this is one thing that Koreans do extremely well. HYPE. They have intro music, presentations, I mean... The GSL presentation during season 1 were extremely crummy (aside from the one at the final), it was REALLY amateur like made with windows movie maker or some shitty stuff like that, but if you can work something to raise the HYPE before every important match like semi-finals / finals, that would be awesome whether its introductions with music, pre-final interviews, pre-final mini-show, showing highlights of the games played by the finalists... anything that builds HYPE. IEM cologne did that very well (at least for a non-GSL tournament).



Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
October 18 2010 03:14 GMT
#1935
I feel bad for SeleCT. Yeah he did the same build every game, but it worked consistently why should he change it if it's his most practiced build.

Besides his control was PHENOMENAL. The only other player who had unit control that impressed me as much was Kiwikaki. That's not to say other players have bad control (obviously they don't), but just in terms of who's control is downright scary.

He just needs to understand ZvT.
Logo
Squirrel
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1102 Posts
October 18 2010 03:21 GMT
#1936
On October 18 2010 11:56 Kazang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 10:13 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
It's almost unimaginable how I can rant at slasher for taking things I didn't say too seriously and running with them then I read this thread and hear complaints that I said select won't adapt or something is garb. I'd explain but I did that like 4x on the podcast seems like a lost cause.


I think people kind of expected you to be the bigger man (hurr hurr) and say "Shit I was wrong about SeleCT he kicked our fucking asses, until he got crushed by Idra" after your "gimmicky player" and only wins "when it clicks" comments pre tournament.
Which you didn't really do. You pretty much stuck to your guns which is what has people panties in a twist.


And then shortly after people would complain about how Incontrol was bashing Select for losing it IdrA.

I'm really starting to think people are bashing Incontrol for the sake of bashing Incontrol.
Paver
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia105 Posts
October 18 2010 03:22 GMT
#1937
On October 18 2010 10:35 bapplebo wrote:
I thought Artosis told everyone to remove the stick from their ass last podcast.


Artosis always exaggerates.. so people have been doing it half heartedly (to compensate) and hurting themselves.. hence offense is still being taken. haha.


Also ustream facepalms on my pc.. is this latest cast going to be eventually put on the SoTG blog thing? plz.



Never change incontrol.
cig
Kolvacs
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1203 Posts
October 18 2010 03:26 GMT
#1938
This stuff is gold.
incontrol makes the podcast so much funnier .
SiguR
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada2039 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 03:50:27
October 18 2010 03:31 GMT
#1939
I should start by saying I am not a fan of SelecT at all. I have no vested interest in other people having a positive opinion of him. I felt, with no bias over my impressions, that the majority of the comments were condescending and hostile.

Pretty much all of his accomplishments were being discredited in the podcast. Claiming he didn't beat anyone noteworthy while winning both the TL opens is absolutely ridiculous, never mind insulting to the people that hosted the event (and probably those who played in it, which interestingly enough includes Nony).

It is painfully clear when someone is throwing out insincere compliments to be tactful and when they are sincerely speaking their mind. I find it hard to believe that someone as articulate as Incontrol would fail to realize how much his tone portrayed a lack of respect for SelecT.

In a community where people went batshit over stupid things like the "bad manners" of IdrA towards Terran players in the past, it amazes me that the level headed and calm discrediting of SelecT on the day after his arguably biggest achievement to date is expected to be taken well. The guy probably poured his heart and soul into playing those games, and whether you intended to or not, you're shitting all over it.

I tune into the podcast religiously to hear discussion of the starcraft 2 scene with natural humour and top level insight. I enjoy the usual jabs and jokes.
I did not enjoy the first half of todays podcast.
I don't tune in to hear a bunch of old school pro gamers bash a newcomer and coincidental outsider to the TL community. I don't think that's the intention of the podcast either.

If SelecT listens to the last few podcasts, how do you think he's going to feel at the next major LAN when he's surrounded by all of you? Do you really think he's going to want to mingle and become part of the team liquid community?

Maybe you've all forgotten that the group of you together at events probably represent this community to players who aren't part of it. On a purely hypothetical level, do you think SelecT is going to want to post his replay packs on the site, or have any motivation to set up a live stream in the future?

Edit: Actually, nevermind. It shouldn't matter if he's already part of the community or not. The vibe of the conversation was bad regardless.
Dingobloo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia1903 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 03:38:02
October 18 2010 03:35 GMT
#1940
inControl, I'm really upset at the lack of respect you showed Tyler. His wife does not have sex with robots, he did very well and I think he deserves better than to be referred to as a cybernetic person. I just wish you were a bigger man and admitted that he is not made of metal, and does not have a posetronic brain. I hope he beats you in a Bo7.

~ Kisses,
Everyone in this thread.
Prev 1 95 96 97 98 99 2731 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings58
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE166
ProTech153
Nina 143
SpeCial 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13822
Artosis 650
PianO 32
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm178
canceldota134
League of Legends
Doublelift4142
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1689
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe93
Other Games
summit1g6494
shahzam578
Day[9].tv520
C9.Mang0340
Maynarde91
Trikslyr66
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV165
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 47
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur646
• Day9tv520
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 53m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.