• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:21
CEST 11:21
KST 18:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9626 users

Beta Key Self-Nominators - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 99 Next
DwmC_Foefen
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Belgium2186 Posts
April 17 2010 10:14 GMT
#301
On April 17 2010 19:01 Cheree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 18:45 Pholon wrote:
This thread, however, is a chance for you to redeem yourself.

Redeem themselves from what? There's nothing wrong with nominating yourself in a contest like this, especially when it was explicitely said it was okay to do so. I don't see people who got their very first beta keys giving them out to more deserving members of the community. People who don't have beta keys and didn't get nominated stand a better chance by self-nomination than no nomination at all. This patronizing attitude rubs me the wrong way.



It's just wrong to nominate yourself :p

The was called "Nominate SOMEONE to win a beta key". And then there were all these low postcount posters who went on and nominated themselves.

How do you call that in English?

Leechers? :p
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 10:16:38
April 17 2010 10:15 GMT
#302
Hot_Bid, I salute you for this amazing thread idea




On April 17 2010 14:51 IndecisivePenguin wrote:
Instantly made me think of The Dark Knight for some reason. Except in a backwards sort of way haha.


LOL yeah :D
beep boop
Dx Fx
Profile Joined March 2010
Russian Federation85 Posts
April 17 2010 10:19 GMT
#303
Well, i guess you can kill me from the list then actually i want a key, never really expected to get one so get me from the list.
Sn!per
Cheree
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada123 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 10:23:42
April 17 2010 10:19 GMT
#304
On April 17 2010 19:11 roronoe wrote:
There's a limited amount of keys and the whole point of the contest is to find out who's the most deserving. The idea is to self-nominate if you think you deserve it.

So why do you deserve it? What have you done to deserve it more than a hundred other people?

What you're saying is you did it because a 0.0001% is better than 0%. This isn't a fucking lottery contest. Others deserve it more than you and you know it.

Check the list again, I didn't nominate myself. I'm saying there's nothing wrong with those who did and could justify it, even those who couldn't justify it don't deserve the ridicule.

On April 17 2010 19:14 DwmC_Foefen wrote:
It's just wrong to nominate yourself :p

The was called "Nominate SOMEONE to win a beta key". And then there were all these low postcount posters who went on and nominated themselves.

How do you call that in English?

Leechers? :p

Someone could be = Yourself

If those new members could justify it somehow, then hey, they deserve a shot. It doesn't mean they'll win, that's up to whoever's judging this thing. The mere fact of nominating yourself isn't inherently wrong.
*wants beta*
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
April 17 2010 10:21 GMT
#305
So much butthurt going on here

SO MUCH BUTTHURR
dats racist
ColorsOfRainbow
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany354 Posts
April 17 2010 10:22 GMT
#306
ther wont enough players say no ^^ no chance ^^
Nytefish
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United Kingdom4282 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 10:24:28
April 17 2010 10:22 GMT
#307
What's going to happen is that keys will go to people who opt out.

I love these kind of social experiments.
No I'm never serious.
tRi[T]oN
Profile Joined June 2009
United States181 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 10:35:21
April 17 2010 10:32 GMT
#308
why so much hate for the ppl that actually had legit reasons for nominating themselves especially when the OP of the original thread said it was OK to nominate YOURSELF..... i really just dont get it. To all the people that had one post tho, well you can just ........

EDIT: and just so its known, i dont even want the key for myself, i want it for someone else who will enjoy it immensely, tbh right now i have too much going on (starting a business)/not a decent computer to have my own key, but if my small contribution can be beneficial to someone i know then i will try.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 10:47:06
April 17 2010 10:46 GMT
#309
On April 17 2010 19:32 tRi[T]oN wrote:
why so much hate for the ppl that actually had legit reasons for nominating themselves especially when the OP of the original thread said it was OK to nominate YOURSELF..... i really just dont get it. To all the people that had one post tho, well you can just ........

EDIT: and just so its known, i dont even want the key for myself, i want it for someone else who will enjoy it immensely, tbh right now i have too much going on (starting a business)/not a decent computer to have my own key, but if my small contribution can be beneficial to someone i know then i will try.

Just a test. Probably to weed out the greedy ones from the nice ones. This one is probably also a test to see who's still greedy even after being warned. I don't foresee them giving keys to random 1 post users who signed up just to beg for a key. It could happen, but I just don't see it as very likely.
God Bless
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
April 17 2010 10:48 GMT
#310
why are people talking like "such and such is more deserving." c'mon dudes, in the grand scheme of things, is anyone that deserving? who cares if they're "more" deserving.

thinking that one's self or someone else is deserving is a delusion created by those that want to believe they can do enough good in this world to win a prize for it.
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
April 17 2010 10:48 GMT
#311
On April 17 2010 19:32 tRi[T]oN wrote:
why so much hate for the ppl that actually had legit reasons for nominating themselves especially when the OP of the original thread said it was OK to nominate YOURSELF..... i really just dont get it. To all the people that had one post tho, well you can just ........

EDIT: and just so its known, i dont even want the key for myself, i want it for someone else who will enjoy it immensely, tbh right now i have too much going on (starting a business)/not a decent computer to have my own key, but if my small contribution can be beneficial to someone i know then i will try.


So... you won't be withdrawing then?
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
PizzaHash
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands76 Posts
April 17 2010 10:50 GMT
#312
For other peoples sake I will withdraw myself from the competition, I hope the keys will be handed out to a few lucky TL'rs
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
April 17 2010 10:50 GMT
#313
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! =D. I thought I wouldn't get the key. I do want the key and THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH TL!(did I say that already?.... o well)
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
Nachtigaller
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany36 Posts
April 17 2010 10:53 GMT
#314
I would nominate myself in an instant if i were in need of a key.
There is nothing wrong with that.
There is no truly selfless act, only people who try to live up the their social standarts, so dont act like you are better then the ones you call "greedy".
I doubt that enought people will crack under the social pressure and stand down from the competition. There is just no valid reason to do so in a online forum.
Wissen ist Nacht
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
April 17 2010 10:56 GMT
#315
On April 17 2010 19:01 Boundz(DarKo) wrote:
I didn't even know you could nominate yourself. If I had known I'd probably done it, even though I don't like the idea. However I totally deserve a key, I've waited for SC2 as long as anybody. Played starcraft for 10 years, created tons of maps and teached alot of players the game - not just the ingame but mind games. Atleast I've done something notable for the community, like I started playing seriously on iccup and streamed my games up to B-. Now I've been pretty much on hold since the first beta keys were out, not playing any starcraft and not even watching half the vods I used to. I love playing starcraft seriously and I want to continue doing so on SC2, probably for another 10 years or more. Now I haven't complained much about not getting a key even though alot of RL friends got keys and they don't even play starcraft the way I do. Sure I've made small posts on tl like "gif key plxx" but that's just as a joke. If blizzard wants me to wait for the game to come out for me to play it... so be it, I can wait (and wait and wait and...)


wow dude, 10 years of starcraft? i'm glad you didn't nominate yourself, you should give someone else a try.

you've already had 10 years of it! how much more selfish can you be?!
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
April 17 2010 10:58 GMT
#316
On April 17 2010 19:56 danl9rm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 19:01 Boundz(DarKo) wrote:
I didn't even know you could nominate yourself. If I had known I'd probably done it, even though I don't like the idea. However I totally deserve a key, I've waited for SC2 as long as anybody. Played starcraft for 10 years, created tons of maps and teached alot of players the game - not just the ingame but mind games. Atleast I've done something notable for the community, like I started playing seriously on iccup and streamed my games up to B-. Now I've been pretty much on hold since the first beta keys were out, not playing any starcraft and not even watching half the vods I used to. I love playing starcraft seriously and I want to continue doing so on SC2, probably for another 10 years or more. Now I haven't complained much about not getting a key even though alot of RL friends got keys and they don't even play starcraft the way I do. Sure I've made small posts on tl like "gif key plxx" but that's just as a joke. If blizzard wants me to wait for the game to come out for me to play it... so be it, I can wait (and wait and wait and...)


wow dude, 10 years of starcraft? i'm glad you didn't nominate yourself, you should give someone else a try.

you've already had 10 years of it! how much more selfish can you be?!

1st quote: You should've payed attention to the news. It clearly stated u could...
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
Makica
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada180 Posts
April 17 2010 10:59 GMT
#317
What if there is a different strategy. What if there is a plan to clean up the unworthy newcomers to TL by banning everyone who's name isn't crossed out on that list?


3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
April 17 2010 11:04 GMT
#318
On April 17 2010 19:59 Makica wrote:
What if there is a different strategy. What if there is a plan to clean up the unworthy newcomers to TL by banning everyone who's name isn't crossed out on that list?



I already thought of that... keep lurking on TL.net lol...
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
Rucky
Profile Joined February 2008
United States717 Posts
April 17 2010 11:04 GMT
#319
so basically when you get the key you're going to be feeling like crap
Beyond the Game
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
April 17 2010 11:04 GMT
#320
On April 17 2010 19:50 3FFA wrote:
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! =D. I thought I wouldn't get the key. I do want the key and THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH TL!(did I say that already?.... o well)


lol
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 99 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1205
Hyun 568
firebathero 541
Hyuk 398
BeSt 329
Jaedong 269
Mong 268
Soma 189
Shine 86
PianO 82
[ Show more ]
Sexy 62
910 50
Mind 48
sSak 41
Hm[arnc] 35
Shinee 30
ZergMaN 26
Bale 25
yabsab 20
HiyA 19
Sharp 15
sorry 12
ZerO 11
Noble 10
Stork 7
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe0
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1226
olofmeister1178
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King351
Other Games
gofns31658
summit1g7849
ceh9615
KnowMe126
Pyrionflax93
Livibee44
Trikslyr26
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick476
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos973
• Stunt381
Other Games
• Shiphtur439
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 39m
Patches Events
6h 39m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.