• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:48
CEST 05:48
KST 12:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6550 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 61

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 379 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 03:25:03
February 09 2012 03:21 GMT
#1201
Still sore as fuck from switching to 5 rep squats and training yesterday. But i had the advantage of not being hungover!
Back squat: 3x5 @ 155 (way easier than 150 even sore)
Snatch: 3/5 at 110, 0/3 at 120 Went straight from 40 -> 70 -> 90 -> 110 -> 120 rofl
CJ: power up to 110, then 120, 130, 140 ,150 (missed jerk again, i've cleaned 150 like 6 times without a proper jerk now ahhhh T_T)


On February 09 2012 10:10 Catch wrote:
Friggin' awesome day.

back to two plate squat on 5/3/1. Squatted it for five reps like a boss. Form fell apart on fourth rep. Fixed it on the fifth.

Also, met some dude who is on the rugby team at my uni. Got his number to hit him up. They call him smokey haha. But I found out spring is more like a play around, get your fundamentals down type deal, while fall is "for real" as he put it lol. Perfect man.

Perfect.


Pretty accurate...we mostly just schedule "social" tournaments and get matches with whoever we want to (friends and rivals as opposed to our usual schedule) for the spring. Good time to pick up the basics and have a good time before diving into fall season.

Starting to look for teams to play with this summer if i have to move far away for my internship and there's shit for teams where i might be going T_T
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
February 09 2012 03:36 GMT
#1202
On February 09 2012 10:12 XuoriG wrote:
after stopping SS for 1 month during winter vacation, I finally came back to my old numbers. Never again I will miss more than one week of work out -_-.

Today:
3x5 Squat 230lbs
1x5 DL 275lbs
3x5 Bench 175lbs

Cant wait for 3plates Deadlift :D
How much do you weigh bro? I'm curious!
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 09 2012 03:50 GMT
#1203


pretty good day. 120 jerk pr and 150 deadlift pr!
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
February 09 2012 04:06 GMT
#1204
About getting the elbows back: getting my right elbow back was fairly easy, my left elbow was utterly hopeless.
The more i tried, the more i felt like something was tearing in my upper left back. Any mobility/flexibility i can do to improve this?
☺
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 04:18:05
February 09 2012 04:16 GMT
#1205
Might add bench in to my routine once a week. My chest really is nonexistent and i got sore from doing ~120 push ups over the course of 2 hours at practice yesterday lol. Probably keep that up till i can do 5x125kg and 1x138kg

On February 09 2012 12:50 AoN.DimSum wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcGz0gWt0BE

pretty good day. 120 jerk pr and 150 deadlift pr!


Noice. Race you to 140 power jerk ^_^ I take it you'll be at the arnold? i know a couple guys going down to check it out and i may or may not make it. Really wish i was competing If i had a meet in time and a miracle session of ~154/~130 i could have.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 05:52:24
February 09 2012 04:17 GMT
#1206
I'm in for the 100kg bench race but only for 1 set of 5 since I'm on RPT atm, not SS/SL
BW: 78kg
height: 180cm
Current: 84kgx5
Official Entusman #21
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 09 2012 04:45 GMT
#1207
I'll be there decaf, you should go!
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
February 09 2012 04:51 GMT
#1208
On February 09 2012 13:45 AoN.DimSum wrote:
I'll be there decaf, you should go!

don't your neck/traps hurt when lowering the bar from the jerk? -_-
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 09 2012 04:55 GMT
#1209
On February 09 2012 13:51 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 13:45 AoN.DimSum wrote:
I'll be there decaf, you should go!

don't your neck/traps hurt when lowering the bar from the jerk? -_-


Nah bro.
a) oly lifting gives you HUGE traps
b) its a lot like catching a clean. catch it with your legs.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 09 2012 05:08 GMT
#1210
Like decaf says, just let it drop on your traps and you wont feel anything.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
February 09 2012 05:10 GMT
#1211
On February 09 2012 14:08 AoN.DimSum wrote:
Like decaf says, just let it drop on your traps and you wont feel anything.
So in essence, your big trap acts as a trap and it traps the bar, but if your trap is small then the trap will be no good and the bar won't be trapped therefore trapping you on the ground?
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
February 09 2012 05:46 GMT
#1212
On February 08 2012 21:22 phyre112 wrote:
Race to 100kg Bench:

Donkeys (76kg BW @ ??? cm, 80kg 3x5 bench)
Phyre112 (84kg BW @193 cm, 76kg 3x6 bench)
Logros (??)
Kamais Ookin (64kg BW @ ??? cm, 74kg bench) (EZPZ Sup Son)
NeedsmoreCELLTECH (??kg BW @195 cm, 75kgx2 bench)
FFGenerations ( 82kg BW @186 cm, 70kg bench)
Daigomi (85kg BW @182 cm, 72kg bench)
Osmoses (98kg BW @185 cm, 75kg bench)
funkie (75kg BW @172 cm, 80kg 3x5 bench)
billy5000 (68kg BW @170cm, 86kg bench)

anyone else in?


I am so short. 169 haha
http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
MajinMojo
Profile Joined October 2010
266 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 05:50:33
February 09 2012 05:50 GMT
#1213
On February 09 2012 13:06 Release wrote:
About getting the elbows back: getting my right elbow back was fairly easy, my left elbow was utterly hopeless.
The more i tried, the more i felt like something was tearing in my upper left back. Any mobility/flexibility i can do to improve this?


See page 60. And in generaly do a search on mobolitywod.com for shoulder stretches and whatnot. That site has pretty much become everyone's go-to site for explaining different flexibility issues.


Gym was odd today. I should note that I totally fucked up my rest day yesterday by doing a bikram hot yoga class before playing in a fucking hockey game, so my legs were in real danger of falling off by the end of the day. Wound up failing pretty hard at squats because of this and at such a pussy weight too of 165lbs LoL. I only failed by a little though and I was able to at least get 15 total reps in like 4 silly looking sets. It's fine. I'll get much rest and food tomorrow and most importantly try to resist the urge to play hockey for at least a day.

Deadlift was decent except that my back was pretty stressed from my shitty rest day. But I at least kept good form and hit my target weight for the day (200lbs) which is good. I'm not really concerned and am taking it pretty slow considering that I am playing hockey 2-4 times a week so some overlap with lifting is inevitable.

--------Forget the top part plz at least read my question-------------
Question on squat form: How wide is too wide for your feet. I know all the cues; knees should track above the toes, toes pointed out, feet at least shoulder width apart and probably more. But as I was doing (failing) my squats I kept fidgeting around and spreading my feet wider than I have been in the past. And what I got out of it was just a very clean and powerful feeling squat, despite my fatigue. But in the past I have not ever had my legs that wide because I thought it was cheating somehow. If you go too wide is that just a different type of squat? Or is it one of those things where if it works that way for you then just be happy that you can go as wide as you can handle to make the weight come up easier?

I wish I had a camera to demonstrate right now. But honestly it probably doesn't even look like it's that much wider. It just feels like a huge difference.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 09 2012 05:57 GMT
#1214
On February 09 2012 14:50 MajinMojo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 13:06 Release wrote:
About getting the elbows back: getting my right elbow back was fairly easy, my left elbow was utterly hopeless.
The more i tried, the more i felt like something was tearing in my upper left back. Any mobility/flexibility i can do to improve this?


See page 60. And in generaly do a search on mobolitywod.com for shoulder stretches and whatnot. That site has pretty much become everyone's go-to site for explaining different flexibility issues.


Gym was odd today. I should note that I totally fucked up my rest day yesterday by doing a bikram hot yoga class before playing in a fucking hockey game, so my legs were in real danger of falling off by the end of the day. Wound up failing pretty hard at squats because of this and at such a pussy weight too of 165lbs LoL. I only failed by a little though and I was able to at least get 15 total reps in like 4 silly looking sets. It's fine. I'll get much rest and food tomorrow and most importantly try to resist the urge to play hockey for at least a day.

Deadlift was decent except that my back was pretty stressed from my shitty rest day. But I at least kept good form and hit my target weight for the day (200lbs) which is good. I'm not really concerned and am taking it pretty slow considering that I am playing hockey 2-4 times a week so some overlap with lifting is inevitable.

--------Forget the top part plz at least read my question-------------
Question on squat form: How wide is too wide for your feet. I know all the cues; knees should track above the toes, toes pointed out, feet at least shoulder width apart and probably more. But as I was doing (failing) my squats I kept fidgeting around and spreading my feet wider than I have been in the past. And what I got out of it was just a very clean and powerful feeling squat, despite my fatigue. But in the past I have not ever had my legs that wide because I thought it was cheating somehow. If you go too wide is that just a different type of squat? Or is it one of those things where if it works that way for you then just be happy that you can go as wide as you can handle to make the weight come up easier?

I wish I had a camera to demonstrate right now. But honestly it probably doesn't even look like it's that much wider. It just feels like a huge difference.


Yeah a wider stance just works a different set of muscles (google it). Most pro power lifters use a wider stance i think. Most oly lifters go ~shoulder width. I'm recently started doing this and it feels better (more quads probably). Do whatever feels best imo.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
February 09 2012 06:13 GMT
#1215
On February 09 2012 06:23 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 06:15 KOVU wrote:
On February 09 2012 04:23 rEiGN~ wrote:
Broz actually recommends taking 20-30kg more than 1RM, walking out and holding it for 20 sec. After every squat workout.

Saved that to my squat notes some time ago.

Hmm, I'll prolly try this. My biggest problem in the squat is my thoracic spine getting lose and the hips driving up too fast, prolly because my core is weak.

I have been stalling on my deadlifts for a while now, only at 5 reps at 112kg (74kg BW), I only do them once a week and have been having a really hard time adding weight to them Squat still rises pretty well.


You're using chalk? Mixed grip?

If so, post a video of your form

Not using chalk or mixed grip, my grip strength not the problem I feel. I used chalk once but that was when trying to hit a 1RM
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
February 09 2012 06:15 GMT
#1216


Squat: 330lbs - 5-5-4 (PR)
Bench: 195lbs: 5-5-5
Pullups: 8-6-3
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
February 09 2012 06:23 GMT
#1217
On February 09 2012 15:15 thedeadhaji wrote:


Squat: 330lbs - 5-5-4 (PR)
Bench: 195lbs: 5-5-5
Pullups: 8-6-3
You're exactly a 100lb over me on squats, inspirational stuff! Better be 5 reps on the last set next time though!
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 09 2012 06:33 GMT
#1218
Haji squatting almost as much as me T_T MUST TRAIN MORE
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
February 09 2012 06:34 GMT
#1219
On February 09 2012 15:15 thedeadhaji wrote:


Squat: 330lbs - 5-5-4 (PR)
Bench: 195lbs: 5-5-5
Pullups: 8-6-3

crazy squat haji!
How much do you weigh now? low 70s?
Official Entusman #21
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 06:37:15
February 09 2012 06:36 GMT
#1220
On February 09 2012 15:34 infinity21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 15:15 thedeadhaji wrote:


Squat: 330lbs - 5-5-4 (PR)
Bench: 195lbs: 5-5-5
Pullups: 8-6-3

crazy squat haji!
How much do you weigh now? low 70s?


T_T I wish. I weigh high 70's



On February 09 2012 15:33 decafchicken wrote:
Haji squatting almost as much as me T_T MUST TRAIN MORE



lol wtf happened to you?
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 219
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17716
Rain 1454
GuemChi 641
sSak 43
Bale 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1022
taco 462
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1021
Mew2King69
Other Games
summit1g7651
JimRising 637
WinterStarcraft579
C9.Mang0170
ViBE121
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 18
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo786
• Stunt277
Other Games
• Shiphtur744
• Scarra718
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 12m
INu's Battles
7h 12m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 12m
OSC
18h 27m
Replay Cast
19h 12m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.