• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:44
CEST 15:44
KST 22:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9006 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 62

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 379 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 09 2012 06:44 GMT
#1221
On February 09 2012 15:36 thedeadhaji wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 15:34 infinity21 wrote:
On February 09 2012 15:15 thedeadhaji wrote:


Squat: 330lbs - 5-5-4 (PR)
Bench: 195lbs: 5-5-5
Pullups: 8-6-3

crazy squat haji!
How much do you weigh now? low 70s?


T_T I wish. I weigh high 70's



Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 15:33 decafchicken wrote:
Haji squatting almost as much as me T_T MUST TRAIN MORE



lol wtf happened to you?


Well originally squatting took a back seat to me working on my oly lifting form. Recently its taken a back seat to going out at night T_T It's coming back with a vengeance! Switched to 3x5 this week, gonna go up 2.5-5kg every workout til i can't any more than probably go up to sets of 8-10 to work on endurance for rugby. Started at 150 on monday. Hoping to ride this to ~170.

On another note my oly lifting apprentice i picked up at the beginning of the year and have doing 5x5 squats at the end of his workouts has gone from 225-335 in just over 4 weeks. He's also doing CJ around 110kg and snatch around 90 (bw 105). Linear progression ftw.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
February 09 2012 06:46 GMT
#1222
lol awesome, glgl.
XuoriG
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada165 Posts
February 09 2012 15:23 GMT
#1223
On February 09 2012 12:36 Kamais Ookin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 10:12 XuoriG wrote:
after stopping SS for 1 month during winter vacation, I finally came back to my old numbers. Never again I will miss more than one week of work out -_-.

Today:
3x5 Squat 230lbs
1x5 DL 275lbs
3x5 Bench 175lbs

Cant wait for 3plates Deadlift :D
How much do you weigh bro? I'm curious!


190lbs, I'm 6'3 though so im kind of skinny still lol
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
February 09 2012 15:57 GMT
#1224
So I already feel like I'm seeing good progress with leangains and my brohan wants to try it too. In answering his questions I can mostly just regurgitate stuff I read off the LG blog, with some exceptions. One of them is a question I myself asked in this thread: how do you figure out the macronutrient ratios? Logros tipped me off to a 30%p / 25%f / 45%c on training days and 40%p / 40%f / 20%c on rest days but I imagine this varies from person to person depending on BW, composition etc.

Anyone know of a formula or something? Or maybe just the general theory?
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Ingenol
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1328 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 16:17:53
February 09 2012 16:17 GMT
#1225
On February 10 2012 00:57 Osmoses wrote:
So I already feel like I'm seeing good progress with leangains and my brohan wants to try it too. In answering his questions I can mostly just regurgitate stuff I read off the LG blog, with some exceptions. One of them is a question I myself asked in this thread: how do you figure out the macronutrient ratios? Logros tipped me off to a 30%p / 25%f / 45%c on training days and 40%p / 40%f / 20%c on rest days but I imagine this varies from person to person depending on BW, composition etc.

Anyone know of a formula or something? Or maybe just the general theory?

http://rippedbody.jp/2011/10/23/how-to-calculate-leangains-macros/
http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

As a starting point -20% calories on non-workout days, +20% calories on workout days, lower fat (25% is probably too much) and higher carbs on training days.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 09 2012 17:31 GMT
#1226
On February 10 2012 00:57 Osmoses wrote:
So I already feel like I'm seeing good progress with leangains and my brohan wants to try it too. In answering his questions I can mostly just regurgitate stuff I read off the LG blog, with some exceptions. One of them is a question I myself asked in this thread: how do you figure out the macronutrient ratios? Logros tipped me off to a 30%p / 25%f / 45%c on training days and 40%p / 40%f / 20%c on rest days but I imagine this varies from person to person depending on BW, composition etc.

Anyone know of a formula or something? Or maybe just the general theory?


Those are the general numbers you want to start with. To get the "right" numbers though you just have to play around and find them, through trial and error. Find out what works best for you.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 09 2012 17:49 GMT
#1227
fucking school...
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
February 09 2012 18:50 GMT
#1228
I don't know how but I have fucked up my metabolism or something. After some calorie counting for 2 weeks I eat on average ~900 calories on resting days and 1500 calories on training days. But I'm still not losing any fat I'm eating very clean, only the occasional bread and some milk is non paleo. My lifts are still doing weekly progression but planche and L-sit is not progressing at all. What should I do now? :/
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
February 09 2012 19:50 GMT
#1229
On February 10 2012 01:17 Ingenol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 00:57 Osmoses wrote:
So I already feel like I'm seeing good progress with leangains and my brohan wants to try it too. In answering his questions I can mostly just regurgitate stuff I read off the LG blog, with some exceptions. One of them is a question I myself asked in this thread: how do you figure out the macronutrient ratios? Logros tipped me off to a 30%p / 25%f / 45%c on training days and 40%p / 40%f / 20%c on rest days but I imagine this varies from person to person depending on BW, composition etc.

Anyone know of a formula or something? Or maybe just the general theory?

http://rippedbody.jp/2011/10/23/how-to-calculate-leangains-macros/
http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

As a starting point -20% calories on non-workout days, +20% calories on workout days, lower fat (25% is probably too much) and higher carbs on training days.

Hey thanks, great guide (on a japanese site no less), turns out my bmr is actually exactly what I'm currently working with, 3300.but as far as lessening my fat intake on workout days, I don't think that's even possible. I usually get my proteins those days from around 600-700g of beef, and that's about 30-40g of fat right there. Gonna start trying to go as low as possible though.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 19:58:58
February 09 2012 19:58 GMT
#1230
I asked the gym guy if I could change the song that was playing. I deadlifted to "last resort" max volume oooh yeah.

Also bench 80x5, 85x5,4
http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
February 09 2012 19:59 GMT
#1231
On February 10 2012 03:50 Necosarius wrote:
I don't know how but I have fucked up my metabolism or something. After some calorie counting for 2 weeks I eat on average ~900 calories on resting days and 1500 calories on training days. But I'm still not losing any fat I'm eating very clean, only the occasional bread and some milk is non paleo. My lifts are still doing weekly progression but planche and L-sit is not progressing at all. What should I do now? :/



are you a 90 pound girl? if not eat more.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
February 09 2012 20:15 GMT
#1232
On February 10 2012 04:50 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 01:17 Ingenol wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:57 Osmoses wrote:
So I already feel like I'm seeing good progress with leangains and my brohan wants to try it too. In answering his questions I can mostly just regurgitate stuff I read off the LG blog, with some exceptions. One of them is a question I myself asked in this thread: how do you figure out the macronutrient ratios? Logros tipped me off to a 30%p / 25%f / 45%c on training days and 40%p / 40%f / 20%c on rest days but I imagine this varies from person to person depending on BW, composition etc.

Anyone know of a formula or something? Or maybe just the general theory?

http://rippedbody.jp/2011/10/23/how-to-calculate-leangains-macros/
http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

As a starting point -20% calories on non-workout days, +20% calories on workout days, lower fat (25% is probably too much) and higher carbs on training days.

Hey thanks, great guide (on a japanese site no less), turns out my bmr is actually exactly what I'm currently working with, 3300.but as far as lessening my fat intake on workout days, I don't think that's even possible. I usually get my proteins those days from around 600-700g of beef, and that's about 30-40g of fat right there. Gonna start trying to go as low as possible though.


30-40g fat isn't too much for workout day, aim for 50g total or less
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
February 09 2012 20:27 GMT
#1233
On February 10 2012 04:59 glurio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 03:50 Necosarius wrote:
I don't know how but I have fucked up my metabolism or something. After some calorie counting for 2 weeks I eat on average ~900 calories on resting days and 1500 calories on training days. But I'm still not losing any fat I'm eating very clean, only the occasional bread and some milk is non paleo. My lifts are still doing weekly progression but planche and L-sit is not progressing at all. What should I do now? :/



are you a 90 pound girl? if not eat more.

Yeah I'm thinking of just stuffing myself full of food and see what happens The thing is, I've started to eat when I'm feeling hungry and that's just it, I'm not hungry anymore :o Weird for someone who used to be overweight.
Ingenol
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1328 Posts
February 09 2012 20:46 GMT
#1234
Yeah 40g of fat on the beef is no problem, that's just barely over 10% of your calories. If you're adhering to a strict Leangains protocol, just don't have that and then full-fat dairy or half a dozen eggs or something.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-10 03:16:20
February 10 2012 03:12 GMT
#1235
Finished week3 day 2 of smolov. Before this routine, my max attempts at this weight were 4-2-2 and today I finished 5 sets of 7 reps ezpz.

Well, not really ezpz. My legs were shaking and I was too exhausted to do any of the other exercises I had planned (DB bench, weighted chins) so I'll go back tomorrow and do all of those... but during the sets I felt like I had one more rep in me. On Friday it's time to add another 10 lbs. That will put me at 5 pounds past the weight that, before this routine was my 5rm, and I'll be doing 7 sets of 5 with it. Then the next day right into ten triples with what will be a PR weight lifted for any amount of reps. DAMN this is intense, but it's amazing how well a body can adapt providing you give it enough food and rest. Need to be serious these next few days about those two though, lucky I don't have rugby and I'll have to go light on the drinks this weekend.

Then it's on to the Bench races!
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
February 10 2012 03:14 GMT
#1236
On February 10 2012 03:50 Necosarius wrote:
I don't know how but I have fucked up my metabolism or something. After some calorie counting for 2 weeks I eat on average ~900 calories on resting days and 1500 calories on training days. But I'm still not losing any fat I'm eating very clean, only the occasional bread and some milk is non paleo. My lifts are still doing weekly progression but planche and L-sit is not progressing at all. What should I do now? :/

I'm going to be honest here: "clean" eating is only good for your health, and being strictly "clean" has little to no benefit than being mostly "clean" (around 75-80%). I assume you're looking to cut. Eat 500-1000 (based on how fat you are) Calories under maintenance.
Honestly, you are probably losing fat, and probably a good amount of lean mass to go with it if you are eating that little.
☺
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-10 05:33:20
February 10 2012 05:32 GMT
#1237
On February 10 2012 12:12 phyre112 wrote:
Finished week3 day 2 of smolov. Before this routine, my max attempts at this weight were 4-2-2 and today I finished 5 sets of 7 reps ezpz.

Well, not really ezpz. My legs were shaking and I was too exhausted to do any of the other exercises I had planned (DB bench, weighted chins) so I'll go back tomorrow and do all of those... but during the sets I felt like I had one more rep in me. On Friday it's time to add another 10 lbs. That will put me at 5 pounds past the weight that, before this routine was my 5rm, and I'll be doing 7 sets of 5 with it. Then the next day right into ten triples with what will be a PR weight lifted for any amount of reps. DAMN this is intense, but it's amazing how well a body can adapt providing you give it enough food and rest. Need to be serious these next few days about those two though, lucky I don't have rugby and I'll have to go light on the drinks this weekend.

Then it's on to the Bench races!


smolov delivers. I'm 2 weeks ahead of you :p, should have talked so we have done it at the same time.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
February 10 2012 05:37 GMT
#1238
I AM SO FAT!!
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
February 10 2012 05:41 GMT
#1239
On February 10 2012 14:37 thedeadhaji wrote:
I AM SO FAT!!
You squatz 330, dat's impossible. Fat crumples to the might of 330 squatz EZ.
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
February 10 2012 06:12 GMT
#1240
On February 10 2012 14:37 thedeadhaji wrote:
I AM SO FAT!!

You don't deserve to eat!
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
MaxPax 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65621
Calm 3667
Shuttle 3170
FanTaSy 1600
Bisu 1574
EffOrt 529
Mini 451
Soma 413
Rush 340
Stork 327
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 274
firebathero 248
Light 222
Snow 179
ZerO 151
Last 144
Soulkey 136
actioN 115
Zeus 103
Barracks 100
Dewaltoss 74
Killer 72
hero 57
Mong 56
Pusan 50
Shinee 46
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Free 28
Shine 28
sorry 25
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6777
Dendi847
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
kRYSTAL_209
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko490
Other Games
gofns42440
singsing2110
B2W.Neo687
hiko426
crisheroes299
byalli276
DeMusliM223
Livibee182
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX104
Rex96
Mew2King92
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1213
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 31m
Replay Cast
9h 16m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.