• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:04
CEST 06:04
KST 13:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8603 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 718

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 716 717 718 719 720 730 Next
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
December 19 2011 11:53 GMT
#14341
Today's workout:

Squat 102,5kg 5-5-5 ATG, really proud
Bench Press 72,5kg 5-5 75kg 1x3 72,5kg 1x5
Deadlift 132,5kg 1x2

I had one of those existentialist conversations with myself after squats. 'Wehh, this can't be healthy wehhh, maybe I should switch programs wehhh, I didn't sleep enough so it's okay if I fail WEHHHHHH, IS THIS REALLY MAKING ME HAPPY?! WEHHH', but then I realised that the goal in life is to be awesome so I just smashed bench.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-19 12:42:57
December 19 2011 12:02 GMT
#14342
i'm back to 1.5x bw squat (127.5kg 3x5 @84kg). yeah baby!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
December 19 2011 12:19 GMT
#14343
Go to sleep, it's dark. Wake up, it's still dark. I hate the winter sometimes

Nice job Zafrumi!
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
December 19 2011 12:24 GMT
#14344
On December 19 2011 12:12 thedeadhaji wrote:
so I think I'm back, after being sidelined for 2 months from my concussion.

lost like 20% strength though


Don't drop anything on your head this time! :p
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
December 19 2011 14:05 GMT
#14345
On December 19 2011 20:53 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:


I had one of those existentialist conversations with myself after squats. 'Wehh, this can't be healthy wehhh, maybe I should switch programs wehhh, I didn't sleep enough so it's okay if I fail WEHHHHHH, IS THIS REALLY MAKING ME HAPPY?! WEHHH', but then I realised that the goal in life is to be awesome so I just smashed bench.


ahahahahahaa
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
December 19 2011 17:12 GMT
#14346


Holy shit. I've got a date with that 230kg and it ain't going to be pretty!
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
purecarnagge
Profile Joined August 2010
719 Posts
December 19 2011 18:41 GMT
#14347
260lbs today. thats 15 lbs in 3 weeks. With one of those weeks being finals and only working out 1x that week. I'm almost halfway to my intial goal of 240lbs.
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
December 19 2011 22:41 GMT
#14348
holy shit that last guy is a motherfucking MONSTER.

zzz cant weightlift during my 2week winter break. got a pull-up bar and doing pullups for the first time. getting severe DOMS >_<. also doing pushups again.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
December 20 2011 00:11 GMT
#14349
On December 19 2011 21:02 Zafrumi wrote:
i'm back to 1.5x bw squat (127.5kg 3x5 @84kg). yeah baby!


nice, at 85kg bw?

grats.

CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Keyboard Warrior
Profile Joined December 2011
United States1178 Posts
December 20 2011 01:09 GMT
#14350
On December 20 2011 02:12 sJarl wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc44CzJnl3k

Holy shit. I've got a date with that 230kg and it ain't going to be pretty!

Fuck she is scary.

I have a curious question, any benefits for girls to be really muscular?
Not your regular Keyboard Warrior ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-20 01:16:10
December 20 2011 01:13 GMT
#14351
On December 19 2011 20:53 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Today's workout:

Squat 102,5kg 5-5-5 ATG, really proud
Bench Press 72,5kg 5-5 75kg 1x3 72,5kg 1x5
Deadlift 132,5kg 1x2

I had one of those existentialist conversations with myself after squats. 'Wehh, this can't be healthy wehhh, maybe I should switch programs wehhh, I didn't sleep enough so it's okay if I fail WEHHHHHH, IS THIS REALLY MAKING ME HAPPY?! WEHHH', but then I realised that the goal in life is to be awesome so I just smashed bench.


Dammit, I have to get eating if I'm going to stay ahead of you =(.

I've got 5kg on you in squat, even in bench (but for 5x5), and even in deadlift last time I pulled heavy - but that was before rugby, I've taken months off from heavy deads. Probably couldn't pull more than 120kg if I went in to deadlift tomorrow. You're right around my height/weight, correct? (193 cm/84kg)

Race to 1.5x BW squat (125kg) 1.75x BW dead (150kgish) and, because BW is so close for both of us, 100kg bench?

Make it three separate races, or have to accomplish all three? 1rm, set of 5, or 3x5?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-20 01:44:13
December 20 2011 01:42 GMT
#14352
On December 20 2011 10:09 Keyboard Warrior wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2011 02:12 sJarl wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc44CzJnl3k

Holy shit. I've got a date with that 230kg and it ain't going to be pretty!

Fuck she is scary.

I have a curious question, any benefits for girls to be really muscular?


I don't know what girl you found in the vid (maybe Martin @ 0.57 lol, which is a dude fyi)...

Girls have a really hard time becoming really muscular but they benefit from it in very similar ways as guys do.

On December 20 2011 07:41 Orpheos wrote:
holy shit that last guy is a motherfucking MONSTER.


That would be Benedikt Magnusson.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
December 20 2011 01:50 GMT
#14353
On December 20 2011 10:13 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2011 20:53 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Today's workout:

Squat 102,5kg 5-5-5 ATG, really proud
Bench Press 72,5kg 5-5 75kg 1x3 72,5kg 1x5
Deadlift 132,5kg 1x2

I had one of those existentialist conversations with myself after squats. 'Wehh, this can't be healthy wehhh, maybe I should switch programs wehhh, I didn't sleep enough so it's okay if I fail WEHHHHHH, IS THIS REALLY MAKING ME HAPPY?! WEHHH', but then I realised that the goal in life is to be awesome so I just smashed bench.


Dammit, I have to get eating if I'm going to stay ahead of you =(.

I've got 5kg on you in squat, even in bench (but for 5x5), and even in deadlift last time I pulled heavy - but that was before rugby, I've taken months off from heavy deads. Probably couldn't pull more than 120kg if I went in to deadlift tomorrow. You're right around my height/weight, correct? (193 cm/84kg)

Race to 1.5x BW squat (125kg) 1.75x BW dead (150kgish) and, because BW is so close for both of us, 100kg bench?

Make it three separate races, or have to accomplish all three? 1rm, set of 5, or 3x5?

I'm 1.96. Will get an accurate measurement on friday (if the french gym is open). I think I'll keep eating and sleeping like a boss and try to squeeze out a few weeks more progress on Starting Strength, then switch to BillStarr's 5x5.
But yeah on July 1st I was squatting 30kg and on the 11th that was 50kg. I think you do indeed gotta change something or I'll overtake you >:D

I'll race you to squats and deads, but my bench is pretty weak so meh :D
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 20 2011 03:18 GMT
#14354
Wow man I ran the other day, I am so out of shape. Hopefully I'll get used to it cause my legs are BURNING!

Mayoral Election:
Vote: Chezinu
Together but separate, like oatmeal
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
December 20 2011 04:03 GMT
#14355
On December 20 2011 12:18 bumatlarge wrote:
Wow man I ran the other day, I am so out of shape. Hopefully I'll get used to it cause my legs are BURNING!

Mayoral Election:
Vote: Chezinu


yeah same here, except I need to gain weight cause I'm severely underweight!

##vote Chezinu for mayor
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
December 20 2011 05:15 GMT
#14356
Just got back from the gym. Squat followed by barbell lunges super set with dumbbell step ups. My legs were so wrecked I had to lock my knees when I walked out lol.
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
December 20 2011 05:52 GMT
#14357
On December 20 2011 10:42 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2011 10:09 Keyboard Warrior wrote:
On December 20 2011 02:12 sJarl wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc44CzJnl3k

Holy shit. I've got a date with that 230kg and it ain't going to be pretty!

Fuck she is scary.

I have a curious question, any benefits for girls to be really muscular?


I don't know what girl you found in the vid (maybe Martin @ 0.57 lol, which is a dude fyi)...

Girls have a really hard time becoming really muscular but they benefit from it in very similar ways as guys do.


Psst, I think he's referring to your "date" and as for girls being muscular, my girlfriend will tell you that it's a huge confidence booster but that's more so a bonus from being stronger.
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
GumThief
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada284 Posts
December 20 2011 06:12 GMT
#14358
Met a really awesome guy at the gym a couple days ago who was a coach at a college in the U.S for Olympic lifting, now working in Canada.

Felt awesome. He was actually impressed by my technique on my lifts and my attitude as he put it. He invited me to go down to a gym in his area next week ~_~ Excited. I love this stuff, man.
:))
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
December 20 2011 06:17 GMT
#14359
On December 20 2011 10:50 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2011 10:13 phyre112 wrote:
On December 19 2011 20:53 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Today's workout:

Squat 102,5kg 5-5-5 ATG, really proud
Bench Press 72,5kg 5-5 75kg 1x3 72,5kg 1x5
Deadlift 132,5kg 1x2

I had one of those existentialist conversations with myself after squats. 'Wehh, this can't be healthy wehhh, maybe I should switch programs wehhh, I didn't sleep enough so it's okay if I fail WEHHHHHH, IS THIS REALLY MAKING ME HAPPY?! WEHHH', but then I realised that the goal in life is to be awesome so I just smashed bench.


Dammit, I have to get eating if I'm going to stay ahead of you =(.

I've got 5kg on you in squat, even in bench (but for 5x5), and even in deadlift last time I pulled heavy - but that was before rugby, I've taken months off from heavy deads. Probably couldn't pull more than 120kg if I went in to deadlift tomorrow. You're right around my height/weight, correct? (193 cm/84kg)

Race to 1.5x BW squat (125kg) 1.75x BW dead (150kgish) and, because BW is so close for both of us, 100kg bench?

Make it three separate races, or have to accomplish all three? 1rm, set of 5, or 3x5?

I'm 1.96. Will get an accurate measurement on friday (if the french gym is open). I think I'll keep eating and sleeping like a boss and try to squeeze out a few weeks more progress on Starting Strength, then switch to BillStarr's 5x5.
But yeah on July 1st I was squatting 30kg and on the 11th that was 50kg. I think you do indeed gotta change something or I'll overtake you >:D

I'll race you to squats and deads, but my bench is pretty weak so meh :D


My bench is bad too, but I'm working on it. It's always a work in progress.

My stats honestly are so low for a couple reasons:

1) Repeated knee problems have led me to reset my squat and dead COMPLETELY twice
2) I don't eat enough
3) I don't sleep enough
4) all the other shit I do. It's hard to stay motivated, so I seem to always make my progress in "streaks".
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
December 20 2011 07:15 GMT
#14360
On December 20 2011 09:11 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2011 21:02 Zafrumi wrote:
i'm back to 1.5x bw squat (127.5kg 3x5 @84kg). yeah baby!


nice, at 85kg bw?

grats.



Yeah around 84-85. Still trying to lose bodyfat so progress is slow but somewhat steady

I think i'm going to have a day (or maybe two) when i max out (1rm) all my lifts next week. Hoping for:
100kg bench (110 would be awesome but thats probably too ambitious)
140kg squat (should be easy)
180kg deadlift (tieing my 5rm from 5 months ago but that was at like 90-91kg bw)

Maybe i'll have another day where i max my snatch and c&j, will have to see how it goes.
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Prev 1 716 717 718 719 720 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
NeuroSwarm 172
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 283
hero 60
ZergMaN 8
sorry 8
Terrorterran 7
Bale 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1179
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 457
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King204
Other Games
summit1g9336
Maynarde206
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick462
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 142
• Berry_CruncH59
• practicex 21
• Letter144
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota251
League of Legends
• Lourlo1192
• Rush1006
• Stunt175
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 56m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 56m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.