• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:35
CEST 10:35
KST 17:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10091 users

Quick Math for iPhone iPad and iPod Touch

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Normal
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-27 00:40:10
September 27 2012 00:39 GMT
#1

[image loading]



"Quick Math is an educational dream for kids, math crack for adults."
- The Next Web


Math is boring, right? When we set out to make Sakura Quick Math that's what we thought, but once you add the challenge of trying to get the fastest time in the world, it becomes very interesting. We combined the handwriting engine that TL users helped to build with a slick interface and Game Center to create a fast paced math challenge. Check out the video to understand it further:



In our office we love playing Beginner Addition (10 is the largest answer you need to write) and the average time that people take to complete it is 13 seconds. However, here's the gauntlet: the current world record is 10 seconds for 20 questions. Can anyone beat that? I think it can be done.

If the app piques your interest we'd love if you could tell your siblings, cousins, other family members and friends who might have children in the 6-11 age range. Ultimately we built the app for them and your support will assist us in making a bridgehead in the education market. Don't forget that you can send it as a gift!

[image loading]


It costs 99c and it's available on the App Store right now for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch:


Download Here


Any reviews or ratings are greatly appreciated.
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
StasisTV
Profile Joined May 2011
United States92 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-27 01:06:11
September 27 2012 00:43 GMT
#2
When will it be available for android?
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
MMOwnageSports
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom300 Posts
September 27 2012 00:48 GMT
#3
On September 27 2012 09:43 StasisTV wrote:
When will it be available or android?

It's available now:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/sakura-quick-math/id537802071?ls=1&mt=8

Only $0.99 to! CHEAP! :D
MMOwnage - http://www.youtube.com/mm0wange - HD Gaming Network
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-27 02:17:38
September 27 2012 00:48 GMT
#4
Might be a lost dollar, but I'll buy it anyway.

Once i update my ipad to above ios 4 >_>

edit2: Bought it, pleasantly surprised But it doesn't like my 4s. I have to draw a four like this "4" instead of my up-side-down chair, it doesn't seem to recognize it.
Refer to my post.
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
September 27 2012 01:41 GMT
#5
On September 27 2012 09:43 StasisTV wrote:
When will it be available for android?


We have no plans for Android at this time.
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
astroorion
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1022 Posts
September 27 2012 01:42 GMT
#6
Looks like a lot of fun! Can't wait to but it!
MLG Admin | Astro.631 NA
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
September 27 2012 02:31 GMT
#7
Here's a challenge for you guys:

Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
Peekay.switch
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada285 Posts
September 27 2012 04:14 GMT
#8
On September 27 2012 11:31 Heosat wrote:
Here's a challenge for you guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsckVPotYuc


I think showing millisecond could be relevant in this case

Looks nice, I'll definitly talk to some people who have younger siblings about this!
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
September 27 2012 04:23 GMT
#9
On September 27 2012 13:14 Peekay.switch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2012 11:31 Heosat wrote:
Here's a challenge for you guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsckVPotYuc


I think showing millisecond could be relevant in this case

Looks nice, I'll definitly talk to some people who have younger siblings about this!


Yeah, we'll look into adding that into the UI. But, 10 seconds is still a hard task in itself!
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
September 27 2012 04:40 GMT
#10
Does the developer somehow support TL or SC2?
rockon1215
Profile Joined May 2009
United States612 Posts
September 27 2012 05:12 GMT
#11
On September 27 2012 13:40 Zzoram wrote:
Does the developer somehow support TL or SC2?

The developer is TLAF (The Little App Factory) which sponsors TL. Their logo is on the right, under the sidebar
Flash v Jaedong The finals that is ALWAYS meant to be
enemy2010
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany1972 Posts
September 27 2012 05:12 GMT
#12
Holy shit, this app looks SO beautiful! O.O
1on1 auf azze no he no flash no awp only holztor. | Ja, da meint der ich hätt' abgeschmatzt, aber dat is Quatsch, verstehste?
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
September 27 2012 05:20 GMT
#13
On September 27 2012 14:12 rockon1215 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2012 13:40 Zzoram wrote:
Does the developer somehow support TL or SC2?

The developer is TLAF (The Little App Factory) which sponsors TL. Their logo is on the right, under the sidebar


iTunes says the developer is Shiny Things and there is no mention of Shiny Things or this app on the TLAF website.
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
September 27 2012 05:23 GMT
#14
On September 27 2012 14:20 Zzoram wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2012 14:12 rockon1215 wrote:
On September 27 2012 13:40 Zzoram wrote:
Does the developer somehow support TL or SC2?

The developer is TLAF (The Little App Factory) which sponsors TL. Their logo is on the right, under the sidebar


iTunes says the developer is Shiny Things and there is no mention of Shiny Things or this app on the TLAF website.


It's our sub-brand and no, we haven't mentioned it on the TLAF website.
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
eNtitY~
Profile Joined January 2007
United States1293 Posts
September 27 2012 05:58 GMT
#15
I like the idea, bought it to try it and out and support TLAF.
http://www.starcraftdream.com
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24800 Posts
September 27 2012 06:09 GMT
#16
Oh... I want to try it :p

I don't have any ipoops though
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-27 06:25:00
September 27 2012 06:22 GMT
#17
Say hello to your first 5* review on the Australian app store. Plans to add more modes and stuff? Powers? Basic trig? There's more math you can do quickly :D

EDIT: man this thing really hates my 8s sometimes.
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
September 27 2012 06:37 GMT
#18
Wish you guys did Android stuff too I just switched over to an S3
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
September 27 2012 06:56 GMT
#19
On September 27 2012 15:22 Ruscour wrote:
Say hello to your first 5* review on the Australian app store. Plans to add more modes and stuff? Powers? Basic trig? There's more math you can do quickly :D

EDIT: man this thing really hates my 8s sometimes.


Thanks for your review!

Your 8s? That sucks. Next version we will have a "report my numbers" feature so we can see how you are drawing them. Would you mind reporting your 8?

We are looking at more items to add but first we need to make sure the handwriting is working really well.
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-27 07:02:04
September 27 2012 07:01 GMT
#20
// nvm
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
sc14s
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5052 Posts
September 27 2012 12:19 GMT
#21
I am kind of sad that you want to alienate the android users x.x. Sorry but mac products are not something i will ever buy guess i wont get the game.
robhoward
Profile Joined February 2011
79 Posts
September 27 2012 12:55 GMT
#22
Best I could get was 11 seconds. Dunno if its because my handwriting sucks or not (though they look totally legible to me, if not a little scruffy) but it hates my 4s and 5s to no end. Particularly the 5s.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
September 27 2012 13:53 GMT
#23
On September 27 2012 21:55 robhoward wrote:
Best I could get was 11 seconds. Dunno if its because my handwriting sucks or not (though they look totally legible to me, if not a little scruffy) but it hates my 4s and 5s to no end. Particularly the 5s.

It didn't like my 4s either, then I let my dad try it, and it didn't like probably 15/20 of his 5s
Refer to my post.
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
September 27 2012 18:59 GMT
#24
Love little things like this, wish it were available on the android. Looks great, really polished with smooth animations and a nice color palette.
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
September 27 2012 19:15 GMT
#25
This is really cool - will definitely recommend for a sister in law with 4 kids near the target age range!
shindigs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4795 Posts
September 27 2012 19:53 GMT
#26
As simple as they are, I still love killing time on these games. Wish you guys could port it to Android because you'd have one more customer over here.
Photographer@shindags || twitch.tv/shindigs
SeraKuDA
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada343 Posts
September 27 2012 20:34 GMT
#27
I think Android is going to be the future and you guys should start creating for both.
absolutionsc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States146 Posts
September 27 2012 21:15 GMT
#28
Yeah, not sure why you would have no plans for Android when Android has the biggest market share right now...

Bummer. I would have paid a dollar in a heartbeat =(
Nerv3
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany36 Posts
September 27 2012 21:37 GMT
#29
Love the design and idea of the game, however the main problem is the hand writing recognition, especially my 5s and 9s
More gg more skill :)
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
September 27 2012 21:46 GMT
#30
On September 28 2012 06:37 Nerv3 wrote:
Love the design and idea of the game, however the main problem is the hand writing recognition, especially my 5s and 9s


How do you write your 5s? In two strokes?

And with your 9 do you write it with a curved lower portion?
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
September 27 2012 21:49 GMT
#31
On September 28 2012 06:15 absolutionsc wrote:
Yeah, not sure why you would have no plans for Android when Android has the biggest market share right now...

Bummer. I would have paid a dollar in a heartbeat =(


Market share isn't really a metric to base app development on. Instead there are a few key factors at play:

1. Creating an app on Android with the same quality and design costs more money.
2. Each download on Google Play earns less than the respective download on the App Store.
3. There are less overall downloads on Google Play.

Finally, as this is an education app, we have to look heavily at the tablet market and there is only one tablet, the iPad.
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
absolutionsc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States146 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-27 22:02:22
September 27 2012 21:51 GMT
#32
I have a Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 7, but then again I am much cooler than the majority of people

Edit: other comments made sense, thanks! But still just a note that me (and certainly about a million other people) would probably buy this on Android!
snively
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States1159 Posts
September 27 2012 22:03 GMT
#33
On September 27 2012 09:39 Heosat wrote:
We combined the handwriting engine that TL users helped to build ...


when was this i didnt hear about this
My religion is Starcraft
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
September 27 2012 22:47 GMT
#34
On September 28 2012 06:51 absolutionsc wrote:
I have a Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 7, but then again I am much cooler than the majority of people

Edit: other comments made sense, thanks! But still just a note that me (and certainly about a million other people) would probably buy this on Android!


Sadly the Nexus 7, whilst a good device, is an abomination to develop for due to the weird pixel density of the screen.
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
ClysmiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2192 Posts
September 27 2012 23:36 GMT
#35
Looks neat, and really well made. If I had an iPhone I would get it!
absolutionsc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States146 Posts
September 28 2012 00:06 GMT
#36
On September 28 2012 07:47 Heosat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 06:51 absolutionsc wrote:
I have a Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 7, but then again I am much cooler than the majority of people

Edit: other comments made sense, thanks! But still just a note that me (and certainly about a million other people) would probably buy this on Android!


Sadly the Nexus 7, whilst a good device, is an abomination to develop for due to the weird pixel density of the screen.

Man I'm glad I'm not a developer. Out of curiosity why is hard to develop for the screen? I thought you developed for a resolution rather than a pixel density? Are you talking about the aspect ratio?
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
September 28 2012 02:37 GMT
#37
On September 28 2012 09:06 absolutionsc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 07:47 Heosat wrote:
On September 28 2012 06:51 absolutionsc wrote:
I have a Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 7, but then again I am much cooler than the majority of people

Edit: other comments made sense, thanks! But still just a note that me (and certainly about a million other people) would probably buy this on Android!


Sadly the Nexus 7, whilst a good device, is an abomination to develop for due to the weird pixel density of the screen.

Man I'm glad I'm not a developer. Out of curiosity why is hard to develop for the screen? I thought you developed for a resolution rather than a pixel density? Are you talking about the aspect ratio?


All designers start out designing at 72 ppi so they can cover all screens. Once the design is complete, you need to scale it appropriately for each device. As an example, going from the base design to a retina display on the iPhone 5 means you double the number of pixels, which is great because all edges, etc. line up. It's simple.

For the Galaxy S2, you need to multiply by 1.5x, which is ok, but it means every 3rd pixel needs attention because it may be in the wrong place. The Kindle Fire is a bit harder again, it goes to 1.66x, so again other pixels need attention.

The Nexus 7 bizarrely uses ~1.27x, which is an old format from Cathode Ray TVs. It basically means that you need to pay attention to the location of every pixel otherwise lines end up a blurry mess. It is the only device on the market with this strange format.
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
Calvin[Deck]
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark88 Posts
September 28 2012 12:54 GMT
#38
Looks fun, i will test this with my kids when i come home from work.
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
September 28 2012 15:12 GMT
#39
Math is not boring. Math is everywhere in nature, deal with it.
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
Nerv3
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany36 Posts
September 28 2012 15:17 GMT
#40
On September 28 2012 06:46 Heosat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 06:37 Nerv3 wrote:
Love the design and idea of the game, however the main problem is the hand writing recognition, especially my 5s and 9s


How do you write your 5s? In two strokes?

And with your 9 do you write it with a curved lower portion?


Yeah I write the 5s in two strokes, the first stroke being the vertical line and the curve, the second stroke the horizontal line from left to right.

The 9s I do write with a curved lower portion. I start drawing in the top right, then draw a circle counter-clockwise and as I get to the top right again I draw the bottom with a curve after the vertical line, all in one stroke.
More gg more skill :)
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-28 16:05:43
September 28 2012 16:04 GMT
#41
On September 28 2012 11:37 Heosat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 09:06 absolutionsc wrote:
On September 28 2012 07:47 Heosat wrote:
On September 28 2012 06:51 absolutionsc wrote:
I have a Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 7, but then again I am much cooler than the majority of people

Edit: other comments made sense, thanks! But still just a note that me (and certainly about a million other people) would probably buy this on Android!


Sadly the Nexus 7, whilst a good device, is an abomination to develop for due to the weird pixel density of the screen.

Man I'm glad I'm not a developer. Out of curiosity why is hard to develop for the screen? I thought you developed for a resolution rather than a pixel density? Are you talking about the aspect ratio?


All designers start out designing at 72 ppi so they can cover all screens. Once the design is complete, you need to scale it appropriately for each device. As an example, going from the base design to a retina display on the iPhone 5 means you double the number of pixels, which is great because all edges, etc. line up. It's simple.

For the Galaxy S2, you need to multiply by 1.5x, which is ok, but it means every 3rd pixel needs attention because it may be in the wrong place. The Kindle Fire is a bit harder again, it goes to 1.66x, so again other pixels need attention.

The Nexus 7 bizarrely uses ~1.27x, which is an old format from Cathode Ray TVs. It basically means that you need to pay attention to the location of every pixel otherwise lines end up a blurry mess. It is the only device on the market with this strange format.

Even Apple isn't immune to this type of thing because of their wacky resolution differences between iPhone and iPad, things sometimes need tweaking to get positions that look nice on both devices. But overall it's MUCH MUCH less of a headache than developing for Android. God Android is a headache.
twitter: @terrancem
CrushDog5
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada207 Posts
September 28 2012 17:35 GMT
#42
I'll buy it and try it.
Thanks for supporting TL !
SkillCraft.com - StarCraft + Science
Limelights
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States219 Posts
September 29 2012 04:33 GMT
#43
That challenge is unreal, I can do 20 questions in 13 seconds but I can't seem to cut to 12 seconds. Great app though, i'm addicted to beginner addition lol.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
September 29 2012 18:34 GMT
#44
That is pretty fuggin cool :O
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
CheAse
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada919 Posts
September 30 2012 00:05 GMT
#45
very nice application. You guys did a great job with the sound and interface to make the game fun for users.
SCV good to go sir
Ringall
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Finland177 Posts
September 30 2012 07:44 GMT
#46
I don't have any apple products, so it looks like I can't test it myself. Shame :/
But from what I saw in the videos that were posted, it really looks good. Lovely to see someone putting emphasis into clear and simple UI istead of a massive clusterfuck of .. things.

Good luck with the app, I hope you get plenty of sales :3
Snute fanclub <3 (fan #106 :3 ) | "Bitches know me, I'm Jos 'LiquidRet' de Kroon. I drink, smoke and don't exercize." - Ret | http://bit.ly/GX57En
_Ethereal_
Profile Joined September 2012
United States1 Post
September 30 2012 17:23 GMT
#47
It's pretty cool that you guys managed to make a math app that is fun, competitive and actually develops a useful skill. Undoubtedly, i'll seem like a nerd playing this but it's by far worth it!
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-30 18:05:07
September 30 2012 18:03 GMT
#48
On September 28 2012 06:46 Heosat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 06:37 Nerv3 wrote:
Love the design and idea of the game, however the main problem is the hand writing recognition, especially my 5s and 9s


How do you write your 5s? In two strokes?

And with your 9 do you write it with a curved lower portion?

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I do my 5s in 1 stroke, and still doesn't seem happy. It seems more satisfied when I just draw an S (but of course, even then it doesn't always work).

For the last one (+, -, x, /) on advanced the best I've got was 32 seconds. 12 seconds for beginners +
Fun stuff
Refer to my post.
Everest9
Profile Joined July 2011
Nepal88 Posts
September 30 2012 23:38 GMT
#49
On September 27 2012 10:41 Heosat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2012 09:43 StasisTV wrote:
When will it be available for android?


We have no plans for Android at this time.


Monsterfail.
Hipsters gonna hip.
VaderFail
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada15 Posts
October 01 2012 00:36 GMT
#50
here 23sec on advance with + - x /
Anyone who thinks he is free, is infact in a jail.
staples2
Profile Joined December 2010
United States216 Posts
October 01 2012 02:02 GMT
#51
I bought it this afternoon and my 7 year old loves it. Actually took my phone to bed with him
Air Force Mission: Kill people and break their shit
ivirj
Profile Joined January 2010
Mexico79 Posts
October 01 2012 02:15 GMT
#52
Time to get godlike on simple math, fuck yeah. You guys should do a memorization one.
La violencia es el ultimo recurso del incompetente - Asimov
IhateBunkers
Profile Joined December 2011
New Zealand78 Posts
October 01 2012 02:47 GMT
#53
I would so try this, might have to fix my ipod now haha.
Leenock------SuperNova------HerO------YongHwa
Elliot
Profile Joined May 2011
United States9 Posts
October 01 2012 03:12 GMT
#54
Really fun and well designed app! I wonder how well it will improve my simple arithmetic. Thanks for this!
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
October 01 2012 08:21 GMT
#55
On September 29 2012 00:17 Nerv3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 06:46 Heosat wrote:
On September 28 2012 06:37 Nerv3 wrote:
Love the design and idea of the game, however the main problem is the hand writing recognition, especially my 5s and 9s


How do you write your 5s? In two strokes?

And with your 9 do you write it with a curved lower portion?


Yeah I write the 5s in two strokes, the first stroke being the vertical line and the curve, the second stroke the horizontal line from left to right.

The 9s I do write with a curved lower portion. I start drawing in the top right, then draw a circle counter-clockwise and as I get to the top right again I draw the bottom with a curve after the vertical line, all in one stroke.


Thanks for the description! We found a stupid bug which we will be releasing a fix for this week. It should improve both numbers.
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
October 01 2012 08:23 GMT
#56
On October 01 2012 03:03 Zenbrez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 06:46 Heosat wrote:
On September 28 2012 06:37 Nerv3 wrote:
Love the design and idea of the game, however the main problem is the hand writing recognition, especially my 5s and 9s


How do you write your 5s? In two strokes?

And with your 9 do you write it with a curved lower portion?

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I do my 5s in 1 stroke, and still doesn't seem happy. It seems more satisfied when I just draw an S (but of course, even then it doesn't always work).

For the last one (+, -, x, /) on advanced the best I've got was 32 seconds. 12 seconds for beginners +
Fun stuff


Thanks for the feedback. We should release a fix soon for the 5, it was totally our bad.
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
October 01 2012 08:24 GMT
#57
On October 01 2012 11:02 staples2 wrote:
I bought it this afternoon and my 7 year old loves it. Actually took my phone to bed with him


Thanks for your review on the App Store, we greatly appreciate it!
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
ArhK
Profile Joined July 2007
France287 Posts
October 01 2012 13:12 GMT
#58
Android user here, would have loved to use it on my S2 or my Asus Transformer Prime...
stoned_rabbit
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States324 Posts
October 02 2012 04:40 GMT
#59
I really don't wanna advertise for competition here or anything, but anyone seeking an Android app that is similar should check out "Math Workout". It's very similar (from looks, I don't have an iPhone for comparison purposes) just doesn't use handwriting.

Apologies if this is against the rules or offends TLAF (you guys are awesome), but with their intentions to not develop for Android I figure it's safe.
NewDawn
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada120 Posts
October 02 2012 22:44 GMT
#60
Annnnnd there goes 30 minutes of my working time. I love this app~ It's so.. challenging in a non-challenging way.
One thing I'd like to note is that numbers with curves tend to mess more frequently, zero especially. But it's okay! I now that I suck at this :c
이지은 | 송지은 | 정은지 | 홧팅 ~ !
aNDRoM
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States637 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-03 06:27:14
October 03 2012 06:24 GMT
#61
That's funny, I saw that this app (or I guess the company that developed it) had sponsored Daring Fireball, and meant to check out this game because I think it might be good for my daughter to practice her math this way, and didn't even realize TLAF developed it. That clinches it. I'll buy it tomorrow. :-)

Just wondering why TLAF isn't mentioned. The name further confuses things, as I first thought Sakura was the company, then I saw it was Shiny Things, and only now did I find out it's TLAF...
Hi. My name is Werner Brandes. My voice is my passport. Verify me.
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
October 03 2012 23:37 GMT
#62
On October 03 2012 15:24 aNDRoM wrote:
That's funny, I saw that this app (or I guess the company that developed it) had sponsored Daring Fireball, and meant to check out this game because I think it might be good for my daughter to practice her math this way, and didn't even realize TLAF developed it. That clinches it. I'll buy it tomorrow. :-)

Just wondering why TLAF isn't mentioned. The name further confuses things, as I first thought Sakura was the company, then I saw it was Shiny Things, and only now did I find out it's TLAF...


It's our sub-brand, Shiny Things, that released it.

We are also confused by our branding right now so we are going to fix it.
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
Gnarg
Profile Joined October 2009
Netherlands165 Posts
October 04 2012 14:38 GMT
#63
Would buy if on Android.
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 512
Hyuk 310
910 230
Killer 76
Dewaltoss 58
Yoon 47
Shinee 34
Mind 28
NotJumperer 27
ZergMaN 27
[ Show more ]
Bale 21
yabsab 19
Noble 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe162
League of Legends
JimRising 471
Counter-Strike
olofmeister917
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2063
Khaldor506
Other Games
singsing1209
ceh9552
Sick257
XBOCT252
Mew2King148
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick732
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream251
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH148
• LUISG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2315
League of Legends
• Jankos1268
• Stunt534
Other Games
• WagamamaTV73
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 26m
Stellar Fest
4h 26m
The PondCast
1d 1h
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.