• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:09
CEST 07:09
KST 14:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5898 users

Day[9].tv Daily - Page 310

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 308 309 310 311 312 1118 Next
ymirheim
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden300 Posts
June 01 2010 03:12 GMT
#6181
On June 01 2010 12:09 Lollersauce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2010 12:07 ymirheim wrote:
Day9 speaking his mind and making good arguments >>>> people who just assert that whenever someone does not agree with them they are doing it because of politics or cowardice.

I thought that the whole "you are either with us or you are the enemy" was a kind of reasoning that you guys got rid of when you changed administration.


Lol.
He didn't even mention region lock, which is one of the biggest issues for someone who cares for competitive SC2. Of course it's politics.

And you've been white knighting for this Bnet 2.0 fiasco the whole time here, don't you get tired of defending garbage?

Ofcourse, I have actually not done that. I have actually held both positions that I think that there are some serious flaws with bnet 2.0 and that I think that they will be fixed eventually. But I can see how for someone who views the world in black and white where everyone is either a blizzard fanboy or just really really angry at everything would push people into either category and not be able to compute anyone actually holding a more complex opinion.
The only thing you should feel when you shoot someone... is the recoil
Lollersauce
Profile Joined April 2010
United States357 Posts
June 01 2010 03:13 GMT
#6182
You think they will be fixed eventually despite Frank Pearce calmly stating you will need to buy multiple copies to play cross region?

Give me a break. I am actually looking at what Blizzard reps have stated, the white knights are going on faith alone.
Afterhours
Profile Joined March 2010
United States125 Posts
June 01 2010 03:18 GMT
#6183

Lol.
He didn't even mention region lock, which is one of the biggest issues for someone who cares for competitive SC2. Of course it's politics.

And you've been white knighting for this Bnet 2.0 fiasco the whole time here, don't you get tired of defending garbage?


Why are you still bringing up this issue on TL? Everybody knows about it. At least the competitive populace who ARE interested in going professional. But what are you gonna do? Continue to makes threads on TL about it, or start sending letters to Blizz?

Dont you get tired of bringing up garbage from the bottom of the trashcan?
http://i.imgur.com/pHvpBxx.gif
Day[9]
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
United States7366 Posts
June 01 2010 03:19 GMT
#6184
Dude, I'm not gonna lie: I wish there were channels. I wish there was cross region support. I wish there was LAN latency.

I just happen to be confident my wishes will come true eventually .
Whenever I encounter some little hitch, or some of my orbs get out of orbit, nothing pleases me so much as to make the crooked straight and crush down uneven places. www.day9.tv
ymirheim
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden300 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-01 03:25:13
June 01 2010 03:21 GMT
#6185
On June 01 2010 12:13 Lollersauce wrote:
You think they will be fixed eventually despite Frank Pearce calmly stating you will need to buy multiple copies to play cross region?

Give me a break. I am actually looking at what Blizzard reps have stated, the white knights are going on faith alone.

Again just proving my point of complete inability to conceive that someone may have a more diverse opinion. You see, I don't necessarily have to think that EVERYTHING will be fixed exactly in the way I want it or I have to hate blizzard and threaten boycott.

Some things I don't think will be sorted in the way you might want in an ideal world, and some things I don't like but I actually do understand why they are the way they are. I would love cross server play, I actually do understand why there is no cross server play and why it will likely remain that way. I have stated elsewhere that I would love a compromise where Blizzard gives you the option of adding another region to your bnet account for a much smaller fee without having to buy a whole new game.

But in a world of colors however even if I don't think that this might happen, if I think that most other issues will be fixed then its not like everything has to be exactly peachy or the only alternative is to hate everything. I think the game will be just fine in the long run, I don't think that many features will be fine instantly but I have enough life experience to have some patience and just wait and see on some things. If you want to shrug all people of that position off as fanboys feel free to if it makes processing reality simpler. I don't really care what people on the internet think of me anyway.

I have played Blizzard games for a long time, I don't always get EVERY feature that I want but you know what, I have found that usually Blizzard implements most of the stuff people want, because they love games and they are developing games to be as good as they can be, whether it be for profit or for passion it doesn't matter. They want the game to be great and I am willing to be patient on some things and let them have the chance to prove that they are not as stupid as some people assert.
The only thing you should feel when you shoot someone... is the recoil
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-01 07:01:58
June 01 2010 03:21 GMT
#6186
Harvey Mudd is in Clairmont? omg I had no idea.
I heard you mention it so I looked it up.
Between 04 and 08 I worked right around there every day! Between Towne Ave and Mountain Ave right there on Foothill I merchandised milk for a dairy company. I even made a good few trips to what we just called "The Clairmont Colleges".
LMFAO I wish I had payed more attention to the Starcraft scene back then, I had just gotten married and wasn't playing much at the time.
Nice shirt, btw.

edit: Dead on about the Lan and crossrealm Sean
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
Lollersauce
Profile Joined April 2010
United States357 Posts
June 01 2010 03:22 GMT
#6187
On June 01 2010 12:18 Afterhours wrote:
Show nested quote +

Lol.
He didn't even mention region lock, which is one of the biggest issues for someone who cares for competitive SC2. Of course it's politics.

And you've been white knighting for this Bnet 2.0 fiasco the whole time here, don't you get tired of defending garbage?


Why are you still bringing up this issue on TL? Everybody knows about it. At least the competitive populace who ARE interested in going professional. But what are you gonna do? Continue to makes threads on TL about it, or start sending letters to Blizz?

Dont you get tired of bringing up garbage from the bottom of the trashcan?


I'm curious why it doesn't seem to be a big deal to a major caster like Day9 who seems to be interested in the competitive aspect of SC/SC2.

He's just brushing it off like "lol chatrooms who cares I want to believe", when one of the biggest hurts to competitive SC2 will be the actual region lock which was just confirmed by our buddy Frank. But that doesn't matter I s'pose. Not important enough to mention it on the cast.

Be less of a suck-up ffs.
Jacobs Ladder
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1705 Posts
June 01 2010 03:22 GMT
#6188
On June 01 2010 12:19 Day[9] wrote:
Dude, I'm not gonna lie: I wish there were channels. I wish there was cross region support. I wish there was LAN latency.

I just happen to be confident my wishes will come true eventually .

TAKE YOUR BEING REASONABLE ELSEWHERE! THIS IS A PLACE FOR EPIC NERD RAGE!

But seriously, Day[9] is probably right here. It will eventually get sorted. I have faith.
JoelB
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany311 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-01 03:36:16
June 01 2010 03:23 GMT
#6189
On June 01 2010 12:09 kzn wrote:
I want that tshirt so badly

[edit] what was the album name that he was playing in the beginning

i knew i should have written it down :<


Trentemoller - Into The Great Wide Yonder

---
concerning that bnet 2.0 activision thing ... i think people are oversimplyfing things alot. some complain about chat rooms, others about cross realm play again other about privacy issues. What you actually need to do is to put all the information together meaning: KeSPA, Bnet 2.0, Frank Pearce Interview, Activision / Robert Kotick stuff ... when you do that, you actually start to see what is going to happen with SC2 and Bnet 2.0 - meaning that in-game advertisment and pay-for-namechanging is just the beginning of capitalization on the customers. Of course, everyone is free to think what they want BUT i think it's a little naiv. It may be true that developers want to make the community happy, but stakeholders don't really care. They give a shit about eSports (read: no free tournaments, no free league/ladder system) as long as they cannot profit from it. Of course, they won't do all that stuff in the NEAR future because they don't want to hurt the growth of the game itself, but as soon as they see it is possible, you REALLY need to pay for this game. Stakeholders are in complete control over eSports now - have fun with it - i'm out. I can watch Day9 without buying the game.

I've already seen one game by Blizzard (WoW) beeing destroyed because of Stakeholders. It broke my heart. I will not let this happen again.
Islandsnake
Profile Joined April 2009
United States679 Posts
June 01 2010 03:25 GMT
#6190
On June 01 2010 12:19 Day[9] wrote:
Dude, I'm not gonna lie: I wish there were channels. I wish there was cross region support. I wish there was LAN latency.

I just happen to be confident my wishes will come true eventually .



A pretty good stance to take since, with the amount of feedback we are giving the chance is about as high as it can get.

Nothing wrong having some faith haha


Im curious do you like incineration zone as a map? I kinda feel like its a bit obnoxious lol
Bang!
Afterhours
Profile Joined March 2010
United States125 Posts
June 01 2010 03:28 GMT
#6191

I'm curious why it doesn't seem to be a big deal to a major caster like Day9 who seems to be interested in the competitive aspect of SC/SC2.


Maybe because hes got faith in Blizzard, like he stated in his cast. Just because you dont share the same enthusiasm, doesnt mean its not going to exist. Patience is a virtue.


He's just brushing it off like "lol chatrooms who cares I want to believe", when one of the biggest hurts to competitive SC2 will be the actual region lock which was just confirmed by our buddy Frank. But that doesn't matter I s'pose. Not important enough to mention it on the cast.

Be less of a suck-up ffs.


What does any of this have to do with sucking up?
http://i.imgur.com/pHvpBxx.gif
Lollersauce
Profile Joined April 2010
United States357 Posts
June 01 2010 03:28 GMT
#6192
On June 01 2010 12:19 Day[9] wrote:
Dude, I'm not gonna lie: I wish there were channels. I wish there was cross region support. I wish there was LAN latency.

I just happen to be confident my wishes will come true eventually .


Yeah, it'll be called ICCUP 2.0.
It's pretty obvious we can't count on Blizzard to get the job done (they show no intention) and if community representatives are too scared or made of bunnies and flowers to mention it, then what the hell.

I guess we're left with hoping the pirates do a good job...
Lollersauce
Profile Joined April 2010
United States357 Posts
June 01 2010 03:29 GMT
#6193
On June 01 2010 12:28 Afterhours wrote:
Show nested quote +

I'm curious why it doesn't seem to be a big deal to a major caster like Day9 who seems to be interested in the competitive aspect of SC/SC2.


Maybe because hes got faith in Blizzard, like he stated in his cast. Just because you dont share the same enthusiasm, doesnt mean its not going to exist. Patience is a virtue.

Show nested quote +

He's just brushing it off like "lol chatrooms who cares I want to believe", when one of the biggest hurts to competitive SC2 will be the actual region lock which was just confirmed by our buddy Frank. But that doesn't matter I s'pose. Not important enough to mention it on the cast.

Be less of a suck-up ffs.


What does any of this have to do with sucking up?


Faith faith faith faith.
Let me repeat this for you since you said it yourself: faith.
It has nothing to do with "being reasonable". It's quite the opposite.
Afterhours
Profile Joined March 2010
United States125 Posts
June 01 2010 03:35 GMT
#6194

Faith faith faith faith.
Let me repeat this for you since you said it yourself: faith.
It has nothing to do with "being reasonable". It's quite the opposite.


Yes, because faith = sucking up.


http://i.imgur.com/pHvpBxx.gif
Lollersauce
Profile Joined April 2010
United States357 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-01 03:49:12
June 01 2010 03:48 GMT
#6195
On June 01 2010 12:35 Afterhours wrote:
Yes, because faith = sucking up.


Faith pretty much = blind fanboyism or sucking up however you want to call it.
The definition of faith is that you give up explaining things with reason because you "believe".
Not that I have a problem with religious people in general, but we're talking about a company with stockholders here. Quite a long way from Jesus.

In any case, the facts are here: no xrealm without buying extra copies, no chatrooms, no LAN latency, no online replays... Good thing the game is pretty awesome, because Bnet 2.0 is pretty much a pile of shit. But Sean thinks it'll all be fixed with magic and butterflies, sometime between now and the 2nd expansion (awesome!)

Anyway, I suppose Day9 doesn't need to take unnecessary risks for 3000 viewers when Husky's already out there with 100k views...

User was banned for this post.
lorcasTV
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada100 Posts
June 01 2010 03:48 GMT
#6196
Hi Day9!
I was wondering what was that song you put on at the end of your cast.
<3
lorcas
Afterhours
Profile Joined March 2010
United States125 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-01 05:28:59
June 01 2010 04:04 GMT
#6197

Faith pretty much = blind fanboyism or sucking up however you want to call it.
The definition of faith is that you give up explaining things with reason because you "believe".
Not that I have a problem with religious people in general, but we're talking about a company with stockholders here. Quite a long way from Jesus.

In any case, the facts are here: no xrealm without buying extra copies, no chatrooms, no LAN latency, no online replays... Good thing the game is pretty awesome, because Bnet 2.0 is pretty much a pile of shit. But Sean thinks it'll all be fixed with magic and butterflies, sometime between now and the 2nd expansion (awesome!)

Anyway, I suppose Day9 doesn't need to take unnecessary risks for 3000 viewers when Husky's already out there with 100k views...


Man, how was your bowl of Hater-O's this morning? lol

What is the stone age thinking process you got going on? Maybe its my fault for not explaining that when I say I have faith in Blizzard, I mean that I trust that they will make the right decision in the future, as always. Mostly. Maybe not for WoW... Blind Fanboyism? Far from it. I despise mindless drones who cant think for themselves, or see anything reasonable. Please dont ever make a Jesus reference to having faith in a company that they'll do the right thing. It makes you look ignorant.

Do I find it reasonable that we have to purchase all 3 Region Clients if we want to play xrealm? No, but whats the amount of consumers who will want to play on all 3 regions? Definitely not the casual gamers. And believe it or not, the pro-gamers who will be playing SC2 make up a some-what small portion of the pie. You dont like it? Sucks. Sacrifices are to be made if you wanna go big. Ive already accepted this.

The chat rooms complaint is retarded in its own right. Would I mind having chat-rooms? No, but if there wasnt, ive got a million other ways of communicating with other Starcraft players (*cough* TL *cough cough*) Stop making a huge fuss over it. Use others tools at your disposal.

No LAN blows. Wont argue. And online replays are as easy as jumping on vent, and timing a replay start with your buddy. Problem solved.

By all means, go watch Husky then. You can keep your bad energy saved up for him.

(Just want to clarify that I mean no ill-will towards Husky. First stream I watched was his when SC2 beta started. XD)
http://i.imgur.com/pHvpBxx.gif
hacpee
Profile Joined November 2007
United States752 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-01 04:10:34
June 01 2010 04:10 GMT
#6198
On May 29 2010 15:31 whetherby wrote:
i remember seeing info about a small one day tourney, which day9 was commentating on. The sponsors were the creators of an airplane fighting flash game. when is that?

You missed it. It was during the last weekend.
Kultcher
Profile Joined May 2010
United States150 Posts
June 01 2010 04:25 GMT
#6199
On June 01 2010 13:04 Afterhours wrote:
A bunch of smart and reasonable things.


Thumbs up, sir.

And the fact that Day[9] isn't joining the legions of haters just makes me respect him more.
toadstool
Profile Joined May 2006
Australia421 Posts
June 01 2010 04:40 GMT
#6200
I read so much blind Blizzard hate here that I have to post something. I agree with Day on most of his points.

Some people make a point about people having blind faith or fanboyism towards Blizzard and their products. But you guys are being hypocrites, because you have exactly the same blind faith in Blizzard NOT satisfying our expectations. STARCRAFT 2 ISN'T EVEN RELEASED YET, and yet you're still bitching about features that aren't in the game. YOU HAVEN'T PAID A CENT TO PLAY IT YET, and yet you're still bitching.

Yep, we got no evidence of cross realm play and chatrooms. BUT you've got no evidence that they're not putting in the first patch they release for Starcraft 2. Let's be reasonable instead of being angry internet capitalism hating nerds.

If I paid for the game and it didn't have the stuff I wanted, I would be angry. But it's in Beta and people are threatening to boycott it, saying Blizzard doesn't listen to us, the ladder system is shit. RELAX! it's not even released yet!

The only thing that you really got to be angry at Blizzard for is the lack of LAN support.
NEWB?!
Prev 1 308 309 310 311 312 1118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 118
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2498
GuemChi 708
Leta 162
Snow 94
Terrorterran 66
NaDa 35
Bale 31
Noble 15
Icarus 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
febbydoto23
League of Legends
JimRising 646
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox413
Mew2King57
Other Games
summit1g7209
WinterStarcraft375
C9.Mang0277
Sick135
ViBE88
Trikslyr34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick445
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 109
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2144
League of Legends
• Lourlo1244
• Stunt433
Other Games
• Shiphtur492
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 51m
Patches Events
10h 51m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.