• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:48
CEST 01:48
KST 08:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7314 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 717

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 715 716 717 718 719 730 Next
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
December 17 2011 20:36 GMT
#14321
hehe thanks man! Didn't really get a proper weigh in since the scale ran out of batteries lol. But it didn't matter so much since I was the only one in my weight class.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 01:02:25
December 17 2011 23:08 GMT
#14322
My squat is only going in one direction, and it is the wrong one. I have no confidence, my technic is falling apart, and pin-pointing the cause for all this is not easy since I don't know how much of all of this is caused by weight loss. But 3 weeks ago I did 150kg x 10 and today I did 152.5kg x 6 and I just gave up the seventh rep, since I was already so frustrated by how heavy the weight fell. I recorded myself to formcheck myself, I will maybe upload it later.
I just feel that squatting once a week just does not do it for me. And my Deadlift stays rather constant, so it is not as if all my lower body strength is just vanishing. After new years, I may just reset to something ridiculous like 100kg and work my way up SS-style. I am really out of ideas right now, so might as well do what worked in the first place.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
December 17 2011 23:18 GMT
#14323
Once you get to a certain point you need to be squatting more often to make progress..... 1x a week is good for maintenance though in most cases.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 17 2011 23:33 GMT
#14324
On December 18 2011 08:08 Malinor wrote:
My squat is only going in one direction, and it is the wrong one. I have no confidence, my technic is falling apart, and pin-pointing the cause for all this is not easy since I don't know how much of all of this is caused by weight loss. But 3 weeks ago I did 150kg x 10 and today I did 152.5kg x 6 and I just gave up the seventh rep, since I was already so frustrated by how heavy the weight fell. I recorded myself to formcheck myself, I will maybe upload it later.
I just feel that squatting once a week just does not do it for me. And my Deadlift stays rather constant, so it is not as if all my lower boy strength is just vanishing. After new years, I may just reset to something ridiculous like 100kg and work my way up SS-style. I am really out of ideas right now, so might as well do what worked in the first place.

Giving Olympic style. Squat to max everyday
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 00:09:04
December 18 2011 00:08 GMT
#14325
nice videos sjarl and decaf!

btw decaf were you tired or do you normally have lockout issues in the snatch?
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 01:27:06
December 18 2011 01:22 GMT
#14326
It's 1am now and I already can feel the insane DOMS i'll have tomorrow.

Just standing upright causes my lower back to shake uncontrollably. Quite a funny feeling...

@Decaf: Should've done 210/215 in the second attempt and then 230 in the last one.

There is a deadlift only meet on new years and I'm considering to compete there. It's held in my gym and there I'll at least be familiar with the bar and not tired from squats and benching.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
December 18 2011 02:34 GMT
#14327
Today i had a godly Breast/biceps session, but 2-3 hours later i went to a party and drank like crazy, such a beastly anxiety.
I have finally reached the point where my motivation to work out is so high that i actually get anxiety when i screw up my diet with drinking.

Also, i finally reached the point where i can finally do 3x5 100kg (220lbs) deads with no trouble
We make signature, then defense it.
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
December 18 2011 03:01 GMT
#14328
On December 18 2011 11:34 grobo wrote:
Today i had a godly Breast/biceps session, but 2-3 hours later i went to a party and drank like crazy, such a beastly anxiety.
I have finally reached the point where my motivation to work out is so high that i actually get anxiety when i screw up my diet with drinking.

Also, i finally reached the point where i can finally do 3x5 100kg (220lbs) deads with no trouble


Yeah, for a while I kept such a tight schedule because of weightlifting. Now I slack so much

As a point, 3x5 dls is pretty tough on the back, you might want to scale it back to 1x5 soon.
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
DoubleZee
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada556 Posts
December 18 2011 08:30 GMT
#14329
I've lost all motivation to go to the gym since I got food poisoning last weekend. Someone yell at me.
Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
December 18 2011 09:25 GMT
#14330
On December 18 2011 17:30 DoubleZee wrote:
I've lost all motivation to go to the gym since I got food poisoning last weekend. Someone yell at me.

Go to the fucking gym or you'll never be like this guy:
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
December 18 2011 12:06 GMT
#14331
On December 18 2011 11:34 grobo wrote:
Today i had a godly Breast/biceps session, but 2-3 hours later i went to a party and drank like crazy, such a beastly anxiety.
I have finally reached the point where my motivation to work out is so high that i actually get anxiety when i screw up my diet with drinking.

Also, i finally reached the point where i can finally do 3x5 100kg (220lbs) deads with no trouble


oh no, welcome to the world of anxiety, best never drink again imo
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
December 18 2011 12:25 GMT
#14332
grats on tripple gold sjarl :D

@malinor: i know the feeling. My squat hasnt improved since like august or something. Mostly because of injury related breaks. Only just now starting to improve again, and you will too!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 13:47:41
December 18 2011 13:42 GMT
#14333
On December 18 2011 08:08 Malinor wrote:
My squat is only going in one direction, and it is the wrong one. I have no confidence, my technic is falling apart, and pin-pointing the cause for all this is not easy since I don't know how much of all of this is caused by weight loss. But 3 weeks ago I did 150kg x 10 and today I did 152.5kg x 6 and I just gave up the seventh rep, since I was already so frustrated by how heavy the weight fell. I recorded myself to formcheck myself, I will maybe upload it later.
I just feel that squatting once a week just does not do it for me. And my Deadlift stays rather constant, so it is not as if all my lower body strength is just vanishing. After new years, I may just reset to something ridiculous like 100kg and work my way up SS-style. I am really out of ideas right now, so might as well do what worked in the first place.


I've been there. I'm currently being there.

AFAIK you're currently losing weight, right? Losing weight--fat or LBM--absolutely demolishes your squat. Yesterday after being out of the gym sick for two weeks and losing 7 pounds, I did 90kgx3x5, and that was a struggle. Keep in mind that about a month and a half before I succeeded in squatting 105x3x10.

Such is life in the gym. Squatting is something where simply squatting more often is often times the best course of action, and I would recommend that. I'm currently back on a linear progression to get back lost strength so that's also possible, but in your case if the drop isn't too severe, just do it Bulgarian style: squat to your max every session, and then do 2-3 backoff sets between 2 and 10 reps each.

@Decaf: Yeah, that sounds painful. Thanks for the tip. On your snatch, I see that your feet have quite a bit of hangtime... a strict Olympic lifting coach may crack down on that, but I've seen some pretty high-level Olympic lifters do so. Miculescu in the 69kg class has a pretty ridiculous hangtime with his second pull.

@SJarl: Fuck that 230 was so close. I was practically screaming at my computer saying "FUCKING PULL THAT SHIT." I have to say your jump from the first lift to the second lift was pretty epic though... 190kg -> 230kg. Love it.

Anyway, tomorrow morning I'm going to start doing some sprints. Hopefully I won't freeze my balls off causing a crash in my testosterone levels, but it should be fun.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 14:11:19
December 18 2011 14:10 GMT
#14334
@Rosa ill look into it..I should have some proper coaching for a week or two over break
On December 18 2011 09:08 AoN.DimSum wrote:
nice videos sjarl and decaf!

btw decaf were you tired or do you normally have lockout issues in the snatch?

I didn't feel tired but I did do some pretty heavy clean and jerks before hand. I do have lockout problems sometimes, always in my left.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
December 19 2011 00:05 GMT
#14335
nice game in the BW koth gotunk!!
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
December 19 2011 03:12 GMT
#14336
so I think I'm back, after being sidelined for 2 months from my concussion.

lost like 20% strength though
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
December 19 2011 03:36 GMT
#14337



by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
December 19 2011 08:45 GMT
#14338
So. Cute. Gonna hit the gym now and set three PR's.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
December 19 2011 09:35 GMT
#14339
Holy smokes batman, is this much really 10g of BCAA. Also tastes like fucking poison.

[image loading]
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
December 19 2011 10:04 GMT
#14340
Aha yeah I remember the first time I tried BCAA It still doesn't taste anywhere near ok but I just chug it down as fast as possible.

Also sJarl so close on those deadlifts :O I really thought you had both them.
Prev 1 715 716 717 718 719 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 664
Artosis 543
White-Ra 128
910 42
Dota 2
monkeys_forever514
NeuroSwarm178
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv125
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe121
PPMD79
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr99
Other Games
summit1g8055
shahzam615
JimRising 438
C9.Mang0328
ArmadaUGS76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream327
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 12m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.