• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:47
CEST 05:47
KST 12:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6600 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 60

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 379 Next
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 08 2012 16:32 GMT
#1181
gl to you racers
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Vish
Profile Joined April 2010
United States13 Posts
February 08 2012 16:41 GMT
#1182
Hey Guys
Posted back in 2011, I started the Strong lifts 5x5 program. I am still 6’0 250lbs, though it’s a ton more muscle. I am starting get bored / burnt out and need a change or just some encouragement to keep going. I would love to drop 15lbs, but the scale doesn’t bother me when I see the muscle. As of now here is what I am doing weight wise in the Strong lift program;

Squat is @ 295 3x10 *note only have 295lbs to lift in my friend’s basement
Dead is @ 295 1x5
Bench is @ 265 5x5
Overhead press is @ 135 5x5
Barbell Row is @ 185 5x5

Would love to gain more endurance, when I switched the squats from 5x5 to 3x10 it about killed me for a while. Any help and direction would be appreciated.

Thanks
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 08 2012 17:39 GMT
#1183
On February 09 2012 01:28 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 00:33 Kamais Ookin wrote:
On February 09 2012 00:26 Daigomi wrote:
I forgot to ask, this race, is it 100kg for 5 reps, or 1RM?
1RM would be too ez! My understanding is 3x5 to 100kg.

Idd, most of us could probably manage 1RM 100kg already if we weren't afraid to shit our pants.


so true.

(I actually burted out laughing at this haha)
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 18:00:28
February 08 2012 17:57 GMT
#1184
On February 09 2012 01:41 Vish wrote:
Hey Guys
Posted back in 2011, I started the Strong lifts 5x5 program. I am still 6’0 250lbs, though it’s a ton more muscle. I am starting get bored / burnt out and need a change or just some encouragement to keep going. I would love to drop 15lbs, but the scale doesn’t bother me when I see the muscle. As of now here is what I am doing weight wise in the Strong lift program;

Squat is @ 295 3x10 *note only have 295lbs to lift in my friend’s basement
Dead is @ 295 1x5
Bench is @ 265 5x5
Overhead press is @ 135 5x5
Barbell Row is @ 185 5x5

Would love to gain more endurance, when I switched the squats from 5x5 to 3x10 it about killed me for a while. Any help and direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

need moar weight! You could definitely keep going up. set some goals. Anyway you could pick up a couple 45s on Craigslist?

Phyre if you lose I'm going to dropkick a rugby ball in your nuts.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
February 08 2012 17:58 GMT
#1185
On February 09 2012 01:41 Vish wrote:
Hey Guys
Posted back in 2011, I started the Strong lifts 5x5 program. I am still 6’0 250lbs, though it’s a ton more muscle. I am starting get bored / burnt out and need a change or just some encouragement to keep going. I would love to drop 15lbs, but the scale doesn’t bother me when I see the muscle. As of now here is what I am doing weight wise in the Strong lift program;

Squat is @ 295 3x10 *note only have 295lbs to lift in my friend’s basement
Dead is @ 295 1x5
Bench is @ 265 5x5
Overhead press is @ 135 5x5
Barbell Row is @ 185 5x5

Would love to gain more endurance, when I switched the squats from 5x5 to 3x10 it about killed me for a while. Any help and direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

Get more plates and start either 5/3/1 or Madcows 5x5. Or you can cut untill you're 13-14~ bodyfat.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Vish
Profile Joined April 2010
United States13 Posts
February 08 2012 18:07 GMT
#1186
Thanks for the reply’s

I will look into the Madcow 5x5 and adding more weight
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
February 08 2012 18:14 GMT
#1187
On February 08 2012 21:22 phyre112 wrote:
Race to 100kg Bench:

Donkeys (76kg BW @ ??? cm, 80kg 3x5 bench)
Phyre112 (84kg BW @193 cm, 76kg 3x6 bench)
Logros (??)
Kamais Ookin (64kg BW @ ??? cm, 74kg bench) (EZPZ Sup Son)
NeedsmoreCELLTECH (??kg BW @195 cm, 75kgx2 bench)
FFGenerations ( 82kg BW @186 cm, 70kg bench)
Daigomi (85kg BW @182 cm, 72kg bench)
Osmoses (98kg BW @185 cm, 75kg bench)
funkie (75kg BW @172 cm, 80kg 3x5 bench)
billy5000 (68kg BW @170cm, 86kg bench)

anyone else in?


I'm in

83kg BW @ 178cm, 75kg bench 5x3
We make signature, then defense it.
MajinMojo
Profile Joined October 2010
266 Posts
February 08 2012 18:29 GMT
#1188
On February 09 2012 00:03 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Wow, weirdest session ever today. I wanted to squat low-bar, because powerlifting is alive in the Netherlands but Oly lifting is pretty fucking dead. Anyhow. I can't possibly seem to get a position doesn't doesn't feel either painful or like it's gonna slip off.
So much for me adding a plate for free. Got so pissed I squatted 103kg high-bar ATG, even though it was a rest day:S

Deadlift PR: 137kg 1x5


Is it a problem with shoulder mobility that is affecting grip?

This episode is one of many that have become my bible when it comes to preparing my shoulders for low bar squat rack.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
February 08 2012 18:36 GMT
#1189
On February 09 2012 03:29 MajinMojo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 00:03 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Wow, weirdest session ever today. I wanted to squat low-bar, because powerlifting is alive in the Netherlands but Oly lifting is pretty fucking dead. Anyhow. I can't possibly seem to get a position doesn't doesn't feel either painful or like it's gonna slip off.
So much for me adding a plate for free. Got so pissed I squatted 103kg high-bar ATG, even though it was a rest day:S

Deadlift PR: 137kg 1x5


Is it a problem with shoulder mobility that is affecting grip?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iiKibqIQ20&feature=player_embedded#!
This episode is one of many that have become my bible when it comes to preparing my shoulders for low bar squat rack.


Aside with getting your shoulder flexibilty up (do shoulder dislocations), sometimes you just need to get used to having a condo on your back. Try adding 20kgs to your workout weight and do some 10sec static holds 2-3 times; focus on staying tight. It will make your normal weight feel a lot lighter.
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
February 08 2012 19:01 GMT
#1190
On February 09 2012 03:36 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 03:29 MajinMojo wrote:
On February 09 2012 00:03 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Wow, weirdest session ever today. I wanted to squat low-bar, because powerlifting is alive in the Netherlands but Oly lifting is pretty fucking dead. Anyhow. I can't possibly seem to get a position doesn't doesn't feel either painful or like it's gonna slip off.
So much for me adding a plate for free. Got so pissed I squatted 103kg high-bar ATG, even though it was a rest day:S

Deadlift PR: 137kg 1x5


Is it a problem with shoulder mobility that is affecting grip?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iiKibqIQ20&feature=player_embedded#!
This episode is one of many that have become my bible when it comes to preparing my shoulders for low bar squat rack.


Aside with getting your shoulder flexibilty up (do shoulder dislocations), sometimes you just need to get used to having a condo on your back. Try adding 20kgs to your workout weight and do some 10sec static holds 2-3 times; focus on staying tight. It will make your normal weight feel a lot lighter.

Thanks. Do you think I can just go there 7x a week and get used to the weight real fast, or just keep high bar squatting with those static holds at the end of each workout? (so 3x per week). Thanks in advance.

Also do you have other non-band stretches other than dislocates?
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
February 08 2012 19:23 GMT
#1191
Broz actually recommends taking 20-30kg more than 1RM, walking out and holding it for 20 sec. After every squat workout.

Saved that to my squat notes some time ago.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
February 08 2012 19:31 GMT
#1192
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 08 2012 21:22 phyre112 wrote:
Race to 100kg Bench:

Donkeys (76kg BW @ ??? cm, 80kg 3x5 bench)
Phyre112 (84kg BW @193 cm, 76kg 3x6 bench)
Logros (??)
Kamais Ookin (64kg BW @ ??? cm, 74kg bench) (EZPZ Sup Son)
NeedsmoreCELLTECH (??kg BW @195 cm, 75kgx2 bench)
FFGenerations ( 82kg BW @186 cm, 70kg bench)
Daigomi (85kg BW @182 cm, 72kg bench)
Osmoses (98kg BW @185 cm, 75kg bench)
funkie (75kg BW @172 cm, 80kg 3x5 bench)
billy5000 (68kg BW @170cm, 86kg bench)

anyone else in?


pls let me join

170cm, 80 kg bw ( still aspire to lose ~10kg of fat T_T) currently benching 80 kgx3x5
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 20:32:38
February 08 2012 20:31 GMT
#1193
My shins get such a nice artistic color after coan/phillipi. On another note, my brother always do the same workout I do so now he's doing coan, quote from halfway through his first workout(my second) "this is fucking brutal wtf".

Fun fun fun :DDD
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
February 08 2012 21:15 GMT
#1194
On February 09 2012 04:23 rEiGN~ wrote:
Broz actually recommends taking 20-30kg more than 1RM, walking out and holding it for 20 sec. After every squat workout.

Saved that to my squat notes some time ago.

Hmm, I'll prolly try this. My biggest problem in the squat is my thoracic spine getting lose and the hips driving up too fast, prolly because my core is weak.

I have been stalling on my deadlifts for a while now, only at 5 reps at 112kg (74kg BW), I only do them once a week and have been having a really hard time adding weight to them Squat still rises pretty well.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 21:27:05
February 08 2012 21:23 GMT
#1195
On February 09 2012 06:15 KOVU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 04:23 rEiGN~ wrote:
Broz actually recommends taking 20-30kg more than 1RM, walking out and holding it for 20 sec. After every squat workout.

Saved that to my squat notes some time ago.

Hmm, I'll prolly try this. My biggest problem in the squat is my thoracic spine getting lose and the hips driving up too fast, prolly because my core is weak.

I have been stalling on my deadlifts for a while now, only at 5 reps at 112kg (74kg BW), I only do them once a week and have been having a really hard time adding weight to them Squat still rises pretty well.


You're using chalk? Mixed grip?

If so, post a video of your form

edit: going to have to skip workout today, my sister's birthday ?
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
xJupiter9x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States150 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 01:04:50
February 09 2012 01:02 GMT
#1196
Finally got back into the gym today after about 80 days of not working out other than worthless bootcamp PT. I have retained more strength than i thought i would.
3x5 squat 225lbs
1x5 deadlift 275 pounds
3x5 bench 155lbs
Edit: the only thing that felt heavy was the squats, I could have added 25lbs to my DL, and 10 more to bench at least. I didn't want to overdo it on my first workout in almost 3 months.

I also lost like 10 pounds while i was there, so i weigh 142ish. i feel so small now. but its finally time to get my numbers back. Is anyone near NAS Pensacola, FL?
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
February 09 2012 01:10 GMT
#1197
Friggin' awesome day.

back to two plate squat on 5/3/1. Squatted it for five reps like a boss. Form fell apart on fourth rep. Fixed it on the fifth.

Also, met some dude who is on the rugby team at my uni. Got his number to hit him up. They call him smokey haha. But I found out spring is more like a play around, get your fundamentals down type deal, while fall is "for real" as he put it lol. Perfect man.

Perfect.
Victory Loves Preparation
XuoriG
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada165 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 01:12:36
February 09 2012 01:12 GMT
#1198
after stopping SS for 1 month during winter vacation, I finally came back to my old numbers. Never again I will miss more than one week of work out -_-.

Today:
3x5 Squat 230lbs
1x5 DL 275lbs
3x5 Bench 175lbs

Cant wait for 3plates Deadlift :D
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 02:01:19
February 09 2012 01:56 GMT
#1199
Rofl. My gym cracks me up. Everyone there is so stupid.

LOLOL Y U NO USE SMITH MACHINE. And the guy wouldn't let up. Argued/ignored him for an hour.

That aside, doctor has decided that probably bodyweight only is best at this point. He's afraid that although muscle is good and all that it would be possible to cause acute spinal cord damage. Might want to begin ala eshlow.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 09 2012 03:09 GMT
#1200
Went to the gym and got under the bar after life guarding class. Did my whole warmup, and just couldn't stay balanced in the squat. Legs were too tight, back was too loose, shoulders were sore etc. etc.

Peaced out without a single extra exercise, just the squat warmup. I'll go back tomorrow and do the whole thing, then finish up this week's workout on Saturday and Sunday. I've got at least two weeks break from squatting coming up for the switching phase anyway.
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 219
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17716
Rain 1454
GuemChi 641
sSak 43
Bale 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1022
taco 462
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1021
Mew2King69
Other Games
summit1g7651
JimRising 637
WinterStarcraft579
C9.Mang0170
ViBE121
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 18
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo786
• Stunt277
Other Games
• Shiphtur744
• Scarra718
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 13m
INu's Battles
7h 13m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 13m
OSC
18h 28m
Replay Cast
19h 13m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.