• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:59
CEST 01:59
KST 08:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8465 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 182

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 180 181 182 183 184 730 Next
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 19 2011 23:16 GMT
#3621
I'm just not that sure if I even have the strength threshold to be able to do any of that lifting, etc >.>
Maxwell3
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States88 Posts
April 19 2011 23:19 GMT
#3622
On April 20 2011 08:13 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 08:09 Maxwell3 wrote:
I don't understand "First 3 sets are the same as Monday, the 4th set is repeating the 3rd set again." Anyone care to explain?


Say on monday your squt looks like this:
5x 100,200,300,400,500

So then on wednesday your would look like this
5x 100,200,300,300

Of course theses #s are random and your sets shouldnt look like that.

ohhh thanks bro i really appreciate the help. Can't wait to go heavy as fuck on compounds, fuck this high rep body building shit lol
I'm in love with a girl named bara bell
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
April 19 2011 23:20 GMT
#3623
On April 20 2011 08:16 Froadac wrote:
I'm just not that sure if I even have the strength threshold to be able to do any of that lifting, etc >.>


Nobody ever accomplished anything with that attitude. Just start doing SS with an empty barbell and eat big. You will shock yourself with the progress you can make.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 19 2011 23:20 GMT
#3624
Sorry, should probably phrase it better.

Will these programs make me generally fit, or are they about building mass? (Total fitness nub)
Maxwell3
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States88 Posts
April 19 2011 23:23 GMT
#3625
On April 20 2011 08:20 Froadac wrote:
Sorry, should probably phrase it better.

Will these programs make me generally fit, or are they about building mass? (Total fitness nub)

Get on SS/5x5, run a lot, and you will be fit then a mug. Work on flexibility too.
I'm in love with a girl named bara bell
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 19 2011 23:33 GMT
#3626
On April 20 2011 08:23 Maxwell3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 08:20 Froadac wrote:
Sorry, should probably phrase it better.

Will these programs make me generally fit, or are they about building mass? (Total fitness nub)

Get on SS/5x5, run a lot, and you will be fit then a mug. Work on flexibility too.

I am the least flexible person known to man.

Does this work on core, because that's what I need lol.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
April 19 2011 23:36 GMT
#3627
On April 20 2011 08:33 Froadac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 08:23 Maxwell3 wrote:
On April 20 2011 08:20 Froadac wrote:
Sorry, should probably phrase it better.

Will these programs make me generally fit, or are they about building mass? (Total fitness nub)

Get on SS/5x5, run a lot, and you will be fit then a mug. Work on flexibility too.

I am the least flexible person known to man.

Does this work on core, because that's what I need lol.


Compound barbell lifting does everything in one way or another. It's like the greatest thing you can do for yourself. It will increase your core, fitness, strength, muscle, endurance, mood, confidence, flexibility, etc.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 19 2011 23:46 GMT
#3628
That's good. I'll look more into it, unless the parents are dicks
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
April 19 2011 23:59 GMT
#3629
/care on parents. just do it. why should they be a factor in it?

@maxwell: nice stats, been training for a long time?
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 20 2011 00:02 GMT
#3630
On April 20 2011 08:59 sJarl wrote:
/care on parents. just do it. why should they be a factor in it?

@maxwell: nice stats, been training for a long time?


Parents "You can't"

Me ...

There isn't a whole lot I can do.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
April 20 2011 00:12 GMT
#3631
On April 20 2011 09:02 Froadac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 08:59 sJarl wrote:
/care on parents. just do it. why should they be a factor in it?

@maxwell: nice stats, been training for a long time?


Parents "You can't"

Me ...

There isn't a whole lot I can do.


"Why can't I?" - and being too young is not an option (even if you are <14 years or whatever)

And if shit really hits the fan you always have bodyweight exercises which you can do almost everywhere with minimal equipment. just google/youtube it, keywords like "calisthenics" might help you.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 20 2011 00:20 GMT
#3632
On April 20 2011 09:12 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 09:02 Froadac wrote:
On April 20 2011 08:59 sJarl wrote:
/care on parents. just do it. why should they be a factor in it?

@maxwell: nice stats, been training for a long time?


Parents "You can't"

Me ...

There isn't a whole lot I can do.


"Why can't I?" - and being too young is not an option (even if you are <14 years or whatever)

And if shit really hits the fan you always have bodyweight exercises which you can do almost everywhere with minimal equipment. just google/youtube it, keywords like "calisthenics" might help you.

I'm 17.

If you've read any of my blogs you know my parents can be... insane.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
April 20 2011 00:28 GMT
#3633
Sorry if I sounded like a jerk in my previous posts.

But man, you need some time with the iron. Holy macaroni...I feel for you.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Maxwell3
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States88 Posts
April 20 2011 00:48 GMT
#3634
On April 20 2011 08:59 sJarl wrote:
/care on parents. just do it. why should they be a factor in it?

@maxwell: nice stats, been training for a long time?

6 months
I'm in love with a girl named bara bell
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 20 2011 00:49 GMT
#3635
On April 20 2011 09:28 sJarl wrote:
Sorry if I sounded like a jerk in my previous posts.

But man, you need some time with the iron. Holy macaroni...I feel for you.

No problem.

And yes, I do >.>
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-20 01:04:37
April 20 2011 01:04 GMT
#3636
On April 20 2011 09:49 Froadac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 09:28 sJarl wrote:
Sorry if I sounded like a jerk in my previous posts.

But man, you need some time with the iron. Holy macaroni...I feel for you.

No problem.

And yes, I do >.>


Just tell them you're working out/going for a run/doing push ups or something if they think weight training is bad for you. Surely they can't be against you exercising? I dunno about you but my local high school has free weights that i still use (graduated 3 years ago) when i'm home, if not just sign up for a local gym until you go off to school where there will be a weight room for you to use free of parental scrutinization. And after flipping through your blogs, i have concluded 2 months of SS will solve all your problems. Unfortunately prom is before that, but really prom is overrated and you'll be happy when a summer of SS pays massive dividends at college!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
April 20 2011 01:09 GMT
#3637
On April 20 2011 10:04 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 09:49 Froadac wrote:
On April 20 2011 09:28 sJarl wrote:
Sorry if I sounded like a jerk in my previous posts.

But man, you need some time with the iron. Holy macaroni...I feel for you.

No problem.

And yes, I do >.>


Just tell them you're working out/going for a run/doing push ups or something if they think weight training is bad for you. Surely they can't be against you exercising? I dunno about you but my local high school has free weights that i still use (graduated 3 years ago) when i'm home, if not just sign up for a local gym until you go off to school where there will be a weight room for you to use free of parental scrutinization. And after flipping through your blogs, i have concluded 2 months of SS will solve all your problems. Unfortunately prom is before that, but really prom is overrated and you'll be happy when a summer of SS pays massive dividends at college!


here's the TLDR version:

SS --> get laid in college
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
April 20 2011 01:11 GMT
#3638
On April 20 2011 09:48 Maxwell3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 08:59 sJarl wrote:
/care on parents. just do it. why should they be a factor in it?

@maxwell: nice stats, been training for a long time?

6 months


Height/Weight/previous experience? Diet? Routine? Seems amazingly short to me.

On April 20 2011 09:20 Froadac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 09:12 sJarl wrote:
On April 20 2011 09:02 Froadac wrote:
On April 20 2011 08:59 sJarl wrote:
/care on parents. just do it. why should they be a factor in it?

@maxwell: nice stats, been training for a long time?


Parents "You can't"

Me ...

There isn't a whole lot I can do.


"Why can't I?" - and being too young is not an option (even if you are <14 years or whatever)

And if shit really hits the fan you always have bodyweight exercises which you can do almost everywhere with minimal equipment. just google/youtube it, keywords like "calisthenics" might help you.

I'm 17.

If you've read any of my blogs you know my parents can be... insane.


Just took a look through your blogs. I can't think of anything you could add to your life right now that would benefit you more than starting to work out. Seriously, why bother "asking" to do something that's 100% good for you? Stay after school, I'm sure you have a weight room there, and start on the SS program with the minimum weights. Eat roughly triple the amount of food that you currently do in a day, and I'm promising that your life will improve immensely.

If you have trouble with your parents, get a reason. Then disprove the reason. Provided you do it correctly so as not to injure yourself, nothing but benefit can come from lifting.

If even that fails, do bodyweight exercises. You can do them anywhere, with little/no equipment. Save the lifting for when you get to college, but absolutely get on it then. There's no reason not to.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
April 20 2011 01:23 GMT
#3639
On April 20 2011 10:09 Cambium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 10:04 decafchicken wrote:
On April 20 2011 09:49 Froadac wrote:
On April 20 2011 09:28 sJarl wrote:
Sorry if I sounded like a jerk in my previous posts.

But man, you need some time with the iron. Holy macaroni...I feel for you.

No problem.

And yes, I do >.>


Just tell them you're working out/going for a run/doing push ups or something if they think weight training is bad for you. Surely they can't be against you exercising? I dunno about you but my local high school has free weights that i still use (graduated 3 years ago) when i'm home, if not just sign up for a local gym until you go off to school where there will be a weight room for you to use free of parental scrutinization. And after flipping through your blogs, i have concluded 2 months of SS will solve all your problems. Unfortunately prom is before that, but really prom is overrated and you'll be happy when a summer of SS pays massive dividends at college!


here's the TLDR version:

SS --> get laid in college


awww i was gonna let him find out for himself ^_^

Also fish oil must work wonders for your skin, girls keep telling me how soft my skin is :D
I have the most inconsistent diet at school T_T some days i'll have 5 decent sized meals and then days like today where i had oats n eggs for breakfast and then like 1.5 pounds of chicken/venison with rice for dinner and thats all. Probably correlates with time since last shopping trip lol ^_^
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-20 01:51:38
April 20 2011 01:49 GMT
#3640
On April 20 2011 10:23 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 10:09 Cambium wrote:
On April 20 2011 10:04 decafchicken wrote:
On April 20 2011 09:49 Froadac wrote:
On April 20 2011 09:28 sJarl wrote:
Sorry if I sounded like a jerk in my previous posts.

But man, you need some time with the iron. Holy macaroni...I feel for you.

No problem.

And yes, I do >.>


Just tell them you're working out/going for a run/doing push ups or something if they think weight training is bad for you. Surely they can't be against you exercising? I dunno about you but my local high school has free weights that i still use (graduated 3 years ago) when i'm home, if not just sign up for a local gym until you go off to school where there will be a weight room for you to use free of parental scrutinization. And after flipping through your blogs, i have concluded 2 months of SS will solve all your problems. Unfortunately prom is before that, but really prom is overrated and you'll be happy when a summer of SS pays massive dividends at college!


here's the TLDR version:

SS --> get laid in college


awww i was gonna let him find out for himself ^_^

Also fish oil must work wonders for your skin, girls keep telling me how soft my skin is :D
I have the most inconsistent diet at school T_T some days i'll have 5 decent sized meals and then days like today where i had oats n eggs for breakfast and then like 1.5 pounds of chicken/venison with rice for dinner and thats all. Probably correlates with time since last shopping trip lol ^_^

haha, I figured that one out.

The bullshit thing is that they don't let people use the weighroom at my highschool. Aka bullshit. I think my dad has weights in the attic: what exactly will I be needing?

And where can I find the SS information >.>
Prev 1 180 181 182 183 184 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 477
Hyun 139
Dota 2
monkeys_forever507
League of Legends
Doublelift4428
Other Games
summit1g11668
JimRising 473
ViBE250
Livibee191
KnowMe186
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick930
BasetradeTV180
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 129
• Adnapsc2 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1693
• imaqtpie1005
• Shiphtur429
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 2m
Patches Events
15h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 2m
OSC
23h 2m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.