• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:42
CEST 21:42
KST 04:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12639 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 184

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 182 183 184 185 186 730 Next
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 20 2011 03:33 GMT
#3661
On April 20 2011 12:31 eshlow wrote:
Some khyphosis in the T-spine is normal.

It is unlikely they would've fused you in a khyphotic state for the cervical region because it's supposed to be a bit curved like the lumbar which is lordosis.

How they fused you unless you're bent over a lot is probably about normal.

Likely need cueing on better posture which would be thinking about lifting your chest up and standing up straight like military posture.... e.g. putting the bottom of your chest (sternum area) up about an inch or two. That will naturally make your posture for the shoulders and rest of the neck better even with the fusion.

I'll post a side view.

>.>
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
April 20 2011 03:35 GMT
#3662
"Hi, Im Shafali and today we're going to learn how to stretch a group of muscles called the hamstring muscles."
"And I'm Randy."

+ Show Spoiler +




love it
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 20 2011 03:50 GMT
#3663

On April 20 2011 11:37 pyrogenetix wrote:
awww yeeeaaahh
deadlift 170kg x5 yesterday

4 plate sooner than I estimated


asduilfhapwfhasdf

Hope to be @ 3 plate DL by end of month.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 20 2011 03:53 GMT
#3664
On April 20 2011 12:20 Froadac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 12:03 decafchicken wrote:
On April 20 2011 11:37 pyrogenetix wrote:
awww yeeeaaahh
deadlift 170kg x5 yesterday

4 plate sooner than I estimated


Welcome to the club mate <3 Everyone here is getting so damn beastly its AWESOME

except me

Would you mind helping me figure out squats. I'm still confused after reading the whole squats section.


when in doubt, YOUTUBE!

(no seriously, not youtubing new lifts/positions is a huge mistake - so much great info out there)

Today:
Bench - 170lbs(+5) 3x5
BW Chinups - 6-6-4
BW Pullups - 3-3-1
BW(?) Face Pulls 4x5


Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 20 2011 03:53 GMT
#3665
Lolol. Thanks. Images are uploading.

Shit is my neck curvature bad.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 20 2011 03:59 GMT
#3666
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

My pictures tt
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 20 2011 03:59 GMT
#3667
I just realized I went from 245lb squat -> 265lb squat this weekend, not 255lb -> 265lb...

How did I not even realize? This is so weird.
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
April 20 2011 04:02 GMT
#3668
I just hit 180lb squats, 200lb deadlifts, and 100lb overhead press on tonights workout. In a few weeks ill be pass 100kgs on squats/deadlifts woot! =D
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-20 04:11:53
April 20 2011 04:03 GMT
#3669
By the way: disclaimer: the pictures were shot in my brother's room. Mine doesn't really have any reasonable surfaces to shoot against: just a dresser, a bed, and a desk.

Still confused with squats.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
April 20 2011 04:15 GMT
#3670
Hmmm, that is a lot of neck curvature. Does it bother you much when you do anything?
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 20 2011 04:33 GMT
#3671
On April 20 2011 13:15 eshlow wrote:
Hmmm, that is a lot of neck curvature. Does it bother you much when you do anything?

Yes it does. And a doctor said it might be problem: I'm going in next week. It all stems from lack of pt --> pain --> less activity.

Time to end that cycle.
Levistus
Profile Joined December 2009
1134 Posts
April 20 2011 06:44 GMT
#3672
guys can you suggest me on weights to buy? i only have 30lbs total. im going to buy tomorrow but dunno what weight and how many pieces of each weight. i'm doing starting strength. thanks.
hey man just curious
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 20 2011 07:24 GMT
#3673
On April 20 2011 15:44 Levistus wrote:
guys can you suggest me on weights to buy? i only have 30lbs total. im going to buy tomorrow but dunno what weight and how many pieces of each weight. i'm doing starting strength. thanks.


Do you have an olympic bar?
What's the distribution of your 30lbs?

I'm guessing 2x10lbs and 2x5lbs.
Personally I feel that you'd want 2x2.5lbs to push yourself with bench and military press.

I imagine you'd at least want to pick up 2x25lbs, I can't really comment without knowing your strength level at all... you make it sound like you wouldn't be able to start out with 2x45lbs right away.
Levistus
Profile Joined December 2009
1134 Posts
April 20 2011 08:18 GMT
#3674
On April 20 2011 16:24 thedeadhaji wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 15:44 Levistus wrote:
guys can you suggest me on weights to buy? i only have 30lbs total. im going to buy tomorrow but dunno what weight and how many pieces of each weight. i'm doing starting strength. thanks.


Do you have an olympic bar?
What's the distribution of your 30lbs?

I'm guessing 2x10lbs and 2x5lbs.
Personally I feel that you'd want 2x2.5lbs to push yourself with bench and military press.

I imagine you'd at least want to pick up 2x25lbs, I can't really comment without knowing your strength level at all... you make it sound like you wouldn't be able to start out with 2x45lbs right away.


hey man! i have 4x 5lbs and 4x 2.5 lbs. I have a standard bar not olympic. i just don't want to buy lots of light weight ones cause i won't be doing isolation exercises only the ones in starting strength. I need to buy weights that will last me for a long time cause i'm going to buy them somewhere far and cheap.
hey man just curious
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
April 20 2011 08:24 GMT
#3675
On April 20 2011 17:18 Levistus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 16:24 thedeadhaji wrote:
On April 20 2011 15:44 Levistus wrote:
guys can you suggest me on weights to buy? i only have 30lbs total. im going to buy tomorrow but dunno what weight and how many pieces of each weight. i'm doing starting strength. thanks.


Do you have an olympic bar?
What's the distribution of your 30lbs?

I'm guessing 2x10lbs and 2x5lbs.
Personally I feel that you'd want 2x2.5lbs to push yourself with bench and military press.

I imagine you'd at least want to pick up 2x25lbs, I can't really comment without knowing your strength level at all... you make it sound like you wouldn't be able to start out with 2x45lbs right away.


hey man! i have 4x 5lbs and 4x 2.5 lbs. I have a standard bar not olympic. i just don't want to buy lots of light weight ones cause i won't be doing isolation exercises only the ones in starting strength. I need to buy weights that will last me for a long time cause i'm going to buy them somewhere far and cheap.


I'm gonna answer your post with what I'd buy (in kilos) if I wanted complete equipment.
I'd need one set of each of the smaller weights: 2x 1.25kg, 2x 2.5kg, 2x 5kg
Then I'd want 4x 10kg plates, 4x 15kg plates, 4x 20kg plates. Maybe 2x 25kg plates if you don't want to buy things later. This would go a long way.
I don't know what kind of plates you guys have in pounds but I hope this gives you some idea :O
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
April 20 2011 08:27 GMT
#3676
On April 20 2011 12:50 thedeadhaji wrote:

Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 11:37 pyrogenetix wrote:
awww yeeeaaahh
deadlift 170kg x5 yesterday

4 plate sooner than I estimated


asduilfhapwfhasdf

Hope to be @ 3 plate DL by end of month.


not a lot of month left hehe gogo!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Levistus
Profile Joined December 2009
1134 Posts
April 20 2011 08:36 GMT
#3677
On April 20 2011 17:24 Sinep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 17:18 Levistus wrote:
On April 20 2011 16:24 thedeadhaji wrote:
On April 20 2011 15:44 Levistus wrote:
guys can you suggest me on weights to buy? i only have 30lbs total. im going to buy tomorrow but dunno what weight and how many pieces of each weight. i'm doing starting strength. thanks.


Do you have an olympic bar?
What's the distribution of your 30lbs?

I'm guessing 2x10lbs and 2x5lbs.
Personally I feel that you'd want 2x2.5lbs to push yourself with bench and military press.

I imagine you'd at least want to pick up 2x25lbs, I can't really comment without knowing your strength level at all... you make it sound like you wouldn't be able to start out with 2x45lbs right away.


hey man! i have 4x 5lbs and 4x 2.5 lbs. I have a standard bar not olympic. i just don't want to buy lots of light weight ones cause i won't be doing isolation exercises only the ones in starting strength. I need to buy weights that will last me for a long time cause i'm going to buy them somewhere far and cheap.


I'm gonna answer your post with what I'd buy (in kilos) if I wanted complete equipment.
I'd need one set of each of the smaller weights: 2x 1.25kg, 2x 2.5kg, 2x 5kg
Then I'd want 4x 10kg plates, 4x 15kg plates, 4x 20kg plates. Maybe 2x 25kg plates if you don't want to buy things later. This would go a long way.
I don't know what kind of plates you guys have in pounds but I hope this gives you some idea :O


Thanks Sinep. Anyone here who has weights in lbs? I dunno the weights available for lbs to buy the same like Sinep's suggestion.

4x25lbs
4x30? 35? lbs
4x50lbs
2x60?65?lbs

so is this a good set of weights to buy? can someone confirm is this is correct or something.

thanks.
hey man just curious
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
April 20 2011 08:47 GMT
#3678
all I know is that 20kg = 45lbs plates. you can do the math from there!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Levistus
Profile Joined December 2009
1134 Posts
April 20 2011 08:56 GMT
#3679
On April 20 2011 17:47 Zafrumi wrote:
all I know is that 20kg = 45lbs plates. you can do the math from there!


ok i found a pic of weights in lbs. it has plates in 2.5lbs, 5lbs, 10lbs, 25lbs, 35lbs and 45 lbs.
so is this ok?

4x25lbs
4x35lbs
4x45lbs

do i need some of the 10lbs? also do i have to buy 4 each? or 2 each? cause all in all that's 440 lbs which i don;'t think i'll be able to lift lol. should i change the 45lbs to 10lbs instead?
thanks! pls have patience with me!
hey man just curious
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
April 20 2011 09:22 GMT
#3680
I would at least get 2x45lbs. if money is no object, buy all that sinep recommended.
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Prev 1 182 183 184 185 186 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1446
TKL 478
IndyStarCraft 292
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1446
TKL 478
IndyStarCraft 292
EmSc Tv 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23664
Calm 2286
Shuttle 355
Mini 168
White-Ra 147
ZZZero.O 110
firebathero 77
scan(afreeca) 19
soO 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc11484
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1387
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4251
Liquid`Hasu594
MindelVK27
Other Games
summit1g6123
Liquid`RaSZi2259
fl0m1635
FrodaN1407
B2W.Neo745
olofmeister654
Khaldor478
Beastyqt342
Livibee185
crisheroes133
Pyrionflax120
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick771
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft 2
angryscii 21
EmSc Tv 10
EmSc2Tv 10
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 29
• Adnapsc2 12
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach43
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• blackmanpl 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1290
• Shiphtur691
• WagamamaTV332
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 18m
Replay Cast
3h 18m
OSC
16h 18m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.