• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:38
CEST 02:38
KST 09:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8913 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 20

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 730 Next
radiaL
Profile Joined August 2003
Andorra2690 Posts
January 11 2011 19:46 GMT
#381
Hey guys,

Sometimes my life is a total shitshow and i literally don't have the time to even go out and buy a meal, let alone cook one. Are those meal replacement shakes something i should look into or should i just upgrade my snacking skills? Popping powder into milk and having that counted as meal sounds too awesome to not ask about.

Much love!
sideproject: twitch.tv Starcraft II Viewers data - http://twitchsc2data.com/
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 11 2011 19:55 GMT
#382
On January 12 2011 04:46 radiaL wrote:
Hey guys,

Sometimes my life is a total shitshow and i literally don't have the time to even go out and buy a meal, let alone cook one. Are those meal replacement shakes something i should look into or should i just upgrade my snacking skills? Popping powder into milk and having that counted as meal sounds too awesome to not ask about.

Much love!


Its fine to have a shake or two a day but get some real food in you. I like to grill 5 pounds of chicken/beef at a time and then just leave it in the fridge and i can have grab a meal at any time and be done in less than 5 minutes.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-11 20:54:47
January 11 2011 20:25 GMT
#383
Don't know why but I've been sleeping so bad lately I can really feel it when I work out.

Squat 110 2x5, 1x4. failed last rep
Press 50 1x5, 1x4 1x3 fail 3 reps total FFFFUUUU
PC just worked on my form with 30 kgs. Didn't care about progressing at this point Was so bummed about failing the press.


Rosa, are you SURE it's 5 sets x 3 reps when doing PC? SS wiki says it's 3sets x 5 reps. Will have to check the book to be really sure O.o
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-11 20:35:24
January 11 2011 20:28 GMT
#384
On January 12 2011 04:46 radiaL wrote:
Hey guys,

Sometimes my life is a total shitshow and i literally don't have the time to even go out and buy a meal, let alone cook one. Are those meal replacement shakes something i should look into or should i just upgrade my snacking skills? Popping powder into milk and having that counted as meal sounds too awesome to not ask about.

Much love!


Tupperware boxes are your friend. Prepare plenty of foods in advance like Decaf reccomened and store them in tupperware's.

EDIT: @Neco: I looked up in my copy of SS and it says 3 sets of 5 reps.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-12 18:39:17
January 11 2011 20:52 GMT
#385
Neco you fucking beast!

I did 3x5 x 107kg yesterday :D squat
3x5 56kg press
3x5 56kg PC (working on form as Neco)
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-11 21:00:59
January 11 2011 21:00 GMT
#386
On January 12 2011 05:25 Necosarius wrote:
Don't know why but I've been sleeping so bad lately I can really feel it when I work out.

Squat 110 2x5, 1x4. failed last rep
Press 50 1x5, 1x4 1x3 fail 3 reps total FFFFUUUU
PC just worked on my form with 30 kgs. Didn't care about progressing at this point Was so bummed about failing the press.


Rosa, are you SURE it's 5 sets x 3 reps when doing PC? SS wiki says it's 3sets x 5 reps. Will have to check the book to be really sure O.o


Everything is 3 sets of 5 reps but PC is 5 sets of 3 reps. DL is the other exception at 1x5. Rosa's right
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 11 2011 21:48 GMT
#387
It literally says " 5x3 (not a typo)" on the ss wiki
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
CatsPajamas
Profile Joined October 2010
United States337 Posts
January 11 2011 21:48 GMT
#388
Kevin/CatsPajamas
Age: 23 || Height: 6'4" || Weight: 335 lbs
Starting Date: 1/1/11 || Goal Date: 12/31/12
Weight goals -- 210 lbs in the end, hopefully down to 260 this year
Training goals -- Mostly want to run, did some weight training last year, but fell into the habit of not doing any cardio
Nutrition goals -- 4 servings of vegetables, 4 servings of fruit, lean protein, nuts, and whole wheats, trying to lower cholesterol
Misc goals -- Signed up to run a 5k in a few months, want to run 10 miles by the end of this year, and a marathon in 2 years
http://twitter.com/kevinknocke
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
January 11 2011 21:53 GMT
#389
On January 12 2011 06:48 decafchicken wrote:
It literally says " 5x3 (not a typo)" on the ss wiki


i wasn't aware the massive folds of muscle covering your eyes allowed you to read, you lunk.

<3
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-11 22:07:14
January 11 2011 22:06 GMT
#390
It always bothered me that on the SS wiki page they don't follow the general convention of multiplication: whereby the first number is the multiplicand and the second number is the factor. And now everyone writes it in reverse.

/rant
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
January 11 2011 22:14 GMT
#391
Fuck the gym with it's weights and barbells and squat racks, I've found something better.

YOU GOTTA DOOR!?
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-11 22:46:00
January 11 2011 22:32 GMT
#392
ohshii-- I meant the SS 3nd edition, the pdf says 3x5 ^^' Well I guess you are right anyway so I should switch to 5x3 then, thanks guys

You are the beast here funkie! (at least among the novices >_>) <3

Edit: browsed some and it really is 5x3, how did I miss this?! lol ^^'
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
January 11 2011 23:24 GMT
#393
On January 12 2011 06:48 CatsPajamas wrote:
Kevin/CatsPajamas
Age: 23 || Height: 6'4" || Weight: 335 lbs
Starting Date: 1/1/11 || Goal Date: 12/31/12
Weight goals -- 210 lbs in the end, hopefully down to 260 this year
Training goals -- Mostly want to run, did some weight training last year, but fell into the habit of not doing any cardio
Nutrition goals -- 4 servings of vegetables, 4 servings of fruit, lean protein, nuts, and whole wheats, trying to lower cholesterol
Misc goals -- Signed up to run a 5k in a few months, want to run 10 miles by the end of this year, and a marathon in 2 years


Stay away from whole wheats.

Dietary cholesterol is NOT indicative of blood levels. If you have high levels of cholesterol then there's something not right in your body. Could be anything from vitamin D to hormones, to other things going on.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Raeleigh
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada902 Posts
January 11 2011 23:52 GMT
#394
So, whomever told me to try the Paleolithic diet..
This is gonna be the hardest thing ALIVE.

Today is my first day. =(
I'm buying a cookbook either today or tomorrow and another book about it as well, just to do some more reading.

I want noodles so bad.

Anyway, thanks to whoever told me!
you are perfect porcelain.
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
January 12 2011 00:15 GMT
#395
The ironic aspect of the Paleo diet is that once you get off gluten, dairy and legumes your body's tolerance levels are actually reduced to those products. I went off it over Christmas and it felt like WW3 inside my body every time I had a beer or burger etc.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Raeleigh
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada902 Posts
January 12 2011 00:16 GMT
#396
On January 12 2011 09:15 Energies wrote:
The ironic aspect of the Paleo diet is that once you get off gluten, dairy and legumes your body's tolerance levels are actually reduced to those products. I went off it over Christmas and it felt like WW3 inside my body every time I had a beer or burger etc.

Haha, feels like that for me with dairy products. XD

But damn. We'll see how it goes I guess. p_q I just really want something like.. savory.
I'm tired of almonds and walnuts and such already.
qq!

Haha.

But have any good food suggestions? Things I can make that are tasty?
:u
you are perfect porcelain.
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
January 12 2011 01:37 GMT
#397
On January 12 2011 09:16 Raeleigh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2011 09:15 Energies wrote:
The ironic aspect of the Paleo diet is that once you get off gluten, dairy and legumes your body's tolerance levels are actually reduced to those products. I went off it over Christmas and it felt like WW3 inside my body every time I had a beer or burger etc.

Haha, feels like that for me with dairy products. XD

But damn. We'll see how it goes I guess. p_q I just really want something like.. savory.
I'm tired of almonds and walnuts and such already.
qq!

Haha.

But have any good food suggestions? Things I can make that are tasty?
:u


Steak.

ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Raeleigh
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada902 Posts
January 12 2011 02:00 GMT
#398
On January 12 2011 10:37 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2011 09:16 Raeleigh wrote:
On January 12 2011 09:15 Energies wrote:
The ironic aspect of the Paleo diet is that once you get off gluten, dairy and legumes your body's tolerance levels are actually reduced to those products. I went off it over Christmas and it felt like WW3 inside my body every time I had a beer or burger etc.

Haha, feels like that for me with dairy products. XD

But damn. We'll see how it goes I guess. p_q I just really want something like.. savory.
I'm tired of almonds and walnuts and such already.
qq!

Haha.

But have any good food suggestions? Things I can make that are tasty?
:u


Steak.


Maybe. :u I'm trying to cut meat out of my diet too. p_q

I ended up feeling really sick today and had to eat a bun. My tummy is not used to so much non processed non icky food. @_@ Gonna take it slow.
you are perfect porcelain.
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-12 02:02:24
January 12 2011 02:01 GMT
#399
I buy banana chips, I'm not sure about Canada but I find them near the fruit and veg section, they are basically sliced bananas that have been fried and dried or dehydrated.

It's sweet from the natural sugars and you can grab big handfuls and still only be eating like 1/4 of a banana.

Edit: DO NOT CUT OUT MEAT.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
January 12 2011 02:17 GMT
#400
On January 12 2011 07:32 Necosarius wrote:
ohshii-- I meant the SS 3nd edition, the pdf says 3x5 ^^' Well I guess you are right anyway so I should switch to 5x3 then, thanks guys

You are the beast here funkie! (at least among the novices >_>) <3

Edit: browsed some and it really is 5x3, how did I miss this?! lol ^^'



Rofl okay so it is 5x3?

Ie. 5 reps times 3?
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2478
Artosis 685
White-Ra 116
910 44
Dota 2
monkeys_forever586
NeuroSwarm201
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv300
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe160
Other Games
summit1g8893
shahzam598
JimRising 575
C9.Mang0316
ArmadaUGS60
RuFF_SC29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick790
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream334
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• davetesta20
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 23m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 23m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.