• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:42
CEST 15:42
KST 22:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War95.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11568 users

Official State of the Game Podcast Thread - Page 96

Forum Index > SC2 General
54608 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 94 95 96 97 98 2731 Next
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 03:07:16
October 18 2010 01:26 GMT
#1901
nvm
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
Dreadwolf
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada220 Posts
October 18 2010 01:27 GMT
#1902
On October 18 2010 10:13 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
It's almost unimaginable how I can rant at slasher for taking things I didn't say too seriously and running with them then I read this thread and hear complaints that I said select won't adapt or something is garb. I'd explain but I did that like 4x on the podcast seems like a lost cause.


ahh dont worry about it, one of the reason state of the game is so much fun because its not super serious. Keep it up i say sotg is an awesome show.
Sqq
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway2023 Posts
October 18 2010 01:30 GMT
#1903
On October 18 2010 10:13 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
It's almost unimaginable how I can rant at slasher for taking things I didn't say too seriously and running with them then I read this thread and hear complaints that I said select won't adapt or something is garb. I'd explain but I did that like 4x on the podcast seems like a lost cause.


but your excuses wheren't exactly what i'd call excuses. it was like yeah hes ok buuuuut.... , the way you've gone about it, thursday + the last two podcasts, excusing but not excusing is just a lack of respect to your peers.
Dead girls don't say no.
ApBuLLet
Profile Joined September 2010
United States604 Posts
October 18 2010 01:32 GMT
#1904
Yeah there's always going to be people who whine no matter what you say. I listen to the podcasts and nothing anyone said has ever really crossed the line. No need to explain yourself because you're right, it is a lost cause. However there are plenty of people who DO agree with you, or at least understand where you are coming from. Keep doing what you guys do and try not to worry about what people say.
Squirrel
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1102 Posts
October 18 2010 01:34 GMT
#1905
On October 18 2010 10:30 Sqq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 10:13 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
It's almost unimaginable how I can rant at slasher for taking things I didn't say too seriously and running with them then I read this thread and hear complaints that I said select won't adapt or something is garb. I'd explain but I did that like 4x on the podcast seems like a lost cause.


but your excuses wheren't exactly what i'd call excuses. it was like yeah hes ok buuuuut.... , the way you've gone about it, thursday + the last two podcasts, excusing but not excusing is just a lack of respect to your peers.



Select did the same build many times. He did it awesomely, and executed them well.

What's wrong with saying if he keeps doing that same build, the only one he did there, other players will adapt?

He didn't say "He's going to lose horribly at any other tournament". He just said he can't keep up only using that single build.
bapplebo
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia3 Posts
October 18 2010 01:35 GMT
#1906
I thought Artosis told everyone to remove the stick from their ass last podcast.
Sqq
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway2023 Posts
October 18 2010 01:36 GMT
#1907
On October 18 2010 10:34 Seam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 10:30 Sqq wrote:
On October 18 2010 10:13 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
It's almost unimaginable how I can rant at slasher for taking things I didn't say too seriously and running with them then I read this thread and hear complaints that I said select won't adapt or something is garb. I'd explain but I did that like 4x on the podcast seems like a lost cause.


but your excuses wheren't exactly what i'd call excuses. it was like yeah hes ok buuuuut.... , the way you've gone about it, thursday + the last two podcasts, excusing but not excusing is just a lack of respect to your peers.



Select did the same build many times. He did it awesomely, and executed them well.

What's wrong with saying if he keeps doing that same build, the only one he did there, other players will adapt?

He didn't say "He's going to lose horribly at any other tournament". He just said he can't keep up only using that single build.


He implied so many times what i said, it was just a total lack of respect. So if he does the same build every time ? Hes obviously found a tactic that works, and til someone breaks his play he'll be smart to continue winning with it ? Why change it if its not broken.
Dead girls don't say no.
Shifft
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1085 Posts
October 18 2010 01:38 GMT
#1908
On October 18 2010 10:35 bapplebo wrote:
I thought Artosis told everyone to remove the stick from their ass last podcast.

=O
javy_
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1677 Posts
October 18 2010 01:46 GMT
#1909
On October 18 2010 10:34 Seam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 10:30 Sqq wrote:
On October 18 2010 10:13 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
It's almost unimaginable how I can rant at slasher for taking things I didn't say too seriously and running with them then I read this thread and hear complaints that I said select won't adapt or something is garb. I'd explain but I did that like 4x on the podcast seems like a lost cause.


but your excuses wheren't exactly what i'd call excuses. it was like yeah hes ok buuuuut.... , the way you've gone about it, thursday + the last two podcasts, excusing but not excusing is just a lack of respect to your peers.



Select did the same build many times. He did it awesomely, and executed them well.

What's wrong with saying if he keeps doing that same build, the only one he did there, other players will adapt?

He didn't say "He's going to lose horribly at any other tournament". He just said he can't keep up only using that single build.


what's the point of stating the blatantly obvious? it's not just him that needs to adapt, every single player needs to adapt and improve because this game is always changing.
♪~( ̄。 ̄)
Squirrel
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1102 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 01:50:07
October 18 2010 01:47 GMT
#1910
On October 18 2010 10:36 Sqq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 10:34 Seam wrote:
On October 18 2010 10:30 Sqq wrote:
On October 18 2010 10:13 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
It's almost unimaginable how I can rant at slasher for taking things I didn't say too seriously and running with them then I read this thread and hear complaints that I said select won't adapt or something is garb. I'd explain but I did that like 4x on the podcast seems like a lost cause.


but your excuses wheren't exactly what i'd call excuses. it was like yeah hes ok buuuuut.... , the way you've gone about it, thursday + the last two podcasts, excusing but not excusing is just a lack of respect to your peers.



Select did the same build many times. He did it awesomely, and executed them well.

What's wrong with saying if he keeps doing that same build, the only one he did there, other players will adapt?

He didn't say "He's going to lose horribly at any other tournament". He just said he can't keep up only using that single build.


He implied so many times what i said, it was just a total lack of respect. So if he does the same build every time ? Hes obviously found a tactic that works, and til someone breaks his play he'll be smart to continue winning with it ? Why change it if its not broken.


All he said is when people find the way to break it, he'll have to change up his play.

How is that a lack of respect?

On October 18 2010 10:46 javy925 wrote:


what's the point of stating the blatantly obvious? it's not just him that needs to adapt, every single player needs to adapt and improve because this game is always changing.


Yes, the only reason he said it about Select is due to the fact that he did use the same build.

I don't see how people are freaking out on this, saying "He is going to need to adapt" isn't rude, hell I wouldn't even call it criticism.

Are commentators on games being rude, and lacking respect when they say "Yeah, this team played amazingly, but in the future they are going to have to adapt when people figure out their playstlye"? If so, almost every commentator, for every sport, is a massive dick =\
Rahlekk
Profile Joined September 2010
United States107 Posts
October 18 2010 01:48 GMT
#1911
All the flame in this thread plus what was said on SoTG regarding is just makes it more hilarious.

Keep it up guys, I love this Podcast, it's a great listen and I get good info out of it.
viel gluck TLO ^^ | 행운을 빌어요 BoxeR
lim1017
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1278 Posts
October 18 2010 01:50 GMT
#1912
Sorry of this was asked but did that special podcast take place today?
Squirrel
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1102 Posts
October 18 2010 01:51 GMT
#1913
On October 18 2010 10:50 lim1017 wrote:
Sorry of this was asked but did that special podcast take place today?


Yes, you can find a recording of it on DJwheats Ustream

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/10269069
ApBuLLet
Profile Joined September 2010
United States604 Posts
October 18 2010 01:52 GMT
#1914
On October 18 2010 10:48 Rahlekk wrote:
All the flame in this thread plus what was said on SoTG regarding is just makes it more hilarious.

Keep it up guys, I love this Podcast, it's a great listen and I get good info out of it.


I completely agree! anyways has anyone heard any more about the cast that was going to go on today? I read when JP said they might not be able to do it live but they will at least record it. Just wondering if there has been any update on when it will be uploaded it and where. Thanks!
Ichabod
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1659 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 02:09:58
October 18 2010 01:55 GMT
#1915
On October 18 2010 10:52 ApBuLLet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 10:48 Rahlekk wrote:
All the flame in this thread plus what was said on SoTG regarding is just makes it more hilarious.

Keep it up guys, I love this Podcast, it's a great listen and I get good info out of it.


I completely agree! anyways has anyone heard any more about the cast that was going to go on today? I read when JP said they might not be able to do it live but they will at least record it. Just wondering if there has been any update on when it will be uploaded it and where. Thanks!


I guess you looked at the TL date instead of the US date, the podcast already happened today, and will be uploaded to the various places within a couple days (or less).

Edit: it'll supposedly be here, itunes, sotg website, djwheat's itunes/website I think too.
ApBuLLet
Profile Joined September 2010
United States604 Posts
October 18 2010 02:05 GMT
#1916
On October 18 2010 10:55 Ichabod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 10:52 ApBuLLet wrote:
On October 18 2010 10:48 Rahlekk wrote:
All the flame in this thread plus what was said on SoTG regarding is just makes it more hilarious.

Keep it up guys, I love this Podcast, it's a great listen and I get good info out of it.


I completely agree! anyways has anyone heard any more about the cast that was going to go on today? I read when JP said they might not be able to do it live but they will at least record it. Just wondering if there has been any update on when it will be uploaded it and where. Thanks!


I guess you looked at the TL date instead of the US date, the podcast already happened today, and will be uploaded to the various places within a couple days (or less).


Oh ok, I listened to the mini cast and they said 12 pm est but then I guess they had problems and couldn't cast it at that time or whatever. But anyways thanks, I'll be looking for it. I'm assuming it will be uploaded to the SotG website correct?
ironside
Profile Joined October 2010
51 Posts
October 18 2010 02:08 GMT
#1917
At the end of the day it is obvious if you read between the lines that incontrol and some of the others sotg ppls have a problem with select.
Jealous cos they will never have his sick micro/macro skills? Sourgrapes than he raped them all one after the other without a break for 10 hrs straight? Maybe cos he is Korean and the good old american xenophobia is more than just banter?
Who knows
dacthehork
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2000 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 02:12:42
October 18 2010 02:10 GMT
#1918
If incontrol was super mannered in SOTG and talked like it was a pure PR bit then the podcast would have about a tenth of the listeners, personally I wouldn't listen to it if the players had vanilla opinions.

Shit IdrA already toned it down like 1000x his normal "he's garbage" type talk, don't make inc go PC on us.

If you can't handle it just don't listen and imagine a koreanized interview with "I will try my hardest, I practiced a lot, and ____ is a tough opponent". It's pretty much the flavor of SOTG lately that you expect a lot of incontrol attempting to joke around or stir things up a bit.

Personally I think SeleCT is pretty damn good overall and will only get monstrous when he goes to Korea, but incontrol's comments really didn't bother me.
Warturtle - DOTA 2 is KING
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 02:14:17
October 18 2010 02:14 GMT
#1919
SOTG is SC2 talk with no fluff, thats why we love it.
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
javy_
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1677 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 02:21:33
October 18 2010 02:20 GMT
#1920
On October 18 2010 10:47 Seam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 10:46 javy925 wrote:


what's the point of stating the blatantly obvious? it's not just him that needs to adapt, every single player needs to adapt and improve because this game is always changing.


Yes, the only reason he said it about Select is due to the fact that he did use the same build.

I don't see how people are freaking out on this, saying "He is going to need to adapt" isn't rude, hell I wouldn't even call it criticism.

Are commentators on games being rude, and lacking respect when they say "Yeah, this team played amazingly, but in the future they are going to have to adapt when people figure out their playstlye"? If so, almost every commentator, for every sport, is a massive dick =\


Just to clarify, I don't think it was rude. What bothered me was at the end of the Lo3/SotG podcast thing, I heard the people in the room saying that his TvZ play was "shit" or "garbage." I went through this podcast after it was uploaded to djwheat's stream but it cut off right before this was said. Maybe I simply misheard or misunderstood what was said, but, I don't think it's really fair to base someone's play off of two games, especially when you take into consideration how tired and exhausted he must have been after playing most of the top players in America only to have to play against one of the best zergs in the world to top it all off. Yeah, doing those hellion drops twice in a row was dumb but it's even dumber to criticize his TvZ play based on two games. But w/e, we'll see how he does at MLG Dallas and GSL3.
♪~( ̄。 ̄)
Prev 1 94 95 96 97 98 2731 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 339
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37191
Calm 7747
Bisu 2038
Rain 1776
Jaedong 1149
Horang2 624
FanTaSy 614
BeSt 538
Larva 367
Rush 348
[ Show more ]
Soma 304
Light 297
Stork 287
Snow 184
Zeus 181
ZerO 161
Barracks 139
Free 115
910 91
Mind 86
Killer 72
Mong 62
Sea.KH 54
Hyun 49
ToSsGirL 38
Pusan 34
Shinee 34
NaDa 29
Aegong 26
Terrorterran 18
Hm[arnc] 16
Sexy 16
sorry 16
Rock 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7212
XaKoH 374
Counter-Strike
fl0m2845
olofmeister873
Other Games
gofns32399
singsing2312
B2W.Neo862
hiko354
Lowko347
crisheroes302
Mlord262
Hui .154
Livibee117
RotterdaM100
djWHEAT92
Mew2King75
QueenE40
DeMusliM28
Trikslyr10
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4146
• Jankos2594
• TFBlade708
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 19m
Big Brain Bouts
20h 19m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.