• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:24
CEST 21:24
KST 04:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7658 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 31

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 730 Next
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
January 18 2011 00:10 GMT
#601
285 DL today and felt great, I think I could have done 300 if I really wanted to but I was already pretty tired by that point. I think I'm going to try 295 or 305 next week.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Alexson
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belarus293 Posts
January 18 2011 00:20 GMT
#602
On January 18 2011 06:59 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2011 05:05 Alexson wrote:
Lol@ people pounding down protein after workout, carbs are more important.


...

They seem to help my recovery, so I think I'll go ahead and keep taking them.


You're suppose to get protein, no doubt about that, but as soon as you come back home its a must that you replenish your Glycogen storage. Take 2 tsp. of Honey and a banana and you should be set for carbs, too many people only eat meats, and don't eat veggies and fruits that they need.
Liberal who supports gun use and supports an eye for an eye
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
January 18 2011 00:28 GMT
#603
why couldnt you of said this first, instead of being a dick?
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 18 2011 00:36 GMT
#604
Day 1 of bulgarian program...success. Even if it was the hardest thing i've ever done. Squatting and rugby yesterday didn't help.
Snatch:
2x3 72.5, 3x2 77.5, 5x1 87.5 Only missed one snatch.
Clean & jerk
2x3 92.5, 5x1 105
Front Squat
2x2 255lb, 1x2 285lb

I think i'm gonna go cry now.


On January 18 2011 07:17 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2011 05:05 Alexson wrote:
Lol@ people pounding down protein after workout, carbs are more important.


Do both, win more.

Today's workout:

Push Press: 70kg x 5 (slow and steady getting this one up, the 100kg log is just asking to be conquered!!)
DB Millitary Press: 15kg x 8 and 3 sets of 21kg x 8 (only got this for 1 set and 7 reps so pretty good)
Lateral Raises: 10kg x 8 and 13kg x 6 (bad form...)
BB Curl: 3 sets of 40kg x 8
Alt. DB Curl: 10kg x 8 and 13kg x 8 (strict form)

Overall pretty nice.


Nice! I'd love to overhead press 100kg by the end of the year, only around 75 right now.


On January 18 2011 09:10 Cambium wrote:
285 DL today and felt great, I think I could have done 300 if I really wanted to but I was already pretty tired by that point. I think I'm going to try 295 or 305 next week.


Almost in the 300 club :D Get it son


On January 18 2011 09:20 Alexson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2011 06:59 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On January 18 2011 05:05 Alexson wrote:
Lol@ people pounding down protein after workout, carbs are more important.


...

They seem to help my recovery, so I think I'll go ahead and keep taking them.


You're suppose to get protein, no doubt about that, but as soon as you come back home its a must that you replenish your Glycogen storage. Take 2 tsp. of Honey and a banana and you should be set for carbs, too many people only eat meats, and don't eat veggies and fruits that they need.


Munching on a half pound chicken breast and a sweet potato :D


On January 18 2011 05:39 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2011 05:05 Alexson wrote:
Lol@ people pounding down protein after workout, carbs are more important.



LINK YOUR SOURCES BRO.

HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING?

MOST IMPORTANT THING IS YOUR CELL-TECH EVERY DAY.

Edit: talking about performance, Decaf, why don't you do plyometrics? or you already do them?


I consider throwing my bodyweight above my head to be pretty explosive and performance enhancing in itself :D I did plyometrics when i was just powerlifting and/or speed training though. Oly lifting seems to be helping a shit ton though.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-18 01:06:07
January 18 2011 01:05 GMT
#605
Choco whole milk.... best post workout drink ever for mass.

Lots of carbs, lots of protein, good enough amount of fat.

And yes, choco whole milk outperforms isocaloric skim milk and workout drinks in the studies.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
January 18 2011 01:09 GMT
#606
is choco whole milk common? I can only find 1% choco milk. I guess I can always mix it with nesquik?
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
January 18 2011 01:38 GMT
#607
and for some reason chocolate whole milk seems easier to digest than just whole milk
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-18 02:18:08
January 18 2011 02:09 GMT
#608
Today

100kg 3x5 squat
75kg 3x5 BP (5kg up from my best)
120kg deadlift (using some cloth to pwn that shit, i think i can do ez 130!. I mean i used some pieces of cloth to protect my hands from the grip.)

Imma catch you cambium!!
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
January 18 2011 02:35 GMT
#609
On January 18 2011 10:09 Cambium wrote:
is choco whole milk common? I can only find 1% choco milk. I guess I can always mix it with nesquik?


Go with whole milk and add some choco instead
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
January 18 2011 02:45 GMT
#610
On January 18 2011 11:09 funkie wrote:
Today

100kg 3x5 squat
75kg 3x5 BP (5kg up from my best)
120kg deadlift (using some cloth to pwn that shit, i think i can do ez 130!. I mean i used some pieces of cloth to protect my hands from the grip.)

Imma catch you cambium!!


I just tore up a really old tshirt, works really well
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 18 2011 02:49 GMT
#611
On January 18 2011 11:09 funkie wrote:
Today

100kg 3x5 squat
75kg 3x5 BP (5kg up from my best)
120kg deadlift (using some cloth to pwn that shit, i think i can do ez 130!. I mean i used some pieces of cloth to protect my hands from the grip.)

Imma catch you cambium!!


How long you been squatting 100kg? Thought you were past it? And creeping in on 300lbs for deadlift too...gogo cambium vs funkie vs neco :D
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
January 18 2011 03:03 GMT
#612
It was more like 102kg lol
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
January 18 2011 03:17 GMT
#613
Maybe get a belt and a spotter mate, you'll instantly raise your squat by 20%.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Alexson
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belarus293 Posts
January 18 2011 03:23 GMT
#614
Weighted Pull-ups rape the shit out of my lats.. can't wait to do them again and continue growing monster lats.
Liberal who supports gun use and supports an eye for an eye
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-18 03:51:43
January 18 2011 03:47 GMT
#615
On January 18 2011 05:40 AoN.DimSum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2011 03:48 Drowsy wrote:
On January 17 2011 08:32 decafchicken wrote:
My buddy found this bulgarian workout that looks pretty awesome i think i might want to try it out, lemme know what you guys think:
http://www.mikesgym.org/programs/index.php?show=program&programID=27




It looks like a watered down version. A full bulgarian workout would be 3 weeks of max4day snatch, clean and jerk, front/back squat 2x per day, then a week of once a day lower volume training.

The program you linked would still want to make me kill myself halfway through it. I think you should give it a shot though, you've got a few years of training experience and could probably handle it in rugby offseason.



Well I dont think anyone does the true bulgarian style that Abedjiev used. It is a very brutal program.




oh yeah, the Abadjiev system is a full time job no doubt. It makes Broz/Krastev look easy. Abadjiev had them do the same exercise twice in the 4 hour session, so it would be like Snatch, 30 min break, clean and jerk, 30 minute break, snatch again, 10 minute break, front squat, nap for a few hours, come back and do the workout again with two clean and jerk sessions.


Anyway, i want decaf to log all his workouts, and I'm curious to see what will happen to his bench/dl on this kind of program.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
January 18 2011 04:55 GMT
#616
anyone remember the planet fittness commercials?

a response to it lol
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 18 2011 05:11 GMT
#617
ill be sure to log them all, this is gonna be the hardest thing ever lol. hope to see lots of gains in the next 3-4 weeks.
and dimsum awesome vid lol, I fucking hate planet fitness. me and my buddy want to open up "the judgement zone" right next to every pf :D
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-18 09:30:57
January 18 2011 09:28 GMT
#618
ROFL

BANG! BANG BANG BANG! POW!!

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
January 18 2011 10:05 GMT
#619
On January 18 2011 09:20 Alexson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2011 06:59 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On January 18 2011 05:05 Alexson wrote:
Lol@ people pounding down protein after workout, carbs are more important.


...

They seem to help my recovery, so I think I'll go ahead and keep taking them.


You're suppose to get protein, no doubt about that, but as soon as you come back home its a must that you replenish your Glycogen storage. Take 2 tsp. of Honey and a banana and you should be set for carbs, too many people only eat meats, and don't eat veggies and fruits that they need.


Well, you could use honey and bananas or whatver. They are quite high in fructose and I've always preferred pure glucose pwo. Like eschlow said: choco milk is king, only mine has a little more protein in it.

@Decaf: I'll post a pic soon of this monster of a log. It is huge.

Lol @ DimSun and Energies
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
January 18 2011 10:30 GMT
#620
On January 18 2011 13:55 AoN.DimSum wrote:
anyone remember the planet fittness commercials?

a response to it lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBRG4RkE51Q&feature=player_embedded



Well in all honesty I wouldn't want to be that big... but I agree with the sentiments
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 521
UpATreeSC 110
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 960
Dewaltoss 120
firebathero 83
Zeus 69
Trap 43
910 39
Bale 23
NaDa 19
ToSsGirL 19
JYJ 17
[ Show more ]
zelot 14
Shine 12
Dota 2
Gorgc5940
420jenkins234
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1230
Fnx 918
edward66
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS133
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1896
Other Games
summit1g4752
Grubby3068
Beastyqt701
B2W.Neo607
byalli413
C9.Mang0164
KnowMe160
TKL 148
shahzam90
BRAT_OK 67
Chillindude14
Railgan14
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV261
BasetradeTV251
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream115
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur377
• WagamamaTV290
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 36m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 36m
Stellar Fest
17h 36m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.