• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:58
CEST 23:58
KST 06:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9274 users

Simplifi is hiring - work from home - Page 2

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
napo
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Romania622 Posts
June 11 2013 06:39 GMT
#21
Wow, this sounds awesome. Would definitely apply, but I just signed a contract.
Though we strike at you from the shadows, do not think that we lack the courage to stand in the light.
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-11 09:21:06
June 11 2013 08:01 GMT
#22
On June 11 2013 11:30 Zethiel wrote:
Have you guys considered hiring people through oDesk? I work through oDesk and would be interested on working with you guys in a near future. Let me know if you would be willing to work through oDesk with an hourly contract


we have looked into mechanical Turk in the past, but it didn't really meet our needs. What would be the big advantage for us to use oDesk? The feedback from other guys running projects?

On June 11 2013 07:39 Exil wrote:
Are You interested in someone from Poland, that will end his Law studies in about 3 weeks?


we don't discriminate against Central Europeans, however, as with all non-native speakers applying, we will be looking at your level of English very closely.

On June 11 2013 13:32 Starcraft 2 wrote:
It looks interesting, but can you expand on what the job actually entails?

Especially "run reports, change parameters to make campaigns meet the campaign goals" and "expand targeting to spend the budgets in full".


We have a campaign that is advertising for a retirement home in Baxter, Minnesota. The daily budget is 10 dollars. Currently the campaign is set up to target people that have searched on a list of about 2300 related keywords within the last 7 days, and their IP addresses resolve to the following locations:
Minnesota > Baxter
Minnesota > Brainerd
Minnesota > Crosby
Minnesota > Merrifield
Minnesota > Nisswa
Minnesota > Pequot Lakes
Minnesota > Pillager
Ads are displayed up to 3 times in a 12 hour window to them, and we are blocking around 600 domains where we don't want to serve ads on for this campaign.
The client put a click-through-rate goal into our UI of .2, we are currently far from achieving that.
We have about 10 different types of reports available through our UI (hourly, adposition, by exchange, domain, keyword, etc.), and about 30 more through our special reporting engine. The 'factors' from the latter can even be combined (query for geo-information, combined with contextual, timestamp, grouped by browsertype), but that is usually not necessary.

Based on these reports, you edit the campaign to get the click-through-rate closer to that .2 goal. One example would be to remove the keyword 'obits', since it was spending a good portion of the budget without seeing any clicks, or noticing that no clicks are occurring between 3 and 6 am and not serving ads there during that time period.

On June 11 2013 13:22 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2013 06:21 Rimstalker wrote:
On June 11 2013 05:30 Flowne wrote:
I'm 17 years old and I meet the minimal requirements. Worth giving it a shot or are you guys looking for more 'mature' employees?


I have to check with our personnel guy if 'not an adult yet' excludes you from working for us.

If you can make a compelling argument for just how motivated you are and ace the interview and the task, I don't have a problem with you being young.

Yep I'll be 18 in two months, should I apply now if I'm interested or wait?


I asked yesterday, our CEO didn't know, but said he'd find out. If you are that close to 18, I wouldn't keep you out of this round of interviews however.
Here be Dragons
Chrono000
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Korea (South)358 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-11 11:44:52
June 11 2013 11:44 GMT
#23
Hi Rimstalker,

I'm curious why are you targeting gamers for the job wouldnt you get overwhelming amounts of people from simply advertising on other job-search site?

to me this job would be perfect next year because ill be overseas and need remote work. I'm a graphic designer mostly working in advertising.

is it possible for you to predict position availability next year?

cheers ahead if u have time to respond.
EmcDreams
Profile Joined August 2011
Austria6 Posts
June 11 2013 11:52 GMT
#24
Hey Rimstalker,

I was thinking about applying, but I am wondering if my english is on a high enough level.
What kind of niveau is required to be considered? I have the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE). Is that enough or are you in need of poeple with better english than that?

Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-11 12:30:35
June 11 2013 12:28 GMT
#25
On June 11 2013 20:44 Chrono000 wrote:
Hi Rimstalker,

I'm curious why are you targeting gamers for the job wouldnt you get overwhelming amounts of people from simply advertising on other job-search site?

to me this job would be perfect next year because ill be overseas and need remote work. I'm a graphic designer mostly working in advertising.

is it possible for you to predict position availability next year?

cheers ahead if u have time to respond.


I have used the TL workforce before, and was very happy with the result. We have advertised in other places, but I think a forum thread allows for a lot more interaction, and the reach is totally different than what we would be getting on any of the big job sites.

Simplifi is actually quite engaged in getting new staff, we are hosting some developer meetups in the Dallas Ft Worth metroplex (our new office building will have space for 150 or so people for such activities) and are talking to universities in the areas to get some mba-types as interns among other things.

about future hiring: Since October, the number of active campaigns in our system has grown by about 120%, if that is any indicator

On June 11 2013 20:52 EmcDreams wrote:
Hey Rimstalker,

I was thinking about applying, but I am wondering if my english is on a high enough level.
What kind of niveau is required to be considered? I have the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE). Is that enough or are you in need of poeple with better english than that?



What grade did you get? I'm also considering to hand out the tasks before I do Skype calls, as the bigger task I usually use is very selective on peoples' English abilities.
If I had to put a criterium into words, I'd probably say something along the lines of 'if processing the language slows you down in your work, it's not fluent enough'.
Here be Dragons
EmcDreams
Profile Joined August 2011
Austria6 Posts
June 11 2013 13:23 GMT
#26
On June 11 2013 21:28 Rimstalker wrote:

What grade did you get? I'm also considering to hand out the tasks before I do Skype calls, as the bigger task I usually use is very selective on peoples' English abilities.
If I had to put a criterium into words, I'd probably say something along the lines of 'if processing the language slows you down in your work, it's not fluent enough'.


Well, I actually took the First Certificate in English which is B2 level, but since i was awarded the Grade A on that my Certificate was "upgraded" to C1 level.

I think handing out the task before doing anything else might be a good idea, since understanding the task is the basic requirement and if that is not a given anything else is a bit pointless IMO.
Chrono000
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Korea (South)358 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-11 14:21:11
June 11 2013 14:20 GMT
#27
I'll save all the details and contact somebody in the future and take a chance then.

Hope you guys keep growing.
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
June 11 2013 14:30 GMT
#28
On June 11 2013 22:23 EmcDreams wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2013 21:28 Rimstalker wrote:

What grade did you get? I'm also considering to hand out the tasks before I do Skype calls, as the bigger task I usually use is very selective on peoples' English abilities.
If I had to put a criterium into words, I'd probably say something along the lines of 'if processing the language slows you down in your work, it's not fluent enough'.


Well, I actually took the First Certificate in English which is B2 level, but since i was awarded the Grade A on that my Certificate was "upgraded" to C1 level.

I think handing out the task before doing anything else might be a good idea, since understanding the task is the basic requirement and if that is not a given anything else is a bit pointless IMO.


Understanding the task is not the problem, I can phrase it in a couple of words in plain English:

"Sort this into words related to some_topic and not related"

or

"Select/extract the words relevant to topic_x"
Here be Dragons
Qyntius
Profile Joined June 2013
Netherlands1 Post
June 11 2013 23:27 GMT
#29
I'm a dutch student who's studying in American TX at the moment for at least another year. I'm not allowed to work in America because I only have a student visa. Will this be a problem or will I be registrered as if I would be working from the Netherlands, since this is home based anyway?
sullysc2
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1 Post
June 12 2013 01:04 GMT
#30
Looks like an intriguing opportunity which seems right up my alley. I will definitely be sending you an email tomorrow!

URHyDrew
Profile Joined June 2013
United States3 Posts
June 12 2013 02:07 GMT
#31
I had one question. Are you looking for CVs specifically? I have a resume but I dont have any published work or educational experience (past high school). I'm 17 and will be turning 18 in 3 months
"Teenagers scare, the living shit out of me" - Gerard Way
Dubzex
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6994 Posts
June 12 2013 03:29 GMT
#32
Do I get a job if I beat you in planets?
"DONT UNDERESTIMATE MY CARRY OR YOU WILL BE CARRIED INTO THE ABYSS OF SUFFERING" - Tyler 'TC' Cook
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
June 12 2013 08:10 GMT
#33
On June 12 2013 08:27 Qyntius wrote:
I'm a dutch student who's studying in American TX at the moment for at least another year. I'm not allowed to work in America because I only have a student visa. Will this be a problem or will I be registrered as if I would be working from the Netherlands, since this is home based anyway?


Simplifi will not employ you if it's illegal to do so. However, I would suggest that you check what your visa actually states, and also Dutch regulations, since Freelancing/Contractors have some special rules usually attached.

On June 12 2013 11:07 URHyDrew wrote:
I had one question. Are you looking for CVs specifically? I have a resume but I dont have any published work or educational experience (past high school). I'm 17 and will be turning 18 in 3 months


I have stated this before: I wouldn't even know what the difference is between a CV and a resume.

On June 12 2013 12:29 Dubzex wrote:
Do I get a job if I beat you in planets?


You are in teafoo's game with me? Unless you are teafoo, or maybe the Lizards, I don't see that happen.
However, since you asked: If we set up a 1 on 1 game specifically as a match for a job, and you beat me: yes.
Here be Dragons
GertHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States631 Posts
June 12 2013 15:03 GMT
#34
Since this is a contract job, I'd guess there is no overtime awarded? But would we be allowed to work over 40 hours a week if possible? Even at base pay of $15?
He who conquers the past rules the future, He who conquers the future rules the past. - C&C Red Alert
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
June 12 2013 15:43 GMT
#35
On June 13 2013 00:03 GertHeart wrote:
Since this is a contract job, I'd guess there is no overtime awarded? But would we be allowed to work over 40 hours a week if possible? Even at base pay of $15?


We don't impose any maximum hours on our contractors. If you can deliver quality work, 100 hours a week, we will let you work that, with the occasional suggestion to get out to catch some fresh air. The only limitation at the beginning will be that you would probably need someone from our team online to ask questions if any come up, but that is usually the case for about 18 hours per day.

We have very straightforward ways of measuring how active you are, our UI also draws some graphs that show the direction a campaign or a group of campaigns is taking, plus we run a bunch of automated reports and get feedback from our sales team and customer service of course.

Here be Dragons
Kyuhyuck
Profile Joined April 2013
Korea (South)40 Posts
June 12 2013 17:51 GMT
#36
So you have to be 18 to work no exceptions?
You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief you can't have it.
loft
Profile Joined July 2009
United States344 Posts
June 12 2013 18:16 GMT
#37
They are going to 1099 you. Meaning you file 1099 form for taxes.
Normally a company pays a portion of your tax (social security etc) and u file a 1040.

1099 means that you have to pay all taxes including self-employment tax.
If you make your own company, pay yourself, and file as s-corp you can save some money. (this takes time and if done wrong could cost you money/time)

In the end expect to make around half of the hourly. (So, $15... $7.50/hr)
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-12 18:46:01
June 12 2013 18:45 GMT
#38
On June 13 2013 02:51 Kyuhyuck wrote:
So you have to be 18 to work no exceptions?


Correct. In 'western' counting .

On June 13 2013 03:16 loft wrote:
They are going to 1099 you. Meaning you file 1099 form for taxes.
Normally a company pays a portion of your tax (social security etc) and u file a 1040.

1099 means that you have to pay all taxes including self-employment tax.
If you make your own company, pay yourself, and file as s-corp you can save some money. (this takes time and if done wrong could cost you money/time)

In the end expect to make around half of the hourly. (So, $15... $7.50/hr)


Yikes. Some quick googling suggests roundabout 40% (of course after deductions) unless you end up in the higher tax brackets for US citizens. German tax law actually exempts me from 'business tax' for the portion of my contracting work that I put in outside of German jurisdiction, I also save a ton on health insurance and pay no social security at all.

Here be Dragons
mizU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States12125 Posts
June 13 2013 13:46 GMT
#39
Quite cool!
Should we mention anything if we've had some light experience with CPI ads etc?
if happy ever afters did exist <3 @watamizu_
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
June 13 2013 15:15 GMT
#40
On June 13 2013 22:46 mizU wrote:
Quite cool!
Should we mention anything if we've had some light experience with CPI ads etc?


Sure, can't hurt.
Here be Dragons
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
SpeCial 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 99
MaD[AoV]32
910 21
Bale 14
League of Legends
JimRising 438
Counter-Strike
fl0m4043
Fnx 597
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox425
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4174
Liquid`Hasu578
Other Games
summit1g6970
FrodaN506
C9.Mang0257
JuggernautJason33
Trikslyr2
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV252
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21461
Other Games
• Shiphtur828
• imaqtpie756
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 2m
Patches Events
18h 2m
The PondCast
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.