• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:33
CEST 12:33
KST 19:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8688 users

Official State of the Game Podcast Thread - Page 94

Forum Index > SC2 General
54608 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 92 93 94 95 96 2731 Next
MavercK
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2181 Posts
October 17 2010 22:24 GMT
#1861
listening to the latest one now on djwheats site.

slasher is really annoying so far. but been good otherwise.
Brood War Remake - SC2BW - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=145316
vyyye
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden3917 Posts
October 17 2010 22:26 GMT
#1862
On October 18 2010 07:24 MavercK wrote:
listening to the latest one now on djwheats site.

slasher is really annoying so far. but been good otherwise.

Nah, he's cool.

+ Show Spoiler +
"YOU'RE ON MY SHOW!"
Ghad
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway2551 Posts
October 17 2010 22:30 GMT
#1863
One thing that REALLY impresses me with Select is his macro. The minimap looks like he's zerg with the constant flow of reinforcements coming across.
forgottendreams: One underage girl, two drunk guys, one gogo dancer and starcraft 2. Apparently just another day in Europe.
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
October 17 2010 22:31 GMT
#1864
I think the show really benefits from a guy like Day9 or TLO. They kind of play devil's advocate in a lot of situations.
Slasher
Profile Joined September 2007
United States1095 Posts
October 17 2010 22:41 GMT
#1865
On October 18 2010 07:24 MavercK wrote:
listening to the latest one now on djwheats site.

slasher is really annoying so far. but been good otherwise.


I try
rockon1215
Profile Joined May 2009
United States612 Posts
October 17 2010 22:42 GMT
#1866
On October 18 2010 07:41 Slasher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 07:24 MavercK wrote:
listening to the latest one now on djwheats site.

slasher is really annoying so far. but been good otherwise.


I try
lol. I thought you were good
Flash v Jaedong The finals that is ALWAYS meant to be
MavercK
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2181 Posts
October 17 2010 22:43 GMT
#1867
On October 18 2010 07:41 Slasher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 07:24 MavercK wrote:
listening to the latest one now on djwheats site.

slasher is really annoying so far. but been good otherwise.


I try


im sorry
but my ears hurt.
Brood War Remake - SC2BW - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=145316
CruelZeratul
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany4588 Posts
October 17 2010 22:43 GMT
#1868
Is the next SotG podcast gonna be audio only, too? They were talking about ustream, and with so many people on it it could be hard if it's only audio.
Wargizmo
Profile Joined March 2010
1237 Posts
October 17 2010 22:44 GMT
#1869

Is the Weapon of Choic/SotG combo show going to be uploaded as a podcast? I only ask because I'm subscribed to both SotG and WoC and it hasn't come up on my feed yet.

itmeJP
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1101 Posts
October 17 2010 22:48 GMT
#1870
On October 18 2010 07:44 Wargizmo wrote:
Is the Weapon of Choic/SotG combo show going to be uploaded as a podcast? I only ask because I'm subscribed to both SotG and WoC and it hasn't come up on my feed yet.

I noticed I posted on a different account (trancey) earlier addressing this.
On October 18 2010 06:14 trancey wrote:
Host is back up again. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait for DJ Wheat to get back home before he can send me the audio file for our "live" show. I probably won't be able to get this uploaded and linked around until Tuesday as I am traveling cross country tomorrow (DC to LA).

Sorry, but not much I can do about it.

Twitter.com/itmeJP -- Twitch.tv/itmeJP -- YouTube.com/itmeJP
Yaotzin
Profile Joined August 2010
South Africa4280 Posts
October 17 2010 22:50 GMT
#1871
On October 18 2010 07:09 Numy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 07:01 Yaotzin wrote:
On October 18 2010 06:37 timbo wrote:
Guys on the podcast need to stop questioning him and accept hes easily one of the best foregin SC2 players atm.

No he's not. He has good/abusive (don't mean that in a negative way) tvp but his tvz was risible. IdrA demolished him in an embarassing fashion.


You realize that looking at one Bo3 and basing your conclusion off that is completely wrong. He has shown that he is top class. Doing well in many weekly cups and winning both TL Opens. This performance in MLG was merely a cherry on top proving his worth.

Nah I saw all his non tvt games, I just mentioned the final because it was particularly bad. I wasn't impressed with any of his games particularly. He has good control/multitask but his tvz is poor and his tvp is good but one dimensional. Admittedly I hate tvt so maybe he's amazing there and I don't know it.

He is easily one of the best foreign SC2 players atm.

Well he's not actually foreign anyways :0 But even if you count him as foreign I wouldn't have him as top 5, which is what I think of as "one of the best". Abusing tosses playing badly (Nony suiciding his stalkers for fun, lack of drop awareness from all the tosses) isn't enough really. Sounds like with better Zerg practice partners and a bit of variety he could comfortably be though. Not like the standard is very high compared to Koreans :0.
Wargizmo
Profile Joined March 2010
1237 Posts
October 17 2010 22:51 GMT
#1872
On October 18 2010 07:48 itmeJP wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 07:44 Wargizmo wrote:
Is the Weapon of Choic/SotG combo show going to be uploaded as a podcast? I only ask because I'm subscribed to both SotG and WoC and it hasn't come up on my feed yet.

I noticed I posted on a different account (trancey) earlier addressing this.
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 06:14 trancey wrote:
Host is back up again. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait for DJ Wheat to get back home before he can send me the audio file for our "live" show. I probably won't be able to get this uploaded and linked around until Tuesday as I am traveling cross country tomorrow (DC to LA).

Sorry, but not much I can do about it.



Thanks JP, I was only scanning for posts from the four pillars so I didn't notice this one.
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
October 17 2010 22:52 GMT
#1873
On October 18 2010 07:41 Slasher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 07:24 MavercK wrote:
listening to the latest one now on djwheats site.

slasher is really annoying so far. but been good otherwise.


I try


Slasher, thanks for calling InControl out in regards to downplaying Select's performance. That was great.
kojinshugi
Profile Joined August 2010
Estonia2559 Posts
October 17 2010 23:22 GMT
#1874
On October 18 2010 07:18 Defacer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 07:01 Yaotzin wrote:
On October 18 2010 06:37 timbo wrote:
Guys on the podcast need to stop questioning him and accept hes easily one of the best foregin SC2 players atm.

No he's not. He has good/abusive (don't mean that in a negative way) tvp but his tvz was risible. IdrA demolished him in an embarassing fashion.


That's really not fair. Idra destroyed EVERYONE in an embarassing fashion. I'm not saying that Select's TvZ is good, but most people's Anything v Idra is going to look weak.

If anything, I took Select's comment during the game of not having Zerg's to practice against as a compliment to Idra. Because he's right. There's not a Zerg in NA that comes close to Idra's skill level.



Idra didn't destroy Qxc in an embarassing fashion.
whatsgrackalackin420
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
October 17 2010 23:33 GMT
#1875
On October 18 2010 08:22 kojinshugi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 07:18 Defacer wrote:
On October 18 2010 07:01 Yaotzin wrote:
On October 18 2010 06:37 timbo wrote:
Guys on the podcast need to stop questioning him and accept hes easily one of the best foregin SC2 players atm.

No he's not. He has good/abusive (don't mean that in a negative way) tvp but his tvz was risible. IdrA demolished him in an embarassing fashion.


That's really not fair. Idra destroyed EVERYONE in an embarassing fashion. I'm not saying that Select's TvZ is good, but most people's Anything v Idra is going to look weak.

If anything, I took Select's comment during the game of not having Zerg's to practice against as a compliment to Idra. Because he's right. There's not a Zerg in NA that comes close to Idra's skill level.



Idra didn't destroy Qxc in an embarassing fashion.


Fair enough.
Kazang
Profile Joined August 2010
578 Posts
October 17 2010 23:37 GMT
#1876
On October 18 2010 08:22 kojinshugi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 07:18 Defacer wrote:
On October 18 2010 07:01 Yaotzin wrote:
On October 18 2010 06:37 timbo wrote:
Guys on the podcast need to stop questioning him and accept hes easily one of the best foregin SC2 players atm.

No he's not. He has good/abusive (don't mean that in a negative way) tvp but his tvz was risible. IdrA demolished him in an embarassing fashion.


That's really not fair. Idra destroyed EVERYONE in an embarassing fashion. I'm not saying that Select's TvZ is good, but most people's Anything v Idra is going to look weak.

If anything, I took Select's comment during the game of not having Zerg's to practice against as a compliment to Idra. Because he's right. There's not a Zerg in NA that comes close to Idra's skill level.



Idra didn't destroy Qxc in an embarassing fashion.


Or Kiwikaki.
timbo
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom70 Posts
October 17 2010 23:37 GMT
#1877
On October 18 2010 08:22 kojinshugi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 07:18 Defacer wrote:
On October 18 2010 07:01 Yaotzin wrote:
On October 18 2010 06:37 timbo wrote:
Guys on the podcast need to stop questioning him and accept hes easily one of the best foregin SC2 players atm.

No he's not. He has good/abusive (don't mean that in a negative way) tvp but his tvz was risible. IdrA demolished him in an embarassing fashion.


That's really not fair. Idra destroyed EVERYONE in an embarassing fashion. I'm not saying that Select's TvZ is good, but most people's Anything v Idra is going to look weak.

If anything, I took Select's comment during the game of not having Zerg's to practice against as a compliment to Idra. Because he's right. There's not a Zerg in NA that comes close to Idra's skill level.



Idra didn't destroy Qxc in an embarassing fashion.


And Select beat Qxc 2-0. Don't know why people are trying to hate on Select. He played great at the weekend and beat so many top players. Why not just be impressed or suprised and leave it at that. Also what is absuive about his TvP? What did he do that other terrans didnt?
timbo
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom70 Posts
October 17 2010 23:39 GMT
#1878
On October 18 2010 08:37 Kazang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 08:22 kojinshugi wrote:
On October 18 2010 07:18 Defacer wrote:
On October 18 2010 07:01 Yaotzin wrote:
On October 18 2010 06:37 timbo wrote:
Guys on the podcast need to stop questioning him and accept hes easily one of the best foregin SC2 players atm.

No he's not. He has good/abusive (don't mean that in a negative way) tvp but his tvz was risible. IdrA demolished him in an embarassing fashion.


That's really not fair. Idra destroyed EVERYONE in an embarassing fashion. I'm not saying that Select's TvZ is good, but most people's Anything v Idra is going to look weak.

If anything, I took Select's comment during the game of not having Zerg's to practice against as a compliment to Idra. Because he's right. There's not a Zerg in NA that comes close to Idra's skill level.



Idra didn't destroy Qxc in an embarassing fashion.


Or Kiwikaki.


Select beat Kiwi too.
FuriousJodo
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States212 Posts
October 17 2010 23:42 GMT
#1879
I really think with SelecT it was more of an exhaustion thing than anything else. He played a hell of a lot of games to get to that point. He's a very good/solid player and I really was surprised that the match went the way that it did.
http://www.youtube.com/FuriousJodo - SC2/Misc Gaming Commentary/etc
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
October 17 2010 23:46 GMT
#1880
Didn't Select bulldoze every single big name Protoss in the tournement that wasn't Incontrol?
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Prev 1 92 93 94 95 96 2731 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko181
Codebar 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22150
Calm 4051
Rain 2762
Hyuk 1547
Bisu 800
FanTaSy 466
Horang2 370
Soma 347
Rush 265
Jaedong 237
[ Show more ]
BeSt 230
Mong 206
Stork 202
Zeus 174
Mind 87
Mini 76
Pusan 61
ZerO 60
Sexy 57
Larva 54
ToSsGirL 54
Light 47
Barracks 39
Killer 33
910 32
Shinee 30
Yoon 29
NaDa 27
Free 17
sorry 16
Noble 14
Hm[arnc] 12
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5484
Counter-Strike
olofmeister957
byalli713
shoxiejesuss468
edward254
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King102
Other Games
gofns47985
singsing1415
dupreeh321
crisheroes257
ZerO(Twitch)4
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• iopq 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1775
• Stunt337
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 27m
Big Brain Bouts
23h 27m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.