• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:42
CEST 21:42
KST 04:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12639 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 181

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 179 180 181 182 183 730 Next
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
April 19 2011 20:29 GMT
#3601
On April 20 2011 04:29 Levistus wrote:
hey guys. i never seem to get my abs sore when i squat. am i doing something wrong? or do i need to lift heavier? i try to tighten my abs when i do it.


mine never get sore from squats, or deadlift for that matter.

does anybody actually get sore abs from these exercises?
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
April 19 2011 20:30 GMT
#3602
On April 20 2011 03:50 Anabolicqt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 01:17 eshlow wrote:
On April 19 2011 16:26 phyre112 wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:02 phyre112 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I've got a month left before summer, and I need to do some SERIOUS bulking. I'll probably get a gym membership if I can when I go home - there's a place in town that I think has a summer deal for college kids... But for the first threeish weeks I'm home, I'll be working daily with my dad to build a cross country course at a local high school, and I don't think it'll leave me much energy for hard lifts. If anything, I'll go light two or three times a week just to keep everything together. I'll definitely be getting a full body workout on this job. Cutting and hauling trees, moving rocks, planting grass, spreadiing wood chips, not to mention running the 5km course a hundred different times. Basically endurance work in 80 degree weather that still demands significant strength. Fuck yeah, gonna keep me from getting to exhausted with lifting, and keep me going strong the rest of the summer. I'll spend the rest of the time basically at the gym, and hopefully volunteering at a hospital, so I've got now until the end of august, with only these three weeks (and finals week) in between to stay away from drinking, sleep well, lift heavy, focus on my diet, and get that extra 20 lean pounds I want in order to be almost-decaf-sexy when I get back for the fall. lololol, maybe I'll finally squat 300 pounds by then, and I can start looking at oly lifting 'n shit.


Only have to hope that I don't need surgery on this knee. Still haven't gotten my MRI, but now it's completely random and unrelated to what kind of work/movement I've done recently as to when it decides to hurt. So there's really nothing I can do for it.

BTW Eshlow, what do you do/did you study/etc. that gives you all this ridiculous fitness knowledge? The stuff about nutrition and lifting and all, I can understand picking up over time, but when we all go to you for injuries, I wonder where this treasure chest of knowledge came from. Explain?


Doh we'll see about the knee I guess. :\

About 6 years ago I started reading a lot on the interwebz about training.... then about 2-3 years or so after that I started reading up more about nutrition..... then about 1-2 years after that I started reading up more about injuries which has led me to my current career choice in which I am in school now for physical therapy.

Basically, I've learned about 98% of what I know from the internet which means you can too if you know where to look and are willing to read up on things. :p

Used to be huge into debating stuff regarding training/nutrition/injuries but not so much anymore... but you do learn a huge amount from doing that because you actually have to research to back up your position and reconsider points if someone has better arguments/research.


That really sounds good to me; im currently in school as a biology major and i'd always intended to go into a medical career... this thread has given me quite an interest in nutrition, and anatomy/physiology type classes have always been my greatest interest. Maybe I should look into that some more.


Yeah, definitely. A&P is fun... well not fun during but you'll appreciate it more afterwards. If you want to get ahead and have the class be more fun while you take it you should start learning a lot of stuff now so it's much easier when you take it the first time.

On April 19 2011 16:36 Anabolicqt wrote:
Just finishing up my degree in kinesiology then also planning to do more school for physical therapy. Fun stuff


Where you planning to apply to?


I am applying to get my doctorate at California State University Fresno which has a joint program with California State U San Francisco.


Cool beans. I'm up at maryland baltimore
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Anabolicqt
Profile Joined March 2011
United States69 Posts
April 19 2011 20:49 GMT
#3603
On April 20 2011 05:30 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 03:50 Anabolicqt wrote:
On April 20 2011 01:17 eshlow wrote:
On April 19 2011 16:26 phyre112 wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:02 phyre112 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I've got a month left before summer, and I need to do some SERIOUS bulking. I'll probably get a gym membership if I can when I go home - there's a place in town that I think has a summer deal for college kids... But for the first threeish weeks I'm home, I'll be working daily with my dad to build a cross country course at a local high school, and I don't think it'll leave me much energy for hard lifts. If anything, I'll go light two or three times a week just to keep everything together. I'll definitely be getting a full body workout on this job. Cutting and hauling trees, moving rocks, planting grass, spreadiing wood chips, not to mention running the 5km course a hundred different times. Basically endurance work in 80 degree weather that still demands significant strength. Fuck yeah, gonna keep me from getting to exhausted with lifting, and keep me going strong the rest of the summer. I'll spend the rest of the time basically at the gym, and hopefully volunteering at a hospital, so I've got now until the end of august, with only these three weeks (and finals week) in between to stay away from drinking, sleep well, lift heavy, focus on my diet, and get that extra 20 lean pounds I want in order to be almost-decaf-sexy when I get back for the fall. lololol, maybe I'll finally squat 300 pounds by then, and I can start looking at oly lifting 'n shit.


Only have to hope that I don't need surgery on this knee. Still haven't gotten my MRI, but now it's completely random and unrelated to what kind of work/movement I've done recently as to when it decides to hurt. So there's really nothing I can do for it.

BTW Eshlow, what do you do/did you study/etc. that gives you all this ridiculous fitness knowledge? The stuff about nutrition and lifting and all, I can understand picking up over time, but when we all go to you for injuries, I wonder where this treasure chest of knowledge came from. Explain?


Doh we'll see about the knee I guess. :\

About 6 years ago I started reading a lot on the interwebz about training.... then about 2-3 years or so after that I started reading up more about nutrition..... then about 1-2 years after that I started reading up more about injuries which has led me to my current career choice in which I am in school now for physical therapy.

Basically, I've learned about 98% of what I know from the internet which means you can too if you know where to look and are willing to read up on things. :p

Used to be huge into debating stuff regarding training/nutrition/injuries but not so much anymore... but you do learn a huge amount from doing that because you actually have to research to back up your position and reconsider points if someone has better arguments/research.


That really sounds good to me; im currently in school as a biology major and i'd always intended to go into a medical career... this thread has given me quite an interest in nutrition, and anatomy/physiology type classes have always been my greatest interest. Maybe I should look into that some more.


Yeah, definitely. A&P is fun... well not fun during but you'll appreciate it more afterwards. If you want to get ahead and have the class be more fun while you take it you should start learning a lot of stuff now so it's much easier when you take it the first time.

On April 19 2011 16:36 Anabolicqt wrote:
Just finishing up my degree in kinesiology then also planning to do more school for physical therapy. Fun stuff


Where you planning to apply to?


I am applying to get my doctorate at California State University Fresno which has a joint program with California State U San Francisco.


Cool beans. I'm up at maryland baltimore


How far in are you?
Eat, Sleep, Lift......Repeat.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
April 19 2011 21:00 GMT
#3604
On April 20 2011 05:29 Sinep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 04:29 Levistus wrote:
hey guys. i never seem to get my abs sore when i squat. am i doing something wrong? or do i need to lift heavier? i try to tighten my abs when i do it.


mine never get sore from squats, or deadlift for that matter.

does anybody actually get sore abs from these exercises?


I believe heavy front squatting is one of the few exercises that can do it.

Had a quite nice bench session today. Nailed the 3 sets of 85kg x 3. Then I managed to add 5kg and +1 rep on the lighter, rep work afterwards. Getting 75kg x 7 after 70kg x 8 was pretty sweet (only got 70kg x 6 last time).

Maybe all that cheese and chicken I had last night might have had something to do with it...
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
April 19 2011 21:01 GMT
#3605
On April 20 2011 05:49 Anabolicqt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 05:30 eshlow wrote:
On April 20 2011 03:50 Anabolicqt wrote:
On April 20 2011 01:17 eshlow wrote:
On April 19 2011 16:26 phyre112 wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:02 phyre112 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I've got a month left before summer, and I need to do some SERIOUS bulking. I'll probably get a gym membership if I can when I go home - there's a place in town that I think has a summer deal for college kids... But for the first threeish weeks I'm home, I'll be working daily with my dad to build a cross country course at a local high school, and I don't think it'll leave me much energy for hard lifts. If anything, I'll go light two or three times a week just to keep everything together. I'll definitely be getting a full body workout on this job. Cutting and hauling trees, moving rocks, planting grass, spreadiing wood chips, not to mention running the 5km course a hundred different times. Basically endurance work in 80 degree weather that still demands significant strength. Fuck yeah, gonna keep me from getting to exhausted with lifting, and keep me going strong the rest of the summer. I'll spend the rest of the time basically at the gym, and hopefully volunteering at a hospital, so I've got now until the end of august, with only these three weeks (and finals week) in between to stay away from drinking, sleep well, lift heavy, focus on my diet, and get that extra 20 lean pounds I want in order to be almost-decaf-sexy when I get back for the fall. lololol, maybe I'll finally squat 300 pounds by then, and I can start looking at oly lifting 'n shit.


Only have to hope that I don't need surgery on this knee. Still haven't gotten my MRI, but now it's completely random and unrelated to what kind of work/movement I've done recently as to when it decides to hurt. So there's really nothing I can do for it.

BTW Eshlow, what do you do/did you study/etc. that gives you all this ridiculous fitness knowledge? The stuff about nutrition and lifting and all, I can understand picking up over time, but when we all go to you for injuries, I wonder where this treasure chest of knowledge came from. Explain?


Doh we'll see about the knee I guess. :\

About 6 years ago I started reading a lot on the interwebz about training.... then about 2-3 years or so after that I started reading up more about nutrition..... then about 1-2 years after that I started reading up more about injuries which has led me to my current career choice in which I am in school now for physical therapy.

Basically, I've learned about 98% of what I know from the internet which means you can too if you know where to look and are willing to read up on things. :p

Used to be huge into debating stuff regarding training/nutrition/injuries but not so much anymore... but you do learn a huge amount from doing that because you actually have to research to back up your position and reconsider points if someone has better arguments/research.


That really sounds good to me; im currently in school as a biology major and i'd always intended to go into a medical career... this thread has given me quite an interest in nutrition, and anatomy/physiology type classes have always been my greatest interest. Maybe I should look into that some more.


Yeah, definitely. A&P is fun... well not fun during but you'll appreciate it more afterwards. If you want to get ahead and have the class be more fun while you take it you should start learning a lot of stuff now so it's much easier when you take it the first time.

On April 19 2011 16:36 Anabolicqt wrote:
Just finishing up my degree in kinesiology then also planning to do more school for physical therapy. Fun stuff


Where you planning to apply to?


I am applying to get my doctorate at California State University Fresno which has a joint program with California State U San Francisco.


Cool beans. I'm up at maryland baltimore


How far in are you?


Finishing first year which means we don't know jack stil
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
April 19 2011 21:14 GMT
#3606
On April 20 2011 06:01 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 05:49 Anabolicqt wrote:
On April 20 2011 05:30 eshlow wrote:
On April 20 2011 03:50 Anabolicqt wrote:
On April 20 2011 01:17 eshlow wrote:
On April 19 2011 16:26 phyre112 wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:02 phyre112 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I've got a month left before summer, and I need to do some SERIOUS bulking. I'll probably get a gym membership if I can when I go home - there's a place in town that I think has a summer deal for college kids... But for the first threeish weeks I'm home, I'll be working daily with my dad to build a cross country course at a local high school, and I don't think it'll leave me much energy for hard lifts. If anything, I'll go light two or three times a week just to keep everything together. I'll definitely be getting a full body workout on this job. Cutting and hauling trees, moving rocks, planting grass, spreadiing wood chips, not to mention running the 5km course a hundred different times. Basically endurance work in 80 degree weather that still demands significant strength. Fuck yeah, gonna keep me from getting to exhausted with lifting, and keep me going strong the rest of the summer. I'll spend the rest of the time basically at the gym, and hopefully volunteering at a hospital, so I've got now until the end of august, with only these three weeks (and finals week) in between to stay away from drinking, sleep well, lift heavy, focus on my diet, and get that extra 20 lean pounds I want in order to be almost-decaf-sexy when I get back for the fall. lololol, maybe I'll finally squat 300 pounds by then, and I can start looking at oly lifting 'n shit.


Only have to hope that I don't need surgery on this knee. Still haven't gotten my MRI, but now it's completely random and unrelated to what kind of work/movement I've done recently as to when it decides to hurt. So there's really nothing I can do for it.

BTW Eshlow, what do you do/did you study/etc. that gives you all this ridiculous fitness knowledge? The stuff about nutrition and lifting and all, I can understand picking up over time, but when we all go to you for injuries, I wonder where this treasure chest of knowledge came from. Explain?


Doh we'll see about the knee I guess. :\

About 6 years ago I started reading a lot on the interwebz about training.... then about 2-3 years or so after that I started reading up more about nutrition..... then about 1-2 years after that I started reading up more about injuries which has led me to my current career choice in which I am in school now for physical therapy.

Basically, I've learned about 98% of what I know from the internet which means you can too if you know where to look and are willing to read up on things. :p

Used to be huge into debating stuff regarding training/nutrition/injuries but not so much anymore... but you do learn a huge amount from doing that because you actually have to research to back up your position and reconsider points if someone has better arguments/research.


That really sounds good to me; im currently in school as a biology major and i'd always intended to go into a medical career... this thread has given me quite an interest in nutrition, and anatomy/physiology type classes have always been my greatest interest. Maybe I should look into that some more.


Yeah, definitely. A&P is fun... well not fun during but you'll appreciate it more afterwards. If you want to get ahead and have the class be more fun while you take it you should start learning a lot of stuff now so it's much easier when you take it the first time.

On April 19 2011 16:36 Anabolicqt wrote:
Just finishing up my degree in kinesiology then also planning to do more school for physical therapy. Fun stuff


Where you planning to apply to?


I am applying to get my doctorate at California State University Fresno which has a joint program with California State U San Francisco.


Cool beans. I'm up at maryland baltimore


How far in are you?


Finishing first year which means we don't know jack stil


Tell me about it. Only thing I've learn whole year from med school is that I know nothing.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 19 2011 22:05 GMT
#3607
On April 19 2011 14:35 thedeadhaji wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2011 14:27 Froadac wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:19 thedeadhaji wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:14 Froadac wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:03 thedeadhaji wrote:
On April 19 2011 13:26 Froadac wrote:
QQ, my low level fitness is insignificant in comparison to your awesome skills


Dude I was a chubby lil' kid in college. Just ask hotbid who saw me at the peak of my fattiness in 2007 lololol.

I'm just a tiny lil kid >.>


I was prolly like 22-24% bf

I'm prolly like 5% >.>


Dude I'm jealous. You're going to be ripped in 3 months.

Musclemass is so shitty though >.>
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
April 19 2011 22:14 GMT
#3608
Chug some milk then :D
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 22:21:06
April 19 2011 22:20 GMT
#3609
I'm already in a couple "physiology" classes and I love them, Don't understand what you mean about them only being enjoyable after the fact =k. Sure it's challenging, but it's actually interesting, especially when contrasted with yeast or fruit flies. I have yet to take anything that's actually anatomy based, I start that next semester. This is my subject of interest, so it's what I was focusing my biology major on regardless. I've been playing around with the idea of an exercise science minor; I'm only ~9 credits short on it, and it's the most relevant thing we have here =p.

I'm also spending time with a couple family friends who are PT's this summer, just to see how I feel about it. And yeah, I was planning to order my A&P textbook at the beginning of the summer, and starting now because I hear from people who have already taken it that the professor is miserable.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
April 19 2011 22:32 GMT
#3610
On April 20 2011 06:14 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 06:01 eshlow wrote:
On April 20 2011 05:49 Anabolicqt wrote:
On April 20 2011 05:30 eshlow wrote:
On April 20 2011 03:50 Anabolicqt wrote:
On April 20 2011 01:17 eshlow wrote:
On April 19 2011 16:26 phyre112 wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:02 phyre112 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I've got a month left before summer, and I need to do some SERIOUS bulking. I'll probably get a gym membership if I can when I go home - there's a place in town that I think has a summer deal for college kids... But for the first threeish weeks I'm home, I'll be working daily with my dad to build a cross country course at a local high school, and I don't think it'll leave me much energy for hard lifts. If anything, I'll go light two or three times a week just to keep everything together. I'll definitely be getting a full body workout on this job. Cutting and hauling trees, moving rocks, planting grass, spreadiing wood chips, not to mention running the 5km course a hundred different times. Basically endurance work in 80 degree weather that still demands significant strength. Fuck yeah, gonna keep me from getting to exhausted with lifting, and keep me going strong the rest of the summer. I'll spend the rest of the time basically at the gym, and hopefully volunteering at a hospital, so I've got now until the end of august, with only these three weeks (and finals week) in between to stay away from drinking, sleep well, lift heavy, focus on my diet, and get that extra 20 lean pounds I want in order to be almost-decaf-sexy when I get back for the fall. lololol, maybe I'll finally squat 300 pounds by then, and I can start looking at oly lifting 'n shit.


Only have to hope that I don't need surgery on this knee. Still haven't gotten my MRI, but now it's completely random and unrelated to what kind of work/movement I've done recently as to when it decides to hurt. So there's really nothing I can do for it.

BTW Eshlow, what do you do/did you study/etc. that gives you all this ridiculous fitness knowledge? The stuff about nutrition and lifting and all, I can understand picking up over time, but when we all go to you for injuries, I wonder where this treasure chest of knowledge came from. Explain?


Doh we'll see about the knee I guess. :\

About 6 years ago I started reading a lot on the interwebz about training.... then about 2-3 years or so after that I started reading up more about nutrition..... then about 1-2 years after that I started reading up more about injuries which has led me to my current career choice in which I am in school now for physical therapy.

Basically, I've learned about 98% of what I know from the internet which means you can too if you know where to look and are willing to read up on things. :p

Used to be huge into debating stuff regarding training/nutrition/injuries but not so much anymore... but you do learn a huge amount from doing that because you actually have to research to back up your position and reconsider points if someone has better arguments/research.


That really sounds good to me; im currently in school as a biology major and i'd always intended to go into a medical career... this thread has given me quite an interest in nutrition, and anatomy/physiology type classes have always been my greatest interest. Maybe I should look into that some more.


Yeah, definitely. A&P is fun... well not fun during but you'll appreciate it more afterwards. If you want to get ahead and have the class be more fun while you take it you should start learning a lot of stuff now so it's much easier when you take it the first time.

On April 19 2011 16:36 Anabolicqt wrote:
Just finishing up my degree in kinesiology then also planning to do more school for physical therapy. Fun stuff


Where you planning to apply to?


I am applying to get my doctorate at California State University Fresno which has a joint program with California State U San Francisco.


Cool beans. I'm up at maryland baltimore


How far in are you?


Finishing first year which means we don't know jack stil


Tell me about it. Only thing I've learn whole year from med school is that I know nothing.


well, i actually know a decent amount of stuff cause i talk to people all the time and read like with you guys :p

but yeah basically you dont know jack squat until you actually begin working with patients because that's what everything comes down to anyway and books don't prepare for that
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
April 19 2011 22:32 GMT
#3611
Went for a quick workout today...still recovering from last weekend apparently. and from last night now that i think about it.
squats 3x5 @ 315, 2x2 @ 365 (wtf i dont remember last time i couldnt smash a triple at 365 np)
clean grip OHS 5x 135,135,135,155,175 (holy shit these are hard)
chin ups 2xfailure

On April 20 2011 07:05 Froadac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2011 14:35 thedeadhaji wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:27 Froadac wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:19 thedeadhaji wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:14 Froadac wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:03 thedeadhaji wrote:
On April 19 2011 13:26 Froadac wrote:
QQ, my low level fitness is insignificant in comparison to your awesome skills


Dude I was a chubby lil' kid in college. Just ask hotbid who saw me at the peak of my fattiness in 2007 lololol.

I'm just a tiny lil kid >.>


I was prolly like 22-24% bf

I'm prolly like 5% >.>


Dude I'm jealous. You're going to be ripped in 3 months.

Musclemass is so shitty though >.>


Dude you could bulk sooooooo hard and come out looking better than people who cut for months do lol. whole milk gogogogo

how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Maxwell3
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States88 Posts
April 19 2011 22:37 GMT
#3612
Can anyone please explain to me how madcows 5x5 is done?
I'm in love with a girl named bara bell
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 19 2011 22:41 GMT
#3613
On April 20 2011 07:32 decafchicken wrote:
Went for a quick workout today...still recovering from last weekend apparently. and from last night now that i think about it.
squats 3x5 @ 315, 2x2 @ 365 (wtf i dont remember last time i couldnt smash a triple at 365 np)
clean grip OHS 5x 135,135,135,155,175 (holy shit these are hard)
chin ups 2xfailure

Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 07:05 Froadac wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:35 thedeadhaji wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:27 Froadac wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:19 thedeadhaji wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:14 Froadac wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:03 thedeadhaji wrote:
On April 19 2011 13:26 Froadac wrote:
QQ, my low level fitness is insignificant in comparison to your awesome skills


Dude I was a chubby lil' kid in college. Just ask hotbid who saw me at the peak of my fattiness in 2007 lololol.

I'm just a tiny lil kid >.>


I was prolly like 22-24% bf

I'm prolly like 5% >.>


Dude I'm jealous. You're going to be ripped in 3 months.

Musclemass is so shitty though >.>


Dude you could bulk sooooooo hard and come out looking better than people who cut for months do lol. whole milk gogogogo


But I don't do shit exercise. >.> Halp me get started
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 22:47:33
April 19 2011 22:45 GMT
#3614
On April 20 2011 07:41 Froadac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 07:32 decafchicken wrote:
Went for a quick workout today...still recovering from last weekend apparently. and from last night now that i think about it.
squats 3x5 @ 315, 2x2 @ 365 (wtf i dont remember last time i couldnt smash a triple at 365 np)
clean grip OHS 5x 135,135,135,155,175 (holy shit these are hard)
chin ups 2xfailure

On April 20 2011 07:05 Froadac wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:35 thedeadhaji wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:27 Froadac wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:19 thedeadhaji wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:14 Froadac wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:03 thedeadhaji wrote:
On April 19 2011 13:26 Froadac wrote:
QQ, my low level fitness is insignificant in comparison to your awesome skills


Dude I was a chubby lil' kid in college. Just ask hotbid who saw me at the peak of my fattiness in 2007 lololol.

I'm just a tiny lil kid >.>


I was prolly like 22-24% bf

I'm prolly like 5% >.>


Dude I'm jealous. You're going to be ripped in 3 months.

Musclemass is so shitty though >.>


Dude you could bulk sooooooo hard and come out looking better than people who cut for months do lol. whole milk gogogogo


But I don't do shit exercise. >.> Halp me get started


I quote the OP:
1. Weights for the beginner

If you are new to working out and your goal is muscle mass and strength, Starting Strength is one of the best routines you can do. I would strongly suggest purchasing the book because it has at least 40-50 pages on squat technique alone along with the other technical aspects of the lifts that will help you make optimal progress. The writeup, however, is online in the link below.

>> Buy Starting Strength -- great on basic lifting technique & gaining mass and strength.
>> Starting Strength wiki
>> Starting Strength 2nd edition PDF
>> Why you do SS -- the novice effect

The Stronglifts 5x5 program is a classic alternative to Starting Strength if desired. Another helpful writeup on this program.

This and loooooooooooads of food and sleep.

EDIT

@eshlow: reminds me if this study I found...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2633336/

Key notes being that the ketosis control group had no calorie restrictions and 95% of them could elimintate/reduce diabetic medications. Quite astonishing really.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Maxwell3
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States88 Posts
April 19 2011 22:47 GMT
#3615
On April 20 2011 07:37 Maxwell3 wrote:
Can anyone please explain to me how madcows 5x5 is done?

I'm in love with a girl named bara bell
nataziel
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Australia1455 Posts
April 19 2011 22:57 GMT
#3616
You requoted your post 10 minutes after you made it? Have some patience dude, this isn't 4chan.
u gotta sk8
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
April 19 2011 22:59 GMT
#3617
On April 20 2011 07:45 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 07:41 Froadac wrote:
On April 20 2011 07:32 decafchicken wrote:
Went for a quick workout today...still recovering from last weekend apparently. and from last night now that i think about it.
squats 3x5 @ 315, 2x2 @ 365 (wtf i dont remember last time i couldnt smash a triple at 365 np)
clean grip OHS 5x 135,135,135,155,175 (holy shit these are hard)
chin ups 2xfailure

On April 20 2011 07:05 Froadac wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:35 thedeadhaji wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:27 Froadac wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:19 thedeadhaji wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:14 Froadac wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:03 thedeadhaji wrote:
On April 19 2011 13:26 Froadac wrote:
QQ, my low level fitness is insignificant in comparison to your awesome skills


Dude I was a chubby lil' kid in college. Just ask hotbid who saw me at the peak of my fattiness in 2007 lololol.

I'm just a tiny lil kid >.>


I was prolly like 22-24% bf

I'm prolly like 5% >.>


Dude I'm jealous. You're going to be ripped in 3 months.

Musclemass is so shitty though >.>


Dude you could bulk sooooooo hard and come out looking better than people who cut for months do lol. whole milk gogogogo


But I don't do shit exercise. >.> Halp me get started


I quote the OP:
Show nested quote +
1. Weights for the beginner

If you are new to working out and your goal is muscle mass and strength, Starting Strength is one of the best routines you can do. I would strongly suggest purchasing the book because it has at least 40-50 pages on squat technique alone along with the other technical aspects of the lifts that will help you make optimal progress. The writeup, however, is online in the link below.

>> Buy Starting Strength -- great on basic lifting technique & gaining mass and strength.
>> Starting Strength wiki
>> Starting Strength 2nd edition PDF
>> Why you do SS -- the novice effect

The Stronglifts 5x5 program is a classic alternative to Starting Strength if desired. Another helpful writeup on this program.

This and loooooooooooads of food and sleep.

EDIT

@eshlow: reminds me if this study I found...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2633336/

Key notes being that the ketosis control group had no calorie restrictions and 95% of them could elimintate/reduce diabetic medications. Quite astonishing really.


Yeah, apparently those artery clogging fats improve cardiovascular markers...

On April 20 2011 07:37 Maxwell3 wrote:
Can anyone please explain to me how madcows 5x5 is done?


http://stronglifts.com/madcow/table_of_contents_thread.htm#PART I: The Program

Honestly, though, if you're asking you probably want to be doing Starting Strength instead...
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Maxwell3
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States88 Posts
April 19 2011 23:01 GMT
#3618
On April 20 2011 07:59 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 07:45 sJarl wrote:
On April 20 2011 07:41 Froadac wrote:
On April 20 2011 07:32 decafchicken wrote:
Went for a quick workout today...still recovering from last weekend apparently. and from last night now that i think about it.
squats 3x5 @ 315, 2x2 @ 365 (wtf i dont remember last time i couldnt smash a triple at 365 np)
clean grip OHS 5x 135,135,135,155,175 (holy shit these are hard)
chin ups 2xfailure

On April 20 2011 07:05 Froadac wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:35 thedeadhaji wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:27 Froadac wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:19 thedeadhaji wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:14 Froadac wrote:
On April 19 2011 14:03 thedeadhaji wrote:
[quote]

Dude I was a chubby lil' kid in college. Just ask hotbid who saw me at the peak of my fattiness in 2007 lololol.

I'm just a tiny lil kid >.>


I was prolly like 22-24% bf

I'm prolly like 5% >.>


Dude I'm jealous. You're going to be ripped in 3 months.

Musclemass is so shitty though >.>


Dude you could bulk sooooooo hard and come out looking better than people who cut for months do lol. whole milk gogogogo


But I don't do shit exercise. >.> Halp me get started


I quote the OP:
1. Weights for the beginner

If you are new to working out and your goal is muscle mass and strength, Starting Strength is one of the best routines you can do. I would strongly suggest purchasing the book because it has at least 40-50 pages on squat technique alone along with the other technical aspects of the lifts that will help you make optimal progress. The writeup, however, is online in the link below.

>> Buy Starting Strength -- great on basic lifting technique & gaining mass and strength.
>> Starting Strength wiki
>> Starting Strength 2nd edition PDF
>> Why you do SS -- the novice effect

The Stronglifts 5x5 program is a classic alternative to Starting Strength if desired. Another helpful writeup on this program.

This and loooooooooooads of food and sleep.

EDIT

@eshlow: reminds me if this study I found...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2633336/

Key notes being that the ketosis control group had no calorie restrictions and 95% of them could elimintate/reduce diabetic medications. Quite astonishing really.


Yeah, apparently those artery clogging fats improve cardiovascular markers...

Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 07:37 Maxwell3 wrote:
Can anyone please explain to me how madcows 5x5 is done?


http://stronglifts.com/madcow/table_of_contents_thread.htm#PART I: The Program

Honestly, though, if you're asking you probably want to be doing Starting Strength instead...


I think I'm done with SS. I got a 2 plate bench, 2 plate +35's squat, and 4 plate DL.

I heard madcows is the best thing to do next, so I just wanted to try it out for 2 months or so to see where it takes me.
I'm in love with a girl named bara bell
Maxwell3
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States88 Posts
April 19 2011 23:09 GMT
#3619
I don't understand "First 3 sets are the same as Monday, the 4th set is repeating the 3rd set again." Anyone care to explain?
I'm in love with a girl named bara bell
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
April 19 2011 23:13 GMT
#3620
On April 20 2011 08:09 Maxwell3 wrote:
I don't understand "First 3 sets are the same as Monday, the 4th set is repeating the 3rd set again." Anyone care to explain?


Say on monday your squt looks like this:
5x 100,200,300,400,500

So then on wednesday your would look like this
5x 100,200,300,300

Of course theses #s are random and your sets shouldnt look like that.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Prev 1 179 180 181 182 183 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1446
TKL 478
IndyStarCraft 292
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1446
TKL 466
IndyStarCraft 292
EmSc Tv 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23664
Calm 2286
Shuttle 355
Mini 168
White-Ra 147
ZZZero.O 107
firebathero 77
scan(afreeca) 19
soO 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc11484
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1387
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4251
Liquid`Hasu565
MindelVK27
Other Games
summit1g5910
Liquid`RaSZi2259
fl0m1635
FrodaN1407
B2W.Neo745
olofmeister654
Khaldor478
Beastyqt342
Livibee185
crisheroes133
Pyrionflax108
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick771
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft 2
angryscii 20
EmSc Tv 10
EmSc2Tv 10
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 26
• Adnapsc2 12
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach43
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• blackmanpl 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1290
• Shiphtur691
• WagamamaTV332
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 18m
Replay Cast
3h 18m
OSC
16h 18m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.