• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:39
CEST 06:39
KST 13:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9160 users

Simplifi is hiring - work from home - Page 4

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
jacson1253
Profile Joined December 2011
United States8 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 16:58:25
June 18 2013 16:39 GMT
#61
Rimstalker:

Sent a email back to Matthias giving dates to complete tasks. Have not received anything back. Are they sending them out tomorrow?
Posted on Tuesday 18th 12:39PM
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 18:05:51
June 18 2013 18:03 GMT
#62
On June 19 2013 01:39 jacson1253 wrote:
Rimstalker:

Sent a email back to Matthias giving dates to complete tasks. Have not received anything back. Are they sending them out tomorrow?
Posted on Tuesday 18th 12:39PM


They? It's only me, and my inbox with 400 emails to go through coming back from Spain today at noon.

edit: If you are one of the 15 I asked for a time and date, don't sweat it, all of you will get a shot. It also helps - if you PM me - to include your name.
Here be Dragons
AFKing
Profile Joined January 2013
128 Posts
June 18 2013 21:16 GMT
#63
If we haven't received any sort of response at this point, are we to just assume we're not under consideration?
mbsupermario
Profile Joined July 2010
United States101 Posts
June 18 2013 22:07 GMT
#64
Wish I'd have seen this sooner
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-19 09:31:04
June 19 2013 09:18 GMT
#65
On June 19 2013 06:16 AFKing wrote:
If we haven't received any sort of response at this point, are we to just assume we're not under consideration?


yes. this thing turned into an unbelievable timesink. at the moment, my plan was the following:

- point out the things that took people out of the race instantly (stuff like spelling errors in your CV, sending me CVs that were 'shared', but I couldn't access)
- give pointers as to what I was looking for in CVs and cover letters
- possibly give a heads up to the people that are in my list of 'would do in the 2nd round, if there is one'
- once I have run my 15 people through my task, I'd post the files and instructions online, so that people can try to do it if they wish to

edit: if people prefer a quick 'no' via email, I can do that as well, but I would assume that after my writeup (I promise to do it tomorrow at the latest), it should be fairly clear why I didn't reach out.
Here be Dragons
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
June 20 2013 14:44 GMT
#66
reasons for not even entering the race, this applied to about 20 people:

- mailing me your CV from your current work account, with your work signature, and your employer's boilerplate beneath
- mistakes in your cover letter. Either spelling or grammar. Funnily enough, I never saw anyone who had only one mistake, the people I took out all had two or more. Most common mistake for people from Central Europe: Indefinite articles.
- mistakes in your CV. Proofread that thing, have someone else proofread it for you. Proofread it again. (To the guy who interviewed pilots: 'complied'. 'compiled')
- sending me links to shared documents on google drive that weren't shared with me
- going off on wild tangents in your cover letter about the importance of marketing and strong communication and sales skills. I need Rambo style solitary fighters with borderline autistic traits. We already have our share of crazy sales people that promise the moon to clients .
Here be Dragons
Wubbles
Profile Joined May 2010
United States120 Posts
June 20 2013 23:39 GMT
#67
Reasons to not work here:

On June 20 2013 23:44 Rimstalker wrote:
I need Rambo style solitary fighters with borderline autistic traits


Unprofessionalism


d_so
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)3262 Posts
June 21 2013 00:13 GMT
#68
On June 21 2013 08:39 Wubbles wrote:
Reasons to not work here:

Show nested quote +
On June 20 2013 23:44 Rimstalker wrote:
I need Rambo style solitary fighters with borderline autistic traits


Unprofessionalism




don't hate yo.

It's realllllly hard to get feedback from prospective employers as to why you weren't selected.

Even if what he gave was a slightly snide remark or whatnot, it's better than the deafening silence that usually occurs. For example, I interviewed 3 rounds with NCSOFT just last month -- and then never heard back. They didn't even have the courtesy to say I wasn't selected -_-
manner
Wubbles
Profile Joined May 2010
United States120 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 01:29:17
June 21 2013 01:15 GMT
#69
On June 21 2013 09:13 d_so wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2013 08:39 Wubbles wrote:
Reasons to not work here:

On June 20 2013 23:44 Rimstalker wrote:
I need Rambo style solitary fighters with borderline autistic traits


Unprofessionalism




don't hate yo.

It's realllllly hard to get feedback from prospective employers as to why you weren't selected.

Even if what he gave was a slightly snide remark or whatnot, it's better than the deafening silence that usually occurs.


Well there's a big difference between providing constructive criticism in a professional manner, and speaking like this guy does. I personally didn't apply to work here (I already have a full time job), but to the people who did and got rejected, you should feel relieved that you dodged a bullet working for a guy who refers to his colleagues as people with "borderline autistic traits." You would think someone who is recruiting for their company would present himself as a mature, well spoken, respectful individual, and represent them well.

It's one thing if you're having an off the record, casual/laid back conversation with some buddies or a random dude, but when you're supposed to be representing your company and looking for potential employees, you should at least have some level of etiquette.
jacson1253
Profile Joined December 2011
United States8 Posts
June 21 2013 05:12 GMT
#70
On June 20 2013 23:44 Rimstalker wrote:
reasons for not even entering the race, this applied to about 20 people:

- mailing me your CV from your current work account, with your work signature, and your employer's boilerplate beneath
- mistakes in your cover letter. Either spelling or grammar. Funnily enough, I never saw anyone who had only one mistake, the people I took out all had two or more. Most common mistake for people from Central Europe: Indefinite articles.
- mistakes in your CV. Proofread that thing, have someone else proofread it for you. Proofread it again. (To the guy who interviewed pilots: 'complied'. 'compiled')
- sending me links to shared documents on google drive that weren't shared with me
- going off on wild tangents in your cover letter about the importance of marketing and strong communication and sales skills. I need Rambo style solitary fighters with borderline autistic traits. We already have our share of crazy sales people that promise the moon to clients .



U can't hate on the guy for being honest. I took the "Test" and I can see why he is looking for these "Traits". I do not really enjoy being considered " Rambo style solitary fighters with borderline autistic" however since my return from Iraq I do keep to myself, I spend about 80 percent of my time at home. Having said that I still do want the job, its really hard going to school full time and trying to support a family. Again thank you for the honesty, most people are not really honest with you unless they feel like they are going to die very soon. Hearing it from first hand experience, it's just very refreshing.

I do not mean to insult anyone, just one mans opinion.
Infantry Leads The Way
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
June 21 2013 14:48 GMT
#71
there was slight hyperbole in that rambo statement.

maybe not 100% finished and thought out yet, but something at least:

At first some information about my selection process: I have collected input from various sources on the matter. Basically anyone I know who is involved in hiring and who was willing to talk. Starting with the manager of a drugstore who has about 30 employees, then someone who has been an internet entrepreneur, project lead for a couple of million dollars project and founder of two startups (both succeeded) and lastly to someone who has a degree in psychology and was head of HR for the lottery in one of Germany's states for many years.

What I have taken from those exchanges, and what I have learnt from the job interviews I conducted myself already:

- to trust my gut feeling
- you need to stick out of the crowd. 'I'm a masters player' does not make you stick out. It is duly noted and taken into consideration, but nothing more. 'I planted 250 000 pineapples by hand' is something I have used, and it was actually the interview that got me the foot into the door of freelancing and contract work and startup culture.
- KISS principle for the cover letter. I'm short on time. If I have to re-read a sentence that runs for five lines three times to understand it, you failed, not me. Sentences like that also give you A LOT more rope to hang yourself with grammatically.
- any technical skill you put in your resume that is relevant for the job, I will ask you about, and I will give you small practical tasks for those.
- if you put 'expert' into your CV on something, I will ask an 'expert' question about the topic.

What I was looking for in the cover letters and CVs:

- strong 'motivations' or 'causes'.
- self-study
- diverse experiences
- freelancing or online advertising experience
Here be Dragons
peacenl
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
550 Posts
June 25 2013 12:47 GMT
#72
The only difference is that Rimstalker is being honest about why you were not hired, don't blame him for that. Because on the other side of the spectrum there is the employer that just says: "Sorry you didn't make it, because {insert default reason, which makes no sense or doesn't help you one bit to improve}". And talking about him being unethical? Come on... welcome to the world of business, where large groups of the population sell things that other people don't need, people get fired because they are too old or sick and people that deserve a job lose or can't get one every single day.
- One does not simply walk into a bar and start calling the shots.
- Failure doesn't mean you are a failure it just means you haven't succeeded yet.
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
July 02 2013 14:33 GMT
#73
just to give an update here:

Matteo and Gert have started working, the latter one as an intern for the time being. Rob will start training soon and will start working more once his summer roadtrip is finished. Phillip should start this week. An offer for employment was made to Jackson, but it looks a bit like he chickened out. I'm still undecided about three candidates, Scott, Maxwell and Patrick.
Here be Dragons
SFHyper
Profile Joined July 2013
United Kingdom45 Posts
July 10 2013 09:13 GMT
#74
I would be interested in this too, I have dropped you an email. Sounds like a great opportunity!
gkewaomaeo
Profile Joined August 2013
Canada3 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 04:28:53
August 02 2013 04:26 GMT
#75
-- Nuked --
Pirfiktshon
Profile Joined June 2013
United States1072 Posts
August 07 2013 14:42 GMT
#76
Is this recruitment still going on?
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 159
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2115
Snow 110
NaDa 38
Bale 30
Noble 13
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm192
Counter-Strike
taco 517
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1459
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1125
WinterStarcraft629
Other Games
summit1g8060
JimRising 638
PiGStarcraft297
ArmadaUGS176
C9.Mang0165
Maynarde139
Sick102
ViBE76
Livibee3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick677
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream151
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki145
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota280
League of Legends
• Lourlo1235
• Rush989
• Stunt323
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 21m
OSC
8h 21m
Stellar Fest
8h 21m
OSC
19h 21m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.