• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:48
CEST 01:48
KST 08:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7360 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 628

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 626 627 628 629 630 730 Next
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
October 06 2011 03:58 GMT
#12541
I'm not trying to downplay your accomplishment, I was just commenting on how you cant judge if all 15lbs is muscle by looking at the mirror.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
October 06 2011 04:05 GMT
#12542
On October 06 2011 12:58 AoN.DimSum wrote:
I'm not trying to downplay your accomplishment, I was just commenting on how you cant judge if all 15lbs is muscle by looking at the mirror.
That makes sense, as long as your not downplaying me achievements.
I <3 Plexa.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
October 06 2011 04:26 GMT
#12543
good job gaining 15lb :D
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 06 2011 06:40 GMT
#12544
Just a snatch workout today, felt completely different after reading that article on yin and yang...the bar felt like it was going into the slot a LOT better, catching it like i never felt like before. took some getting used to, like i was re-learning how to snatch. Got up to 107.5 then missed a few at 110 (couple lol's, i'll post vids later)

On October 06 2011 05:11 Hurricane wrote:
decaf you're not helping me cope with not being able to kill someone on a field.

FUCK I MISS FOOTBALL


No reason you have to stop hitting people, there are rugby teams for all ages all over the country
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
October 06 2011 07:08 GMT
#12545
So Starting Strength got delivered today! Not sure when I'm gonna have time to read it but I'm really interested to learn some of the anatomy behind the lifts. (I was a bio major but didn't really study anatomy....I can tell you more than you want to know about STI's though.)

Anyways, in light of my ankle feeling weak again I have reset both squats and deadlifts about 30 lbs lighter and have decided to start doing the ankle workout at least once a day instead of twice a week. Sorry that I post about my ankle all the time here but I like to get my ideas out here so that if I'm doing something stupid or counter-productive one of you guys can tell me so.
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
October 06 2011 07:10 GMT
#12546
On October 06 2011 16:08 Lemonwalrus wrote:
So Starting Strength got delivered today! Not sure when I'm gonna have time to read it but I'm really interested to learn some of the anatomy behind the lifts. (I was a bio major but didn't really study anatomy....I can tell you more than you want to know about STI's though.)

Anyways, in light of my ankle feeling weak again I have reset both squats and deadlifts about 30 lbs lighter and have decided to start doing the ankle workout at least once a day instead of twice a week. Sorry that I post about my ankle all the time here but I like to get my ideas out here so that if I'm doing something stupid or counter-productive one of you guys can tell me so.

Stop post and READ! >:D
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
October 06 2011 09:13 GMT
#12547
I just completed a week of paragliding training. God my legs are killing me. Carrying full flight gear plus chute 110m uphill through high grass 8-12 times a day is a pretty insane workout.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
October 06 2011 10:09 GMT
#12548
Hardgainer video is awesome, talking like straight out of the ghetto but they seem to know their shit.
Even their supplement advice is solid. Will watch some more.

Afaik natural maximum for muscle synthesis is like half a pound per week. With roids a pound a week.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
October 06 2011 10:25 GMT
#12549
Regarding creatine and whey; I now make my shake with whey, full fat milk and creatine, workout and then immediately after take the shake (gulp it down in the locker room). This means that about 2-3 hours pass between making the shake and drinking it. Is this bad?
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
October 06 2011 10:34 GMT
#12550
I read somewhere that creatine becomes ineffective if you let it stay in water for too long (Creatin becomes creatinine). Found multiple sources stating that. No pubmed or anything like that though. (Too lazy to search)
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 06 2011 11:01 GMT
#12551
On October 06 2011 19:25 BouBou.865 wrote:
Regarding creatine and whey; I now make my shake with whey, full fat milk and creatine, workout and then immediately after take the shake (gulp it down in the locker room). This means that about 2-3 hours pass between making the shake and drinking it. Is this bad?


i don't think it matters much imo. it might have some effect on the breakdown if you drink it the day after but 2-3 hours doesn't change it much.

If you are really worried about it you could bring the creatine and a spoon with you and then add it after the workout.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
October 06 2011 11:02 GMT
#12552
From Layne Norton FAQ:

Q: Does creatine degrade after being in water for a while? I always thought that you only had like 5-10 minutes to drink it before it breaks its bond…and become creatinine.

A: Oh heavens no, monohydrate is stable for a few weeks.

Obviously no scientific source but I would imagine he's done his research.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
October 06 2011 11:12 GMT
#12553
Alright sweet. Is milk good to take it with, or should I start drinking grapejuice or whatever?
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 06 2011 11:16 GMT
#12554
lol no. except if you want to drink grapejuice....
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
October 06 2011 11:28 GMT
#12555
I heard fermented grape juice is good...
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
October 06 2011 12:15 GMT
#12556
Went for 172.5 deadlift, got the bar like 3 inches off the ground then saw stars.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 06 2011 14:55 GMT
#12557
On October 06 2011 19:09 glurio wrote:
Hardgainer video is awesome, talking like straight out of the ghetto but they seem to know their shit.
Even their supplement advice is solid. Will watch some more.

Afaik natural maximum for muscle synthesis is like half a pound per week. With roids a pound a week.


Yeah they sound like they know what theyr'e talking about for the most part, i think they're underestimating beginner gains and overstating how hard it is to put on mass. I'm AT LEAST 30 pounds more muscle than i was at this time 3 years ago. And i haven't even added weight in the last 1.5 years, mostly recomposition.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
October 06 2011 15:16 GMT
#12558
Well you always have to factor in genetics, dude said he put on what 20 pounds in 3 years? I saw his transformation video he was decently in shape before. (Compared to my before, black genetics )
I started at 64kg and am now 82kg, in about 2 1/2 years, but i was a twig before.

What i just don't like is when people say "i put on 20 pounds pure muscle in the first two months!", it just screws with the heads of other beginners.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
October 06 2011 15:47 GMT
#12559
Yesterdays SL 5x5 training
+ Show Spoiler +
Barbell Squat:
80 kg x 5 reps (+61 pts)
80 kg x 5 reps (+61 pts)
80 kg x 5 reps (+61 pts)
80 kg x 5 reps (+61 pts)
80 kg x 5 reps (+61 pts)
Barbell Bench Press:
37.5 kg x 5 reps (+28 pts)
37.5 kg x 5 reps (+28 pts)
37.5 kg x 5 reps (+28 pts)
37.5 kg x 5 reps (+28 pts)
37.5 kg x 5 reps (+28 pts)
Bent Over Barbell Row:
42.5 kg x 5 reps (+24 pts)
42.5 kg x 5 reps (+24 pts)
42.5 kg x 5 reps (+24 pts)
42.5 kg x 5 reps (+24 pts)
42.5 kg x 5 reps (+24 pts)


Still don't like my bench press technique and that video that's been posted all over hasn't helped much unfortunately. I find it extremely hard to get a good feeling of what should be going on and what should not be happening in the bench press. It ain't hard right now, but still afraid of stalling in the future if technique eludes me further.

Squat 6 sets actually, but the first set felt strange and I decided to do an extra to get the form right. 5 sets of 80kg squats felt heavy, because it's was my SL PR. I feel confident in continuing the program.

Barbell rows felt okay and I mainly focus on getting the correct upper arch and then just pulling. Lot less technical than the PC.

So far so good. Don't really understand the entire concept of fitocracy, but it's a nice way to log your own performance.

I read a book named "The Game" the other day and it Tom Cruise saying that the only person he ever competed with was himself. An important lesson to learn in the gym I'd say. You can stand in the gym all day hating yourself for being fattier, weaker or uglier than the next guy. In the end you gotta remember this is you fighting for your own glory.

Now I am gonna ditch the fuckaroundiditis that has been plaguing my lifting.

http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
October 06 2011 16:23 GMT
#12560
Don't overthink bench. Pull back your shoulderblades, go down with the arms at the sides and not flared out. Your good to go. When you feel comfortable with pressing, watch the video again and take a few pointers.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
Prev 1 626 627 628 629 630 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 664
Artosis 543
White-Ra 128
910 42
Dota 2
monkeys_forever514
NeuroSwarm178
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv125
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe121
PPMD79
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr99
Other Games
summit1g8055
shahzam615
JimRising 438
C9.Mang0328
ArmadaUGS76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream327
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 13m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.