• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:29
CEST 02:29
KST 09:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9442 users

Quick Math for iPhone iPad and iPod Touch - Page 3

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-28 16:05:43
September 28 2012 16:04 GMT
#41
On September 28 2012 11:37 Heosat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 09:06 absolutionsc wrote:
On September 28 2012 07:47 Heosat wrote:
On September 28 2012 06:51 absolutionsc wrote:
I have a Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 7, but then again I am much cooler than the majority of people

Edit: other comments made sense, thanks! But still just a note that me (and certainly about a million other people) would probably buy this on Android!


Sadly the Nexus 7, whilst a good device, is an abomination to develop for due to the weird pixel density of the screen.

Man I'm glad I'm not a developer. Out of curiosity why is hard to develop for the screen? I thought you developed for a resolution rather than a pixel density? Are you talking about the aspect ratio?


All designers start out designing at 72 ppi so they can cover all screens. Once the design is complete, you need to scale it appropriately for each device. As an example, going from the base design to a retina display on the iPhone 5 means you double the number of pixels, which is great because all edges, etc. line up. It's simple.

For the Galaxy S2, you need to multiply by 1.5x, which is ok, but it means every 3rd pixel needs attention because it may be in the wrong place. The Kindle Fire is a bit harder again, it goes to 1.66x, so again other pixels need attention.

The Nexus 7 bizarrely uses ~1.27x, which is an old format from Cathode Ray TVs. It basically means that you need to pay attention to the location of every pixel otherwise lines end up a blurry mess. It is the only device on the market with this strange format.

Even Apple isn't immune to this type of thing because of their wacky resolution differences between iPhone and iPad, things sometimes need tweaking to get positions that look nice on both devices. But overall it's MUCH MUCH less of a headache than developing for Android. God Android is a headache.
twitter: @terrancem
CrushDog5
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada207 Posts
September 28 2012 17:35 GMT
#42
I'll buy it and try it.
Thanks for supporting TL !
SkillCraft.com - StarCraft + Science
Limelights
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States219 Posts
September 29 2012 04:33 GMT
#43
That challenge is unreal, I can do 20 questions in 13 seconds but I can't seem to cut to 12 seconds. Great app though, i'm addicted to beginner addition lol.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
September 29 2012 18:34 GMT
#44
That is pretty fuggin cool :O
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
CheAse
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada919 Posts
September 30 2012 00:05 GMT
#45
very nice application. You guys did a great job with the sound and interface to make the game fun for users.
SCV good to go sir
Ringall
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Finland177 Posts
September 30 2012 07:44 GMT
#46
I don't have any apple products, so it looks like I can't test it myself. Shame :/
But from what I saw in the videos that were posted, it really looks good. Lovely to see someone putting emphasis into clear and simple UI istead of a massive clusterfuck of .. things.

Good luck with the app, I hope you get plenty of sales :3
Snute fanclub <3 (fan #106 :3 ) | "Bitches know me, I'm Jos 'LiquidRet' de Kroon. I drink, smoke and don't exercize." - Ret | http://bit.ly/GX57En
_Ethereal_
Profile Joined September 2012
United States1 Post
September 30 2012 17:23 GMT
#47
It's pretty cool that you guys managed to make a math app that is fun, competitive and actually develops a useful skill. Undoubtedly, i'll seem like a nerd playing this but it's by far worth it!
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-30 18:05:07
September 30 2012 18:03 GMT
#48
On September 28 2012 06:46 Heosat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 06:37 Nerv3 wrote:
Love the design and idea of the game, however the main problem is the hand writing recognition, especially my 5s and 9s


How do you write your 5s? In two strokes?

And with your 9 do you write it with a curved lower portion?

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I do my 5s in 1 stroke, and still doesn't seem happy. It seems more satisfied when I just draw an S (but of course, even then it doesn't always work).

For the last one (+, -, x, /) on advanced the best I've got was 32 seconds. 12 seconds for beginners +
Fun stuff
Refer to my post.
Everest9
Profile Joined July 2011
Nepal88 Posts
September 30 2012 23:38 GMT
#49
On September 27 2012 10:41 Heosat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2012 09:43 StasisTV wrote:
When will it be available for android?


We have no plans for Android at this time.


Monsterfail.
Hipsters gonna hip.
VaderFail
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada15 Posts
October 01 2012 00:36 GMT
#50
here 23sec on advance with + - x /
Anyone who thinks he is free, is infact in a jail.
staples2
Profile Joined December 2010
United States216 Posts
October 01 2012 02:02 GMT
#51
I bought it this afternoon and my 7 year old loves it. Actually took my phone to bed with him
Air Force Mission: Kill people and break their shit
ivirj
Profile Joined January 2010
Mexico79 Posts
October 01 2012 02:15 GMT
#52
Time to get godlike on simple math, fuck yeah. You guys should do a memorization one.
La violencia es el ultimo recurso del incompetente - Asimov
IhateBunkers
Profile Joined December 2011
New Zealand78 Posts
October 01 2012 02:47 GMT
#53
I would so try this, might have to fix my ipod now haha.
Leenock------SuperNova------HerO------YongHwa
Elliot
Profile Joined May 2011
United States9 Posts
October 01 2012 03:12 GMT
#54
Really fun and well designed app! I wonder how well it will improve my simple arithmetic. Thanks for this!
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
October 01 2012 08:21 GMT
#55
On September 29 2012 00:17 Nerv3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 06:46 Heosat wrote:
On September 28 2012 06:37 Nerv3 wrote:
Love the design and idea of the game, however the main problem is the hand writing recognition, especially my 5s and 9s


How do you write your 5s? In two strokes?

And with your 9 do you write it with a curved lower portion?


Yeah I write the 5s in two strokes, the first stroke being the vertical line and the curve, the second stroke the horizontal line from left to right.

The 9s I do write with a curved lower portion. I start drawing in the top right, then draw a circle counter-clockwise and as I get to the top right again I draw the bottom with a curve after the vertical line, all in one stroke.


Thanks for the description! We found a stupid bug which we will be releasing a fix for this week. It should improve both numbers.
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
October 01 2012 08:23 GMT
#56
On October 01 2012 03:03 Zenbrez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 06:46 Heosat wrote:
On September 28 2012 06:37 Nerv3 wrote:
Love the design and idea of the game, however the main problem is the hand writing recognition, especially my 5s and 9s


How do you write your 5s? In two strokes?

And with your 9 do you write it with a curved lower portion?

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I do my 5s in 1 stroke, and still doesn't seem happy. It seems more satisfied when I just draw an S (but of course, even then it doesn't always work).

For the last one (+, -, x, /) on advanced the best I've got was 32 seconds. 12 seconds for beginners +
Fun stuff


Thanks for the feedback. We should release a fix soon for the 5, it was totally our bad.
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
October 01 2012 08:24 GMT
#57
On October 01 2012 11:02 staples2 wrote:
I bought it this afternoon and my 7 year old loves it. Actually took my phone to bed with him


Thanks for your review on the App Store, we greatly appreciate it!
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
ArhK
Profile Joined July 2007
France287 Posts
October 01 2012 13:12 GMT
#58
Android user here, would have loved to use it on my S2 or my Asus Transformer Prime...
stoned_rabbit
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States324 Posts
October 02 2012 04:40 GMT
#59
I really don't wanna advertise for competition here or anything, but anyone seeking an Android app that is similar should check out "Math Workout". It's very similar (from looks, I don't have an iPhone for comparison purposes) just doesn't use handwriting.

Apologies if this is against the rules or offends TLAF (you guys are awesome), but with their intentions to not develop for Android I figure it's safe.
NewDawn
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada120 Posts
October 02 2012 22:44 GMT
#60
Annnnnd there goes 30 minutes of my working time. I love this app~ It's so.. challenging in a non-challenging way.
One thing I'd like to note is that numbers with curves tend to mess more frequently, zero especially. But it's okay! I now that I suck at this :c
이지은 | 송지은 | 정은지 | 홧팅 ~ !
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12764
Rain 1956
Artosis 768
White-Ra 204
ToSsGirL 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever615
NeuroSwarm176
League of Legends
Doublelift4212
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1494
ArmadaUGS611
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor698
WinterStarcraft240
Other Games
summit1g8776
shahzam673
Day[9].tv603
JimRising 531
C9.Mang0275
ViBE137
Maynarde135
Trikslyr55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick785
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream109
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 130
• davetesta42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1097
• Day9tv603
• Shiphtur268
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 31m
OSC
12h 31m
Stellar Fest
12h 31m
OSC
23h 31m
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.