• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:30
CEST 17:30
KST 00:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10842 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 64

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 379 Next
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
February 10 2012 22:57 GMT
#1261
Fucking garbage day. 1.5 hours of sleep is not good for lifting =[
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 11 2012 01:00 GMT
#1262
On February 11 2012 07:37 Catch wrote:
Saw a chick doing mad chin ups today. Was mesmerized.

Think I got caught looking too.


Grin back and give a thumbs up
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-11 01:17:36
February 11 2012 01:17 GMT
#1263
On February 11 2012 07:12 rEiGN~ wrote:
yo, should I squeeze my ass in at the top of each squat rep, while taking breath in? a quite experienced lifter* said to me that my posture should be more elongated at the top, and I'm trying to figure out how to achieve that properly.

* really, I was surprised to actually find one at my gym, probably only one there who's heard of SS and 5x5 etc.


Yes, glutes should be helping to lockout; you want to involve your entire body in the lift.

Box squat: 110kgx2x12 (lol)
BP: 3sec pause 92.5x3 x5 x3, 100x3 x5 x3, (legal pause)107.5x1

So I followed smolov spreadsheet and did 2x12 on box squats, no clue why tbh, just picked a weight that felt heavy and comfortable and did a double every 2 mins. Not sure I gained anything from it but it's supposed to be easy so its ok.

Bench pressing was really exiting on the other hand, I think my technique is back, I benched 100x5 with 3 sec pauses with some gas in the tank left, and 107.5 felt realllllllllly light. I'm sure I'll be lifting at least 130 after 10 weeks of this program :d.

Edit: Also lol @ eshlow giving accurate advice on how to pick up girls aswell.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 11 2012 01:54 GMT
#1264
85 power snatch pr, followed by this
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 11 2012 02:09 GMT
#1265
On February 11 2012 10:54 AoN.DimSum wrote:
85 power snatch pr, followed by this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5NDrO7Za3E


So sexy. What are you shooting for at nationals?
Managed to snatch 116 today hungover as shit so i was pretty happy :D
went 80,85,90,95,100,102,104,106,108,110,112,114,116 with only ~5 misses.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 11 2012 02:14 GMT
#1266
how the hell do you lift after drinking lOL I tried doing that once and my coach told me to go home.

I want at least 95/115 by nationals. We will see.

by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 11 2012 02:40 GMT
#1267
On February 11 2012 11:14 AoN.DimSum wrote:
how the hell do you lift after drinking lOL I tried doing that once and my coach told me to go home.

I want at least 95/115 by nationals. We will see.



Haha lots of practice. We joke that since we've adapted our bodies to lifting in more difficult state that we are making ourselves even better than training not hungover :-p
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
jjhchsc2
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)2393 Posts
February 11 2012 03:52 GMT
#1268
^^^^LOL
wish that happened to me.
eat crap sleep crap and workout to make more progress than normal
hahaha

Lee Ssang/ Lee Shin/ Kim Jung Woo/ Kim Min Chul/Jun Tae Yang/Park Soo Ho/Lee Jung Hoon/Choi Sung Hoon/ Moon Sung Won/Park Ji Soo/ Lee Ho Joon/ Jang Min Chul/ Kim Seung Chul/SaSe/IdrA/Ret Fighting! BW4Life
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-11 04:22:22
February 11 2012 04:22 GMT
#1269
oops wrong thread
☺
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
February 11 2012 05:07 GMT
#1270
I'm getting lazy with my workouts... I never feel like doing my last couple exercises. Didn't do calves today (I never do -__-), haven't done forearms in 3 weeks, and haven't done abs once yet.

On the good side, new PR for OHDP. 4reps of 70lb @ 168lb bw today.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 11 2012 05:34 GMT
#1271
On February 11 2012 14:07 FiWiFaKi wrote:
I'm getting lazy with my workouts... I never feel like doing my last couple exercises. Didn't do calves today (I never do -__-), haven't done forearms in 3 weeks, and haven't done abs once yet.

On the good side, new PR for OHDP. 4reps of 70lb @ 168lb bw today.


Lucky you've got it set up so the exercises that "matter" are first, and still getting done. If you have to skip anything, abs calves and forearms are the way to go!

Managed 4x6 with +15 lbs on chinups. Hard as hell; I think I'll try for 3x5 with 20 lbs next time, and then build my way up to 4x8 before I increase the weight any more.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
February 11 2012 05:45 GMT
#1272
Still recovering from bulging lumbar disc.
Lack of lower body exercises are killing me
Can't even front squat for another week at least. At least once the pain goes away, I can start doing front squats and cleans. I can feel that it's not that far away until I'm pain-free! Then I'll be happy even if I can't lift heavy
Official Entusman #21
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-11 06:12:53
February 11 2012 06:12 GMT
#1273
Beasted a test. Eating a lot, but not exercising. Still waiting for eshlow's book to arrive XD
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
February 11 2012 07:35 GMT
#1274
Does anyone know when Martin Berkhan's book is coming out? I've read a few interviews, but he is so vague about anything specific date-wise.
☺
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 11 2012 07:58 GMT
#1275
On February 11 2012 10:17 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2012 07:12 rEiGN~ wrote:
yo, should I squeeze my ass in at the top of each squat rep, while taking breath in? a quite experienced lifter* said to me that my posture should be more elongated at the top, and I'm trying to figure out how to achieve that properly.

* really, I was surprised to actually find one at my gym, probably only one there who's heard of SS and 5x5 etc.


Yes, glutes should be helping to lockout; you want to involve your entire body in the lift.

Box squat: 110kgx2x12 (lol)
BP: 3sec pause 92.5x3 x5 x3, 100x3 x5 x3, (legal pause)107.5x1

So I followed smolov spreadsheet and did 2x12 on box squats, no clue why tbh, just picked a weight that felt heavy and comfortable and did a double every 2 mins. Not sure I gained anything from it but it's supposed to be easy so its ok.

Bench pressing was really exiting on the other hand, I think my technique is back, I benched 100x5 with 3 sec pauses with some gas in the tank left, and 107.5 felt realllllllllly light. I'm sure I'll be lifting at least 130 after 10 weeks of this program :d.

Edit: Also lol @ eshlow giving accurate advice on how to pick up girls aswell.


Eshlow is a fucking baller. Poker, Starcraft, Nutrition, Exercise, this guy has got it all on LOCK. Why the fuck shouldn't this man have the girls falling all over him as well?

Also, it's chinups. This man is a gymnast's coach and a gentleman, and makes his living with people who can do a ridiculous amount of chinups. His advice is guaran-fucking-TEED to be perfect in such a situation.
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
February 11 2012 09:22 GMT
#1276
So I tried low-bar squats for the first time and shoulder flexibility wasn't as bad as I thought although it needs working.

Question is, why was my wrists feeling like it was about to snap in half?! This was empty bar btw.
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
Ludrik
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia523 Posts
February 11 2012 11:46 GMT
#1277
Work on keeping your wrists as straight as possible. Just keep working shoulder flexibility and it should improve. Holding the bar a bit wider will help keep your wrists straight while you work on this.
Only a fool would die laughing. I was a fool.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 11 2012 12:09 GMT
#1278
and make sure youre not trying to push the bar up with your hands. in fact, you should try to pull it down as that will create a better shelf for the bar on your back and also tense up your upper back muscles
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 11 2012 15:06 GMT
#1279
On February 11 2012 16:35 Release wrote:
Does anyone know when Martin Berkhan's book is coming out? I've read a few interviews, but he is so vague about anything specific date-wise.


From what I've heard he's postponing it
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
February 11 2012 20:57 GMT
#1280
Thanks Ludrik and Zafrumi! I saw a Mr. Rippetoe 20 min video on the low-bar squat and I can see what you guy's are talking about, my arm position was totally wrong lol.
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 338
OGKoka 260
Codebar 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40720
Calm 3844
Shuttle 1918
Bisu 1629
FanTaSy 1456
Mini 1103
Soma 701
Rush 581
EffOrt 477
Stork 328
[ Show more ]
Light 296
actioN 282
Snow 249
Hyuk 246
firebathero 210
ZerO 209
Dewaltoss 106
Zeus 85
Barracks 80
hero 71
Sea.KH 51
Shinee 48
Killer 46
Pusan 36
Sharp 36
Hyun 35
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 29
Free 26
Shine 20
Yoon 20
Aegong 18
PianO 17
HiyA 16
sorry 16
zelot 15
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7710
Dendi1002
League of Legends
KnowMe41
Counter-Strike
x6flipin674
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes553
Other Games
singsing2300
hiko1591
B2W.Neo357
byalli269
mouzStarbuck203
Livibee199
Liquid`VortiX186
Hui .169
Beastyqt136
Mew2King69
Trikslyr59
RotterdaM23
Rex19
ZerO(Twitch)15
FrodaN0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV248
League of Legends
• Nemesis2683
Other Games
• Shiphtur549
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 45m
Replay Cast
7h 30m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.