• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:04
CEST 06:04
KST 13:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8652 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 627

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 625 626 627 628 629 730 Next
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
October 05 2011 19:07 GMT
#12521
Squat: 138kgx3x3
Bench Press: 86x2, 91x2, 96x2, 101x2, 106.5x1 (kg)
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
October 05 2011 19:10 GMT
#12522
On October 06 2011 01:44 Steeped wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2011 00:51 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
On October 05 2011 16:28 Steeped wrote:
On October 05 2011 07:23 eshlow wrote:
On October 04 2011 10:54 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
On October 04 2011 10:43 eshlow wrote:
On October 04 2011 10:22 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
Motherfucking squats. I took a 3 day break and the pain dulled a bit in my legs. I managed to do a few sets instead of 1 rep this time but my legs still feel like a knife is cutting the tendons, the pain is so SHARP.

To be more specific, the only part of my legs that hurt is in the groin area, so the upper inner thighs section. The weight of the squat doesn't bother me, and even if I go down in weight I feel like it will be the same pain.



Is this a stretching/flexibility issue where you're going too far down for your muscles to handle?

Or is it soreness?

Or is it an actual injury?
It could be a minor groin strain since I seem to have some of it's symptoms but I don't know how to treat it if it were the case.

I have no problem going down parallel or lower. However, I'm thinking I probably didn't squeeze my glutes very well in my squat sessions which in turn forced me to squeeze with my inner thighs which is bad I think. Do you think that is the cause perhaps?

EDIT: Actually now I'm very sure that it's a groin strain. The causes could be anything from what I mentioned above to not enough adequate warm-up etc etc.

So should I stop doing squats for a week and just lightly do some groin stretches in the mean-time?


Don't stretch strains.

You can do mobility work to the edge of pain, but stretching is a no no.

http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/01/on-muscle-strains/

Thanks so much for posting this haha, i recently strained my groin playing football. It happened on sunday and hurt so bad i couldn't sleep when i woke up in the morning i could barely walk and when i looked at my leg there was a gap. The doctors said i might need surgery but so far the meds and keeping it elevated seem to be doing wonders for me.
Ouch bro, that's a much more steep strain then mine. How long do you keep it elevated and how frequently btw?

Luckily i have an easy job, i sit here and watch sc2 all day basicly haha. I usually have it elevated for about 15 minutes every hour im not sure if this is to much or to little but it feels good to me. I also walk as normal as i can with no limp as long as i dont feel more pain. At the moment its a constant agonizing pain but i can deal with that when i walk just not the sharp shooting ones if i take a bad step haha. Im also thinking of applying heat to it but im not sure if thats advised, i think it would feel nice tho.
I read that later on heat is good because it forces blood to flow in that area just like doing light exercise. I'll try 15 mins like you are doing, hopefully we both get better soon!
I <3 Plexa.
xJupiter9x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States150 Posts
October 05 2011 19:56 GMT
#12523
Testament that lifting heavy gives cardio. I havent ran since my seniOr year 3 years ago. Have only lifted heavy for the past 10 months. Just ran a 5:47 mile.
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
October 05 2011 20:11 GMT
#12524
decaf you're not helping me cope with not being able to kill someone on a field.

FUCK I MISS FOOTBALL
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-05 20:27:22
October 05 2011 20:20 GMT
#12525
On October 06 2011 03:46 BouBou.865 wrote:
Today's workout for me, posting after Nazarene np:

82.5kg squat 5-5-5
67.5kg bench press 5-5-4 (god damnit I wanted that last rep, I fought like a warrior though. Half of the gym was yelling at me)
110kg deadlift 1x5

Squats and deads were easy, bench was crazy heavy. Gonna smash 67.5kg next week and continue loading on my other lifts


move on to 70kg bench next workout IMO!!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 05 2011 20:36 GMT
#12526
Took it easy on the squats today to let my back recover. Still sore doing BW-135lb squats but I think my form is better now.
bench
45x10-5
95x5
150x5-5-5-1-5-5
Didn't grip the bar right on the 4th work set so I put it back and did it again

squat
45x10-10
135x5

chin
17.5x5-5-4
Grip gave out on the last set
Official Entusman #21
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 05 2011 22:20 GMT
#12527
Just found out how awesome paused incline bb bench is.

Will continue doing them the next 6-8 weeks or so and post results.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
October 05 2011 23:45 GMT
#12528
My snatch is coming together.

Slowly.

Surely.

I will unlock Dimsum-mode.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-05 23:55:49
October 05 2011 23:55 GMT
#12529
On October 06 2011 04:56 xJupiter9x wrote:
Testament that lifting heavy gives cardio. I havent ran since my seniOr year 3 years ago. Have only lifted heavy for the past 10 months. Just ran a 5:47 mile.


Yeah man I keep telling people heavy lifting IS cardiovascular activity...

Your heart et al needs to get strong enough to withstand the forces of heavy weights on the system
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
October 06 2011 00:19 GMT
#12530
Fucking third time getting 5-5-4 on 135lb press. I'm gonna eat like a fucking monster and kill that shit on monday. aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so frustrating. I even did 5-5-4-4 today because I need to fucking get this done fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 06 2011 00:20 GMT
#12531
Between classes, practice, and the two other organizations I'm a part of here, I don't have time to lift right now, and it SUCKS =(. Snuck in to the gym today between classes and got some bench and some chinups done, but I can't fit in a full lift when squats alone take me 30 minutes to complete =/.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
October 06 2011 01:17 GMT
#12532


hardgainers LOL
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-06 01:58:31
October 06 2011 01:49 GMT
#12533
^ regardless of how accurate everything said in that video was, I have to admit, that was so funny to watch

Edit: OH GOD, their free flexor review killed me...
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
October 06 2011 02:06 GMT
#12534
On October 06 2011 10:17 AoN.DimSum wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMlFXE9bV-Q&

hardgainers LOL
I've gained 15lbs of muscle in only 2 months...
I <3 Plexa.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
October 06 2011 02:19 GMT
#12535
So today I did a 345lb squat (6x25lb on each side feels soo nice)

But pretty much, I intentionally did them as half squats, to get a similiar affect as the 45 leg press press, and I was wondering how damaging that is for my back. My quads got a really nice work out from it so... S;
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
October 06 2011 03:18 GMT
#12536
On October 06 2011 11:06 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2011 10:17 AoN.DimSum wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMlFXE9bV-Q&

hardgainers LOL
I've gained 15lbs of muscle in only 2 months...

I believe what they are saying is that just because you gained 15lbs while working out doesn't mean that all of it went to muscle.
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
October 06 2011 03:24 GMT
#12537
I've put on 20-25 pounds in 2-3 months and at least 15 of it is muscle.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
October 06 2011 03:30 GMT
#12538
On October 06 2011 12:18 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2011 11:06 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
On October 06 2011 10:17 AoN.DimSum wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMlFXE9bV-Q&

hardgainers LOL
I've gained 15lbs of muscle in only 2 months...

I believe what they are saying is that just because you gained 15lbs while working out doesn't mean that all of it went to muscle.
That's untrue as well. I'm less then 10% bodyfat and I'm absolutely ripped when I look in the mirror.
I <3 Plexa.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
October 06 2011 03:41 GMT
#12539
you cant really judge by looking in the mirror right? I was 68kg a week or two ago and I looked no different in the mirror when I was 65.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
October 06 2011 03:45 GMT
#12540
On October 06 2011 12:41 AoN.DimSum wrote:
you cant really judge by looking in the mirror right? I was 68kg a week or two ago and I looked no different in the mirror when I was 65.
15lbs is a lot man, my chest bulges out a lot more now and my back is bigger as well. My family and people I talk to have all commented that I look bigger too.
I <3 Plexa.
Prev 1 625 626 627 628 629 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
NeuroSwarm 172
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 283
hero 60
ZergMaN 8
sorry 8
Terrorterran 7
Bale 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1179
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 457
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King204
Other Games
summit1g9336
Maynarde206
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick462
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 142
• Berry_CruncH59
• practicex 21
• Letter144
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota251
League of Legends
• Lourlo1192
• Rush1006
• Stunt175
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 56m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 56m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.