• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:44
CEST 15:44
KST 22:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8974 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 63

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 379 Next
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
February 10 2012 07:23 GMT
#1241
On February 10 2012 14:41 Kamais Ookin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 14:37 thedeadhaji wrote:
I AM SO FAT!!
You squatz 330, dat's impossible. Fat crumples to the might of 330 squatz EZ.


My belly and I disagree!
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
February 10 2012 07:42 GMT
#1242
On February 10 2012 16:23 thedeadhaji wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 14:41 Kamais Ookin wrote:
On February 10 2012 14:37 thedeadhaji wrote:
I AM SO FAT!!
You squatz 330, dat's impossible. Fat crumples to the might of 330 squatz EZ.


My belly and I disagree!
This is unacceptable. 335 SQUATZ EVAPORATE BELLY GOGOGO!
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-10 09:41:45
February 10 2012 09:02 GMT
#1243
On February 10 2012 12:14 Release wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 03:50 Necosarius wrote:
I don't know how but I have fucked up my metabolism or something. After some calorie counting for 2 weeks I eat on average ~900 calories on resting days and 1500 calories on training days. But I'm still not losing any fat I'm eating very clean, only the occasional bread and some milk is non paleo. My lifts are still doing weekly progression but planche and L-sit is not progressing at all. What should I do now? :/

I'm going to be honest here: "clean" eating is only good for your health, and being strictly "clean" has little to no benefit than being mostly "clean" (around 75-80%). I assume you're looking to cut. Eat 500-1000 (based on how fat you are) Calories under maintenance.
Honestly, you are probably losing fat, and probably a good amount of lean mass to go with it if you are eating that little.

My scale and measurements says im not losing any :/ but yeah i have somehow gone from a 500 calorie deficit to 1500 dedicit.

Edit: well 1.5k cal from my previous maintenance. Don't know what it is now ^^'
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
February 10 2012 09:25 GMT
#1244
Not losing weight doesn't necessarily mean you're not losing fat.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 10 2012 10:22 GMT
#1245
On February 10 2012 14:32 GoTuNk! wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

On February 10 2012 12:12 phyre112 wrote:
Finished week3 day 2 of smolov. Before this routine, my max attempts at this weight were 4-2-2 and today I finished 5 sets of 7 reps ezpz.

Well, not really ezpz. My legs were shaking and I was too exhausted to do any of the other exercises I had planned (DB bench, weighted chins) so I'll go back tomorrow and do all of those... but during the sets I felt like I had one more rep in me. On Friday it's time to add another 10 lbs. That will put me at 5 pounds past the weight that, before this routine was my 5rm, and I'll be doing 7 sets of 5 with it. Then the next day right into ten triples with what will be a PR weight lifted for any amount of reps. DAMN this is intense, but it's amazing how well a body can adapt providing you give it enough food and rest. Need to be serious these next few days about those two though, lucky I don't have rugby and I'll have to go light on the drinks this weekend.

Then it's on to the Bench races!


smolov delivers. I'm 2 weeks ahead of you :p, should have talked so we have done it at the same time.


I started one week after you, then had a small "hang up" that forced me to take off one full week from my first thursday.

What kinds of things are you doing during switching phase?
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 10 2012 11:53 GMT
#1246
On February 10 2012 18:02 Necosarius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 12:14 Release wrote:
On February 10 2012 03:50 Necosarius wrote:
I don't know how but I have fucked up my metabolism or something. After some calorie counting for 2 weeks I eat on average ~900 calories on resting days and 1500 calories on training days. But I'm still not losing any fat I'm eating very clean, only the occasional bread and some milk is non paleo. My lifts are still doing weekly progression but planche and L-sit is not progressing at all. What should I do now? :/

I'm going to be honest here: "clean" eating is only good for your health, and being strictly "clean" has little to no benefit than being mostly "clean" (around 75-80%). I assume you're looking to cut. Eat 500-1000 (based on how fat you are) Calories under maintenance.
Honestly, you are probably losing fat, and probably a good amount of lean mass to go with it if you are eating that little.

My scale and measurements says im not losing any :/ but yeah i have somehow gone from a 500 calorie deficit to 1500 dedicit.

Edit: well 1.5k cal from my previous maintenance. Don't know what it is now ^^'


maybe your body went into hardcore starvation mode because you ate too little!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Dromar
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States2145 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-10 12:10:28
February 10 2012 12:06 GMT
#1247
On February 10 2012 05:27 Necosarius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 04:59 glurio wrote:
On February 10 2012 03:50 Necosarius wrote:
I don't know how but I have fucked up my metabolism or something. After some calorie counting for 2 weeks I eat on average ~900 calories on resting days and 1500 calories on training days. But I'm still not losing any fat I'm eating very clean, only the occasional bread and some milk is non paleo. My lifts are still doing weekly progression but planche and L-sit is not progressing at all. What should I do now? :/



are you a 90 pound girl? if not eat more.

Yeah I'm thinking of just stuffing myself full of food and see what happens The thing is, I've started to eat when I'm feeling hungry and that's just it, I'm not hungry anymore :o Weird for someone who used to be overweight.



On February 10 2012 18:02 Necosarius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 12:14 Release wrote:
On February 10 2012 03:50 Necosarius wrote:
I don't know how but I have fucked up my metabolism or something. After some calorie counting for 2 weeks I eat on average ~900 calories on resting days and 1500 calories on training days. But I'm still not losing any fat I'm eating very clean, only the occasional bread and some milk is non paleo. My lifts are still doing weekly progression but planche and L-sit is not progressing at all. What should I do now? :/

I'm going to be honest here: "clean" eating is only good for your health, and being strictly "clean" has little to no benefit than being mostly "clean" (around 75-80%). I assume you're looking to cut. Eat 500-1000 (based on how fat you are) Calories under maintenance.
Honestly, you are probably losing fat, and probably a good amount of lean mass to go with it if you are eating that little.

My scale and measurements says im not losing any :/ but yeah i have somehow gone from a 500 calorie deficit to 1500 dedicit.

Edit: well 1.5k cal from my previous maintenance. Don't know what it is now ^^'



This sounds like me 7 months ago!

I'm no expert, so if someone who sounds more educated wants to contradict me, that's fine, but here's what I'd recommend:

1. Eat more. When I started out, I focused on eating meals that were low calorie, and just eating when I was hungry, and as a result was eating only 900 - 1200 calories per day. Eventually, I was no longer getting any results, and was feeling pretty shitty overall. I guess on the plus side, it lead me to TLHF to get some answers! Anyway, if you're anything like me, you want to see results from your determination and hard work, but you have to realize that it takes time and you need to take it "slow and steady." I'd suggest shooting for 1500 calories on rest days and 1800 on workout days. I don't know your height/weight/age, so maybe this should be modified based on that, but that's what I do and I've found it effective and I feel really good. I'm pretty sure you'll still have a significant calorie deficit as well.

2. Eat more protein!. #1 is really easy when you take the advice to try to get 1g of protein per lb of body weight per day. To be honest, I don't get that much protein, but I do try to get my bodyweight of protein on workout days and ~140+ on rest days. Again I'm no expert, but protein is filling, satisfying, helps build muscle, and it's pretty manly to eat dead animals!

3. Measure yourself only once a week. Early on, I was checking the scale every day, and it just confused and frustrated me. In all honesty, it's possible that you're making significant progress right now, but aren't seeing it due to natural fluctuations in body weight. Try to weight yourself at the same time every week. Personally, on Wednesday mornings, I get up, go to the bathroom, and weigh in. Even then, the numbers can be confusing, as it sometimes appears like I made no progress after a good week, and then magically lost 3 lbs the next. The point is, you really have to look at the long term, and weighing in every day isn't going to give you any meaningful information.

Good luck and have fun!
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
February 10 2012 15:52 GMT
#1248
Today I had the worst workout ever. Long story short, I had a week off (feb 1 - feb8) because I friend came over to visit me. During that time I drank more than I had in the past 6 months. I resumed the training on Feb 8 and everything seemed alright. I did 78kgx5x5 squats and it was a struggle (as usual). The only thing 'weird' was failing the last rep of the 5th set when bench pressing. I felt really sore on the following day. Surprisingly, I felt even worse when I woke up today, even though I thought I slept just fine.

When I got to the gym, Right off the bat I could tell that my upper back hurt. The barbell was hurting it for some reason and the first warm-up (with only 20kg) felt really awkward. By the end of the quick warm up I was just fine. I went for a 80kgx5x5 PR and the first set was a big struggle, but normal. The 2nd set was a little worse, and the barbell wasn't really on a 'natural' position on my back. I initiated the 3rd set, did two reps and after that I remember feeling really week and basically thinking "holy shit I can't do it, If I go down I won't come back up again." I still took a couple deep breaths before deciding to place the barbell back.

I felt really shitty as this is the first time it happens to me. After that, I was so fucking disappointed I wanted to go home but decided to stay in the gym and at least do something else. I did 40kg3x5 military press (as opposed to the usual 42kgx5x5) and went for the deadlift. I was really pissed at myself and decided to go for a PR. I actually added 4kg to my PR instead of just 2kg. That almost saved the day, but I'm still disappointed and worried about the squat hehe. I'm afraid to fail again. It sucks that at my gym they don't have a proper rack right now, so I wouldn't like to go for it and risk having to let the barbell go since the floor is not prepared for it.

meh. I'm angry.
For the Swarm!
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-10 17:48:21
February 10 2012 17:46 GMT
#1249
On February 11 2012 00:52 Raidern wrote:
I initiated the 3rd set, did two reps and after that I remember feeling really week and basically thinking "holy shit I can't do it, If I go down I won't come back up again." I still took a couple deep breaths before deciding to place the barbell back


Don't do this

They make safety bars for a reason, next time you feel like you aren't going to get out of the hole, remember how you feel now knowing how shitty a workout you had. Get angry, blast some angry music and kill that weight.

EDIT: didn't read the whole post first. If you don't have a proper rack or anywhere to dump the weight safely try to get spotters. Your main goal now should be getting a gym with a proper squat rack or cage though =]

How are you squatting if you don't have safety bars?
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-10 17:59:24
February 10 2012 17:57 GMT
#1250
On February 11 2012 00:52 Raidern wrote:
Today I had the worst workout ever. Long story short, I had a week off (feb 1 - feb8) because I friend came over to visit me. During that time I drank more than I had in the past 6 months. I resumed the training on Feb 8 and everything seemed alright. I did 78kgx5x5 squats and it was a struggle (as usual). The only thing 'weird' was failing the last rep of the 5th set when bench pressing. I felt really sore on the following day. Surprisingly, I felt even worse when I woke up today, even though I thought I slept just fine.

When I got to the gym, Right off the bat I could tell that my upper back hurt. The barbell was hurting it for some reason and the first warm-up (with only 20kg) felt really awkward. By the end of the quick warm up I was just fine. I went for a 80kgx5x5 PR and the first set was a big struggle, but normal. The 2nd set was a little worse, and the barbell wasn't really on a 'natural' position on my back. I initiated the 3rd set, did two reps and after that I remember feeling really week and basically thinking "holy shit I can't do it, If I go down I won't come back up again." I still took a couple deep breaths before deciding to place the barbell back.

I felt really shitty as this is the first time it happens to me. After that, I was so fucking disappointed I wanted to go home but decided to stay in the gym and at least do something else. I did 40kg3x5 military press (as opposed to the usual 42kgx5x5) and went for the deadlift. I was really pissed at myself and decided to go for a PR. I actually added 4kg to my PR instead of just 2kg. That almost saved the day, but I'm still disappointed and worried about the squat hehe. I'm afraid to fail again. It sucks that at my gym they don't have a proper rack right now, so I wouldn't like to go for it and risk having to let the barbell go since the floor is not prepared for it.

meh. I'm angry.


Don't be so hard on yourself, drinking 6 days straight has its toll on your body or at least, on your CNS. Form break and follow up weakness is normal.
Next time plan ahead and keep a "light" day before you jump back into heavy training. If you are doing m/w/f split just do sunday or monday light, and then train on tuesday/thursday/saturday. Continue normal m/w/f after.
I disagree with the poster above, I think the worst you could do is push yourself too hard and injure urself. Alcohol produces dehidratation and ruins or technique, so you are in a bigger danger. It is very different than pushing yourself hard when you have been training for more than 3 weeks and your form is a lot better.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 10 2012 18:31 GMT
#1251
On February 10 2012 14:37 thedeadhaji wrote:
I AM SO FAT!!


me too
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
February 10 2012 18:52 GMT
#1252
On February 11 2012 02:57 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2012 00:52 Raidern wrote:
Today I had the worst workout ever. Long story short, I had a week off (feb 1 - feb8) because I friend came over to visit me. During that time I drank more than I had in the past 6 months. I resumed the training on Feb 8 and everything seemed alright. I did 78kgx5x5 squats and it was a struggle (as usual). The only thing 'weird' was failing the last rep of the 5th set when bench pressing. I felt really sore on the following day. Surprisingly, I felt even worse when I woke up today, even though I thought I slept just fine.

When I got to the gym, Right off the bat I could tell that my upper back hurt. The barbell was hurting it for some reason and the first warm-up (with only 20kg) felt really awkward. By the end of the quick warm up I was just fine. I went for a 80kgx5x5 PR and the first set was a big struggle, but normal. The 2nd set was a little worse, and the barbell wasn't really on a 'natural' position on my back. I initiated the 3rd set, did two reps and after that I remember feeling really week and basically thinking "holy shit I can't do it, If I go down I won't come back up again." I still took a couple deep breaths before deciding to place the barbell back.

I felt really shitty as this is the first time it happens to me. After that, I was so fucking disappointed I wanted to go home but decided to stay in the gym and at least do something else. I did 40kg3x5 military press (as opposed to the usual 42kgx5x5) and went for the deadlift. I was really pissed at myself and decided to go for a PR. I actually added 4kg to my PR instead of just 2kg. That almost saved the day, but I'm still disappointed and worried about the squat hehe. I'm afraid to fail again. It sucks that at my gym they don't have a proper rack right now, so I wouldn't like to go for it and risk having to let the barbell go since the floor is not prepared for it.

meh. I'm angry.


Don't be so hard on yourself, drinking 6 days straight has its toll on your body or at least, on your CNS. Form break and follow up weakness is normal.
Next time plan ahead and keep a "light" day before you jump back into heavy training. If you are doing m/w/f split just do sunday or monday light, and then train on tuesday/thursday/saturday. Continue normal m/w/f after.
I disagree with the poster above, I think the worst you could do is push yourself too hard and injure urself. Alcohol produces dehidratation and ruins or technique, so you are in a bigger danger. It is very different than pushing yourself hard when you have been training for more than 3 weeks and your form is a lot better.

There is a huge difference between not trying a rep because your last one hurt and you are worried about form and not doing a rep because you are tired and are worried about not being able to do the next one. =\
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
February 10 2012 19:20 GMT
#1253
Thanks for the words guys. I just wanted to talk about it with someone since I have no local friend who does the same exercises as I do. The gym sucks too, everytime I asked for advice, the instructors came up with some bullshit that went against common sense and all I learned from SS book and technique videos.
For the Swarm!
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
February 10 2012 20:24 GMT
#1254
Ohfugme... End total of todays food intake is some 800g of potatoes, 800g of beef, 200g of broccoli, 125g of cottage cheese, 5 bananas and 2liters of milk. Iwannadiedotcom.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
February 10 2012 21:11 GMT
#1255
On February 10 2012 19:22 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 14:32 GoTuNk! wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

On February 10 2012 12:12 phyre112 wrote:
Finished week3 day 2 of smolov. Before this routine, my max attempts at this weight were 4-2-2 and today I finished 5 sets of 7 reps ezpz.

Well, not really ezpz. My legs were shaking and I was too exhausted to do any of the other exercises I had planned (DB bench, weighted chins) so I'll go back tomorrow and do all of those... but during the sets I felt like I had one more rep in me. On Friday it's time to add another 10 lbs. That will put me at 5 pounds past the weight that, before this routine was my 5rm, and I'll be doing 7 sets of 5 with it. Then the next day right into ten triples with what will be a PR weight lifted for any amount of reps. DAMN this is intense, but it's amazing how well a body can adapt providing you give it enough food and rest. Need to be serious these next few days about those two though, lucky I don't have rugby and I'll have to go light on the drinks this weekend.

Then it's on to the Bench races!


smolov delivers. I'm 2 weeks ahead of you :p, should have talked so we have done it at the same time.


I started one week after you, then had a small "hang up" that forced me to take off one full week from my first thursday.

What kinds of things are you doing during switching phase?


On monday I did 180kg squat partials x10x3 (170kg 1rm)
Wednesday power cleans 40x3x8 (lol i'm so bad at this)
Friday I'm doing box squats with whatever weight I can (never done them before)
I do bench on all 3 days, might do 4 on next week.

Plan to add some weight or reps next week aswell.
Just following the smolov spreadsheet from stronglifts.


phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 10 2012 21:20 GMT
#1256
On February 11 2012 06:11 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 19:22 phyre112 wrote:
On February 10 2012 14:32 GoTuNk! wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

On February 10 2012 12:12 phyre112 wrote:
Finished week3 day 2 of smolov. Before this routine, my max attempts at this weight were 4-2-2 and today I finished 5 sets of 7 reps ezpz.

Well, not really ezpz. My legs were shaking and I was too exhausted to do any of the other exercises I had planned (DB bench, weighted chins) so I'll go back tomorrow and do all of those... but during the sets I felt like I had one more rep in me. On Friday it's time to add another 10 lbs. That will put me at 5 pounds past the weight that, before this routine was my 5rm, and I'll be doing 7 sets of 5 with it. Then the next day right into ten triples with what will be a PR weight lifted for any amount of reps. DAMN this is intense, but it's amazing how well a body can adapt providing you give it enough food and rest. Need to be serious these next few days about those two though, lucky I don't have rugby and I'll have to go light on the drinks this weekend.

Then it's on to the Bench races!


smolov delivers. I'm 2 weeks ahead of you :p, should have talked so we have done it at the same time.


I started one week after you, then had a small "hang up" that forced me to take off one full week from my first thursday.

What kinds of things are you doing during switching phase?


On monday I did 180kg squat partials x10x3 (170kg 1rm)
Wednesday power cleans 40x3x8 (lol i'm so bad at this)
Friday I'm doing box squats with whatever weight I can (never done them before)
I do bench on all 3 days, might do 4 on next week.

Plan to add some weight or reps next week aswell.
Just following the smolov spreadsheet from stronglifts.




The spreadsheet that I have doesn't have anything specified for this break. I think I'll focus on cleans (or attempting to full clean) leg press, and box jumps/depth jump. Squat partials are not really my thing, as I'm lifting to be a better athlete anyway. If I weren't, I wouldn't squat High Bar ATG with a narrow stance - and consequently, would probably move more weight.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
February 10 2012 21:25 GMT
#1257
On February 11 2012 06:20 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2012 06:11 GoTuNk! wrote:
On February 10 2012 19:22 phyre112 wrote:
On February 10 2012 14:32 GoTuNk! wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

On February 10 2012 12:12 phyre112 wrote:
Finished week3 day 2 of smolov. Before this routine, my max attempts at this weight were 4-2-2 and today I finished 5 sets of 7 reps ezpz.

Well, not really ezpz. My legs were shaking and I was too exhausted to do any of the other exercises I had planned (DB bench, weighted chins) so I'll go back tomorrow and do all of those... but during the sets I felt like I had one more rep in me. On Friday it's time to add another 10 lbs. That will put me at 5 pounds past the weight that, before this routine was my 5rm, and I'll be doing 7 sets of 5 with it. Then the next day right into ten triples with what will be a PR weight lifted for any amount of reps. DAMN this is intense, but it's amazing how well a body can adapt providing you give it enough food and rest. Need to be serious these next few days about those two though, lucky I don't have rugby and I'll have to go light on the drinks this weekend.

Then it's on to the Bench races!


smolov delivers. I'm 2 weeks ahead of you :p, should have talked so we have done it at the same time.


I started one week after you, then had a small "hang up" that forced me to take off one full week from my first thursday.

What kinds of things are you doing during switching phase?


On monday I did 180kg squat partials x10x3 (170kg 1rm)
Wednesday power cleans 40x3x8 (lol i'm so bad at this)
Friday I'm doing box squats with whatever weight I can (never done them before)
I do bench on all 3 days, might do 4 on next week.

Plan to add some weight or reps next week aswell.
Just following the smolov spreadsheet from stronglifts.




The spreadsheet that I have doesn't have anything specified for this break. I think I'll focus on cleans (or attempting to full clean) leg press, and box jumps/depth jump. Squat partials are not really my thing, as I'm lifting to be a better athlete anyway. If I weren't, I wouldn't squat High Bar ATG with a narrow stance - and consequently, would probably move more weight.


Ya, it says to just focus on speed. I still suggest squat partials or static holds, just to get used to the heavy shit on your back.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
February 10 2012 21:25 GMT
#1258
wow, i must say, neurofenplus (codeine painkiller) works wonders for a mobility/static stretch session
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
February 10 2012 22:12 GMT
#1259
yo, should I squeeze my ass in at the top of each squat rep, while taking breath in? a quite experienced lifter* said to me that my posture should be more elongated at the top, and I'm trying to figure out how to achieve that properly.

* really, I was surprised to actually find one at my gym, probably only one there who's heard of SS and 5x5 etc.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
February 10 2012 22:37 GMT
#1260
Saw a chick doing mad chin ups today. Was mesmerized.

Think I got caught looking too.
Victory Loves Preparation
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
MaxPax 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65621
Calm 3667
Shuttle 3170
FanTaSy 1600
Bisu 1574
EffOrt 529
Mini 451
Soma 413
Rush 340
Stork 327
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 274
firebathero 248
Light 222
Snow 179
ZerO 151
Last 144
Soulkey 136
actioN 115
Zeus 103
Barracks 100
Dewaltoss 74
Killer 72
hero 57
Mong 56
Pusan 50
Shinee 46
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Free 28
Shine 28
sorry 25
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6777
Dendi847
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
kRYSTAL_209
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko490
Other Games
gofns42440
singsing2110
B2W.Neo687
hiko426
crisheroes299
byalli276
DeMusliM223
Livibee182
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX104
Rex96
Mew2King92
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1213
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 31m
Replay Cast
9h 16m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.