• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:34
CEST 14:34
KST 21:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9086 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 59

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 379 Next
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 08:26:26
February 08 2012 08:25 GMT
#1161
On February 08 2012 17:18 Logros wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 08:40 phyre112 wrote:
On February 08 2012 06:38 Donkeys wrote:
On February 08 2012 06:28 funkie wrote:
On February 08 2012 06:22 Donkeys wrote:
On February 08 2012 05:27 funkie wrote:
On February 08 2012 04:19 Donkeys wrote:
Today's workout:

C&J up to 80kg for three singles.
Did some cleans off blocks (not sure what the purpose of this is is haha)
FS up to 95kg for three singles.
Chin ups (BW) 9,6,5

I jerked the bar against my chin, some dudes were looking at me. I lol'd.



wow, my workouts are extremely similar to yours. props man!

btw, cleaning the bar straight to your collarbone is one of those things that nobody will ever understand. it's such a powerful moment of "don't cry, you're a strong man!" haha.

What's your BW? (I'm just curious)


I'm at 76kg. Yea I've noticed our work outs are similar. I would race you to something but I tend to stall as the semester goes on

Edit: fuck it let's race to something :D


fuck, I'm the same BW (75kg)

I'm at squat 120kg 3 x 5 (currently at 110kg, I did a reset), Front Squat 100kg x 3 x 5 (95kg cause coming back and want to get my form better), Deadlift 140kg x 1 x 5.

Gogog, What do you propose we race to :D?


damn you own me at squats haha. go for 150kg x 5 DL? or 90kg C&J? What's your bench? Im at 80kgx3x5. Race to 100kg?


I'm at BW 84kg right now, but I'm 193 cm. My monkey arms and I will race you to 100kg bench, I'm at 74kg right now.

As someone also at 193cm and long limbed I'll join that quest . I'm a bit further behind but my bench is shooting up after not having done it for months.
I don't have long monkey arms like you guys but to compensate I'm only at a measly 64kg BW, currently at 74kg bench like you guys and I want to join the fun of 100kg race!

Bring it on bitches, I will win ezpz lemon squeezy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ E _/¯(ツ)¯\_ Z _/¯(ツ)_/¯ P ¯\_(ツ)¯\_ Z
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
February 08 2012 08:42 GMT
#1162
Tried 75kg/165lbs bench today, first time I had to dump the weights when benching, I failed at 4 reps. Just one rep from finishing though so gonna give it another go next week.

Finished with pullups, arms were sooore in the shower. Loved it.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
February 08 2012 09:55 GMT
#1163
On February 08 2012 17:25 Kamais Ookin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 17:18 Logros wrote:
On February 08 2012 08:40 phyre112 wrote:
On February 08 2012 06:38 Donkeys wrote:
On February 08 2012 06:28 funkie wrote:
On February 08 2012 06:22 Donkeys wrote:
On February 08 2012 05:27 funkie wrote:
On February 08 2012 04:19 Donkeys wrote:
Today's workout:

C&J up to 80kg for three singles.
Did some cleans off blocks (not sure what the purpose of this is is haha)
FS up to 95kg for three singles.
Chin ups (BW) 9,6,5

I jerked the bar against my chin, some dudes were looking at me. I lol'd.



wow, my workouts are extremely similar to yours. props man!

btw, cleaning the bar straight to your collarbone is one of those things that nobody will ever understand. it's such a powerful moment of "don't cry, you're a strong man!" haha.

What's your BW? (I'm just curious)


I'm at 76kg. Yea I've noticed our work outs are similar. I would race you to something but I tend to stall as the semester goes on

Edit: fuck it let's race to something :D


fuck, I'm the same BW (75kg)

I'm at squat 120kg 3 x 5 (currently at 110kg, I did a reset), Front Squat 100kg x 3 x 5 (95kg cause coming back and want to get my form better), Deadlift 140kg x 1 x 5.

Gogog, What do you propose we race to :D?


damn you own me at squats haha. go for 150kg x 5 DL? or 90kg C&J? What's your bench? Im at 80kgx3x5. Race to 100kg?


I'm at BW 84kg right now, but I'm 193 cm. My monkey arms and I will race you to 100kg bench, I'm at 74kg right now.

As someone also at 193cm and long limbed I'll join that quest . I'm a bit further behind but my bench is shooting up after not having done it for months.
I don't have long monkey arms like you guys but to compensate I'm only at a measly 64kg BW, currently at 74kg bench like you guys and I want to join the fun of 100kg race!

Bring it on bitches, I will win ezpz lemon squeezy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ E _/¯(ツ)¯\_ Z _/¯(ツ)_/¯ P ¯\_(ツ)¯\_ Z

I'm 1.95, and my arms are monkier than yours. My bench pr so far is 75kgx2.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 08 2012 10:15 GMT
#1164
On February 08 2012 09:00 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 08:21 sJarl wrote:
Today's workout:

BB Squat: 110x3, 125x3, 140x3, 160x1, 180x1 and 192.5x1 for a +2.5kg PR!
FS: 60x5 and 90x5-5-5 (back was done)
Leg Press: 200x10, 240x8, 280x8, 320x8 and 280x15.

The weights on the leg press weren't as high as I've gone and every set after the first one felt heavy. Just managed to finish the 8th rep @ 320kg and I don't even know what happened except that I died and was thinking fuzzy for about 2 hours after.

My hips and legs are going to punish me tomorrow T.T


A question. I tried leg presses the other day (smolov switching) and I had no clue what depth is apropiate.


As deep as possible I think but not so deep as it compromises safety.

As for the monkey arm discussion: It sucks, having arms that would be appropriate for a guy breaking 2m but then again we have a huge advantage when it comes to deadlifting.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 12:12:51
February 08 2012 10:57 GMT
#1165
My arm span is 1.96m, and it's certainly not because of wide shoulders. I can't immagine how it would be to have longer arms than I do =x.

@CT my 3x6 75kg, 1 second pause is after a set of smolov squats, my best bench ever is 88kg. And there's no way you're going to win this race. You're going down bro.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 11:17:48
February 08 2012 11:17 GMT
#1166
im in the race to 100
~82kg bodyweight @ 186cm (6'1'' ), currently 70kg bench
you monkeys should try slightly different grip. i was using super narrow grip and just switched to quite wide grip. shrug
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
February 08 2012 11:36 GMT
#1167
On February 08 2012 20:17 FFGenerations wrote:
im in the race to 100
~82kg bodyweight @ 186cm (6'1'' ), currently 70kg bench
you monkeys should try slightly different grip. i was using super narrow grip and just switched to quite wide grip. shrug

There are so many people benching between 70 and 80kgs. I'll join as well! 85kg BW @ 182cm. Currently on 72kg bench.
Moderator
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
February 08 2012 11:51 GMT
#1168
On February 08 2012 20:36 Daigomi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 20:17 FFGenerations wrote:
im in the race to 100
~82kg bodyweight @ 186cm (6'1'' ), currently 70kg bench
you monkeys should try slightly different grip. i was using super narrow grip and just switched to quite wide grip. shrug

There are so many people benching between 70 and 80kgs. I'll join as well! 85kg BW @ 182cm. Currently on 72kg bench.

Hmm OK well I haven't really had any serious injuries in a while so I guess I'll go ahead and join too!

98kg BW @ 185cm. Currently at 75kg bench,
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 13:55:19
February 08 2012 12:22 GMT
#1169
Race to 100kg Bench:

Donkeys (76kg BW @ ??? cm, 80kg 3x5 bench)
Phyre112 (84kg BW @193 cm, 76kg 3x6 bench)
Logros (??)
Kamais Ookin (64kg BW @ ??? cm, 74kg bench) (EZPZ Sup Son)
NeedsmoreCELLTECH (??kg BW @195 cm, 75kgx2 bench)
FFGenerations ( 82kg BW @186 cm, 70kg bench)
Daigomi (85kg BW @182 cm, 72kg bench)
Osmoses (98kg BW @185 cm, 75kg bench)
funkie (75kg BW @172 cm, 80kg 3x5 bench)
billy5000 (68kg BW @170cm, 86kg bench)

anyone else in?
MajinMojo
Profile Joined October 2010
266 Posts
February 08 2012 12:34 GMT
#1170
Damn this will be a cool race. Good luck all!
billy5000
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States865 Posts
February 08 2012 12:40 GMT
#1171
me - i just injured my hip, so i might as well channel my frustration on bench. been wanting put on 4 meaty 45 plates for the longest time (i'll just count 225lb as 100kg; this is more of a personal matter than anything)

68kg BW @ 170cm, 86kg bench
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand. Vonnegut
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 08 2012 12:44 GMT
#1172
How dare you not include me in the race, since I was the first one to call it upon Donkeys .

funkie (75kg BW @ 172cm / 80kg x 3 x 5 Bench)
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
ludic123
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Norway161 Posts
February 08 2012 13:34 GMT
#1173
On February 07 2012 06:24 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2012 00:38 ludic123 wrote:
Okay, so here are my stats for the big three:

Bench 140kg
Deadlift ~100kg
Squat ~90kg

I realize there is a ridiculous disparity here. My question is whether I should just stop working out my chest for a little while and get those other exercises up to par? Also, I think I hurt my chest a little last time(I was a little sick at the time, but felt fine. Just a lot of coughing and some slime in my throat) It's at the side of my chest, marked with yellow on the picture
It doesn't really hurt except when i stretch out my arm (and also when i then pull it back). Even then it doesn't hurt a lot. 3 or 4 on the pain scale I guess. Is there any alleviating exercises? And if I should postpone my chest workout regarding the injury?

[image loading]


Strained...?

And yes, might be a good idea to bring up your other lifts...

http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/01/on-muscle-strains/


Thanks. Just wondering; Would it be okay to bench if it doesn't hurt?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 08 2012 13:46 GMT
#1174
On February 08 2012 21:44 funkie wrote:
How dare you not include me in the race, since I was the first one to call it upon Donkeys .

funkie (75kg BW @ 172cm / 80kg x 3 x 5 Bench)


Just waiting for your stats bro.
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
February 08 2012 13:51 GMT
#1175
I would like to join, just for the fun.
75kg bw @ 178cm / 66kg x 5 x 5
For the Swarm!
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
February 08 2012 14:41 GMT
#1176
I'm 88kg BW, 193cm. not sure what my max is I'll do some singles tomorrow to check whereabouts.
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
February 08 2012 15:03 GMT
#1177
Wow, weirdest session ever today. I wanted to squat low-bar, because powerlifting is alive in the Netherlands but Oly lifting is pretty fucking dead. Anyhow. I can't possibly seem to get a position doesn't doesn't feel either painful or like it's gonna slip off.
So much for me adding a plate for free. Got so pissed I squatted 103kg high-bar ATG, even though it was a rest day:S

Deadlift PR: 137kg 1x5
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
February 08 2012 15:26 GMT
#1178
I forgot to ask, this race, is it 100kg for 5 reps, or 1RM?
Moderator
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
February 08 2012 15:33 GMT
#1179
On February 09 2012 00:26 Daigomi wrote:
I forgot to ask, this race, is it 100kg for 5 reps, or 1RM?
1RM would be too ez! My understanding is 3x5 to 100kg.
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
February 08 2012 16:28 GMT
#1180
On February 09 2012 00:33 Kamais Ookin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 00:26 Daigomi wrote:
I forgot to ask, this race, is it 100kg for 5 reps, or 1RM?
1RM would be too ez! My understanding is 3x5 to 100kg.

Idd, most of us could probably manage 1RM 100kg already if we weren't afraid to shit our pants.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 832
RotterdaM400
SteadfastSC165
TKL 156
Rex103
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 400
ByuN 254
SteadfastSC 165
TKL 156
Rex 103
Codebar 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33925
Shuttle 2020
Jaedong 811
Bisu 623
Horang2 576
Soulkey 477
Stork 299
Mini 298
Larva 243
actioN 240
[ Show more ]
BeSt 220
Soma 201
EffOrt 193
Mong 166
firebathero 158
Last 147
Rush 139
Snow 130
ZerO 121
Zeus 100
Free 80
910 77
Pusan 75
Mind 69
Hyun 65
PianO 55
Shinee 51
Sharp 45
Shine 44
hero 42
Yoon 42
JYJ 33
Sexy 33
Bale 26
sorry 25
Aegong 21
Hm[arnc] 20
HiyA 20
ToSsGirL 19
ZergMaN 13
yabsab 13
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 11
Noble 10
Icarus 5
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc2562
Dendi961
canceldota70
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1263
edward6
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King212
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes446
Other Games
gofns58854
singsing2203
Lowko311
B2W.Neo231
DeMusliM201
hiko187
Pyrionflax175
Livibee147
QueenE45
Trikslyr30
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1030
Other Games
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV444
League of Legends
• Jankos1261
Other Games
• Shiphtur585
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 26m
The PondCast
21h 26m
INu's Battles
22h 26m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.