• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:48
CEST 01:48
KST 08:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7250 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 629

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 627 628 629 630 631 730 Next
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
October 06 2011 16:28 GMT
#12561
Still bulking and apparently have lost 0.8 pounds since last sunday.
☺
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
October 06 2011 17:03 GMT
#12562
I TRAIN TO BE A MOTHERFUCKER.

CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
October 06 2011 17:50 GMT
#12563
Tehnically everyone who has children is a motherfucker...just saying

Today i failed 60kg bench again. Last rep...just didnt go, my friend was a slow reacting too, was fun under there for 5 secs.

Atg squat 60kg 5x5, should i go for 3x5 now? (5-5-5)

Power cleans 60kg 3-3-3-3-3

I love 60kg :D
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
October 06 2011 18:37 GMT
#12564
Wow, that article on the Yin and Yang side of things..wow.

I'm definitely a Dragon. Will work on my Pearl.

Samurai stylo bro.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
October 06 2011 19:16 GMT
#12565
On October 06 2011 15:40 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2011 05:11 Hurricane wrote:
decaf you're not helping me cope with not being able to kill someone on a field.

FUCK I MISS FOOTBALL


No reason you have to stop hitting people, there are rugby teams for all ages all over the country

I live in maine yo. and an hour and a half from any "city" that would have a league. and I don't have a car.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
October 06 2011 20:00 GMT
#12566
Have been reading a lot of this thread for a long time and never posted anything. But here we go

I have been working out for about eight months. Started with only upper body while training up to a marathon (legs tired all the time). Never finished a marathon as I strained my right thigh. Since that I have been on a SS variation and my stats are:
Squat 88kg 3x5
Bench 66kg 3x5
Deads 106kg 1x5
OHP 49kg 3x5
At a bodyweight of 74kg.

None of these lifts are any good really, but I have been ill for long periods of time making me unable to workout as I would like.

Lately I have been eating 3.5k calories per day and gaining a lot of weight and strength. But I have been having trouble with my hip flexors, esspecially after and during squats. I have currently been stretching them once every day, but it just seems to worsen.

Anyone have any good advice on getting a healthy a hip flexor? Sorry for my bad English.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 06 2011 20:21 GMT
#12567
Have you tried foam rolling? Foam rolling the IT-band has really helped keeping my hips loose and nice.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
October 06 2011 20:33 GMT
#12568
Thanks for the response, and no, I have not. I currently have no access to one, but they can't be very expensive.

BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-06 20:47:49
October 06 2011 20:47 GMT
#12569
On October 07 2011 02:50 inimenesc wrote:
Tehnically everyone who has children is a motherfucker...just saying

Today i failed 60kg bench again. Last rep...just didnt go, my friend was a slow reacting too, was fun under there for 5 secs.

Atg squat 60kg 5x5, should i go for 3x5 now? (5-5-5)

Power cleans 60kg 3-3-3-3-3

I love 60kg :D

Technically you can adopt children too... just saying or you can fuck mothers without having kids yourself. Also imi, MAN UP BRO! You used to be WAY past me 2 months ago now my current stats for motivation:

When I started (July 7th 2011):

50kg Squat
50kg Bench Press
50kg Deadlift
20kg Powerclean
30kg Press

These were all HARD when I started.

Current stats (October 6 2011):

82.5kg squat ezpz
67.5kg squat ezpz
110kg deadlift ezpzlmnsqz
55kg Powerclean (racing you bro, racing you)
45kg press

Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-06 20:54:43
October 06 2011 20:49 GMT
#12570
I think 4 times a week basketball practice is holding me down, also i have 2 days when gym+basketball at the same time :/
Also my diet isnt the greatest.

Here you go, difference between gaining and not gaining!!

Also wtf everyone writing my name imimene...DUDES.
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
stevarius
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1394 Posts
October 06 2011 21:33 GMT
#12571
On October 07 2011 01:28 Release wrote:
Still bulking and apparently have lost 0.8 pounds since last sunday.


Can be attributed to not having enough calories, water weight fluctuation, etc.

I have to weigh myself with almost the exact same set of factors to get a solid and reliable calculation of my weight from week to week.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 06 2011 23:56 GMT
#12572
In Rugby and in lifting, I'm not enough Dragon and too much Pearl. I'm too content with what I'm currently doing - with thinking through things, and with planning them rather than making it actually happen. I've always been this way too, so I don't know if the realization even surprises me.

It's not a problem when it comes to lifting - I can start psyching myself up for a big squat day, or get excited about a lift 15 minutes before I get to the gym, and then as long as my technique stays strong I'll hit the lift. But those times where you're just always excited to get back to the gym, ready to hit some big stuff, and push it to your next plateau, I don't get very often. on the rugby pitch it translates to not being able to make that big hit. It's not that I'm afraid of the guy, it's just that I'm thinking that it's tackling time when I should be making the tackle.

I can't just "get angry at you for having the ball" - I don't get angry at people. I get disappointed in myself when I do something wrong, but I don't get angry at myself or at anyone else. I haven't felt that way since I was maybe eight years old. I've got to figure this out though; I've got to work on my Dragon =/.
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
October 07 2011 00:24 GMT
#12573
On October 07 2011 06:33 stevarius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2011 01:28 Release wrote:
Still bulking and apparently have lost 0.8 pounds since last sunday.


Can be attributed to not having enough calories, water weight fluctuation, etc.

I have to weigh myself with almost the exact same set of factors to get a solid and reliable calculation of my weight from week to week.

All of my "official" weights that i record are on a sunday morning dehydrated after i pee. (basically the lowest all week.) Usually, my mid week weights are about 1-2 pounds heavier.
Probably a lack of calories.

Squat:170lbs 3X5
Bench 135lbs 3 (hit the under side of the rack)-5-4
OHP 70lbs 2X5
☺
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 07 2011 00:41 GMT
#12574
On October 07 2011 08:56 phyre112 wrote:
In Rugby and in lifting, I'm not enough Dragon and too much Pearl. I'm too content with what I'm currently doing - with thinking through things, and with planning them rather than making it actually happen. I've always been this way too, so I don't know if the realization even surprises me.

It's not a problem when it comes to lifting - I can start psyching myself up for a big squat day, or get excited about a lift 15 minutes before I get to the gym, and then as long as my technique stays strong I'll hit the lift. But those times where you're just always excited to get back to the gym, ready to hit some big stuff, and push it to your next plateau, I don't get very often. on the rugby pitch it translates to not being able to make that big hit. It's not that I'm afraid of the guy, it's just that I'm thinking that it's tackling time when I should be making the tackle.

I can't just "get angry at you for having the ball" - I don't get angry at people. I get disappointed in myself when I do something wrong, but I don't get angry at myself or at anyone else. I haven't felt that way since I was maybe eight years old. I've got to figure this out though; I've got to work on my Dragon =/.


You will find inner dragon. PHYRE SMASH. It took me a couple years to find said dragon but i found it.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 10:59:36
October 07 2011 10:58 GMT
#12575
On October 07 2011 02:03 funkie wrote:
I TRAIN TO BE A MOTHERFUCKER.



are you a motherfucker with a 130kg squat yet?
I went 4-4-3 today on 130kg, so you gotta hurry if you wanna beat me to 3x5!!

on a sidenote, I diagnosed several people with severe fuckarounditis today. sad
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 07 2011 12:20 GMT
#12576
On October 07 2011 05:33 KOVU wrote:
Thanks for the response, and no, I have not. I currently have no access to one, but they can't be very expensive.



No they usually are quite cheap. You can also use a thick PVC pipe or a rolling pin with a towel wrapped around it. It will hurt like hell but you'll feel so good afterward.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 13:11:11
October 07 2011 13:10 GMT
#12577
On October 07 2011 21:20 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2011 05:33 KOVU wrote:
Thanks for the response, and no, I have not. I currently have no access to one, but they can't be very expensive.



No they usually are quite cheap. You can also use a thick PVC pipe or a rolling pin with a towel wrapped around it. It will hurt like hell but you'll feel so good afterward.

Any exercises specifically you would recommend? Or should I just find whatever shows up on the first page of a google search?

edit: Exercises or stretches with the foam roll*
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
October 07 2011 13:45 GMT
#12578
Some goddamn insect has bitten my ankle and has it swelling. Last night it hurt like hell just to walk around near the end of the day. Swelling kinda disappearing but now I'm wondering whether I can squat fffffffuuuu.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 13:49:58
October 07 2011 13:49 GMT
#12579
On October 07 2011 22:45 Advocado wrote:
Some goddamn insect has bitten my ankle and has it swelling. Last night it hurt like hell just to walk around near the end of the day. Swelling kinda disappearing but now I'm wondering whether I can squat fffffffuuuu.

Put a lot of ice on it to get rid of some of the swelling, at least that's what I do when I have a swollon something before squatting.

If you live near a forest or field you might wanna get that checked. Might be a forest-tick and they carry some mean diseases.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 07 2011 14:17 GMT
#12580
On October 07 2011 22:10 KOVU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2011 21:20 sJarl wrote:
On October 07 2011 05:33 KOVU wrote:
Thanks for the response, and no, I have not. I currently have no access to one, but they can't be very expensive.



No they usually are quite cheap. You can also use a thick PVC pipe or a rolling pin with a towel wrapped around it. It will hurt like hell but you'll feel so good afterward.

Any exercises specifically you would recommend? Or should I just find whatever shows up on the first page of a google search?

edit: Exercises or stretches with the foam roll*




This looks about right. I have no idea what she is saying though. It's not very complicated to use the foam roller, just find the spots that are tight and massage them. And I bet your IT-band is tight.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Prev 1 627 628 629 630 631 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 664
Artosis 543
White-Ra 128
910 42
Dota 2
monkeys_forever514
NeuroSwarm178
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv125
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe121
PPMD79
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr99
Other Games
summit1g8055
shahzam615
JimRising 438
C9.Mang0328
ArmadaUGS76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream327
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 12m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.