• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:07
CEST 05:07
KST 12:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8825 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1420

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 5162 Next
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
March 14 2014 00:04 GMT
#28381
On March 14 2014 09:03 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Soniv uses his 8k for commitment. A rarity.

A sign that he's to become a Go grandmaster (or whatever ranking system they use).
liftlift > tsm
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
March 14 2014 00:11 GMT
#28382
He's now a defiler. Soniv, any plans of spreading cancer?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 14 2014 00:14 GMT
#28383
On March 14 2014 09:03 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Soniv uses his 8k for commitment. A rarity.


wasn't planning anything

ees no biggie
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
March 14 2014 00:15 GMT
#28384
On March 14 2014 09:14 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 09:03 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Soniv uses his 8k for commitment. A rarity.


wasn't planning anything

ees no biggie

You are now. You've been marked.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
March 14 2014 00:19 GMT
#28385
On March 14 2014 09:02 wei2coolman wrote:
Japanese scoring for mahjong hurts my head.

I still don't understand that Japanese supermove thingy.

Why would you keep all 4 winds, and the 1+9s.

It's like shooting the moon in Hearts, it rewards bad playyyyyy :<
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
March 14 2014 00:29 GMT
#28386
On March 14 2014 09:19 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 09:02 wei2coolman wrote:
Japanese scoring for mahjong hurts my head.

I still don't understand that Japanese supermove thingy.

Why would you keep all 4 winds, and the 1+9s.

It's like shooting the moon in Hearts, it rewards bad playyyyyy :<

That's why it's fucking stupid.
liftlift > tsm
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
March 14 2014 00:51 GMT
#28387
On March 14 2014 09:19 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 09:02 wei2coolman wrote:
Japanese scoring for mahjong hurts my head.

I still don't understand that Japanese supermove thingy.

Why would you keep all 4 winds, and the 1+9s.

It's like shooting the moon in Hearts, it rewards bad playyyyyy :<

don't be mad if games have a way to go full yolo

just imagine how boring hearts would be if you couldn't ever go yolo
A backwards poet writes inverse.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 14 2014 00:53 GMT
#28388
lol soniv I showed my wife the post dog food guy got banned for (damn you for going there and making me look at that thread again, but I laughed) and she goes:
"Why would he get banned for that? I mean, who cares? It's not like he said 'Kill all the Jews or something.'"
o.O
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 00:55:54
March 14 2014 00:55 GMT
#28389
Sounds like something Teut would say. Is you wife Irish, Wave?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
March 14 2014 01:01 GMT
#28390
Is your wife Requiteut, Wave?
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
March 14 2014 01:04 GMT
#28391
On March 14 2014 09:53 WaveofShadow wrote:
lol soniv I showed my wife the post dog food guy got banned for (damn you for going there and making me look at that thread again, but I laughed) and she goes:
"Why would he get banned for that? I mean, who cares? It's not like he said 'Kill all the Jews or something.'"
o.O

Why would you get banned for wanting to kill jews?

All TL cares about are asians, so as long as you don't want to exterminate the koreans, you're gonna be golden.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
March 14 2014 01:06 GMT
#28392
On March 14 2014 10:01 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Is your wife Requiteut, Wave?

Geez, kids these days. Somebody oughta teach you patience.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 14 2014 01:12 GMT
#28393
On March 14 2014 10:04 Dandel Ion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 09:53 WaveofShadow wrote:
lol soniv I showed my wife the post dog food guy got banned for (damn you for going there and making me look at that thread again, but I laughed) and she goes:
"Why would he get banned for that? I mean, who cares? It's not like he said 'Kill all the Jews or something.'"
o.O

Why would you get banned for wanting to kill jews?

All TL cares about are asians, so as long as you don't want to exterminate the koreans, you're gonna be golden.

Figures I had to post that right after YOU showed up.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 01:16:43
March 14 2014 01:13 GMT
#28394
On March 14 2014 09:19 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 09:02 wei2coolman wrote:
Japanese scoring for mahjong hurts my head.

I still don't understand that Japanese supermove thingy.

Why would you keep all 4 winds, and the 1+9s.

It's like shooting the moon in Hearts, it rewards bad playyyyyy :<

it's not like other card game scoring systems are neatly ordered by probability. they just think it's cool and hard to make probably.

the rarest japanese yakuman hand is like 10 times rarer than the ones that are worth double yaku points.
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 14 2014 01:14 GMT
#28395
On March 14 2014 09:53 WaveofShadow wrote:
lol soniv I showed my wife the post dog food guy got banned for (damn you for going there and making me look at that thread again, but I laughed) and she goes:
"Why would he get banned for that? I mean, who cares? It's not like he said 'Kill all the Jews or something.'"
o.O


Even better cuz you're a Jew. I think she just compared dogfoodboy to hitler
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 14 2014 01:15 GMT
#28396
On March 14 2014 10:14 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 09:53 WaveofShadow wrote:
lol soniv I showed my wife the post dog food guy got banned for (damn you for going there and making me look at that thread again, but I laughed) and she goes:
"Why would he get banned for that? I mean, who cares? It's not like he said 'Kill all the Jews or something.'"
o.O


Even better cuz you're a Jew. I think she just compared dogfoodboy to hitler

No, if anything she compared him to NOT hitler.
Also, Godwin's Law.
Also, gonna shower then maybe play D3 or HS or get my WotD or maybe Dark Souls TOO MAY GAMES CANT DECIDE AAAAHHHH

I think mebbe D3 if people are on TS so I can be a RL witch doctor again.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
March 14 2014 01:17 GMT
#28397
On March 14 2014 10:12 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 10:04 Dandel Ion wrote:
On March 14 2014 09:53 WaveofShadow wrote:
lol soniv I showed my wife the post dog food guy got banned for (damn you for going there and making me look at that thread again, but I laughed) and she goes:
"Why would he get banned for that? I mean, who cares? It's not like he said 'Kill all the Jews or something.'"
o.O

Why would you get banned for wanting to kill jews?

All TL cares about are asians, so as long as you don't want to exterminate the koreans, you're gonna be golden.

Figures I had to post that right after YOU showed up.

Listen to the voice of experience, youngun
A backwards poet writes inverse.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 14 2014 01:18 GMT
#28398
On March 14 2014 10:17 Dandel Ion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 10:12 WaveofShadow wrote:
On March 14 2014 10:04 Dandel Ion wrote:
On March 14 2014 09:53 WaveofShadow wrote:
lol soniv I showed my wife the post dog food guy got banned for (damn you for going there and making me look at that thread again, but I laughed) and she goes:
"Why would he get banned for that? I mean, who cares? It's not like he said 'Kill all the Jews or something.'"
o.O

Why would you get banned for wanting to kill jews?

All TL cares about are asians, so as long as you don't want to exterminate the koreans, you're gonna be golden.

Figures I had to post that right after YOU showed up.

Listen to the voice of experience, youngun

Would you sign up for one of those games or something?
Subforum so dead.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 14 2014 01:24 GMT
#28399
On March 14 2014 10:15 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 10:14 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On March 14 2014 09:53 WaveofShadow wrote:
lol soniv I showed my wife the post dog food guy got banned for (damn you for going there and making me look at that thread again, but I laughed) and she goes:
"Why would he get banned for that? I mean, who cares? It's not like he said 'Kill all the Jews or something.'"
o.O


Even better cuz you're a Jew. I think she just compared dogfoodboy to hitler

No, if anything she compared him to NOT hitler.
Also, Godwin's Law.
Also, gonna shower then maybe play D3 or HS or get my WotD or maybe Dark Souls TOO MAY GAMES CANT DECIDE AAAAHHHH

I think mebbe D3 if people are on TS so I can be a RL witch doctor again.


I think I'm gonna start a monk

but I don't wanna be power leveled
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
March 14 2014 01:32 GMT
#28400
On March 14 2014 08:59 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Japanese scoring is too shit Tenhou blows. The most random-ass hands score a million points zz.


On March 14 2014 09:02 wei2coolman wrote:
Japanese scoring for mahjong hurts my head.



I kind of agree, but I don't think it's that bad. I also don't know of any other easier to play on mahjong server. It's easy to sign up(or play as guest), and quite easy to just join in a random game. What's a better server than tenhou for quick/easy playing?


On March 14 2014 09:03 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 08:57 ketchup wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:30 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:23 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:21 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
1) Wei pls play Go like a classy motherfucker


Do you play?

Used to. I was damn good too. Would place pretty decently at like local tournaments. It's been so long now though that I don't really remember half of the game. I can barely recall how to play. I guess compared to a lot of you guys it hasn't been that long ago, but for me it was ages.



How good is damn good? Over or under 1d? I consider "damn good" to be at least 4d+ in any ranking system(something I probably will never achieve since I don't put effort into it).

I would like it if people tried out Go instead of Chess. At least this way I know how to play Go a tiny bit better than Chess. gg thanks

Or please play mahjong on tenhou. 4player too strong. I'm pretty bad at mahjong too.


I would also like to learn Go more. I learned it like freshman year of high school. Have spent almost 0 time playing it.


Let me know if you are serious, and I'll join in on the Go stuff whenever people play it. Maybe should try some correspondence go on http://online-go.com or something. Whatever works. I usually use KGS(gokgs.com), but that's more real time, and takes a lot more effort.

Also, I'd recommend a similar set up if you are on chess.com. It seems a lot more fun on chess.com when you are playing someone you know, and you use the "online chess" option where you can take upwards to 2-3 days per move. It's more lenient, and lets you take your time on what you want to do.
Prev 1 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 194
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 566
NaDa 47
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm206
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g10181
JimRising 693
WinterStarcraft367
Mew2King97
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1351
BasetradeTV274
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• davetesta45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush756
• Lourlo430
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 53m
INu's Battles
8h 53m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 53m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 53m
Replay Cast
19h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.